Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure Best Buy would be open to having Sony/Nintendo exclusives on the list but they aren't working together. It's not like they said "Oh lets get Microsoft's exclusives and nobody else".

I'm sure Best Buy would be open to having Sony/Nintendo exclusives on the list but they aren't working together. It's not like they said "Oh lets get Microsoft's exclusives and nobody else".
Exactly, it isn't as easy as BBY just saying "This game gets $10" they need to get authorization from the publisher to do so sadly. I am sure if BBY could get more games with $10 back they would easily do it.

Them giving $10 back ensures you shop with them again. A $10 discount for a guaranteed repeat customer is worth it to them.

Exactly, it isn't as easy as BBY just saying "This game gets $10" they need to get authorization from the publisher to do so sadly. I am sure if BBY could get more games with $10 back they would easily do it.

Them giving $10 back ensures you shop with them again. A $10 discount for a guaranteed repeat customer is worth it to them.
BB could`ve used a workaround thru GCU to get $10 offers on any game we wanted then take the high pre-order #`s to each publisher to get them on board on the backend.

It`s as simple as providing 1-3 $10-$20 pre-order/purchase coupons in the welcome kit coupon packs. Improving the welcome kit coupons across the board alone would move more $120 subs plus if they made them available instantly in-store/online ppl would consider their 1st purchase as a deduction of the $120.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-pre-order-purchase-credit-coupons-to-the-GCU-Gamer-s-Club/idi-p/820120

Was there a bonus for Dragon Age: Inquisition? I swear there was. If anyone knows the answer, that would be appreciated!
Nope, and I've decided I'm not picking it up at release unless it does. Too much coming out this fall that I want that has the bonus (including Shadow of Mordor, which releases the same day) plus EA games usually get good Black Friday prices. But if they do add the bonus to this one I'll most likely bite, same goes for Alien: Isolation.

Somehow I missed the news that BB now officially supports PMing during the full Elite/Elite Plus return window -- thanks to this thread for the news.  I PMed the BB online rep per his post on the boards about PMing Wolfenstein.

Hopefully the news gets out to the stores eventually.

PS: With PM Wolfenstein for $31+ $20 PO bonus + $5 to make up for the cat figure is the steal of the year for a surprisingly great game.

Somehow I missed the news that BB now officially supports PMing during the full Elite/Elite Plus return window -- thanks to this thread for the news. I PMed the BB online rep per his post on the boards about PMing Wolfenstein.

Hopefully the news gets out to the stores eventually.

PS: With PM Wolfenstein for $31+ $20 PO bonus + $5 to make up for the cat figure is the steal of the year for a surprisingly great game.
It wasn't exactly displayed prominently, but when I was at a Best Buy yesterday to trade in Watch Dogs, I noticed that the Low Price Guarantee "placemat" that they usually have at Customer Service had the added line that specifies PMing during the return period, so it's definitely out there.

Nope, and I've decided I'm not picking it up at release unless it does. Too much coming out this fall that I want that has the bonus (including Shadow of Mordor, which releases the same day) plus EA games usually get good Black Friday prices. But if they do add the bonus to this one I'll most likely bite, same goes for Alien: Isolation.
add drive club and the 2 new nba games to that same day as well, all of october is packed really. easy to wait on a few games for black friday when everything is coming out at once.

yeah i'm not gonna go crazy on pre-ordering since i know TLOU will keep me busy in august and Destiny will keep me busy in Sept, still got MK8 going strong.  Everything else will be gettable cheaper during black friday, no point in buying early and sitting on a game I don't play while its value drops.  

Only game I know I would keep longer is GTA5 for ps4, waiting to see if any steelcover editions come out

Just a FYI for everyone here, I described earlier how Bestbuy was constantly charging my card $800-900 from pre-ordering every game on their $10 list every week or two which pissed me off since my bank would constantly contact me about fraud charges.

Anyways.... So yeah, I was finally able to cancel the preorders directly on the website (cancel box wasn't grayed out anymore).   Went ahead and canceled any game not coming out in the next 2 months and guess what?    I just discovered that Bestbuy had charged my card fully in the previous months for 4 of my preorders.   Didn't catch it until now until I went over my statements.   

So yeah, if you preordered you might want to look at your statements.   You might have been charged the full amount already on some of them.   I apparently was charged fully for four of them (not counting my previous preorders).

Just a FYI for everyone here, I described earlier how Bestbuy was constantly charging my card $800-900 from pre-ordering every game on their $10 list every week or two which pissed me off since my bank would constantly contact me about fraud charges.

Anyways.... So yeah, I was finally able to cancel the preorders directly on the website (cancel box wasn't grayed out anymore). Went ahead and canceled any game not coming out in the next 2 months and guess what? I just discovered that Bestbuy had charged my card fully in the previous months for 4 of my preorders. Didn't catch it until now until I went over my statements.

So yeah, if you preordered you might want to look at your statements. You might have been charged the full amount already on some of them. I apparently was charged fully for four of them (not counting my previous preorders).
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, but I appreciate the heads-up on cancellation being possible now on preorders--I canceled my preorder for the Witcher 3 CE for PS4 and re-preordered it with the $20 certificate that I initially wanted to use on it. :D/

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, but I appreciate the heads-up on cancellation being possible now on preorders--I canceled my preorder for the Witcher 3 CE for PS4 and re-preordered it with the $20 certificate that I initially wanted to use on it. :D/
Nice, yeah the whole thing was only annoying over the fact that my bank kept bringing it to my attention and it wasn't necessary on bestbuy's part.

I plan on preordering all of these again, just closer to launch now (especially if they continue to add in other bonus sales with the games).

Anyways.... So yeah, I was finally able to cancel the preorders directly on the website (cancel box wasn't grayed out anymore). Went ahead and canceled any game not coming out in the next 2 months and guess what? I just discovered that Bestbuy had charged my card fully in the previous months for 4 of my preorders. Didn't catch it until now until I went over my statements.

So yeah, if you preordered you might want to look at your statements. You might have been charged the full amount already on some of them. I apparently was charged fully for four of them (not counting my previous preorders).
I wonder if it has to do more with the banks system then best buy. Like I've mentioned I have made pre orders months in advance and don't get the constant recurring charges. Only get the initial pending charge then one a week before release then get charged the night before release. I use a local credit union though and none of the big national type banks.

yeah i'm not gonna go crazy on pre-ordering since i know TLOU will keep me busy in august and Destiny will keep me busy in Sept, still got MK8 going strong. Everything else will be gettable cheaper during black friday, no point in buying early and sitting on a game I don't play while its value drops.

Only game I know I would keep longer is GTA5 for ps4, waiting to see if any steelcover editions come out
If it comes.with instant credit in any form it still pays to pay n play or pay n trade assuming you have the credit/funds to seed. Once Black Friday comes you`ll be sitting on an extra $75-$200 credit which would cover alot of your BF shopping.

Is it me or am I not seeing GTA V for PS4 no longer offering the $10 reward for pre-ordering?
Nope, it`s still there pictured & in writing
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-quot-Get-10-quot-Gaming-Pre-Order-Offer/td-p/695766?device-view=desktop

Does anyone have an idea what the general interest level is for evolve?

Aside from NIS limited editions and a few exceptions I stopped pre ordering games and just waiting for them to drop in price. But, I am interested in evolve a lot and I know left 4 dead was best in its first 4 months when it was new and a lot of people played it so Im not sure how flush it will be with players.

I think if I get it Ill get the PC version.

Does anyone have an idea what the general interest level is for evolve?

Aside from NIS limited editions and a few exceptions I stopped pre ordering games and just waiting for them to drop in price. But, I am interested in evolve a lot and I know left 4 dead was best in its first 4 months when it was new and a lot of people played it so Im not sure how flush it will be with players.

I think if I get it Ill get the PC version.
From what I have heard interest is high. I enjoyed L4D a decent bit, but L4D2 was horrible for me so I personally have zero interest in this game until it's $10-20.

From what I have heard interest is high. I enjoyed L4D a decent bit, but L4D2 was horrible for me so I personally have zero interest in this game until it's $10-20.
Turtlerock made L4D1 though and valve made L4D2. So Id say its safe to assume this will be just as good since valve has nothing to do with evolve. I agree though l4d2 was god awful and missed everything that made l4d1 so good.

$10 pre-order/purchase request thread is live & there`s a release calendar linked in the OP.

***PLEASE!!! **** Try to limit your requests to titles confirmed for a 2014 release AND list the titles you want vs just saying "everything on the list".
Also, list games for EVERY SYSTEM YOU WANNA SEE including PSVita, 3DS & WiiU(PC versions have recently been added to $10 promos going forward.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Requests-10-Pre-order-Purchase-Promo-additional-requested-games/idi-p/825926

$10 pre-order/purchase request thread is live & there`s a release calendar linked in the OP.

***PLEASE!!! **** Try to limit your requests to titles confirmed for a 2014 release AND list the titles you want vs just saying "everything on the list".
Also, list games for EVERY SYSTEM YOU WANNA SEE including PSVita, 3DS & WiiU(PC version have resented been added to $10 promos going forward.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Requests-10-Pre-order-Purchase-Promo-additional-requested-games/idi-p/825926
I posted on it. Does that actually work though? I feel like a lot of people will just go in there and post "ADD EVERTHING PLZ."

Does anyone know for sure if you pre-order a game coming out in december. If I pre-order today at bestbuydotcom using my bestbuy credit card will I be charged interest if I don't pay off that purchase until I actually pick it up in the store. Is it in a pending status until its picked up. (Someone told me this is the case therefore you don't have to pay it off similar to amazons system). However I have received information that said otherwise as well. So which is it?

I posted on it. Does that actually work though? I feel like a lot of people will just go in there and post "ADD EVERTHING PLZ."
MK8 was the most recent completed credit add on
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-a-promotion-for-Mario-Kart-8/idi-p/803776

20% of the completed ideax are gaming related 75%-90% of the gaming related postings are mainly CAG supported.The last request thread like this was approved with great support have no doubts this one will follow suit.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/831?device-view=desktop

They already said even if a game doesn`t get the $10 pre-order offer there`s still ways to score instant giftcards, day 1 discounts(buy 2 on release get ___ off or extra mybb pts), targeted trade in promo etc. Having a baseline of what "customers want" allows teams to actively/aggressively go after certain titles.
Dragon Age has a individual one with good support as well I`ve voted on it as well.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/4971?device-view=desktop

MK8 was the most recent completed credit add on
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-a-promotion-for-Mario-Kart-8/idi-p/803776

20% of the completed ideax are gaming related 75%-90% of the gaming related postings are mainly CAG supported.The last request thread like this was approved with great support have no doubts this one will follow suit.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/831?device-view=desktop

They already said even if a game doesn`t get the $10 pre-order offer there`s still ways to score instant giftcards, day 1 discounts(buy 2 on release get ___ off or extra mybb pts), targeted trade in promo etc. Having a baseline of what "customers want" allows teams to actively/aggressively go after certain titles.
Dragon Age has a individual one with good support as well I`ve voted on it as well.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/4971?device-view=desktop
Sounds good to me man, I'm all for saving money on games I already want to play.

ya was wondering about the last of us as well.. since kmart and dell are offering points or gift cards cant best buy offer a 10 dollar rz certificate? :)

Phantom Dust, Scalebound, Master Chief Collection, and The Phantom Pain certificates would get me to cancel preorders at other stores and order at BB.

Update:Regarding a possible increase of $20 pre-order credit(5 for $100 hybrid) or other GCU exclusive credit increases beyond $10.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Paid-GCU-20-pre-order-credit-for-Premier-Pre-Orders/idi-p/804812

Diablo 3 Ultimate has also been moved along
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-a-Best-Buy-preorder-incentive-for-Diablo-III-Ultimate-Evil/idi-p/820478

Probably too late to mater, but could y'all throw some love at The Last of Us Reamstered?
The mario kart 8 $10 promo was last minute too but there was previous thread for TLOU & PS4/XB1 GTAv before it got added.

Phantom Dust, Scalebound, Master Chief Collection, and The Phantom Pain certificates would get me to cancel preorders at other stores and order at BB.
You gotta post em there my vote only counts once(and I can`t vote on my own ideax anyways) I`ve told them adding titles will have a major positive effect on GCU & pre-order totals. Basically, they`re saying ok show & prove it again 92 ppl last time can it happen again.

"Would anyone else like to see additional titles added to this promotion? If so, which ones? Remember to vote for an idea if you like it."
That`s all it takes

Pre-ordered Madden and NHL 15.  Had a $65 RZ cert from buying a new washer/dryer.  They put on ONE cert, so I had to get two games ;) 

Too bad no love for NHL 15....every damn year.

They shot down Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil and Dragon Age Inquisition. Oh well :(
I find that particular ideax thread pointless as I am sure if they could add it to every game, they would. I am sure they try to get approval from the publisher and the publisher says no or we are giving you this pre order bonus already etc. Or corporate sees certain titles as definite big sellers and see no reason to add it.

I find that particular ideax thread pointless as I am sure if they could add it to every game, they would. I am sure they try to get approval from the publisher and the publisher says no or we are giving you this pre order bonus already etc. Or corporate sees certain titles as definite big sellers and see no reason to add it.
They add CoD and battlefield titles, so big sellers wouldn't be a deterrent. They also have other Activision and EA titles on their list, so that's not it either. I suppose they do it when they think they can drive pre-orders to them or they know the sales profiles on certain franchises compared to overall performance and they think it is advantageous to grab a larger share of that franchise's expected performance.

However, enuf has had successful threads with specific titles listed in them before.

They add CoD and battlefield titles, so big sellers wouldn't be a deterrent. They also have other Activision and EA titles on their list, so that's not it either. I suppose they do it when they think they can drive pre-orders to them or they know the sales profiles on certain franchises compared to overall performance and they think it is advantageous to grab a larger share of that franchise's expected performance.

However, enuf has had successful threads with specific titles listed in them before.
Well none of us know why they choose some titles and not others so it's pointless to speculate. And I have yet to see a game added to the list because of the ideax thread. I have seen them all get shot down though.

Can you really blame Best Buy for shooting down the ideaX topics on the regular?  Honestly, there are almost 2600 posts in this topic and the topics on ideaX struggle to get 20 votes.

I'll admit I didn't even know about it until enuf told me, but we would be better off throwing a vote in rather than complaining.  Most of the posters in this topic all have Best Buy accounts anyway.

Since that was 2 whole years ago, no I did not. And that was before gcu came around as well. I am going based off what I have seen since I have been on here and I haven't seen one approved yet in that time frame.
GCU itself is a cherrypick of an existing ideax thread the most important thing is to have these reach the people who have the power to influence the backbone of the program/promos. The $10 pre-order is just 1 option, one which we all have done well with but even it`s not perfect. Both Mario Kart & the system trade up promos came after ideax threads too.

I understand gaming isn`t where BB bread is buttered but by asking $120 upfront they need to be doing much more than they are. They also need to be realistic after a person has already got a fridge, pc, phone, tv & tablet the smaller items are what keep people coming back over & over.

I`m actually really disappointed in this idea not going thru b/c I believe they`d get 10,000ish responses from genuine customers letting them know where they`re going wrong. Whoever would be tasked with reporting the final data would be presenting a quite an eye opening report.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Introduce-a-BesBuy-biannual-customer-review-feedback-initiative/idi-p/763625

GCU itself is a cherrypick of an existing ideax thread the most important thing is to have these reach the people who have the power to influence the backbone of the program/promos. The $10 pre-order is just 1 option, one which we all have done well with but even it`s not perfect. Both Mario Kart & the system trade up promos came after ideax threads too.

I understand gaming isn`t where BB bread is buttered but by asking $120 upfront they need to be doing much more than they are. They also need to be realistic after a person has already got a fridge, pc, phone, tv & tablet the smaller items are what keep people coming back over & over.

I`m actually really disappointed in this idea not going thru b/c I believe they`d get 10,000ish responses from genuine customers letting them know where they`re going wrong. Whoever would be tasked with reporting the final data would be presenting a quite an eye opening report.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Introduce-a-BesBuy-biannual-customer-review-feedback-initiative/idi-p/763625
Tl;dr

Thanks for all the time you put in to this though

So, can you get $10 on the regular and limited editions of destiny on one account get both with the 20% and a total of $20 in reward certs?

Best Buy closed off the Ghost preorders in-store.  When trying to enter the SKU's in, the system brings up a message window stating "DO NOT SELL."  I thought the in-store registers would be good through the end of today at least but I guess not.  Tried it for the PS4 and Xbone and neither were successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back