Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
in regards to an instore preorder of CoD, is this total right? I wont be able to pick up the game so I want to be sure my friend is getting it for me at the correct price..

GCU // $5 deposit // $10 Trade Up coupon

$60

-$10 coupon

-20% GCU ($10)

$40

-$5 deposit

Pay $35 + tax at time of pick up?
bingo.

Anyone else having this issue? BestBuy.com cancelled my order for in store pickup and I used a gift card to buy it. They are saying they couldn't verify my information but I use the same information whenever I order stuff online. I ordered again and it was cancelled. Don't want to try again since it'll likely happen again. Any suggestions?

Anyone else having this issue? BestBuy.com cancelled my order for in store pickup and I used a gift card to buy it. They are saying they couldn't verify my information but I use the same information whenever I order stuff online. I ordered again and it was cancelled. Don't want to try again since it'll likely happen again. Any suggestions?
Sounds like your account has be banned. Try calling them.

So I did a pre order in store for the first time today and I just wanted to make sure this is normal. On the receipt it took $5 off but the price of the game showed as $60. When he put my phone number is the GCU prompt came up though. When it come time for pick up is this going to be an issue?

So I did a pre order in store for the first time today and I just wanted to make sure this is normal. On the receipt it took $5 off but the price of the game showed as $60. When he put my phone number is the GCU prompt came up though. When it come time for pick up is this going to be an issue?
Its normal. When you pick up the game it will apply the GCU discount.

I did call, guy told me the same thing about not verifying my information. Not sure what's up seeing as I order stuff frequently and never go over any limits.
Yeah this is the same thing that other CAGs have reported when they got banned. Looks like they got you for something unfortunately...

Question,

If I pre-order the digital PS4 version on Best Buy's site, would I still get the best of both worlds (20% off for GCU, $10 in certificates, and the free PS3 digital version)?

Question,

If I pre-order the digital PS4 version on Best Buy's site, would I still get the best of both worlds (20% off for GCU, $10 in certificates, and the free PS3 digital version)?
GGU only applies to physical game titles, not digital games, consoles or accessories

Yeah this is the same thing that other CAGs have reported when they got banned. Looks like they got you for something unfortunately...
I don't understand for what though. I don't break any rules on that account. Oh well, looks like I'm going to get in on the $30 GCU deal this week. I'll use this account that is now blocked for only in store purchases and trade ins. Use the new one for online orders.

I don't understand for what though. I don't break any rules on that account. Oh well, looks like I'm going to get in on the $30 GCU deal this week. I'll use this account that is now blocked for only in store purchases and trade ins. Use the new one for online orders.
Out of curiosity did you do the gift card glitch to get elite status?

GGU only applies to physical game titles, not digital games, consoles or accessories
Thanks so much for your response, as I wasn't sure. Guess I'll just get it physical and buy a physical PS3 version (to play with friends who don't have a PS4 yet) when it gets cheaper. The digital pre-order + free copy incentive is nice, but I prefer physical copies, and I'd much rather have the 20% off and the $10 in certificates.

Looks like my account is blocked (not sure since I haven't tried anything but assuming).

Is it possible to just buy my stuff in store and still get my GCU discount? I'll just buy another GCU account and use that for online purchases if anything.

Anyone know if it's to late to preorder the cod Xbox one bundle and get the $10 bonus? I called my local store and they said it could no longer be preordered in store(you know how that goes), can anyone else comment on this? Anyone preorder lately? I don't see why I couldn't preorder it since it's still over a week to go to release
To anyone wondering: I am the one that was asking about preordering the cod aw Xbox one bundle in store and they told me I couldn't over the phone, well I called again today and they still said no, so I said screw it and went in anyway,I went to the preorder station and saw it was listed so I printed it off and I was able to pay for it, so I can confirm you still can preorder cod Xbox one bundle in store for with the $10 bonus

So I have Halo: MCC in my cart right now on Best Buy's web site for in-store pickup -- it's telling me to pick up the free multiplayer map book on December 31.  Anyone else see that when placing the order or know what is going on?

So I have Halo: MCC in my cart right now on Best Buy's web site for in-store pickup -- it's telling me to pick up the free multiplayer map book on December 31. Anyone else see that when placing the order or know what is going on?

So is it coming up as December 31 because Best Buy doesn't have an official release date listed for it?

So I have Halo: MCC in my cart right now on Best Buy's web site for in-store pickup -- it's telling me to pick up the free multiplayer map book on December 31. Anyone else see that when placing the order or know what is going on?
I ordered on 10/21, just checked my status, same thing, 12/31.

To anyone wondering: I am the one that was asking about preordering the cod aw Xbox one bundle in store and they told me I couldn't over the phone, well I called again today and they still said no, so I said screw it and went in anyway,I went to the preorder station and saw it was listed so I printed it off and I was able to pay for it, so I can confirm you still can preorder cod Xbox one bundle in store for with the $10 bonus
Glad it worked out for you.

So is it coming up as December 31 because Best Buy doesn't have an official release date listed for it?
I received an email yesterday, saying one of my preorders had it's release date changed. I'm normally up to date on gaming news, so I had no idea what the email was about. Went to the BB site and checked the status of all my orders and that was the item that had its date changed. I'm unsure what the date was before this but I imagine this is just a place holder. I ordered online for instore pickup for both the game and the book. I was actually going to pick up the game and have the book shipped but changed my mind. I'm doing that with Sunset Overdrive. Picking the game up instore but having the can cooler shipped. Apparently the only way to get it, is shipped.

I had this issue for a while. I posted on the best buy forums and it took about two months for them to figure it out. I never found out what the issue was but I was not banned. I would start there.

I had this issue for a while. I posted on the best buy forums and it took about two months for them to figure it out. I never found out what the issue was but I was not banned. I would start there.
I posted there yesterday to no answer today. Not sure what's going on.

Can I still get my GCU bonus in store though my account seems to be blocked (for what reason I don't know)? I'm just going to buy another GCU for my online buys but used my current account for in store buys if anything.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Can I still get my GCU bonus in store though my account seems to be blocked (for what reason I don't know)? I'm just going to buy another GCU for my online buys.[/SIZE]
Wait until Monday, I don't think they work on weekends for the forum.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Can I still get my GCU bonus in store though my account seems to be blocked (for what reason I don't know)? I'm just going to buy another GCU for my online buys.[/SIZE]
yes, i think you can still buy in store, with gcu applied. because i read a similar story to yours on SD

It's been screwing up so much and just annoying me
Good to know it's not just me. I had to cancel and redo a preorder due to signing up for GCU today and I kept getting a "site glitch" error when trying to process the order. Just did the preorder though the Best Buy app on Android and it seemed to work... hopefully.

I'm sure this has been asked and sorry for not digging around to find the answer, but how do you know the $10 was processed? I just got all the way to the final check-out with GTAV for PS4 and I never saw the $10 certificate mentioned.

I'm sure this has been asked and sorry for not digging around to find the answer, but how do you know the $10 was processed? I just got all the way to the final check-out with GTAV for PS4 and I never saw the $10 certificate mentioned.
It shows up like 15-30 days after you pickup

Hmmm, conflicted with preordering sunset overdrive...I already preordered COD AW and will get that cheap on day one, but to get sunset overdrive now or later. Impulse buy...yes or no guys XD. I guess if I don't like the game I could always trade it in to get my money back...no idea.

Hmmm, conflicted with preordering sunset overdrive...I already preordered COD AW and will get that cheap on day one, but to get sunset overdrive now or later. Impulse buy...yes or no guys XD. I guess if I don't like the game I could always trade it in to get my money back...no idea.
I'm getting it. Knowing that might help sway you.

semi related question- if i spend enough to get to best buy elite, does it go for 1 year from that date? or just the remainder of the calender year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back