Best Buy 50th Anniversary sale starts 8/18 @ 10 p.m. CDT

donny2112

CAGiversary!
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/18/12532270/best-buy-discounts-50-anniversary

Best Buy celebrates 50th anniversary with MacBook Pro, iPhone, and PS4 deals

Best Buy is celebrating its 50th anniversary by launching 50 deals available for 50 hours. Discounts include $150 off select MacBook Pro laptops, $400 off a 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD TV, and $180 off Beats Studio Wireless On-Ear headphones. The deals go live in Best Buy's retail stores and online from 10PM CT today, with the discounts ending this Saturday at 11.59PM CT. (Best Buy's actual 50th anniversary is Monday, August 22nd.)

Here are some of the other deals, available while stocks last.

• Save an extra $150 on the MacBook Pro with Best Buy's student deals program (a total saving of $300)
  • Save up to 70 percent on LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and Amiibo products
  • Save $50 on Garmin's Vivosmart HR activity tracker
  • Buy a PS4 Call of Duty bundle and get Destiny and two other games of your choice for free
  • Get a $50 gift card with purchase of a Swagtron T1 self-balancing hoverboard (online only)
  • Get an iPhone 6S from $1 or an iPhone 6S Plus from $99.99 with a two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (saving $200)
  • Get a $200 gift card with purchase of iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
Gaming-wise, toys-to-life figures will be on sale up to 70%, and PS4 BlOps3 bundle+Destiny+2 pick-your-own-games, probably for MSRP of the BlOps3 bundle. We'll see once the sale starts tonight at 10 p.m. CDT. This post is a Wiki, so feel free to update it with the deals as they come in. ;)

Edit:

May be able to combine with the $10 off $100 with VISA checkout promotion going on, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it was around Memorial Day at BBY, I think around a couple weeks after they came out. About the only knock on it is that it doesn't do 1080@120 but about the only sets that do that in that price range are the comparable Sonys but the Vizio seems to be better all around. Other than still not believing I spent that much I have no complaints and have been happy with Vizio delivering the promised updates and support.
nice, I almost picked up the Samsung 6300 but didn't like the reviews about how it judders and doesn't handle motion well and the Samsung 7000 series seems to get even worse (more lag, less bright) while they say none of that is present in the vizio p series.

And I did notice only 60 hrtz but yea pretty standard on 50 inches it seems like now. I'm not a big fan of 120 hrtz anyway, it actually irritates me ha.

If I have to wait till black Friday or Super Bowl I'm a hold out till it's 800 again. It does seem to be selling well, only been watching for a couple weeks now but all stores in my area had them available now only a couple do.

I suppose I'm the only one excited about AC: Syndicate price?

I could go with price matching Mighty No 9 for a few bucks back, and yeah the code in the game redeems the full ps4 digital game. So I hocked it to Gamestop for 7.xx back.

I could go with price matching Mighty No 9 for a few bucks back, and yeah the code in the game redeems the full ps4 digital game. So I hocked it to Gamestop for 7.xx back.
I would be but I already bought it.

Question about the PS4 deal.  Is it the vanilla Destiny and you can get any two games you want (not confined to a certain list?).  Thanks for any replies.  

Question about the PS4 deal. Is it the vanilla Destiny and you can get any two games you want (not confined to a certain list?). Thanks for any replies.
Not sure about Destiny but it says "Select Games" so it sounds like there will be a list.

I love my Best Buy.  A manager at my store hooked me up with the hardcover guides for Farcry Primal and Uncharted 4 for $2.99 each today.  It pays to shop there weekly and chit chat with the higher ups.

I love my Best Buy. A manager at my store hooked me up with the hardcover guides for Farcry Primal and Uncharted 4 for $2.99 each today. It pays to shop there weekly and chit chat with the higher ups.
I love my CAG. A CAGer at my CAG came in to this thread today and humble bragged. It pays to keep wrestling GIFs and rotten tomatoes on hand. ;)

That code downloads the whole game?

Does that work the same way on the Xbox One version or is it only for the PS4?

That P50 is real nice, I got it when it was $800. Recent firmware update added the promised HDR10 support too.
How's the motion blur and input lag. I'm a 4k noob, but I read the P series are one of the best. I love my plasma panasonic due to it's 'motion smoothing' that makes games ultra smooth with virtually no motion blur. Don't really want to lose that.

I love my Best Buy. A manager at my store hooked me up with the hardcover guides for Farcry Primal and Uncharted 4 for $2.99 each today. It pays to shop there weekly and chit chat with the higher ups.
I'd like to experience something like that but human interaction kills it

How's the motion blur and input lag. I'm a 4k noob, but I read the P series are one of the best. I love my plasma panasonic due to it's 'motion smoothing' that makes games ultra smooth with virtually no motion blur. Don't really want to lose that.
motion smoothing is the fucking worst thing you can subject your eyeballs to

I have zero complaints. I've never had a plasma to compare it to but from what I understand even the best of LCDs will never quite measure up in response. Watched tons of sports, played a bunch of Overwatch and other stuff, a handful of movies, and lots of animated stuff and have only noticed issues with the source since we stream most things. BR look suitably awesome though and using low motion smoothing and judder reduction settings add that little extra bit that really makes them look great. First thing we did on it was watch a bunch of Ghibli BR and I felt much better about the purchase.

who cares. I got a deal.

All you do is shitpost the threads I read.
Well I was being playfully sarcastic but hey if a winky face and saying things like CAGer doesn't communicate that then some people just won't appreciate you.

motion smoothing is the fucking worst thing you can subject your eyeballs to
Yeah I wouldn't want to crank it up to 10 because everything's crazy smooth but it looks crazy fake too. I think it's 3/10 where it was figured out that it adds to picture quality without detracting anything from it.

As I understand playing a game with motion smoothing on (on top of many games that already utilize it) you tend to get more lag since it is constantly a frame or so behind to average out the movement. I found out that when I got Street Fighter 5 and it felt laggy despite a hyper smooth frame rate. After messing with setting I realized it was enabled on my PS4 input since I had swapped them up not so long ago. Then it occurred to me I had been playing Bloodborne in that way the whole time, which made me feel pretty bad ass.

I also had it on for WiiU, and playing games on the controller screen always felt more responsive. Turning it off did wonders to that problem.

If motion smoothing suits you, go for it. But it can introduce annoying lag, especially in 60 fps games.

$34.99 for Homefront was my price point. So glad to finally be able to pick it up.
It's $10 on gamefly and even then...I guess if you wanted the exclusive steelbook version from BB. And it looks like MSRP already dropped to $40.

If you guys had to reccomend me one game from that list for the xbox one, what would you choose?

I'm stuck between MN9, Catalyst & Far Cry Primal.

What should I get?

Anyone here been able to stack price match and $150 off macbooks before? I almost did but the employee asked for manager approval cuz that joint expensive

As I understand playing a game with motion smoothing on (on top of many games that already utilize it) you tend to get more lag since it is constantly a frame or so behind to average out the movement. I found out that when I got Street Fighter 5 and it felt laggy despite a hyper smooth frame rate. After messing with setting I realized it was enabled on my PS4 input since I had swapped them up not so long ago. Then it occurred to me I had been playing Bloodborne in that way the whole time, which made me feel pretty bad ass.

I also had it on for WiiU, and playing games on the controller screen always felt more responsive. Turning it off did wonders to that problem.

If motion smoothing suits you, go for it. But it can introduce annoying lag, especially in 60 fps games.
That is true and I would have to check how I have it set up exactly settings wise because I can't remember off the top of my head. I think I got lazy instead of switching picture modes and just left it on whatever settings I use for normal watching after a couple weeks. So based on the new table on the Rtings review I'm probably around 95 ms instead of the most optimal 19 ms. I don't play fighters these days so whatever FPS I may occasionally play is probably the most precise thing thing but again I can't say that even playing at the higher lag time that it's caused any noticeable issue.

TLDR I'm lazy and leave my settings and mode the same and life goes on.

If you guys had to reccomend me one game from that list for the xbox one, what would you choose?

I'm stuck between MN9, Catalyst & Far Cry Primal.

What should I get?
As a huge fan of the first ME I think MEC is probably a decent buy at $24 (assuming GCU applies) but it's also not really a good game either. Like it hits a lot of the gameplay notes that made ME so great when you're in the story missions but the story itself and the open world are almost completely flat in comparison and that makes up way too much of the time with the game. So there's fun to be had there but it will continue to drop at $25 is the max I would pay for it.

If it was me though Primal seems more intriguing at this point and that it over delivered on low expectations instead of under delivering on high expectations.

Maybe I'll finally get Lego Dimensions and Borderland: the Handsome Jack Collection.  Got most of the 5 Bellow Lego Dimension minifigs.  Also, Might No. 9 looks like a decent price.

That is true and I would have to check how I have it set up exactly settings wise because I can't remember off the top of my head. I think I got lazy instead of switching picture modes and just left it on whatever settings I use for normal watching after a couple weeks. So based on the new table on the Rtings review I'm probably around 95 ms instead of the most optimal 19 ms. I don't play fighters these days so whatever FPS I may occasionally play is probably the most precise thing thing but again I can't say that even playing at the higher lag time that it's caused any noticeable issue.

TLDR I'm lazy and leave my settings and mode the same and life goes on.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fighting game fan either, I got SF5 because I used to play SF2 in college and wanted to try out fighting games again. Haven't played it much, but it is a great game (as are most fighting games) to judge responsiveness and lag. I'm not a videophile, so my idea of "configuring" my TV is to turn on the XBox One calibration stuff and setting it to that then repeating the settings for all the inputs. The main big thing you want to have set up is dot by dot mode to ensure your TV is not adjusting the image to resize it. With that on you can see all the way to the edge of the viewable display.

who cares. I got a deal.

All you do is shitpost the threads I read.
darryl%20strawberry%20simpsons_tcm853-233479.jpg

bread's done
Back