Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably too late, but I started an ideax on the unboxed forums to get a preorder incentive for Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition which comes out August 19th!

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-a-Best-Buy-preorder-incentive-for-Diablo-III-Ultimate-Evil/idi-p/820478

Remember to vote and comment so maybe we can get something!
Voted for it also don`t just limit your request to just the $10 pre-order credits b/c they may find another way to add credit like MK8.

Is anyone else having trouble paying with gift cards? The gift cards apply and the total goes to $0.00, but when I click the button to confirm purchase, the page just refreshes. This happened with my Watch Dogs pre-order last month, and I had to pay part of it with PayPal.
Try clearing your cache and/or browser history

best buy added back GTA5 on the $10 bonus preorder list, I assume this is for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.     Those game listings don't have the $10 listed, but I'm sure its on the way.    

I got GTA5 x360 with $20 bonus preorder back from the older promo.   Cool they added it back to the list!  

Anyone ever have issues receiving certs with a very last minute pre-order? 

tl;dr

I'm in a weird situation that can be argued either way.  I never got my reward cert, but I pre-ordered Woflenstein on 5/19 at 11:32PM PDT.  All pre-order promos were still visible on the site so I went ahead with the order.  The system sees my order being made on 5/20 and because of that reason alone the bby forum employee said I am not eligible as it was not a pre-order.  I called customer service and the 40+ min call resulted in nothing as he was clueless.  I did receive the $5 e-card for the replacement pre-order figurine even though they are telling me I actually did not pre-order.  

Anyone ever have issues receiving certs with a very last minute pre-order?

tl;dr
I'm in a weird situation that can be argued either way. I never got my reward cert, but I pre-ordered Woflenstein on 5/19 at 11:32PM PDT. All pre-order promos were still visible on the site so I went ahead with the order. The system sees my order being made on 5/20 and because of that reason alone the bby forum employee said I am not eligible as it was not a pre-order. I called customer service and the 40+ min call resulted in nothing as he was clueless. I did receive the $5 e-card for the replacement pre-order figurine even though they are telling me I actually did not pre-order.
Lesson learned don't wait till the last minute.

Any word on if Best Buy will stock the $69.99 Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition and if the $10 reward certificate offer will apply? The extras dont seem worth an extra $10 to the base price but I figure the GCU discount and $10 bonus certificate would kind of even it out.

Two questions:

1.  Can I preorder games that don't come out until after my reward certs expire as long as I preorder before they expire?

2.  If I preorder a game that has no 10 dollars extra reward cert and then they later add it, do I get the reward still?

Thanks in advance!

Two questions:

1. Can I preorder games that don't come out until after my reward certs expire as long as I preorder before they expire?

2. If I preorder a game that has no 10 dollars extra reward cert and then they later add it, do I get the reward still?

Thanks in advance!
Yes to both. The reward certs are charged immediately and not at the time of shipment. I could see a problem with the 2nd question and you needing to contact customer service since some people have issues with certs getting issued, but i'm sure they would honor it. Personally, I wouldn't pre-order anything until closer to release to see if the reward gets added unless you are doing it because of question #1.

Yes to both. The reward certs are charged immediately and not at the time of shipment. I could see a problem with the 2nd question and you needing to contact customer service since some people have issues with certs getting issued, but i'm sure they would honor it. Personally, I wouldn't pre-order anything until closer to release to see if the reward gets added unless you are doing it because of question #1.
Great! Thanks so much!

Ok to chime in on preordering:

- The recurring charges from .com orders are just Best Buy's archaic system to reserve online orders.  Their system was probably designed to assume all orders that were successfully placed would be fulfilled within the next 24 - 48 hours and when preorders became a new process to them, they had to do a workaround with their payment system to remove any pending charges.

- Being 2014 and most everybody here having a credit card, I don't see what the problem would be just because it eats into your credit card limit.  Unless you have a $300 limit, what difference would it make so long as you don't hit that threshold?

- Do not wait last minute.  When it comes to online orders, I'd recommend preordering a title at least more than 1 week in advance.  I've preordered every title that's been eligible for the RZ Gamers Club Offer from Best Buy for the last few years for in store pickup through their website and from time to time, their system will actually deactive that option when one week is remaining.  Also, their system has a preorder limit at each store.  If a particular store hits a certain number of online preorders, it will also deactivate the store pickup option.  I've noticed that at my store for certain titles when they were just even 2 weeks away from release. 

- For my money, preordering online at Best Buy is the most convenient option for me.  We can debate Amazon and what not but with GCU discounts, the debate becomes pretty lopsided imo.  Gamestop has trade promos but I still can't believe that they don't have an online option for in-store purchases like preorders.  And no, web in-store orders and online hold reservations are not the same.  I find it more inconvenient to have to come in and put a deposit down to only come back to pick it up.  Preordering online at Best Buy takes less than 3 minutes and most of the time, whenever I come to the online pickup desk, it usually takes me less than 5 minutes since there's barely a wait time there while everybody else is either at customer service or shopping in-store.  I know Best Buy has issues with their promos once in awhile and for some people, Gamestop is a more convenient option due to location but I can count on both hands the number of times I've chosen another retailer over Best Buy for preorders.  The BBY forums has been a reliable back up option in addressing issues. 

Ok to chime in on preordering:

- The recurring charges from .com orders are just Best Buy's archaic system to reserve online orders. Their system was probably designed to assume all orders that were successfully placed would be fulfilled within the next 24 - 48 hours and when preorders became a new process to them, they had to do a workaround with their payment system to remove any pending charges.

- Being 2014 and most everybody here having a credit card, I don't see what the problem would be just because it eats into your credit card limit. Unless you have a $300 limit, what difference would it make so long as you don't hit that threshold?

- Do not wait last minute. When it comes to online orders, I'd recommend preordering a title at least more than 1 week in advance. I've preordered every title that's been eligible for the RZ Gamers Club Offer from Best Buy for the last few years for in store pickup through their website and from time to time, their system will actually deactive that option when one week is remaining. Also, their system has a preorder limit at each store. If a particular store hits a certain number of online preorders, it will also deactivate the store pickup option. I've noticed that at my store for certain titles when they were just even 2 weeks away from release.

- For my money, preordering online at Best Buy is the most convenient option for me. We can debate Amazon and what not but with GCU discounts, the debate becomes pretty lopsided imo. Gamestop has trade promos but I still can't believe that they don't have an online option for in-store purchases like preorders. And no, web in-store orders and online hold reservations are not the same. I find it more inconvenient to have to come in and put a deposit down to only come back to pick it up. Preordering online at Best Buy takes less than 3 minutes and most of the time, whenever I come to the online pickup desk, it usually takes me less than 5 minutes since there's barely a wait time there while everybody else is either at customer service or shopping in-store. I know Best Buy has issues with their promos once in awhile and for some people, Gamestop is a more convenient option due to location but I can count on both hands the number of times I've chosen another retailer over Best Buy for preorders. The BBY forums has been a reliable back up option in addressing issues.
As someone who has great credit, the recurring charges keep causing a problem for me because they get flagged as potential fraud by my credit card companies. Frankly, there is no legitimate retailer out there that does recurring authorizations every 6-7 days and to the fraud detection filters, they appear to be fraud. i have had to call my credit card companies several times in the past month and Best Buy customer service several times because the authorization fails once the credit card company flags potential fraud. I just think it's ridiculous that I have had to waste my time dealing with these issues simply because Best Buy's system is archaic and badly designed.

The other newer problem with preordering at Best Buy is that you can't cancel a preorder unless you call the 1-800 number. Apparently this just applies to video games. That's just totally ridiculous and there is no excuse for a retailer not to allow automated cancellations.

As someone who has great credit, the recurring charges keep causing a problem for me because they get flagged as potential fraud by my credit card companies. Frankly, there is no legitimate retailer out there that does recurring authorizations every 6-7 days and to the fraud detection filters, they appear to be fraud. i have had to call my credit card companies several times in the past month and Best Buy customer service several times because the authorization fails once the credit card company flags potential fraud. I just think it's ridiculous that I have had to waste my time dealing with these issues simply because Best Buy's system is archaic and badly designed.

The other newer problem with preordering at Best Buy is that you can't cancel a preorder unless you call the 1-800 number. Apparently this just applies to video games. That's just totally ridiculous and there is no excuse for a retailer not to allow automated cancellations.

Fair point, bojay. While I agree that their system should have a better payment authorization process, I'm skeptical that anything will ever change since I see this issue as an issue for gamers for the most part which unfortunately is not high on their priority list. It must be your credit institution because I use my Discover credit card and sometimes my Capital One VISA card and I've had several preorders at the same time all without having to ever deal with the fraud department. For what it's worth, my credit rating is very high as well.

It is worth noting however, that the mods at the BBY forums are aware of this situation and have communicated the issue to another corporate contact. Here's the link (acknowledgement by "Mike-BBY" is at the end of the thread):

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/pre-ordering/td-p/818932/page/2?device-view=desktop

As for the cancellation issue, that's news to me. At worst, you can just let it sit idly at your local store and it will automatically cancel 8 days after release date. We should bring this to their attention at the BBY forums in case they can affect any change.

Although I agree it's not good, I've never had a problem with my credit card company questioning holds by Best Buy or other retailers. Best Buy is not the only one who does it, I believe, but I won't defend the practice, anyway. Also, there are other retailers that won't allow pre-orders to be canceled online, either. Again, both practices are dumb, but Best Buy is not alone. I have a feeling they don't mind the hassle of pre-order cancellations since it probably helps them retain sales in the long run rather than hurt them. I know I have pre-ordered and canceled several games at Amazon simply because they make it too easy.

Although I agree it's not good, I've never had a problem with my credit card company questioning holds by Best Buy or other retailers. Best Buy is not the only one who does it, I believe, but I won't defend the practice, anyway. Also, there are other retailers that won't allow pre-orders to be canceled online, either. Again, both practices are dumb, but Best Buy is not alone. I have a feeling they don't mind the hassle of pre-order cancellations since it probably helps them retain sales in the long run rather than hurt them. I know I have pre-ordered and canceled several games at Amazon simply because they make it too easy.
The issue is not the temporary hold as many retailers do that. It's the fact that unlike any other retailer I have ever dealt with, Best Buy keeps doing recurring holds every 6-7 days. Sometimes the holds even overlap which is why my credit card company flagged them as fraudulent. With regard to the cancellation, Amazon, Gamestop, Target and every other major retailer I have used with the exception of maybe Digital River related storefronts allow on-line cancellations. I agree that BB is probably doing it on purpose to discourage cancellations, but as a consumer I personally think that's a crappy practice.

Nowadays it really feels like games have much, much better deals post launch, especially with all the whacky deals retailers are pushing, plus I kinda feel like the $10 cert BB offers is just a pain in the ass to manage, having to track it and make sure you get it, make sure you use it before it expires, etc.  BB is still great with GCU for getting top value on new games for trade in, for buying new games post launch, and for pre-ordering CE's.

but yeah I doubt I'll be pre-ordering much thru BB just due to all the hassles, I'll pass on the occasional $10 cert and usually easily make it up with post release sales.  The gaming scene is so intensively competitive now, discounts appear faster and more furious than ever.  TLOU is gonna be a great example, remaster is $50 retail, $40 pre-order with GCU, and I bet you within 2 weeks after release it'll be $40 at multiple store sales and $30 on esoteric short "cag" sales.  Trade in value will probably be $35 for the first month.  Destiny is going to be another great game to track and see how well BB does.

When BBY does modernize their IT systems and allows online cancellations, doesn't hold pre-auths forever (I don't even understand why they do this, just charge at ship and hold if it fails), and tracks all their cashback/certs/etc in a single online view then I'll revisit it.

I agree that BB is probably doing it on purpose to discourage cancellations, but as a consumer I personally think that's a crappy practice.
They discouraged me from even buying my PS4 from them. And yes I have plenty of room on my cards for their 6-7 days authorization game. Just was easier to deal with Amazon (plus they had their pre order page up during E3). I knew at any time up till it shipped I could change my mind and they would only charge my card when they actually shipped my PS4.

Any word on if Best Buy will stock the $69.99 Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition and if the $10 reward certificate offer will apply? The extras dont seem worth an extra $10 to the base price but I figure the GCU discount and $10 bonus certificate would kind of even it out.
The $10 credits always apply to CE/LE this is why GS can only compete by being dependable vs B. $150 CE at BB w/GCU is $35 base value $30 + tax off + 240/250 mybb pts & then $10 pre-order credit. With elite plus that`s pretty much $50 each time.

They discouraged me from even buying my PS4 from them. And yes I have plenty of room on my cards for their 6-7 days authorization game. Just was easier to deal with Amazon (plus they had their pre order page up during E3). I knew at any time up till it shipped I could change my mind and they would only charge my card when they actually shipped my PS4.
If you have the money do the double dip
1- Buy three $200 BB visa`s for $617.85
2- Load the $600 fee free thru walmart`s bluebird amex
3- Use the Amex to fully pay off the PS4 pre-order

You just knocked off $817 needed for elite plus, earned at least 1200 mybb pts $20 w/200 leftover & could even wait using the credit on the PS4 to knock $20 + tax off the price & no longer need to worry about the hold issue.

The $10 credits always apply to CE/LE this is why GS can only compete by being dependable vs B. $150 CE at BB w/GCU is $35 base value $30 + tax off + 240/250 mybb pts & then $10 pre-order credit. With elite plus that`s pretty much $50 each time.

If you have the money do the double dip
1- Buy three $200 BB visa`s for $617.85
2- Load the $600 fee free thru walmart`s bluebird amex
3- Use the Amex to fully pay off the PS4 pre-order

You just knocked off $817 needed for elite plus, earned at least 1200 mybb pts $20 w/200 leftover & could even wait using the credit on the PS4 to knock $20 + tax off the price & no longer need to worry about the hold issue.
That's pretty terrible advice. PS4 pre-orders were opened several months before release. Using cash up front and then paying a service charge for the privilege of having that cash put on a credit card and then using that credit card to fully pay off a preorder when Amazon and others were allowing preorders with no money down that could be instantly cancelled is just poor financial management. Even after all that hassle, you were only up $2.15 and only half way there to Elite Plus which is fairly worthless given that they have now downgraded shipping speed and reduced the bonus percentage. I still buy from Best Buy as I'm GCU, but the quirks and failures in my own experiences lately are starting to add up and I will probably stop preordering from them completely in the near future.

I also ran into another issue recently in that many of their preorder games don't have a release date listed (despite the fact that the release date has been announced for several weeks or months now) including such prominent titles as Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. If you try to preorder these with a credit card with an expiration date in November or December of 2014, it won't take the order because the system claims the card will expire before the release date. It's incredibly frustrating as new credit cards typically are mailed out only 1-2 months before they expire.

is the not able to cancel preorders online new? i know i have cancelled preorders before, bravely default, infamous SS a couple times when i kept changing my payment between rz certificates and gift cards. now with master chief collection i had to email to get it cancelled, and let them know i did so because they removed the $10 gc offer.

is the not able to cancel preorders online new? i know i have cancelled preorders before, bravely default, infamous SS a couple times when i kept changing my payment between rz certificates and gift cards. now with master chief collection i had to email to get it cancelled, and let them know i did so because they removed the $10 gc offer.
Yes, it has gone into effect in the last month or so. Literally none of the dozen or so games that aren't even out for months that I have preordered can be cancelled through the website.

Bad financial advice if you say so. He will ALWAYS PROFIT & it`s an endless cycle with zero risk.
I currently pay $16.15 per yr to earn the $3500 elite plus perks that`s less than 0.005% how much more financially efficient can I get. In his case technically he could`ve done this stockpiling enough mybb certs to fully cover the cost of a PS4 completely reducing tax to 0. Even for me that`s alot of work in a short time period.

Unfortunately, we don`t have a time machine but I did show people how to get a completely free PS4 or pre-price cut XB1 at the beginning of the yr. I basically took 1 months pay in cash($5,000) & converted $5,000 in credit & in return BB gave me ~27,000 mybb pts or $540. They got $23.75 in fees which is a complete wash since 6% sales tax on a PS4 is $24.

Now the best way to do it was
1- Use your credit card to buy 25 visa`s
2- Use cash to completely pay off your CC bill
3- Load the $5K on Amex & pay your bills using it

2 weeks later ~$540 in certs towards a PS4 minus a $2 soda w/$140 remaining.
So 90 minutes of "work" got me 100% ROI with no risk AND
1- Free PS4
2- Free 2-4 yr GCU sub
3- Free 1 yr Elite Plus
4- Enough leftover credit to float using GCU to cover a few games
5- An artificial credit boost

Elite plus 25% & free shipping will save/earn on every purchase further reducing the $23 in fees to 0. And the 45 day return/exchange period allows for post purchase pm`ing which could save $20+ tax on just 1 game.

I am also pretty sure Walmart didn't do pre orders till weeks after Amazon. And honestly I trust Amazon to get it to me on day one more then Walmart.

For XBox One and PS4 Amazon got it right. Charge only when it actually ships. No pre autorization charges once a week for months.

And I do get what Enuf is saying about using Amex GCs. I can see me grabbing one (or more likely Amazon GCs) in November if I am going to come up short for Elite's $1500 requirement for the year.

And I am solidly behind buying most if not all new release games at Best Buy. With GCU and some games getting $10 back it would be silly for me not to do so.

That's pretty terrible advice. PS4 pre-orders were opened several months before release. Using cash up front and then paying a service charge for the privilege of having that cash put on a credit card and then using that credit card to fully pay off a preorder when Amazon and others were allowing preorders with no money down that could be instantly cancelled is just poor financial management.

Anyone think Borderlands the Pre-Sequel will be added to this deal?
It seems doubtful at this point since we're getting fairly close. I don't know how they determine which games get the rewards, but that one seems like it should fit their criteria (multiplatform, etc.). I'm sure there are some back end publisher deals we are not seeing, though.

I feel what you guys are saying about the nuked Elite Plus benefits especially since they now require $1,000 more. I suggested they add a service like Amazon Prime which would solve long delivery delays & program partners that net better consistant deals. The additional revenue would allow for things like @gamer to exist along with 20% off vs one or the other. Those partnerships could also increase the $20 pre-orders or get a reduced GCU sub rate built in too.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-a-service-to-compete-with-Amazon-Prime-and-or-Shoprunner/idi-p/763705

Since most people could get Elite Plus w/o needing to truly spend $3500 @ BB having it be included for free as an Elite Plus Perk or 50% off with Elite would be a way to get it in place. CAG wouldn`t be paying $80/yr since we`d find workarounds but let the masses float the bill & everyone enjoy the benefits.

As for the visa`s or Amex, I see people everyday say "they need to move credit from ____ to ______ to avoid having to spend actual cash". The cards are basically credit everywhere but also a huge reason to pm @ BB vs buying elsewhere. You can get 25% extra on the front end & 25% extra on the back plus 2x pts on games. With what mybb certs do to tax the benefits add up quite quickly & you can covert credit that earns 0 pts into credit that earns like cash. Just trying open as many options as possible that way you can decide the best route for your time/money.

A Target Redcard BB copycat card w/5% off, free shipping & extended returns would also help alot of CAG. $45 games day 1 or $30 3DS/vita games hell yeah.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/BestBuy-version-of-the-Target-Redcard-w-5-discount-amp-free/idi-p/812346

Im pretty sure the counter to that is you get extra points when using a Best Buy Credit card. You get 6% extra points so really its the same thing.

Im pretty sure the counter to that is you get extra points when using a Best Buy Credit card. You get 6% extra points so really its the same thing.
Being a long time CAG what do you think the masses would prefer more

1- 25% off instant day 1 savings

Or

2- Waiting 15 days for mybb certs

This very thread will be flooded with people worried about not seeing their transaction by the time they get home from buying the game & if the $10 isn`t showing in 5 days or less they`re posting on the forums or calling CS even though we all know 15 days. Just saying.

Just saying if you get the 5% off expect to lose the bonus points. You wont get both
Oh no doubt it`ll be two separate cards anyways. The instant savings works out better for BB & GCU, $45+ tax with or w/o $10 credit & $38-$44 means gaming day 1 for $1 is the new norm. Really the free shipping & extended return period will carry equal weight for some as an easy option vs a BB Amz prime clone or elite plus. They could also switch it up completely offering 6% back on non BB purchases vs 5% off @ BB.

I`d prefer to have the options though the more pieces on the chess board the stronger I am.

I'd rather have certs, gonna buy the game anyways.
$45 or $45 w/$10 credit on BB "Blue debit/credit" vs $48 or $48 w/$10 credit isn`t that much different on the surface. But tax is something that alot of people on here complain about. Tax in my area can be 6%, 7% or 8% & then would drop to 1%, 2% or 3%. People with high tax rates should benefit greatly. Plus the ripple effect of $60 GCU is fully recouped at $220 spent vs $275(+$55) and the pre-tax amounts "look" so much better.

Buy 2 get 1 free on $60 games becomes $90 + 180 base mybb pts per set.
$50 games for $37.50(B2G1 $25 ea)
$40 games for $30($20 ea)
$30 games for $22.50($15 ea)
$20 games for $15($10 ea)
Do 1 set in each price range 15 games for $300($20 ea) + $10 credit 600 mybb pts

Best Buy seems to have recently made changes to their price match policy.  Before I remember being something like being able to price match Best Buy prices post purchase within 15 days;  now the policy says you can price match Best Buy prices Post purchase within the return period(regular = 15 days, elite = 30 days, elite plus = 45 days).

I planning to stop by Best Buy and PMing Wolfenstein on sale this week.

Best Buy seems to have recently made changes to their price match policy. Before I remember being something like being able to price match Best Buy prices post purchase within 15 days; now the policy says you can price match Best Buy prices Post purchase within the return period(regular = 15 days, elite = 30 days, elite plus = 45 days).

PLEASE LINK THIS ASAP!

Best Buy seems to have recently made changes to their price match policy. Before I remember being something like being able to price match Best Buy prices post purchase within 15 days; now the policy says you can price match Best Buy prices Post purchase within the return period(regular = 15 days, elite = 30 days, elite plus = 45 days).

Hasn't that always been there price match policy since like last year already?

Not calling you a liar, but do you have a link so I can have it if needed.

Hasn't that always been there price match policy since like last year already?
No, it changed to post purchase 15 days of Best Buy own price (no post purchase competitor price match). Now it is the same thing but for the length of your return period. So for normal members nothing changed, but for Elite it is 30 days and Elite+ 45 days.

Not calling you a liar, but do you have a link so I can have it if needed.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Low-Price-Guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

• If we lower our price during the return/exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request.

<p>

No, it changed to post purchase 15 days of Best Buy own price (no post purchase competitor price match). Now it is the same thing but for the length of your return period. So for normal members nothing changed, but for Elite it is 30 days and Elite+ 45 days.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Low-Price-Guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

• If we lower our price during the return/exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request.
Old news, ever since they started matching amazon it's been this way.

Not true at all. They did do that when the started, but they changed the policy to only allow competitor price match on the DAY OF PURCHASE. And they only post purchase price matched themselves 15 days after (regardless of your membership level).

If you are right, I wish it was explained better in their FAQ as I thought it was 15 days for price matching normal and elite/plus members before this change.

Dr0p119 said:
No you are wrong. Saix is correct

Saix_XIII said:
Not true at all. They did do that when the started, but they changed the policy to only allow competitor price match on the DAY OF PURCHASE. And they only post purchase price matched themselves 15 days after (regardless of your membership level).
This. I know bc I became an Elite member and they refused to price match an iPad Air several months back when they lowered their price on the 16th day post purchase. I had to return it and then rebuy it with the new price. With this new policy (which should have always been there), that wouldn't have been an issue

Just to make sure we are on same page, we now have 45 days to price match Best Buy price drops.

It is still day and date purchase only for competitors, correct?  That hasn't extended to 45 days, right?  (ie if Amazon dropped something on the 31st day...we couldn't use that to pm because we are only able to pricematch a competitor only when we purchase the item).  

Just to make sure we are on same page, we now have 45 days to price match Best Buy price drops.

It is still day and date purchase only for competitors, correct? That hasn't extended to 45 days, right? (ie if Amazon dropped something on the 31st day...we couldn't use that to pm because we are only able to pricematch a competitor only when we purchase the item).
Post-purchase price match only applies to Best Buy prices. You are correct with your second question.

Normal member = 15 days

Elite member = 30 days

Elite Plus member = 45 days

Post-purchase price match only applies to Best Buy prices. You are correct with your second question.

Normal member = 15 days

Elite member = 30 days

Elite Plus member = 45 days
This is just huge news.

Obviously not as great as it once was (being able to pm everyone), but just opening it up to Best Buy is nice.

I assume they made the change because of the return/rebuying that was going on from 16-45. It just didn't quite make sense.

Yeah that's why post about this as I thought it would be a nice discount bonus as most games drop to $39.99 around a month or so.  It seemed new to me with a footnote mentioning a early June update to policy.

Called and got $16+tax and $3+tax back for my copies of Wolfenstein and FFX/2HD Vita I bought recently. So $20 back...hey that's almost 1/2 a game. I am very happy with this new change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back