Best Buy 50th Anniversary sale starts 8/18 @ 10 p.m. CDT

donny2112

CAGiversary!
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/18/12532270/best-buy-discounts-50-anniversary

Best Buy celebrates 50th anniversary with MacBook Pro, iPhone, and PS4 deals

Best Buy is celebrating its 50th anniversary by launching 50 deals available for 50 hours. Discounts include $150 off select MacBook Pro laptops, $400 off a 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD TV, and $180 off Beats Studio Wireless On-Ear headphones. The deals go live in Best Buy's retail stores and online from 10PM CT today, with the discounts ending this Saturday at 11.59PM CT. (Best Buy's actual 50th anniversary is Monday, August 22nd.)

Here are some of the other deals, available while stocks last.

• Save an extra $150 on the MacBook Pro with Best Buy's student deals program (a total saving of $300)
  • Save up to 70 percent on LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and Amiibo products
  • Save $50 on Garmin's Vivosmart HR activity tracker
  • Buy a PS4 Call of Duty bundle and get Destiny and two other games of your choice for free
  • Get a $50 gift card with purchase of a Swagtron T1 self-balancing hoverboard (online only)
  • Get an iPhone 6S from $1 or an iPhone 6S Plus from $99.99 with a two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (saving $200)
  • Get a $200 gift card with purchase of iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
Gaming-wise, toys-to-life figures will be on sale up to 70%, and PS4 BlOps3 bundle+Destiny+2 pick-your-own-games, probably for MSRP of the BlOps3 bundle. We'll see once the sale starts tonight at 10 p.m. CDT. This post is a Wiki, so feel free to update it with the deals as they come in. ;)

Edit:

May be able to combine with the $10 off $100 with VISA checkout promotion going on, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much for me, grabbed Ass Creed Syndicate for PS4 to throw in the backlog since I am thinking that is probably the lowest or close to the lowest it will get after GCU discount. Maybe they will have more deals Monday since that is the actual anniversary date.

I expected better deals to hit $100 for the $10 off Visa Checkout but all I want is both Uncharteds for $56. Now I don't know

They could at least unleash preorders of the NES Classic for $50 in celebration of the 50 year anniversary...no chance in hell, I know.

They could at least unleash preorders of the NES Classic for $50 in celebration of the 50 year anniversary...no chance in hell, I know.
Let's see what Vince has to say

vince-mcmahon-o.gif

So, is this sale making people cry like an anime fan on prom night? 
(Haven't decided on Mighty No 9, and there might be some legos, but that's kinda looking like it.)

I had to own it eventually. Picked up Battlefront Deluxe, as well as Dragon Quest both for PS4. Now it's time to get started on the backlog.

Grabbed Witcher 3 (pc) for $16 & change after GCU + a $5 RZ cert I had. Resisted picking up more Lego packs that I'd just put in my closet unopened. ;)

I had $5 in rewards so I grabbed Mighty No. 9 for PS4, Figured for $7 and some change I'd give it a shot and if it ever comes out I will also get the Vita version! 

Grabbed Battlefront Deluxe for 6.49 after a $10 dollar cert and GCU discount. It's certainly worth that price lol. I want to get the $60 steelbook edition of Uncharted 4 but I feel like the price will drop later on in the year, if not Black friday. Some of the amiibo's are tempting but I kinda stopped collecting them after Nintendo didn't restock for the 3rd or 4th time. Pretty decent sale, imo. 

Thinking about picking up a few ps4 exclusives, I'll be in the market for a ps4 Black Friday- looking at until dawn, last of us, and the order for $35ish - good deal?

Thinking about picking up a few ps4 exclusives, I'll be in the market for a ps4 Black Friday- looking at until dawn, last of us, and the order for $35ish - good deal?
Meh Skip The Order imo, its been 5 on PSN before prob will be again, its only like a 6 hr game with literally no replay value, Until Dawn and Last of Us are amazing pickups at those prices though.

I am interested in the LEGO Starter pack but then I see all the add-on packs and I just can't.

Back to the Future Level Pack is showing as $5.99 before GCU, unfortunately "shipping not available" - "check stores"...none within 250 miles

Also good to mention if you plan on getting PS VR, you get the Rogue One X-Wing VR mission free with Battlefront. I'm not interested in playing battlefront, but I love me some X-Wing, so I'm in at $16

Unless you want an easy 100% Platinum Trophy achievement you can skip The Order 1886 it only takes a few hours to beat and a few more hours to get all the achievements.

I tried adding all the lego dimensions packs and the PS4 starter, but you can only have 24 items in your cart. Either way I think it comes down to $254.69 to grab all items... fuck

I have a $5 reward certificate and haven't played Fallout 4 or Witcher 3. I'm tempted to pick one of the two up for $15 but I haven't finished Fallout 3 and am not anxious about F4. I REALLY want to play Witcher but I imagine it be better to wait for the GOTY?

Might pick up the Acer H6 Monitor they have for $95 shipped.

I need a cheap monitor to alternate my 4k TV as a 2nd screen option.

No point in browsing at 60"  :whistle2:

Edit: Used the Visa Checkout to add a few Amiibos as well  :D/

Grabbed Battlefront Deluxe for 6.49 after a $10 dollar cert and GCU discount. It's certainly worth that price lol. I want to get the $60 steelbook edition of Uncharted 4 but I feel like the price will drop later on in the year, if not Black friday. Some of the amiibo's are tempting but I kinda stopped collecting them after Nintendo didn't restock for the 3rd or 4th time. Pretty decent sale, imo.
I want to get the collectors edition of Uncharted 4 and still haven't played the game since I've been waiting for a price drop. Hopefully it goes down to at least 70 before gcu around black friday. It will most likely be cheaper at amazon before bestbuy tthough but I just hope it doesn't get discontinued at bestbuy any time soon

I have a $5 reward certificate and haven't played Fallout 4 or Witcher 3. I'm tempted to pick one of the two up for $15 but I haven't finished Fallout 3 and am not anxious about F4. I REALLY want to play Witcher but I imagine it be better to wait for the GOTY?
I would order the Witcher GOTY and combine it with a game you're interested in pre-ordering and use the VISA checkout promo.

Grabbed mighty no 9 through a price match through dell using this sale.  I had to let strong arm them since it comes with a $15 gift card, i just told them no :)

Tempted to get battlefront, but Im thinking the price will easily drop further by Black Friday. I'm only really interested in the new offline play so I'll probably wait.

I want to get the collectors edition of Uncharted 4 and still haven't played the game since I've been waiting for a price drop. Hopefully it goes down to at least 70 before gcu around black friday. It will most likely be cheaper at amazon before bestbuy tthough but I just hope it doesn't get discontinued at bestbuy any time soon
As long as you don't mean ON Black Friday. Remember they changed it where Gcu won't apply to Black Friday deals.

I'm tempted to get Deluxe Battlefront but I am thinking a version with all the DLC is right around the corner so it might be better to hold off.  I am also waiting for the ultimate edition of Fallout 4.

Uncharted 4 is $31.99 right now with GCU. GCU no longer applies for Black Friday. Any chance it'll be less than $30 come Black Friday now to make up for it?

bread's done
Back