Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're talking about advance warfare there will likely be more people playing on PS4. PS4 might have higher resolution but I dont know if they have said what it is for both

If you're talking about advance warfare there will likely be more people playing on PS4. PS4 might have higher resolution but I dont know if they have said what it is for both
I hate to say it, but Advance Warfare has me curious

So I am thinking an getting the GCU membership this Sunday, would I be able to use that on COD: Advanced Warfare?

If I get the $10 coupon and use the GCU membership, it would come out to about $40?

60-10=50

(50)(.20)=10

50-10=40 

So I am thinking an getting the GCU membership this Sunday, would I be able to use that on COD: Advanced Warfare?

If I get the $10 coupon and use the GCU membership, it would come out to about $40?

60-10=50

(50)(.20)=10

50-10=40
If you are talking about the trade up promotion, your math is correct assuming this goes the same as the Madden promotion.

Has anyone actually received their Shadow of Mordor points yet?  I just checked and mine still aren't there, even though the actual transaction points are already posted.

Has anyone actually received their Shadow of Mordor points yet? I just checked and mine still aren't there, even though the actual transaction points are already posted.
I haven't received mines either. I already contacted one of the BBY Mods after waiting 20 days and was told there was an issue with rewards points being issued later than expected for this particular game. Told me it will be corrected within 1-2 weeks

I haven't received mines either. I already contacted one of the BBY Mods after waiting 20 days and was told there was an issue with rewards points being issued later than expected for this particular game. Told me it will be corrected within 1-2 weeks
I contacted a bby mod on Tuesday about it and he gave me 500 reward points.

Has anyone actually received their Shadow of Mordor points yet? I just checked and mine still aren't there, even though the actual transaction points are already posted.
I had to call Best Buy Cust Support after 20 days and asked them to issue the points. The lady said she's been getting a lot of calls about this particular game and points not issuing. She then promptly issued the points to me.

I've apparently gotten it, but had 500 points removed from my page recently due to returning my Playstation TV last night.

But, wasn't the PSTV only worth 300 points since the console was $100.. and wouldn't be on my account yet, so why would I lost 500 already?
Is it because I pre-ordered?

I'm just confused.

Being Elite Plus I just got my release date Destiny purchase matched to the current price.  So between Destiny and Mordor I've got an additional $18 back making those games nearly $30 after all is said and done.  With price matching on top of GCU and the $10 certs I don't see how anyone can pass up buying these games, incredible deal.  Now I hope Forza Horizon 2 gets a nice cut before 45 days are up.  And again thanks for the heads up on using the forum moderators for the price matches, they usually do it within 24 hours, so much better than calling it in.

Yea, the official word from Aaron is that points should be distributed by the end of the week. I'll believe it when I see it.

The $44 trade in values (after GCU) are really making my decisions on buying stuff a lot easier. Paying basically $4 to rent a game has been a no brainer, especially if its something where a $10 pre-order credit or $10 gc (like Evil Within) makes it to where they're basically paying you to play the game.

Being Elite Plus I just got my release date Destiny purchase matched to the current price. So between Destiny and Mordor I've got an additional $18 back making those games nearly $30 after all is said and done. With price matching on top of GCU and the $10 certs I don't see how anyone can pass up buying these games, incredible deal. Now I hope Forza Horizon 2 gets a nice cut before 45 days are up. And again thanks for the heads up on using the forum moderators for the price matches, they usually do it within 24 hours, so much better than calling it in.
Looks like they changed their policy,

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Shadow-of-Mordor-price-match-denied/td-p/862245

Imo still needs to be more clear as we are not Price matching but getting a price adjustment. The FAQ makes no mention that if a game goes on sale within your window that you are not allowed to get the price adjusted.

Looks like I'll be ordering another copy of Shadow of Mordor online and then "returning" my old one to Best Buy. They change their policy, they can go f---- themselves. 

Imo still needs to be more clear as we are not Price matching but getting a price adjustment. The FAQ makes no mention that if a game goes on sale within your window that you are not allowed to get the price adjusted.
exactly cause otherwise they are giving price adjustments to people who don't shop there much while the loyal customers who keep them in business are stripped of benefits simply cause they bought a paid membership through them to suppory best buy. it makes no sense

I think they are changing their tune due to Shadow of Mordor...my previous post with the GCU + Price Adjustment confirmation was deleted, so now they can sing a new tune.

I kind of wish I took a screen capture of it now.

Oh wait, I found a thread they didn't delete.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Can-t-Price-Match-GCU-Order/m-p/831823
i posted a thread so i guess now just wait and see there response http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Best-Buy-Low-Price-Guarantee-w-GCU-Membership/m-p/865251#M4640

Don't see why they would try to change it as it still doesn't stop someone from just buying it the week of the sale new then using their old receipt to return.

yeah thats what i would do. get enough of us to vote against them doing this and they will change it. its really stupid
I don't think they did change it the thread that was posted was a person asking for a post price match keyword op used price match and that some the confusion with some the reps I believe cause people trying to get adjustments are using a poor choice of words with the reps. That why I made a thread on best buy already asking for clarification so for now everyone shouldn't assume it changed and then start getting angry at the reps until a best buy mod reply before everyone get ahead there selves

If anybody creates a thread please post the link. That way we can all vote for it.
I made this one already just to ask for clarification http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Best-Buy-Low-Price-Guarantee-w-GCU-Membership/m-p/865251 cause they didn't change the policy I don't believe. someone just posted a link to a thread where the op used the word price match when he shouldn't of and that probably what confused the mod of that forum so that why I made the thread to ask for clarification since everyone is over reacting over one thread. If they changed the policy everyone who got the adjustment wouldn't of gotten them this week. Everyone need to just sit back take a deep breath and just wait for clarification instead acting like all hell braking loose over a single thread that someone posted on here

Don't see why they would try to change it as it still doesn't stop someone from just buying it the week of the sale new then using their old receipt to return.
After doing a certain amount of returns, TRE (third party company that manages returns/exchanges for Best Buy) will block you from making returns/exchanges.

Mike is the one who wrote that on the 21st yet he is the one who credited me for Mordor on the 21st and Destiny today.

Edit: both my price matches were to best buys own site and he did say that I could return rebuy with gamers club at the new price which is probably why it was approved. So just no price matching from outside of best buy would be my guess.

Looks like I'll be ordering another copy of Shadow of Mordor online and then "returning" my old one to Best Buy. They change their policy, they can go f---- themselves.
Wouldn't that negate the 500 bonus points?

After doing a certain amount of returns, TRE (third party company that manages returns/exchanges for Best Buy) will block you from making returns/exchanges.
Yes, that can and does happen.

I made this one already just to ask for clarification http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Best-Buy-Low-Price-Guarantee-w-GCU-Membership/m-p/865251 cause they didn't change the policy I don't believe. someone just posted a link to a thread where the op used the word price match when he shouldn't of and that probably what confused the mod of that forum so that why I made the thread to ask for clarification since everyone is over reacting over one thread. If they changed the policy everyone who got the adjustment wouldn't of gotten them this week. Everyone need to just sit back take a deep breath and just wait for clarification instead acting like all hell braking loose over a single thread that someone posted on here
I left my rant on there.

It comes with it already unless you mean there are two different kinds? Anyways I didn't know about the day one edition, so now I'm preordering it lol. Thanks!

Little Big Planet 3
Dragon Age Costume Pack DLC
4 The Players Costume Pack DLC
6" plush Sackboy toy

It comes with it already unless you mean there are two different kinds? Anyways I didn't know about the day one edition, so now I'm preordering it lol. Thanks!

Little Big Planet 3
Dragon Age Costume Pack DLC
4 The Players Costume Pack DLC
6" plush Sackboy toy
There are 2, day 1 editions. One with the plush toy and one without. Amazon already sold out(day 1 plush edition) but Best Buy doesn't seem to have the other sku without the plush toy. So I'm not sure if they sold out of the plush version yet.

915sTmK8U1L._SL1500_.jpg

There are 2 day 1 editions. One with the plush toy and one without. Amazon already sold out(day 1 plush edition) but Best Buy doesn't seem to have the other sku without the plush toy. So I'm not sure if they sold out of the plush version yet.
Awesome, surprised BB hasn't sold out. Got my preorder in.

There are 2, day 1 editions. One with the plush toy and one without. Amazon already sold out(day 1 plush edition) but Best Buy doesn't seem to have the other sku without the plush toy. So I'm not sure if they sold out of the plush version yet.

915sTmK8U1L._SL1500_.jpg
Amazon's price for the Plush Edition was $59.99 as well, right?

The $44 trade in values (after GCU) are really making my decisions on buying stuff a lot easier. Paying basically $4 to rent a game has been a no brainer, especially if its something where a $10 pre-order credit or $10 gc (like Evil Within) makes it to where they're basically paying you to play the game.
BB`s been paying alot of us to game for close to 4 yrs now it took a while for the pro AMZ/kmart ppl to catch on. At one point it was easy to get paid ~$20 per game, it`s lower now but being paid is being paid.

They factor in volume of spending/patterns too I return/rebuy more often then most for several yrs now never an issue. Helps to have tons of $205 "purchases" littered thru ones purchase history.

Because most of us preordered and purchased so it would most likely take away the 500 points.
Making sure the reps do a "exchange" or "even exchange" overcomes this

Can you please go into further detail on the "exhange" or "even exchange" to negate the loss of the 500 points?

Are you saying if you buy something else and as long as it isn't processed as a return?

So the official response is no pming of any kind with GCU. They consider post purchase price adjustments the same as pming a competitor which is BS. Time to start a topic to get this idiotic policy fixed. Simple return rebuy gets around this which is just a waste of time for everyone

So the official response is no pming of any kind with GCU. They consider post purchase price adjustments the same as pming a competitor which is BS. Time to start a topic to get this idiotic policy fixed. Simple return rebuy gets around this which is just a waste of time for everyone
What the crap? Did Aaron brainwash the other mods or something? :headache:

How would a return rebuy work if you took advantage of the $10 preorder bonus? Take SoM for example, everyone paid $60/$48 and got $10 in RZ points if you preordered. If you buy a new copy today at the lower price and return it using the transaction with the preorder, wouldn't you lose the 500 points as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back