Best Buy 50th Anniversary sale starts 8/18 @ 10 p.m. CDT

donny2112

CAGiversary!
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/18/12532270/best-buy-discounts-50-anniversary

Best Buy celebrates 50th anniversary with MacBook Pro, iPhone, and PS4 deals

Best Buy is celebrating its 50th anniversary by launching 50 deals available for 50 hours. Discounts include $150 off select MacBook Pro laptops, $400 off a 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD TV, and $180 off Beats Studio Wireless On-Ear headphones. The deals go live in Best Buy's retail stores and online from 10PM CT today, with the discounts ending this Saturday at 11.59PM CT. (Best Buy's actual 50th anniversary is Monday, August 22nd.)

Here are some of the other deals, available while stocks last.

• Save an extra $150 on the MacBook Pro with Best Buy's student deals program (a total saving of $300)
  • Save up to 70 percent on LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and Amiibo products
  • Save $50 on Garmin's Vivosmart HR activity tracker
  • Buy a PS4 Call of Duty bundle and get Destiny and two other games of your choice for free
  • Get a $50 gift card with purchase of a Swagtron T1 self-balancing hoverboard (online only)
  • Get an iPhone 6S from $1 or an iPhone 6S Plus from $99.99 with a two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (saving $200)
  • Get a $200 gift card with purchase of iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
Gaming-wise, toys-to-life figures will be on sale up to 70%, and PS4 BlOps3 bundle+Destiny+2 pick-your-own-games, probably for MSRP of the BlOps3 bundle. We'll see once the sale starts tonight at 10 p.m. CDT. This post is a Wiki, so feel free to update it with the deals as they come in. ;)

Edit:

May be able to combine with the $10 off $100 with VISA checkout promotion going on, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
are those games prices before or after GCU?
Neither before, nor after, but during.

I'm sure GCU won't apply to this sale either. ;)
We haven't had a "Black Friday" sale in August yet, so I think this may be it.

And spyder, you need to calm yourself down and type an adult reply with proper spelling/grammar/punctuation/wording/capitalization if you're going to conduct an internet argument. There are rules rulez. I say this with as #muchlove as I can muster. O:)

The PS4 deal is pretty good, too bad I just used the 10% cartwheel promo to get one at Target...

Nothing else is all that good, some decent stuff just not any showstoppers. Guess it was too much to wish for a deal on No Man's Sky? I remember the days when places would put stuff on sale in the following weeks after it was released...
You mean when there was competition and there were three or four chains of electronics focused retailer in every state?

You mean when there was competition and there were three or four chains of electronics focused retailer in every state?
Sigh...don't remind me of the good old days when Circuit City was trying to do everything to stay in business! $9.99 clearance sales (of actual good games), launch day gift cards, launch day sales...sigh.

Jsweeny are you a fucking moron. Your one to talk about moral high ground when your one of those Pc Master race people. Btw i have a gaming comp. Xboxone. And ps4 so dont give me that bs argument. As for No mans sky the people are the ones who gave that game morw features then it had not hello games. No mans sky is an amazing accomplishment for a game made by a team of fucking 12 people. You obviously know nothing of game design and creation and the thousands upon thousands of hours it takes to make a game. But your gonna say its all developers faults and there should be no patches or dlc. Your an idiot. It costs money to keep supporting games after launch. Games used to be 80-90 bucks back in the snes days yet people bitch about 60 dollar games with budgets for triple A games in the 100s of millions of dollars. SMFH. As for Gcu i dont see very many other companies offering compareable savings of gcu. Amazon is only one close and theirs is only new games and preorders not all games. So jsweeny go kill yourself kthx
Is u gud?

Chandler bong sorry for upsetting the grammar nazi. Lol in all seriousness im at work on my phone and i have big hands. Not easiest to use correct grammar and punctuation on phone all the time. However, I get your point. 😄

I'll probably bite on Witcher 3 for PC at that price. Built my gaming rig back up recently and need something good to play on it.
I'm playing thru the DLC right now on my new rig with a 1070 at a steady 40fps @4k. It's very worth the time.

Chandler bong sorry for upsetting the grammar nazi. Lol in all seriousness im at work on my phone and i have big hands. Not easiest to use correct grammar and punctuation on phone all the time. However, I get your point.
We prefer the term Grammar Police. :D

IMG_1399-e1440438276607.jpg

Jsweeny are you a fucking moron. Your one to talk about moral high ground when your one of those Pc Master race people. Btw i have a gaming comp. Xboxone. And ps4 so dont give me that bs argument. As for No mans sky the people are the ones who gave that game morw features then it had not hello games. No mans sky is an amazing accomplishment for a game made by a team of fucking 12 people. You obviously know nothing of game design and creation and the thousands upon thousands of hours it takes to make a game. But your gonna say its all developers faults and there should be no patches or dlc. Your an idiot. It costs money to keep supporting games after launch. Games used to be 80-90 bucks back in the snes days yet people bitch about 60 dollar games with budgets for triple A games in the 100s of millions of dollars. SMFH. As for Gcu i dont see very many other companies offering compareable savings of gcu. Amazon is only one close and theirs is only new games and preorders not all games. So jsweeny go kill yourself kthx
I agree with everything you said, but your delivery. Are you big mad or lil mad?

Neither before, nor after, but during.

We haven't had a "Black Friday" sale in August yet, so I think this may be it.

And spyder, you need to calm yourself down and type an adult reply with proper spelling/grammar/punctuation/wording/capitalization if you're going to conduct an internet argument. There are rules rulez. I say this with as #muchlove as I can muster. O:)
Well I hope they don't apply GCU prior to going to cart like they did in the Black Friday in July sale. That was crazy hard for some people to figure out.

Not much on the list of interest. I may pick up a copy of Rodea for Wii U and am tempted to check out Mighty No. 9 despite knowing it isn't good, but after following the game for so long it's something I'd like to play and for $12 I can stomach the price. Far Cry Primal and Mirrors Edge are also tempting, but I feel like both will be cheaper on BF and I honestly have no idea when I'd get around to playing them before then anyway.

I kinda wanna get ratchet and clank or gta v, but I sorta feel like until I finish bloodborne and witcher 3 that I should hold off.

Dammit, missed out on the $400 iPad Pro a couple weeks ago and was hoping they'd have another $100 off .edu coupon where I could get a 32gb for $400. 

Not really, unless you want the free PS3/Vita code that comes with it (but the Vita version still isn't out). I recommend getting the PC version when it's on sale, it's the definitive release.
You actually get the PS4 digital version as well with the code. You can redeem it then trade in the disk at Gamestop or next week with the Best Buy trade in bonus and you still have the digital version. Not sure why they did that.

And the game isn't bad, it is actually kind of fun. Just don't go in expecting Megaman. Oh, and the difficulty curve has some weird spikes on some levels.

I wish I could grab one of those new still. Old school gaming at it's best there.
You're buying childhood nostalgia, certainly not quality.

How 'bout going the cheaper route and just buying adult-sized Spider-Man underwear?

are the wiki just predictions?

battlefront deluxe is listed as 39.99 on the wiki, but it's already 29.99 on BB

If the wiki is right I am in for Uncharted 4 if GCU applies which would make it 32 dollars. That is near my 30 dollar price point and I am just finishing up the Nathan Drake Collection.

That P50 is real nice, I got it when it was $800. Recent firmware update added the promised HDR10 support too.
wow thanks I didn't think it went on sale yet and couldn't find any past deals. Was it at Best Buy?

I'd normally stay away from vizio but you can't ignore all the reviews out there. It seems to be the best HDR 10 TV that you can get for 1,000 (not too mention the dolby vision as well which I haven't seen any TV have both in the same price range). Been telling myself I'm a wait till it drops to 800 and if it has already maybe sooner than later :D

wow thanks I didn't think it went on sale yet and couldn't find any past deals. Was it at Best Buy?

I'd normally stay away from vizio but you can't ignore all the reviews out there. It seems to be the best HDR 10 TV that you can get for 1,000 (not too mention the dolby vision as well which I haven't seen any TV have both in the same price range). Been telling myself I'm a wait till it drops to 800 and if it has already maybe sooner than later :D
Yeah it was around Memorial Day at BBY, I think around a couple weeks after they came out. About the only knock on it is that it doesn't do 1080@120 but about the only sets that do that in that price range are the comparable Sonys but the Vizio seems to be better all around. Other than still not believing I spent that much I have no complaints and have been happy with Vizio delivering the promised updates and support.

I guess now is the perfect time to pick up Uncharted 4 and the ND Collection! I just wonder if any amiibo are gonna be on sale

bread's done
Back