Best Buy 15 Days of Gaming

IDK, IGN gave Forza Horizon 5 their game of the year which I wholeheartedly agree with.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys talking about Deathloop and It Takes Two made me get them as they are both on sale today. Arriving tomorrow so I'll get to see what all the hoopla is about. Never heard of these games till now.
It Takes Two is required co-op, which is the reason why I'm not interested. You can't play the game in single-player.

Deathloop has caused my PS5 to just turn off and need to unplug and restore twice now.
Not sure if it's the game, or the new system update
It’s the game. Make sure it’s in resolution mode. I also turned off online and they helped. Mine only every crashes when someone was invading or about to.

It Takes Two is required co-op, which is the reason why I'm not interested. You can't play the game in single-player.
I know. My wife mostly watches me play games and helps with puzzles, finding "shinies", etc. This will get her to actually game with me like she used to when Diablo III came out.

Waiting for the price drop is always the answer!  

I knew Far Cry 6 was being elevated too high for it's Black Friday price of $40.  And then it turns out they wanted to sell it at that price because they were dropping that first DLC along with it.

One of the best things about physical -- with extended return periods during the holidays, it's possible you could price match or R/R for the lower price.  Can't really do that if you got suckered into buying it digitally at the $40 Black Friday price.

Edit: Looks like Amazon is also matching it

i am still holding out hope that one day Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury will be $30
Towards the backend of the Switch's lifecycle, I think it's reasonable to expect a player's choice line of $19.99 to $29.99 msrp games. Maybe next winter.

i am still holding out hope that one day Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury will be $30
I bought it for $20 on offerup. Bowsers Fury is great although it does has some framerate issues. I owned SM3DW on Wii U but lost it and the Switch version is better all around. It's worth more than $30 IMO especially if you have a Wii U copy you can sell.

While I am thinking about it instacart has a 50$ promo credit for a 125$ best buy purchase. They also have a $30 off $50 and $30 off 60$ or more promo going that works with best buy. I think there's also a $10 off $35. The 30 off 50 is via paying with paypal and using a promo code.

While I am thinking about it instacart has a 50$ promo credit for a 125$ best buy purchase. They also have a $30 off $50 and $30 off 60$ or more promo going that works with best buy. I think there's also a $10 off $35.
I gotta download Instacart then. All I got is SHIPT

While I am thinking about it instacart has a 50$ promo credit for a 125$ best buy purchase. They also have a $30 off $50 and $30 off 60$ or more promo going that works with best buy. I think there's also a $10 off $35. The 30 off 50 is via paying with paypal and using a promo code.
Couldn’t find anything to use it on. The prices on inatacart are like 20% higher and nothing is in stock.

If they had switch kites I’d get it with this promo.

what are the promo codes? coupon code websites are garbage.
only the paypal one required a promo code the others are all on the website banner. My apologies as I don't have the email for the paypal one otherwise I would have posted it. Edit the one for paypal is 30PAYPAL. It may or may not be usable given that it came out 6 days ago according to google search and they had a limit of like 6k redemptions iirc.

I want an elite controller, but always hear about too many stories of them crapping out in year two of their usage.

I wish Microsoft would just make a back button attachment for regular controllers, like Sony did for the PS4.   Best thingee ever.

Instacart is always more expensive than the retailer. I only use the site to check costco clearance drops, sales and inventory.
In my experience, it's a little more hit or miss. Kroger is always same as store. Sam's is always more. Best Buy is mixed. But I have found most stores to be at least slightly higher. This, combines with Instacart's add-ons (in addition to the monthly, under "taxes and fees" and the tipping are why I'm not re-upping for another year. With everyone continuing to offer curbside pickup, it's just not worth it.

Instacart is always more expensive than the retailer. I only use the site to check costco clearance drops, sales and inventory.
Walmart has in store pricing so that’s prob the only one where you can get a deal. As opposed to the sheer convenience of someone stopping off stuff at your front door, which is worth something to me sometimes.

bread's done
Back