Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't really bother me, only thing I would be afraid of is that this is the precursor to the 20% discount being taken away from all non-preowned games all the time.

At the least they should of gave a heads up to people and let them know, Alot of people including myself buy tons of video games from bestbuy on black friday. This will def cause people to stop buying games from bestbuy on black friday, Me personally not really.

At the least they should of gave a heads up to people and let them know, Alot of people including myself buy tons of video games from bestbuy on black friday. This will def cause people to stop buying games from bestbuy on black friday, Me personally not really.
They did give us a heads up....just now.

If the prices are the same I will still be buying from BB because they have their rewards program; however, I can see myself buying less this year as the GCU discount sealed the deal on a few games last year that wouldn't have been purchased without the discount.
Good point. For people that spend cash or credit, it would still make sense to shop at BB. For those of us with gift cards, it might make more sense to go elsewhere. For me, I lean towards Amazon since Prime gives me fast and free shipping.

How much money do they actually make on Black Friday door buster deals, with GCU calculated in? Are there that many people that wouldn't renew because Black Friday isn't included, considering the 20% off the rest of the year?
It won't stop me from renewing, but they'll just see less gaming revenue on Black Friday. Wonder if the policy extends to Cyber Monday sales.

Bestbuy you just let the shit hit the fan literally,

I think it's a stupid move, because now people will be hesitant on renewing their membership or even committing on one for the first time
If the only time you use GCU is black Friday, you are using GCU wrong. You can definitely go spend your money at retailers that give you 20% of black Friday prices. Be sure you let the rest of us know when you find that retailer since it doesn't exist right now.

It's no big deal. Still for $15 a year you can get 20% off Sale priced games, excluding Black Friday. A small change, but doesn't make the program worse.

What a shame about black fri.
I loved the gcu program but i guess this is the last straw for me.
Not gonna re-up again.

It is clearly a big deal by any standard no offense. I'm sure some ppl are ok with it but some of us aren't. And the pre-order program hasn't been great for at least a year.

Last straw? That means there had to be other straws. GCU has only improved up until this point. Dont be dramatic.
lol I've been a member from the beginning. Gcu is awful compared to before. We got coupons in a physical magazine for yrs that were also excellent. And the pre-order selection has been bad as well.

Even trade ins and bonuses have dwindled.

didnt really buy much during black friday from best buy last year. with this new terms&conditions, i hope amazon takes advantage of it and try and revamp their prime members deal and extend their 20% off to "all new games" and not just new released game. its time for them to get their share back in video game revenue pie!

It's no big deal. Still for $15 a year you can get 20% off Sale priced games, excluding Black Friday. A small change, but doesn't make the program worse.
Oh it certainly does make it worse. We don't get more then we did, so it isn't better. We aren't keeping things the same as they were so it isn't neutral. We are losing a big sale period that we won't save 20% on.

Does it make it horrible or worthless, not by any means, but it certainly is worse.

BestBuy dropped the 20% for BF ad is fine with me, my account is good till 2022 (if they're even still around by then). I believe I paid less than $10 for each year when they had those promos with buying sim card kits. If people aren't going to re-up on GCU because they took away a 4 day sale weekend a year I'm not sure what to tell you. Are you not buying games the rest of the 2 years your membership is active to get back your $30 for the membership which is 3 games on its launch day ($59.99 full priced = $11.99 discount x 3 = $35.97 savings) . 

Well, just maybe, they'll offer black Friday prices that beat their competitors instead of beating their competitors with GCU on top of those black friday sales.  If not, its all good.  Gonna buy wherever things are cheapest anyway

lol I've been a member from the beginning. Gcu is awful compared to before. We got coupons in a physical magazine for yrs that were also excellent. And the pre-order selection has been bad as well.

Even trade ins and bonuses have dwindled.
I've been a member since it started as well and I loved that magazine with the sweet coupons that gave us free games and games for five or ten bucks, some soon after release like arkham origins. However, do you remember the avalanche of posts here and on the Best Buy forums about being restricted to a handful of titles each month? I do. And there was. Every freakin month there were people complaining about gcu back then for that reason. That is how we got here with the 20 percent off everything instead. The majority wanted that(or something similar).

Now I agree with you on the preorder bonuses...those used to be twenty dollars so that got nerfed. But let's be realistic...that was unsustainable once we got discounts on preorders like we do under the current system

Sucks about GCU not stacking with BF prices, I bought so much last year, but as long as they have the deals online and as early as they did I can live with it.

My GCU expires Nov 6th, we'll see when I renew. Certainly no rush now. Admittedly I'll probably still shop BB for BF because I'll likely be Elite Plus by then and can have my purchases delivered instead of dealing with the commotion.

if there is no 20% off black friday games, what am i going to use as trade fodder to gamestop in january? im disappointed as its an annual tradition to trade in all the black friday games i didnt play for a profit to gamestop as soon as they have a decent promo. doesnt best buy care about holiday tradition?

If the only time you use GCU is black Friday, you are using GCU wrong. You can definitely go spend your money at retailers that give you 20% of black Friday prices. Be sure you let the rest of us know when you find that retailer since it doesn't exist right now.
There is some serious overreaction to this news. People saying they won't renew or will consider not renewing after reading this? Give me a break. GCU is a no brainer at $15 a year. Losing the ability to stack with sale prices on 1 day of the year doesn't change that. We don't even know what their BF prices will be compared to other stores and people are already saying they won't be shopping there now. If you want to complain about Best Buy, their trade in values have been garbage for some time now and it's not as easy to get credit there. Not that Gamestop is any better (excluding events like last weekend).

As for the discussion about the old Gamers Club with the magazine. I will take 20% off games over any of the old Gamers Club benefits. Yeah, $20 certificates were nice, but we still get $10 certificates on top of 20% off the game, which is a $22 total benefit on a standard copy or more for a CE. I remember the old Gamers Club thread and the bitching each month over how much the coupons sucked. Occasionally you would be able to stack a coupon with a sales price for a really nice deal or even a free game nobody wanted, but overall those coupons were not that great.

Looking at these terms, It also looks like you can sign up for GCU on the website now. I know that was a problem in the past for some people who don't live near a Best Buy store.

There is some serious overreaction to this news. People saying they won't renew or will consider not renewing after reading this? Give me a break. GCU is a no brainer at $15 a year. Losing the ability to stack with sale prices on 1 day of the year doesn't change that. We don't even know what their BF prices will be compared to other stores and people are already saying they won't be shopping there now. If you want to complain about Best Buy, their trade in values have been garbage for some time now and it's not as easy to get credit there. Not that Gamestop is any better (excluding events like last weekend).

As for the discussion about the old Gamers Club with the magazine. I will take 20% off games over any of the old Gamers Club benefits. Yeah, $20 certificates were nice, but we still get $10 certificates on top of 20% off the game, which is a $22 total benefit on a standard copy or more for a CE. I remember the old Gamers Club thread and the bitching each month over how much the coupons sucked. Occasionally you would be able to stack a coupon with a sales price for a really nice deal or even a free game nobody wanted, but overall those coupons were not that great.

Looking at these terms, It also looks like you can sign up for GCU on the website now. I know that was a problem in the past for some people who don't live near a Best Buy store.
ya it sucks to lose the BF stack but it certainly does not kill the value of GCU by a long shot. Big time overreaction I understand its "cheap ass gamer" but shit lol.

ya it sucks to lose the BF stack but it certainly does not kill the value of GCU by a long shot. Big time overreaction I understand its "cheap ass gamer" but shit lol.
There are just people that love to act like they are important and have power. Sorry, but if you don't renew GCU because you can't use it on black Friday ... You probably don't spend enough to be important enough for Best Buy to care about.

Just because something is in terms of use doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen.  Anything is possible - but I find it hard to believe Best Buy will go through the effort of disabling GCU for select times during a 4 day duration; that seems like a lot of work.

Nevermind that many Black Friday discounts are unadvertised to reduce competition.

On the contrary, I believe people are taking this news too well. black Friday just got 20% more expensive, no way is that good news. If they were planning to out price the competitors they wouldn't be taking this away. Advertising gcu prices and having people sign up for just Black Friday would have been the better strategy if that was the case

Here is the issue with all of this to consider.  No it isn't a HUGE deal, but they ARE taking away paid benefits.  Previously it worked on ALL sale prices, now only SOME sale prices.  Of course it is perfectly within their rights to do so according to their terms that already state they can alter them, but it is very shitty.

I'd be worried about what the next shoe to drop will be.  Only MSRP?  Only certain games?  Only Pre-order and "new games"?  If this change isn't met with very stiff resistance, they will take that as a sign that this is no problem.  That's how this stuff works, take small bites - that's why even if it isn't a big deal to you, it should be treated as one.

The thing they want is to make a nice BF circular with really low numbers.  They could always adjust the prices to account for GCU if it was causing losses rather than screwing people that paid for it.  Best Buy Marketing would rather piss off a bunch of loyal customers with paid memberships so they look better in those price comparison spreadsheets.  And they are testing the waters for how receptive we will be for losing benefits.  Our answer needs to be "Not at all receptive".

The reward points have been down forever now. im pretty sure we won't even get the $10 for overwatch and are going to have to call them about it

It's almost as if we consumers have a right to be upset at them taking away paid benefits or something.
Meh, if you paid the original $120/year price you might have a point. They've been running so many great sales lately though I don't expect for BF to be much to speak of anyway. The fact that the discount ever applied to sale prices (and still will except on BF) never made sense but hopefully they won't pull the plug on that anytime soon.

Meh, if you paid the original $120/year price you might have a point. They've been running so many great sales lately though I don't expect for BF to be much to speak of anyway. The fact that the discount ever applied to sale prices (and still will except on BF) never made sense but hopefully they won't pull the plug on that anytime soon.
That's the problem. If everyone says nothing, that will be next. Amazon also offers other benefits with Prime, but I could very well see them dropping their benefits to that level.

Of course it is still a pretty decent deal, but if they want to change terms on benefits they need to grandfather existing members. If BF prices are already too low, they need to account for GCU in their prices. Maybe by adding the GCU to the pricing in the ad. That would be perfectly reasonable, but it isn't what they are doing. They are clearly exploring appetites for cutting back on benefits for existing members.

Existing members need to express distaste for term changing shenanigans. They need to know that it will not be tolerated. Bring it up on forums. Mention it to store managers. Mention it if you have a customer service call. Let people know if they are in the gaming section. They made the deal and made the sale of the membership, now they need to uphold their end of the bargain. Marketing should be told to factor in all these multi-year memberships that marketing thought was a great idea a few years ago in their promotions.

That's the problem. If everyone says nothing, that will be next. Amazon also offers other benefits with Prime, but I could very well see them dropping their benefits to that level.

Of course it is still a pretty decent deal, but if they want to change terms on benefits they need to grandfather existing members. If BF prices are already too low, they need to account for GCU in their prices. Maybe by adding the GCU to the pricing in the ad. That would be perfectly reasonable, but it isn't what they are doing. They are clearly exploring appetites for cutting back on benefits for existing members.

Existing members need to express distaste for term changing shenanigans. They need to know that it will not be tolerated. Bring it up on forums. Mention it to store managers. Mention it if you have a customer service call. Let people know if they are in the gaming section. They made the deal and made the sale of the membership, now they need to uphold their end of the bargain. Marketing should be told to factor in all these multi-year memberships that marketing thought was a great idea a few years ago in their promotions.
Making your voice heard is great and all, but be careful what you wish for. If everyone took the advice to not renew, do you think GCU would stay around? No. So you'd lose 361 more days of the best deal in gaming. If that happened, do you think Amazon would continue their half assed effort to match it? No... Then we are back at paying full MSRP. GCU is still by far the best "rewards" program that a company offers at this point. That's not even debatable, so I'll continue to support it until it is no longer the best.

I think I bought more outside of BF than I did during it so this change hardly affects me. All this means is I'll more than likely buy less or nothing on BF unless it's an incredible deal on a newer game.

I think I bought more outside of BF than I did during it so this change hardly affects me. All this means is I'll more than likely buy less or nothing on BF unless it's an incredible deal on a newer game.
Most games were cheaper other days than BF. I think I bought 2 x 20 dollar games . So this change would have cost me 8 dollars. The HORROR !

Making your voice heard is great and all, but be careful what you wish for. If everyone took the advice to not renew, do you think GCU would stay around? No. So you'd lose 361 more days of the best deal in gaming. If that happened, do you think Amazon would continue their half assed effort to match it? No... Then we are back at paying full MSRP. GCU is still by far the best "rewards" program that a company offers at this point. That's not even debatable, so I'll continue to support it until it is no longer the best.
And Best Buy would lose a huge chunk of business at the same time. They have more to lose from this than we do. They will blink first is the response is strong enough. We need to stop thinking we have no power and corporations will just hurt us more if we don't just take it.

And Best Buy would lose a huge chunk of business at the same time. They have more to lose from this than we do. They will blink first is the response is strong enough. We need to stop thinking we have no power and corporations will just hurt us more if we don't just take it.
Yet again. GCU is still BY FAR the best rewards program in gaming. It's still a good thing.

Outrage is hilarious. They should have just taken the and BF sale prices and increased them by 20%. Then "everyone" would be happy..? Better still, no sales on games on BF? Why is everyone acting like we are entitled to something?

Outrage is hilarious. They should have just taken the and BF sale prices and increased them by 20%. Then "everyone" would be happy..? Better still, no sales on games on BF? Why is everyone acting like we are entitled to something?
Probably because we are paying for that something.

I'm more worried about what else they may try to take away in the future by slightly changing their T&C. "Oh you didn't know we no longer offer the GCU discount on sale prices? It was in that email we sent you months ago...". (obviously not this email, but a potential future email).

EDIT - In fact I can see one day where the GCU exclusion list is a paragraph like some of their coupons have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back