Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting experience in-store. I went to preorder Smash Bro's 3DS because the last few 3DS games like Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem completely sold out in-store and in the area in general since GameStop, Target, and Walmart didn't have any either.

Went in and asked at the register because that's normally how they do it but now they take slips from their kiosks. So we went over to the kiosk and after taking a bit to search for the game due to the crappy touch screen it says the printer is out of paper so the Manager had to come over unlock the machine and replace the paper before I could finally get my slip and preorder the game.

It seemed like a lot more hassle than it needed to be since I was standing around for nearly 10 minutes.

Interesting experience in-store. I went to preorder Smash Bro's 3DS because the last few 3DS games like Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem completely sold out in-store and in the area in general since GameStop, Target, and Walmart didn't have any either.

Went in and asked at the register because that's normally how they do it but now they take slips from their kiosks. So we went over to the kiosk and after taking a bit to search for the game due to the crappy touch screen it says the printer is out of paper so the Manager had to come over unlock the machine and replace the paper before I could finally get my slip and preorder the game.

It seemed like a lot more hassle than it needed to be since I was standing around for nearly 10 minutes.
all you need is the sku on the bestbuy website for the game, and take that to the customer service, and they will be able to preorder any non-collectors edition/non-jrpg games for you. i have using that method to preroder my games at local b&m bestbuy stores for almost two years now.

Kinda new to the Bestbuy pre-order thing - Hadn't touched a console in a long time, and got in on the GCU w/ a console purchase deal.

They shipped my Infinity 2.0 several days ahead of time, and I received it on release day.

My Shadow of Mordor isn't even showing as shipped yet, however.  Which is the norm?  

I don't mind waiting a few days, but I am really looking forward to playing this game.

Also, I see others commenting on the new site having problems - I attempted to cash out a $45 cert today (about 12 hours ago) , I received an error message, the points poofed, and I never got a certificate.  No response to my e-mail asking about it. Whee.

I hope they keep adding games to the $10 list  - Witcher was a nice surprise.

Kinda new to the Bestbuy pre-order thing - Hadn't touched a console in a long time, and got in on the GCU w/ a console purchase deal.

They shipped my Infinity 2.0 several days ahead of time, and I received it on release day.

My Shadow of Mordor isn't even showing as shipped yet, however. Which is the norm?

I don't mind waiting a few days, but I am really looking forward to playing this game.

Also, I see others commenting on the new site having problems - I attempted to cash out a $45 cert today (about 12 hours ago) , I received an error message, the points poofed, and I never got a certificate. No response to my e-mail asking about it. Whee.

I hope they keep adding games to the $10 list - Witcher was a nice surprise.
Which shipping did you do for Shadow of Mordor? I'm elite plus and get expedited and usually always come on a Wed. Seems like you have to do the most expensive shipping to get it on release which IMO kind of sucks. As IMO elite plus members with free shipping should get it release day.

So only games I really want at midnight release I do in store. Otherwise I can wait a extra day.

Already have some credit at Best Buy so it looks like as good a time as any to last minute preorder Shadow of Mordor and treat it like a 2 week rental.

Hoping The Crew somehow makes it onto the list. If not, I'll be tempted to do the same with Far Cry 4.

Which shipping did you do for Shadow of Mordor? I'm elite plus and get expedited and usually always come on a Wed. Seems like you have to do the most expensive shipping to get it on release which IMO kind of sucks. As IMO elite plus members with free shipping should get it release day.

So only games I really want at midnight release I do in store. Otherwise I can wait a extra day.
Elite plus expedited as well. Hopefully I'll luck out and get it Wednesday as well - It's still showing as "preparing" though.

Nearest Bestbuy is like 45 miles away, so shipping option it was. I cashed out a $100 reward cert and pre-ordered Infinity 2.0 and Mordor in the same order, so maybe that had something to do with it. Who knows.

Site refuses to issue me a $5 reward certificate.

Now I see what people mean when they say they're having problems with the new site.

Edit: Worked in IE of all things. Still took a couple tries.

Today I stopped by Best Buy to pre order two games.  I had the $10 cert from Destiny and another $5 one.  I usually put them towards pre orders or PSN cards.

Anyway the cashier tried to put the $5 one towards Far Cry 4 and it kept rejecting it.  He then tried to use it towards GTA V and had the same problem.  

Did BB change this or was he just doing something wrong?   I was able to use the $10 one on a PSN card and will use the $5 either on another PSN card or towards one of these games on pick up.  

Today I stopped by Best Buy to pre order two games. I had the $10 cert from Destiny and another $5 one. I usually put them towards pre orders or PSN cards.

Anyway the cashier tried to put the $5 one towards Far Cry 4 and it kept rejecting it. He then tried to use it towards GTA V and had the same problem.

Did BB change this or was he just doing something wrong? I was able to use the $10 one on a PSN card and will use the $5 either on another PSN card or towards one of these games on pick up.
bestbuy certif never work on preorders.

Just to clarify, I think you mean that you can't use the certificates in store in lieu of putting down the usual $5 cash deposit. Using it as payment during pickup will work. (In case anyone gets confused by your response.)

Anyone else can't wait to start playing SoM tomorrow/later today? Playing that as soon as I get it. Hope to get 1000gs or close to it by 10/7 so I can trade it in to use towards 2K. Crazy how I could give 2 shit about it on one day, then the all hyped for it the next day lol. 

[quote name="kickrockz713" post="12127979" timestamp="1412050450"]Anyone else can't wait to start playing SoM tomorrow/later today? Playing that as soon as I get it. Hope to get 1000gs or close to it by 10/7 so I can trade it in to use towards 2K. Crazy how I could give 2 shit about it on one day, then the all hyped for it the next day lol. [/quote]
I'm going to play the hell out of it. I need a break from Destiny.

Then I'm trading it in for 2k15 and might pick it up again from a BF sale.

now that witcher 3 is a lock, can we get bby to add MKX.  $10 promo with GCU = must buy all. it pays to be gcu. getting most if not all the promo stuff. free (cheap) rental if its not my taste. 

Jackovasaurus, on 25 Sept 2014 - 8:20 PM, said:

Forza Horizon 2 is the first game I'm preordering from BB. How do they handle the preorder bonuses? Do they go the GameStop route and print it on the receipt? When do you get the preorder codes?
In-store: prints out on the receipt when you pick up.

Online: emails you soon after you pick up your order.
Flash is correct in most situations, and that will be the case for the Forza Horizon 2 pre-order bonus car M6 Coupe. For the $10 Xbox Code that will be delivered a bit later by email with similar timelines to the "Get 10" promotion. Wanted to give you guys a heads up so you don't think something is wrong with your pre-orders. You will get the code with plenty of time to use it to purchase the much anticipated X1 version of Goat Simulator. Thanks everyone!

Today I stopped by Best Buy to pre order two games. I had the $10 cert from Destiny and another $5 one. I usually put them towards pre orders or PSN cards.

Anyway the cashier tried to put the $5 one towards Far Cry 4 and it kept rejecting it. He then tried to use it towards GTA V and had the same problem.

Did BB change this or was he just doing something wrong? I was able to use the $10 one on a PSN card and will use the $5 either on another PSN card or towards one of these games on pick up.
If you read the fine print, the gift certificates have to be put towards a balance larger than their value. Meaning that if you want to use a $5 gift certificate, it has to be on something that costs more than $5. I was thrown off by that too.

If you read the fine print, the gift certificates have to be put towards a balance larger than their value. Meaning that if you want to use a $5 gift certificate, it has to be on something that costs more than $5. I was thrown off by that too.
That is semi-accurate.

If you have a $5 or $10 reward cert you can certainly buy a $5 or $10 item. The item MUST be EXACTLY $5 or $10 (before tax) OR MORE to use a $5/10 certificate. You can use a $10 certificate on a $10 PSN card and pay $0 out the door, but you cannot use it on a $9.99 item with the same effect.

well ups tracking shows my SoM arrived at a post office in a city 20 miles away yesterday, so i figure its a 50/50 chance it gets delivered today.

Has anyone game of Shadow not shipped yet? This is the first time this year a game hasn't been shipped to me before release date.  

And yes am elite plus member....

It seems like the general issue I keep reading over in this thread is people are either getting delayed Shadows of Mordor shipping dates or they aren't getting them at all.

I picked mine up in store. Game is a ton of fun so far, pleasant surprise for a game I was going to pass on until I saw all the great reviews.

Nice mix up from Destiny.

Did you play all the way through the Witcher 2?
Nope, I didn't like the combat.

I thought it was be more action and less planning... after I played the game I checked out the reviews where it was repeatedly mentioned you must have all these potions drank, and these items ready before every combat or you get slaughtered.

Wasn't Forza supposed to have a $10 XBL code with it? Or was that online only?
From what I could find out its tied to your my.bestbuy account and it sounds like you should get it after the purchase shows up on there for you. I could be wrong though, I know mine hasn't shown up but the car has.

From what I could find out its tied to your my.bestbuy account and it sounds like you should get it after the purchase shows up on there for you. I could be wrong though, I know mine hasn't shown up but the car has.
Same here, after picking up my preorder I got the car DLC code in an email but not the $10 XBL code yet, hopefully it won't take the 15 days that takes to get reward zone points on my.bestbuy

Giant Bomb review for Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor just dropped a few minutes ago:

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-review/1900-673/

Wow. They got 5 out of 5 stars. This game must be legit. It should be noted that they couldn't release their quick look video until today because they couldn't make promises about holding back any negative critique to the publisher so there was a review embargo on Giant Bomb until today but SoM did very well anyway. My preference is to trust review sites like GT which don't take marketing money from publishers.

I wasn't interested in this game at all but with all of the buzz I'm really hesitating now. Damn. What to do ... decisions ... decisions ....

Giant Bomb review for Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor just dropped a few minutes ago:

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-review/1900-673/

Wow. They got 5 out of 5 stars. This game must be legit. It should be noted that they couldn't release their quick look video until today because they couldn't make promises about holding back any negative critique to the publisher so there was a review embargo on Giant Bomb until today but SoM did very well anyway. My preference is to trust review sites like GT which don't take marketing money from publishers.

I wasn't interested in this game at all but with all of the buzz I'm really hesitating now. Damn. What to do ... decisions ... decisions ....
if you are a lotr fan, it is a must buy.

Jackovasaurus, on 25 Sept 2014 - 8:20 PM, said:

Flash is correct in most situations, and that will be the case for the Forza Horizon 2 pre-order bonus car M6 Coupe. For the $10 Xbox Code that will be delivered a bit later by email with similar timelines to the "Get 10" promotion. Wanted to give you guys a heads up so you don't think something is wrong with your pre-orders. You will get the code with plenty of time to use it to purchase the much anticipated X1 version of Goat Simulator. Thanks everyone!
Thanks so much for this. No one at the store knew how to answer my question regarding the $10 XBL code. So about how long you think?

So I preordered SoM on Sep 10th it shipped Thursday with an estimated delivery for this Thursday. Just came home to find it was delivered today. Haven't got to play yet. I'm just a standard MyBB member and I just used the free shipping. Hopefully this is a sign that BB is going to start shipping preorders sooner as long as you preorder a couple weeks before release.

Also it's worth noting, I received the Preorder Bonus code in a email at 1am this morning.

Nope, I didn't like the combat.
I thought it was be more action and less planning... after I played the game I checked out the reviews where it was repeatedly mentioned you must have all these potions drank, and these items ready before every combat or you get slaughtered.
That's your problem. The combat gets way better and the story makes it worth it. I was discouraged early on too, but I stuck through it and I'm glad I did.

Wasn't Forza supposed to have a $10 XBL code with it? Or was that online only?
No, it was supposed to with any pre-order. I saw a sign in-store and that's what got me to pre-order the game at BB rather than buying digitally. Didn't get my $10 credit with purchase either, just the BMW code. On the phone with My Best By now....

No, it was supposed to with any pre-order. I saw a sign in-store and that's what got me to pre-order the game at BB rather than buying digitally. Didn't get my $10 credit with purchase either, just the BMW code. On the phone with My Best By now....
It is like "Get 10" pre-order promotion. It comes after, but you will get in pretty soon (15 days or less) Was listed in a lot of the disclaimers, but i know not many people read those haha. So no need to worry spend more time playing less time calling! P.S. how is it?

Good to hear that. I didn't really see the fine print and now all traces of the promotion have been removed from existence it seems.
I'm still on hold and nobody knows shit!

Well I just logged in to my account and it seems like they updated the site to show full details of all your transactions now. When you login, click Purchase History and all of your transactions will be listed with a + box you can click to get the full details

Clicking on my Destiny transaction shows the Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus on the left below the big green number of points I got for the transaction. I definitely like this new site better now!

Well I just logged in to my account and it seems like they updated the site to show full details of all your transactions now. When you login, click Purchase History and all of your transactions will be listed with a + box you can click to get the full details

Clicking on my Destiny transaction shows the Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus on the left below the big green number of points I got for the transaction. I definitely like this new site better now!
Just saw it--looks much better! And, I already got my FIFA points! :D/

Just saw it--looks much better! And, I already got my FIFA points! :D/
One of the other cool features is you can now click on the items in the transaction and it will go to the actual product page on their site. For example, for trade transactions, each game listed is directed to the preowned copy on their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back