Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if I just need my reward zone card or do I need my receipt too? I can't find where I put the receipt for my preorder
If you used you rz info during the pre-order then research your purchase history & print a duplicate receipt. Or have CS use the receipt pin to print a duplicate receipt for you.

Pretty sure that coupon expired!
nope, they`re re-issuing due to their error.

It will most likely be a few weeks before TitanFall shows in their BBY's system. Some games are still not there months later. Complaining in the unboxed forums sometimes gets things accelerated.
Titanfall is too big of a release to take weeks to show up. There`s a current BB thread regarding the trade in estimator here
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Please-fix-the-videogame-trade-in-estimator/idi-p/777975

Titanfall was already added to their trade-in system.

I can't decide if I want the Titanfall CE or not. Thankfully I have 7 days to decide if I want to go pick it up.

You sure you aren't supposed to share it? Before I had mine, I specifically asked if I could use my friends and they said yes. No questions asked.
No you ARE NOT "supposed" to share even within your household BB wants people to pay $120. Which is in a word "crazy" why shouldn`t a parent expect to be able to cover the gaming purchase for say 2 kids for $120.
Anyway, you can share GCU but just keep in mind the limits of both 20% off & trade in limits. You also will only get 1 $10 pre-order credit per account.

Anyone else who is having pre-orders not ship expedited that selected it should comment here: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Issues-with-gaming-pre-order-shipping-improvements-needs-to-be/m-p/789704#M24418or

I've also started a new idea/suggestion thread about being disappointed that Best Buy isn't doing what pretty much all retailers do and offering release day shipping. Suggesting that it should at the very least be a perk of being GCU. If you want to help see this be a reality you should comment/give kudos on this: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-release-day-shipping-for-pre-ordered-games/idi-p/789710
Voted up there`s also 2 threads regarding BB adding a copycat of amazon prime which could be added to GCU for free or a huge discount.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Elite-Elite-Plus-Elite-Standard-Prime/idi-p/783923
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/3544?device-view=desktop

[quote name="Enuf" post="11601069" timestamp="1394563778"]No you ARE NOT "supposed" to share even within your household BB wants people to pay $120. Which is in a word "crazy" why shouldn`t a parent expect to be able to cover the gaming purchase for say 2 kids for $120.
Anyway, you can share GCU but just keep in mind the limits of both 20% off & trade in limits. You also will only get 1 $10 pre-order credit per account.

Voted up there`s also 2 threads regarding BB adding a copycat of amazon prime which could be added to GCU for free or a huge discount.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Elite-Elite-Plus-Elite-Standard-Prime/idi-p/783923
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/3544?device-view=desktop[/quote]

I share with people. I just do the in-store pickup online and have them listed as someone who can pick it up. Then they pay me back.

Seems like they wouldnt do that as it would discourage people from spending $1,500-$3,500 for Elite and Elite Plus.
Amazon has over 20 million people paying for & the price looks to be increasing soon, I don`t think BB has reached 20 million RZ members total. Which means by % there`s a ton of people who are neither elite or elite plus that could spend $95 at BB & this a la carte fomula would artificially increase sales by getting more people to buy since they`re not paying for shipping. It may actually get more people to spend to the new threshold for elite/elite plus allowing them to offer another benefit to each tier.

Amazon has over 20 million people paying for & the price looks to be increasing soon, I don`t think BB has reached 20 million RZ members total. Which means by % there`s a ton of people who are neither elite or elite plus that could spend $95 at BB & this a la carte fomula would artificially increase sales by getting more people to buy since they`re not paying for shipping. It may actually get more people to spend to the new threshold for elite/elite plus allowing them to offer another benefit to each tier.
If they do that they would have to make elite and elite plus more attractive. Amazon Doesn't have a spending threshold that gives you extra benefits.

Do pre-orders stop on the Monday before release?
Yep
They're not going to add a service like that to GCU because it will alienate the rest of their customers.
They could offer it on all games as a perk $120 is alot of money for GCU and/or just discount the reg. price of either GCU or the prime copycat.

If they do that they would have to make elite and elite plus more attractive. Amazon Doesn't have a spending threshold that gives you extra benefits.
Fully agree, they increased the spending thresholds w/o adding any value that warrants the upgrade which is a current trending gripe thru out the forums. They`ve stated allowing benefits for $1500 was partly the cause. At $3500 there should be no shopping advantage they don`t have. If they were smart they should`ve included a Costo/BJ membership cost into the $3500 threshold behind the scenes & then used that formula to load up benefits into the new tiers.

Yep
They could offer it on all games as a perk $120 is alot of money for GCU and/or just discount the reg. price of either GCU or the prime copycat.

Fully agree, they increased the spending thresholds w/o adding any value that warrants the upgrade which is a current trending gripe thru out the forums. They`ve stated allowing benefits for $1500 was partly the cause. At $3500 there should be no shopping advantage they don`t have. If they were smart they should`ve included a Costo/BJ membership cost into the $3500 threshold behind the scenes & then used that formula to load up benefits into the new tiers.
Hey can you reference me the link on the best buy forum where to post a new idea at?

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/idb-p/IdeaX
Once you login, goto the main page for ideax, there tabs for "Hot ideas,Top ideas & New ideas". Under that there`s a blue icon for "new idea".
alright thanks i just finished posting this is what i posted by the way http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Protection-of-video-games-preorder-games-at-in-store-Pickups-by/idi-p/790036 hopefully a lot of people agree especially how i know a lot of people had problems with their bravely default collector sets pickups a month ago

Is anyone else's preorder for Titanfall showing March 23rd? I thought it was supposed to be released today?

Nevermind

I preordered both Infamous SS and MGSV this week thinking they would also be included in the promotion. Then I came to this thread and saw that they were not. I'm a sad panda.
sad-panda.jpg

I preordered and picked up Titanfall today. I know it says it could take up to 15 days for the bonus $10 to be added to your account, but I was curious how long has it been in people's experience.

I have $10 already, would like the Titanfall $10 to post by the 21st so I could get inFamous Second Son for $40.

Aww. Way to long to go now until another game with a $10 bonus. :whistle2:(
Edit:
With no bonus on Infamous I'm going to sit back and wait for a sale and I might pick up MGS to hole me over and I just got Titanfall! :)

For the ones that got Titanfall are you able to log in on Xbox Live? My Titanfall bundle keeps getting Network error and I thinks it's widespread.

For the ones that got Titanfall are you able to log in on Xbox Live? My Titanfall bundle keeps getting Network error and I thinks it's widespread.
Definitely widespread Xbox Live has been going on and off for most of the day, and Titanfall's servers weren't working earlier in the day.

Party system also seems to be having issues because I've had disconnects in the game partying with friends.

I preordered and picked up Titanfall today. I know it says it could take up to 15 days for the bonus $10 to be added to your account, but I was curious how long has it been in people's experience.

I have $10 already, would like the Titanfall $10 to post by the 21st so I could get inFamous Second Son for $40.
I still haven't gotten mine from South Park

I also just picked up my Titanfall preorder yesterday. The points for the purchase itself are already in but not the 500 extra points.

Anyone else who ordered through garbage ass best buy to have titanfall delivered STILL NOT get their game today?

Is Titanfall $10 cert shown as pending for anyone? Usually it would say, "1000 points pending Preorder Promo..." It just shows 0 pending points because I used a gift card.

Is Titanfall $10 cert shown as pending for anyone? Usually it would say, "1000 points pending Preorder Promo..." It just shows 0 pending points because I used a gift card.
You mean 500 points? I still have nothing. I've got my 100 points for the purchase though.

All screens other than my main menu screen had never-ending loading swirls going on last night and today. I saw a suggestion to press the power "button" on the system until it powers off, then power it back on using that "button". Doing that got my system back up and looking normal.

Anyone else who ordered through garbage ass best buy to have titanfall delivered STILL NOT get their game today?
Yep. I was supposed to get it today but there was a shipping delay so I don't even know when it will arrive. I went to Target and bought it when the store opened yesterday so I could play on my day off. I'll return my Best Buy copy of Titanfall to Target whenever it shows up...

Between Best Buy not using the expedited shipping I chose and a UPS delay, it has been quite the mess.

Can someone confirm approximately how long does it actually take for the $10 (500 RZ points) to show up in the pending points and purchases section? 

Since I paid with RZ and GCs, I can see that the Titanfall transaction has come through, but don't see the Bonus points yet. Was little concerned if pre-ordering the game with RZ does not qualify for this offer.

Can someone confirm approximately how long does it actually take for the $10 (500 RZ points) to show up in the pending points and purchases section?

Since I paid with RZ and GCs, I can see that the Titanfall transaction has come through, but don't see the Bonus points yet. Was little concerned if pre-ordering the game with RZ does not qualify for this offer.
It does qualify and for the bonus points to show up it can take up to 15 days from the day it was shipped or 15 days from the day you picked it up in store depending how you preordered it

Ugh, a UPS delay means I wont' be getting Titanfall until tomorrow now. Last time I pre-order from Best Buy online.
Where are people getting this delay info? I called best buy and they have no idea and ups pretty much told me to fuck off cause they handed it off to usps on Monday.

If you're waiting on the game, you should just go to your nearest store that carries it and buy it from there.  When your Best Buy game comes in, just return your late copy back to the store you just bought it from.  That way you get to play the game for the time being and still get to keep the BB deal.

I almost always preorder for in-store pickup. 

If your order was supposed to ship via expedited shipping but somehow got downgraded to standard without your knowledge, I would think you have a legitimate complaint to Best Buy CS that your shipping speed was not as expected.

You mean 500 points? I still have nothing. I've got my 100 points for the purchase though.
Yep, that's exactly what I meant. Was confusing the point system with something else. It says 0 points from this purchase and usually I remember seeing the 500 from the RZ bonus as pending. I also think it's stupid that you don't get points if you use gift cards.

If you're waiting on the game, you should just go to your nearest store that carries it and buy it from there. When your Best Buy game comes in, just return your late copy back to the store you just bought it from. That way you get to play the game for the time being and still get to keep the BB deal.

I almost always preorder for in-store pickup.

If your order was supposed to ship via expedited shipping but somehow got downgraded to standard without your knowledge, I would think you have a legitimate complaint to Best Buy CS that your shipping speed was not as expected.
I'm pretty broke right now as I just got Dark Souls II CE yesterday. (More bullshit on that.) Otherwise I would've picked it up yesterday and returned the other copy when I got it.

If you read my prior posts, it states I was forced to order online and stuck with it.

I never order stuff online unless its a last resort or only option.
Yep, that's exactly what I meant. Was confusing the point system with something else. It says 0 points from this purchase and usually I remember seeing the 500 from the RZ bonus as pending. I also think it's stupid that you don't get points if you use gift cards.
It is pretty dumb you don't get credit for using gift cards. Especially if you don't have a CC. You should just be able to pick up a gift card using cash at a local Best Buy, then ordering it online. The whole assumption of people having credit cards and debit cards is still bullshit at this time.

You don't get points for using a gift card because it would credit a loop hole to get double points. Buy a gift card for $500 and get 500 points and then use that gift card to buy an Xbox One and get another 500 points. You would end up getting 1000 points for something that should have only given you 500.

Or you could just endlessly create points. Buy a gift card for $500, then use that gift card to by another gift card for $500 and so on and so on.

Im confused what you mean though. You can buy gift cards with cash at the store then use the gift card on line.

I'm pretty broke right now as I just got Dark Souls II CE yesterday. (More bullshit on that.) Otherwise I would've picked it up yesterday and returned the other copy when I got it.

If you read my prior posts, it states I was forced to order online and stuck with it.

I never order stuff online unless its a last resort or only option.
It is pretty dumb you don't get credit for using gift cards. Especially if you don't have a CC. You should just be able to pick up a gift card using cash at a local Best Buy, then ordering it online. The whole assumption of people having credit cards and debit cards is still bullshit at this time.
I did read your post. I was just saying it is my preferred method of purchase. Also, I addressed the issue about why you don't get points for using a gift card.

I did read your post. I was just saying it is my preferred method of purchase. Also, I addressed the issue about why you don't get points for using a gift card.
I get you can double dip on purchase points, but they can track what you used to pay for the gc. So its still pretty dumb.

Again, I was forced to purchase online. No change in that.

Only thing I can see about the gift cards is if I got it from someone else then I wouldn't be double dipping since they got their points and now I get 0 on my purchase in the future but doubt they would have a way to figure out if you bought the gift card or someone else.

I bought a $300 gift card with a $300 gift card and created points. It works still. Still no points for titanfall but that's alright, the south park game took a week for the points to show up.

Ugh, a UPS delay means I wont' be getting Titanfall until tomorrow now. Last time I pre-order from Best Buy online.
Same in Cleveland burbs. By the time I get the game everyone else will know all the maps and Ill be the noob running into walls.
Exception:
03/12/2014 7:13 P.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.

Also gave Bestbuy grief for not sending my game UPS 2 day at the BB forum in that thread the dude in here made with the following:

I called UPS and they said ground was used so you guys aren't coming through on your elite plus benefits, no matter how you spin it. Now a weather delay means I wont get the game until Thursday.

I will pay a few bucks more to get the game on time through another company next preorder. It' would be nice if bestbuy admitted the mistake and tried to make up for it.

I guess next year Ill be spending $3500+ with a company that conducts business more professionally.

I also had a delivery exception on my copy of Titanfall. The reason was a UPS trailer arrived late. Last week, this happened to my copy of South Park.

I ordered another copy of Titanfall today and it correctly gave me free UPS 2nd day air for being Elite Plus.

Did any GCU members that preordered Titanfall for Xbone get their $10 certificate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back