Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So I assume that you guys have been able to get this with your GCU 20% off right?

I'll be going to pick up the wizard edition later... if all works out then I should be paying $64+tax.

@WNYX: because we are in the generation of "look at me now" where everything has to happen instantly. I also don't understand. The game came out for one day, and it seems people are up in arms as soon as the purchase was made. It is pretty clear that the points will show up after an elapsed time. No where does it state it shows up immediately. And when the time is up, then by all means storm the castle.

It must be because if it shows up early for some, then it most definitely has to show up early for all. It is like barabarians at the gate. This is the way of society it seems nowadays. 15 days of patience is simply too much to ask.

we also could be discussing for the sake of information and knowledge
--
It isn't far of stretch for best buy to screw up points

I've also got 1000+ points pending for South Park. I've been GCU since this promo started (never lapsed), but only preordered a few weeks ago. As has been said repeatedly and as will be said repeatedly for weeks to come in this thread: don't worry if your points aren't showing now. You will have to wait 15 days before anything can be done anyway, you might as well be patient.

This, and I'm also going to wait & see what the inevitable CE has in it & how much it's going for.
At least a steelbook + $79.99 or lower price = insta-buy CE for me. Any higher in price and I'll just preorder the standard :ps4: version.

I just pre-ordered Titanfall and paid via paypal. Got an order confirmation page, but nothing shown up in hotmail yet and it isn't showing up in my order history...I've never had one not show up right away.

Has this happened to anyone else or do I need to call best buy?

EDIT- it showed up

Got the South Park game delivered today by I hear rattling a little and the side the case cracked if I don't open it can I just take it to best buy and exchange for a different copy without doing a return rebuy? Cause a return rebuy will cause me to lose the preorder bonus ugh hate there cheap shipping method sometime
Just buy a new copy in-store w/o using your RZ info, take it to your car & come right back in to return the 1st one using the 2nd receipt.

South Park was the last game to have the $20 pre order bonus..... It was nice while it lasted.
Yeah, but with the 20% off combined with $10 it`s a better deal which gets even sweeter on expensive CE`s.

I don't understand why everyone is complaining over missing rewards points. but it seems like most people do get them eventually.
In fairness, BB has a spotty history with coming thru on their promos as advertised the 5 for $100 mess comes to mind. If they follow thru with the instant RZ pts change that would end alot of headaches for them & us.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/No-more-waiting-Instant-RZ-points-posts-w-nno-risk-to-BestBuy/idi-p/547674

Just buy a new copy in-store w/o using your RZ info, take it to your car & come right back in to return the 1st one using the 2nd receipt.

Yeah, but with the 20% off combined with $10 it`s a better deal which gets even sweeter on expensive CE`s.

In fairness, BB has a spotty history with coming thru on their promos as advertised the 5 for $100 mess comes to mind. If they follow thru with the instant RZ pts change that would end alot of headaches for them & us.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/No-more-waiting-Instant-RZ-points-posts-w-nno-risk-to-BestBuy/idi-p/547674
yeah but with 20% and $20 its an even better deal :D

I think my store hosed me up.  They couldn't find my Nov $5 PO even though they set aside a copy for me at store pick up.  So they just ended up selling me a copy of SP and refunding me $5 on a GC (the original payment method).  The base points showed up this morning but since they couldn't pull up the PO (I still have my receipt fortunately) in the system, I suspect I won't see either the $10 or $20 cert (points) after 15 days.  I'll probably end up calling the elite plus line so they don't have an excuse to say "takes up to 15 days" to post comment.

When did you preorder? I did mine in December, and while the purchase points showed up, the preorder bonus ($20/GCU) hasn't yet.
Preordered on Feb. 18th in store (put down $5). Picked the game up right when they opened yesterday and paid in full with gift cards. My purchase just shows the 1000 bonus points.

Really won't be surprised if some of you have to contact customer support or post on the BB forums to get the $20. I had issues with GTA V as it was originally a $20 title as well, but I was only given $10.

For those not seeing points yet please don't start posting on the best buy forums yet. Wait 15 days to make sure it doesn't end up on your account. All you will do is make the forum reps looking into countless "still just pending and hasn't issued" yet cases and slow down them fixing those who have actual issues. 

when did you preorder SP?

i keep hearing conflicting reports in regards to the $10 or $20 cert.

last I read, if you were GCU before the switch to $10, you will get $20, even if you preordered during the $10 frame??
Monday, O:) but I have been a member since feb. 2013

For those not seeing points yet please don't start posting on the best buy forums yet. Wait 15 days to make sure it doesn't end up on your account. All you will do is make the forum reps looking into countless "still just pending and hasn't issued" yet cases and slow down them fixing those who have actual issues.
I'm sorry, but not seeing the points pending after a few days is a real issue in the sense that my experience has been if the bonus doesn't show as pending when everyone else starts to see it (give or take a few days), it's never gonna appear without a call or e-mail. If BB doesn't want people to call and e-mail, they should find a better way of getting their promos to work consistently and automatically.

I think my store hosed me up. They couldn't find my Nov $5 PO even though they set aside a copy for me at store pick up. So they just ended up selling me a copy of SP and refunding me $5 on a GC (the original payment method). The base points showed up this morning but since they couldn't pull up the PO (I still have my receipt fortunately) in the system, I suspect I won't see either the $10 or $20 cert (points) after 15 days. I'll probably end up calling the elite plus line so they don't have an excuse to say "takes up to 15 days" to post comment.
Just call the customer service line. I've never had an issue with them adding points if they didn't show up. They even added the pre order points for COD ghosts, which still turned up a week or so later.

they have had all of this time to add second son (one of the biggest releases this year) and its still on the list while arkham knight got added around 48 hours after the announcment. like really bestbuy ??????

they have had all of this time to add second son (one of the biggest releases this year) and its still on the list while arkham knight got added around 48 hours after the announcment. like really bestbuy ??????
This. If Best Buy had included Second Son, I would have preordered it there to secure the Limited Edition content; instead I'm going to get it from Amazon thanks to the $10 bonus trade-in promo. :whistle2:|

A little concerned about my TF CE preorder at BB...
I've not preordered from them in a while and from what I'm reading, things have not really improved. That gd 20% off is hard to resist, especially on top of a $10 gc.

A little concerned about my TF CE preorder at BB...
I've not preordered from them in a while and from what I'm reading, things have not really improved. That gd 20% off is hard to resist, especially on top of a $10 gc.
the only thing there is to be concern is bb shipping the CE without proper packaging, and slapping a shipping label on it.

I`d wait to see what promos in the ad that week though they may already have locked in a promo deal that makes the $10 stack non-profitable. As for Batman BB has always had them in their pre-order deals & I`d assume it`s been good to both sides so maybe they seeked out BB as much as BB wanted to include them.

I was surprised how quickly they reacted to Arkham Knight (although they probably had more time than we did), but it has been posted that they didn't do Second Son because it is not a multi console release.

I was surprised how quickly they reacted to Arkham Knight (although they probably had more time than we did), but it has been posted that they didn't do Second Son because it is not a multi console release.
Pretty sure god of war ascension was on the $20 preorder bonus list. Obviously Titanfall is on the new list so there is inconsistency there.

Pretty sure god of war ascension was on the $20 preorder bonus list. Obviously Titanfall is on the new list so there is inconsistency there.
I wonder if they work with the developer of these games to come up with these pre order deals. Maybe with the success of the ps4 we won't see many deals for Sony's 1st party games .

I thought maybe Sony getting exclusives on the list but they had Halo 4 and Gears of War Judgement so I retract that comment.

I guess maybe with the change from $20 to $10 Best Buy just didn't want to offer it with exclusives anymore.

I thought maybe Sony getting exclusives on the list but they had Halo 4 and Gears of War Judgement so I retract that comment.

I guess maybe with the change from $20 to $10 Best Buy just didn't want to offer it with exclusives anymore.
from the comments the mods made on their forum, it seems like exclusives just wasn't getting the sales number they had hoped, with their previous $20 offer. as oppose to multiplatform games. that is why nintendo titles being in the current $10 promo was out of the question.

I'm guessing the rewards are based on the profitability of the titles or incentives the publishers are providing.  Several retailers have had higher incentives on Titanfall, so perhaps EA or Microsoft or both have incentivized retailers in some way.

Is it really? I don't see it available for the PS3/4 platforms. That's the traditional definition of multi-platform unless I'm missing something here.
I think they mean more then one system cause titanfall is on Xbox one, xbox 360, and pc three different system even though same brand

Is it really? I don't see it available for the PS3/4 platforms. That's the traditional definition of multi-platform unless I'm missing something here.
I didn't write "multi-platform", I wrote "multi-console". 360 and Xbox One (and PC, but no $10 bonus for PC, I think).

i just noticed, watch dogs preorder bonus dlc from bestbuy seems to be the worst one out of all the retailers.  it is the vehicle expert perk, and Exclusive single-player mission. atleast offer some kind of outfit like amazon, target, or walmart.

Woo. After a few days of showing 0 points pending on my South Park purchase (I paid with a gift card) it now says 1000 ($20) pending. GCU member more or less unbroken since the day it started, though back in September I accidentally let my subscription run out for like 3 days. Right before GTA V came out and actually just before they disabled the ability to renew for a while. Have hope people, and be patient. Looks like Best Buy is doing their best to honor the original deal.

Hard to beat though, $48, plus $20 in certificates for a game that is turning out to be a bit of a blast.

Related, am I the only one having a hell of a time beating Al Gore? 

It's hard for us to guess how your excitement level has changed since October/November. Please just tell us rather than asking us to read your mind. :)
They were a few weeks away from releasing the game and then figured out it wasn't ready for release. Then took 6 months to finish / polish the game. I hope it is close to what was shown at E3 and not some else altogether. Hopefully the made the game better in 6 months and not something else. Some speculation they saw a lot of cool stuff in GTA5. I don't want some crappy GTA 5 clone.

My South Park RZ's just went pending … $20  :D/ Definitely shouldn't have been since I only became GCU in February but I'm not complaining at all.

Now i just need to figure out why they pushed the release date of TES:O Imperial Edition back to 12/31...

Woo. After a few days of showing 0 points pending on my South Park purchase (I paid with a gift card) it now says 1000 ($20) pending. GCU member more or less unbroken since the day it started, though back in September I accidentally let my subscription run out for like 3 days. Right before GTA V came out and actually just before they disabled the ability to renew for a while. Have hope people, and be patient. Looks like Best Buy is doing their best to honor the original deal.

Hard to beat though, $48, plus $20 in certificates for a game that is turning out to be a bit of a blast.
Related, am I the only one having a hell of a time beating Al Gore?
Took me awhile to beat Gore. Who are you having help you? I ended up beating him with Butters as my side kick (his Prof. Chaos ability helped a lot)

This game has been nothing short of fun. Very well done game that keeps you entertained. If you watch SP and didn't pick this game up, you're missing out big time!

BB TIV is $40 ($44 with GCU). After taxes that's around a $5-7 rental, if you DIDN'T preorder. If you preordered, that's a nice profit to play a fun game.

Took me awhile to beat Gore. Who are you having help you? I ended up beating him with Butters as my side kick (his Prof. Chaos ability helped a lot)

This game has been nothing short of fun. Very well done game that keeps you entertained. If you watch SP and didn't pick this game up, you're missing out big time!

BB TIV is $40 ($44 with GCU). After taxes that's around a $5-7 rental, if you DIDN'T preorder. If you preordered, that's a nice profit to play a fun game.

No you are not. That fucker was tough as hell. I couldn't beat him til I reached level 12 and had better party members. Jimmy rocked the CIA agents to sleep while I did most of the heavy damage.
I have tried both these methods with no real luck. Maybe I'm not understanding something in the game but most fights I deal like 400 damage per swing of my weapon, for Gore and the agents I get 1 damage. Going to take another crack at him tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back