Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So i ordered shadows of mordor late last night, and this afternoon i got an email saying the order was shipped, with a tracking number (although UPS site doesn't have any info on it). whats the chances it will actually ship before release?

Ugh, so I guess I should go to the BBY forums to share my situation? I didn't have problems doing this when i picked up Madden.
A cancelled pre-order only effects the $10 if it`s done before the game releases AND a new pre-order isn`t placed. Once the game is out & you have an existing pre-order on your MBB account the pre-order requirement has already been fulfilled. The only other remaining requirement is purchasing the game w/i the stated timeframe.

So you`re fine just make sure the rep correctly added on your MBB info on the final purchase receipt.

So i ordered shadows of mordor late last night, and this afternoon i got an email saying the order was shipped, with a tracking number (although UPS site doesn't have any info on it). whats the chances it will actually ship before release?
If my preorders ship on Thursday or Friday I get them on Monday. Destiny was UPS next day air from Ohio to Chicago but it might be different based on location.

is it just me or did bestbuy change their rewards website? I can't see the details of my pending points anymore. It just says "pending" and doesn't show the break down of what was purchased or how many points are pending.

is it just me or did bestbuy change their rewards website? I can't see the details of my pending points anymore. It just says "pending" and doesn't show the break down of what was purchased or how many points are pending.
Yeah, they did this a couple of months ago. They changed it and took features out that were in before. It's rather nice. /sarcasm

Yeah, they did this a couple of months ago. They changed it and took features out that were in before. It's rather nice. /sarcasm
I dunno, just last week I was able to just click on my purchases and see the break down of what I purchased and how many points each item got including the pending points for the $10 preorder. Now it just says pending and I don't even know how many points, what I purchased or if the $10 bonus is pending or not.

Let me preface my response by saying that I'm not sure if using Discover follows an entirely different process than the following, as my experience is strictly from paying with Best Buy gift cards.

First of all, you could only get money back if the price drops at Best Buy, as they only match themselves for post-purchase PMs.

Secondly, you would have to factor in GCU for the before-PM and after-PM prices. So following your example, you would be getting $8+tax back because you would be paying $39.99+tax at the lower price compared to the $47.99+tax you paid at launch. I and several other CAGs got back $16+tax from PMing Wolfenstein at $39.99 when Best Buy had it on sale within 45 days.

I hope that at least gives you some idea of how post-purchase PMs work at Best Buy now.
Thanks for the response. I know how the BB PMs work. I was wondering about the Price Match through Discover that the person who I quoted was talking about.

its part of the new best buy quest to ban more CAGs, since you can no longer check how many of each game you have traded in.

Thanks for the response. I know how the BB PMs work. I was wondering about the Price Match through Discover that the person who I quoted was talking about.
i actually have this same kind of deal with my citi card. i dont use the card much, but this might be great for preorders. i played around and went through the motions to figure out how it works. basically for that card you have to search for the item and start tracking it. 60 days from purchase they email you if you are eligible for a refund and you upload a copy of your receipt. i put in destiny and it showed the lowest price as $58.96, so obviously they arent searching everywhere, but for games that come out around the holidays, id imagine by january you would have quite a bit of savings. list of stores included gamestop and best buy, (and several others) but no amazon. i imagine the discover version is probably pretty close to the same.

So I preordered Evil Within with standard shipping and comes with a 10GC. I have a few questions. I chose standard shipping for evil within, will I receive it on release day or no? Also is the 10GC a physical one, pretty sure it is but just reassurance. Still new to this GCU stuff and it made me join you fellow CAGs on this preorder cycle haha

gift card is physical and they send it out right away, i got mine for shadow warrior and Evil within a few days by UPS mail (seems kind of a waste to spend so much sending a $10 card).  

Shipping dates vary wildly, for Shadows of Mordor (releasing next tuesday) some people have said its already shipped so it should arrive monday or tuesday.  In the past best buy hasn't shipped stuff until the day of release or a day earlier, which means standard shipping wouldn't get it till thursday or friday (for a tue release).  

Hopefully SoM and Destiny means they are shipping stuff earlier now so you get it on release day, but we won't really know until a few more games pass.

so to update my SoM order, the UPS tracking updated to say its been received in TN today (i live in NJ). The estimated delivery date is Thursday, so let us see how long it takes.

gift card is physical and they send it out right away, i got mine for shadow warrior and Evil within a few days by UPS mail (seems kind of a waste to spend so much sending a $10 card).

Shipping dates vary wildly, for Shadows of Mordor (releasing next tuesday) some people have said its already shipped so it should arrive monday or tuesday. In the past best buy hasn't shipped stuff until the day of release or a day earlier, which means standard shipping wouldn't get it till thursday or friday (for a tue release).

Hopefully SoM and Destiny means they are shipping stuff earlier now so you get it on release day, but we won't really know until a few more games pass.
My Shadow of Mordor shipped on Thursday, but UPS tracking says it will arrive on next Thursday. Normally with BB orders, the UPS website is wrong and I get the game a day or two before the estimated date is.

One thing I have noticed is with almost all of my BB orders, they get transferred to my local post office for delivery. Is that normal? It kinda sucks cause UPS typically deliverys about 10AM, as to the post office diliverys about 4-5PM. Neverless if it's a game I can't wait for, I try to do store pickup if I can get Best abut that day.

Shipping dates vary wildly, for Shadows of Mordor (releasing next tuesday) some people have said its already shipped so it should arrive monday or tuesday. In the past best buy hasn't shipped stuff until the day of release or a day earlier, which means standard shipping wouldn't get it till thursday or friday (for a tue release).

Ah okay, thanks for the info and clarification. Can't wait to play Evil Within. I think I can wait for Shadow of Mordor to drop to that $40 especially with school going on. But it's been a while since I played horror haha :D

so to update my SoM order, the UPS tracking updated to say its been received in TN today (i live in NJ). The estimated delivery date is Thursday, so let us see how long it takes.
I live in NJ as well. Usually if I have my BB preorders shipped they do arrive Thursday instead of release day.

Tempted to grab SoM after seeing the reviews. Not sure I'll have much time to play it - but feel like I'm pretty much done with Destiny.

It's really hard to pass games up at $53 with $10 certs. Then being able to turn around and trade the game in for $44. Free rentals!

I live in NJ as well. Usually if I have my BB preorders shipped they do arrive Thursday instead of release day.
hm but do they usually ship so soon before release? i feel like i should expect it to arrive on tuesday if its already at the UPS location...but I wont get my hopes up

I wouldn't take some random streamers opinion for Resolution and FPS until we have somebody like Digital Foundry get on it. Twitch only streams at 30 FPS so you couldn't tell from the stream itself to begin with.

I'll be surprised if it's that low I'm guessing 900p/60fps.

I wouldn't take some random streamers opinion for Resolution and FPS until we have somebody like Digital Foundry get on it. Twitch only streams at 30 FPS so you couldn't tell from the stream itself to begin with.

I'll be surprised if it's that low I'm guessing 900p/60fps.
The DF article wont be out in time so Im going to put a order in for the PS4 version. I cant find any information about the X1 performance and I think thats not a good sign this late. The fact that there's no multiplayer makes it a even easier decision for me.

The fact that SOM sent out PC and PS4 copies for review when the game isn't exclusive makes you wonder if there is anything wrong with the xbox version

The fact that SOM sent out PC and PS4 copies for review when the game isn't exclusive makes you wonder if there is anything wrong with the xbox version
The game is being marketed for the Playstation 4 and I imagine Sony's paid them money to keep it that way. It's not a huge surprise they've been mum on the Xbox versions of the game.

The game is being marketed for the Playstation 4 and I imagine Sony's paid them money to keep it that way. It's not a huge surprise they've been mum on the Xbox versions of the game.
Developers have revealed the resolution and framerate for X1 games even if they were marketed by Sony in the past, so Im not sure if thats the reason for the holdup.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been added to the $10 Reward Certificate list.
I was going to buy this regardless but this makes it that much sweeter!

So much for the list being "finalized". Lol the gaming reps don't know what to say anymore as they keep flipping on what they say. I feel bad for them.
I think when they said that, they ment for the remainder of 2014. With that said, I'm guessing that this promo is just going to continue next year. And most of 2015's big releases will be added. Personally I was hoping for another promo, like 5 for $100. Or maybe add something extra for Unlocked members. Didn't the BB rep on CAG mention something about a special site just for Unlocked members?

sweet. can't wait for witcher 3. prolly my most anticipated games in in the last few years. only other game to triumph witcher 3 is if rockstar announce red dead 2.

Yes, maybe delta listened to me lol. I suggested it two weeks ago. Anyways, grabbing that now.
you will love it, since it similar to beyond two souls. or he could trolling you, since when you add the game to your cart, there is no $10 gift card

I was really surprised to see that my $10 GC that comes free with the Evil Within shipped already. Isn't it usually standard procedure for places to ship these things as/AFTER the actual game releases?

I was really surprised to see that my $10 GC that comes free with the Evil Within shipped already. Isn't it usually standard procedure for places to ship these things as/AFTER the actual game releases?
i think they just do that so they can charge you $10 if you cancel the preorder, bumping up sales.

you will love it, since it similar to beyond two souls. or he could trolling you, since when you add the game to your cart, there is no $10 gift card
that sherlock game just feels like it will drop like a rock, but basically $40ish at launch is hard to pass up (if the gc ever starts working, the offer isnt showing up online at all)

This will be my first Sherlock game but I liked what I seen so far. [SIZE=13.63636302948px]As long it works on Tuesday, I'll be happy. [/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back