Best Buy 15 Days of Gaming

Is the Razer controller a good deal? $80 for a wired controller seems expensive.
I picked up the Razer Wolverine V2 for $60 on Cyber Monday which is similar but a few less features. It's a fantastic controller, but I can see why a lot of people wouldn't want to spend the extra when it's wired and the Xbox already includes an excellent controller. I tried (and returned) the super expensive Microsoft Elite 2 and I liked the Razer a lot more.

It's one of those things where the price doesn't make sense until you get it in your hands. Then you're like "this is nice." But it's not like a regular Xbone/Series controller is a slouch, it's pretty great as it is.

Well this sale started off good but been a cavalacade of crap since.  I know I shouldn't be surprised but they got my hopes up when they started off with Zelda.

I picked up the Razer Wolverine V2 for $60 on Cyber Monday which is similar but a few less features. It's a fantastic controller, but I can see why a lot of people wouldn't want to spend the extra when it's wired and the Xbox already includes an excellent controller. I tried (and returned) the super expensive Microsoft Elite 2 and I liked the Razer a lot more.

It's one of those things where the price doesn't make sense until you get it in your hands. Then you're like "this is nice." But it's not like a regular Xbone/Series controller is a slouch, it's pretty great as it is.
I feel the same way about the Razer Star Wars series of controllers like the Darth Vader one. $180 is a LOT for a controller even if it comes with a charging stand.

I don't know where else to drop this, and I'd assume it's extremely YMMV, but if you use Instacart, you might check your email/account. I got a $50 off $100 at Best Buy offer. Of course, this is just limited to what's on offer at Instacart's site, and you're still subjected to their fees, tips, etc. Probably not going to apply for anything here. Honestly, I couldn't think of anything I needed from what they had on Instacart, but maybe someone else will.

I've had my eye on Fairy Tail for the PS4 for about a year now and it hasn't gotten lower than $49.99, so a sale of that game between $19.99 and $24.99 would be nice.

Yeah I wouldn't wait on Fairy Tail if I were you if and don't want to pay above retail for it.  I chose to wait as well but I could see the signs it was going to become a AoT 2 Final Battle scenario if I waited to long, so I went thru the scramble of trying to nab a copy a month or two ago.  Switch version was gone with the wind and the only non 3rd party retailer I could find the PS4 version at retail was Best Buy.  The minute it goes out of the stock from them directly, the second hand market price of it will go up to compare to the Switch version. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I wouldn't wait on Fairy Tail if I were you if and don't want to pay above retail for it. I chose to wait as well but I could see the signs it was going to become a AoT 2 Final Battle scenario if I waited to long, so I went thru the scramble of trying to nab a copy a month or two ago. Switch version was gone with the wind and the only non 3rd party retailer I could find the PS4 version at retail was Best Buy. The minute it goes out of the stock from them directly, the second hand market price of it will go up to compare to the Switch version.
cant believe its still in stock

I've had my eye on Fairy Tail for the PS4 for about a year now and it hasn't gotten lower than $49.99, so a sale of that game between $19.99 and $24.99 would be nice.
Odds of that happening are extremely low given it's limited print and how much it goes for online.

I think that had a pretty low print. Switch one goes above retail all the time.
Yup I only have it because of the 30/50% off a 29.99 game deal they used to have.

Is it even worth $23?
Pretty great game, I'm also pretty big fan of the developer and their games(dark messiah, dishonored series etc.) Good price at 23 and a steelbook to boot. Then again if you don't plan to jump right in, can always wait till it's lower.

You guys talking about Deathloop and It Takes Two made me get them as they are both on sale today. Arriving tomorrow so I'll get to see what all the hoopla is about. Never heard of these games till now.

You guys talking about Deathloop and It Takes Two made me get them as they are both on sale today. Arriving tomorrow so I'll get to see what all the hoopla is about. Never heard of these games till now.
Curiosity has me... how could you not hear of at least deathloop? It was the first perfect 10 review from IGN in a while and highly revered from most review sites. I'm not as big a gamer as a I used to be though deathloop was all over the internet the past few months.

It takes two is definitely a niche game and I only heard about it in the past researching for couch co-op games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curiosity has me... how could you not hear of at least deathloop? It was the first perfect 10 review from IGN in a while and highly revered from most review sites. I'm not as big a gamer as a I used to be though deathloop was all over the internet the past few months.

It takes two is definitely a niche game and I only heard about it in the past researching for couch co-op games.
I don't know why I never heard of Deathloop till these sales. Playing a lot of backlog and not buying too many new games lately I guess. Learning it got a score of 10 now I'm really pumped to try it. I plan on playing It Takes Two with my wife so that should be a great time.

bread's done
Back