• :xb1: :ps4: FIFA 19 $39.99 Save $20
  • :xb1: :ps4: NBA 2K19 $39.99 Save $20
  • :xb1: :ps4: Overwatch $29.99 Save $30
  • :xb1: Forza Horizon 4 $39.99 Save $20
  • :ps4: Marvel's Spider-Man $39.99 Save $20
  • Buy one, get one 50% off select 3DS games
  • Save $10 on select digital Nintendo Switch games
Everything Else:

• Microsoft Xbox One X 1TB Gold Rush Special Edition Battlefield V Bundle $449.99 Save $50
    Free Controller with purchase of a Microsoft Xbox One X Battlefield V Bundle

[*]Save $50 on select Xbox One Consoles
[*]Nintendo Pro Controller for Switch $59.99 Save $10
[*]DualShock 4 Wireless Controller - Magma Red $59.99 Save $5
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• The Equalizer 2 $19.99 Save $5
  • The Equalizer 2 4K $27.99 Save $2
  • The Equalizer 2 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $32.99 Save $2
  • Peppermint $22.99
  • River Runs Red 4K $19.99
  • Smallfoot $24.99
  • Unbroken: Path to Redemption $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
If they fixed the GCU applying to the 50% off game before, do you recall if it was that day or later in the week?

The past few times, didn't it add GCU in store only, but not online? But then no $2 instore pickup discount, so almost a wash.

In the past they eventually fixed it, I think, so I may hold off for now.
Yeah, last year, if I remember correctly, when the sale first started GCU did not come off the 2nd game. In store, however, was different as GCU came off both games. This was eventually fixed in the online portion of the sale. I guess we'll see if that holds true again this year.

I never know when to buy 3DS games. I could hold out for $20 on the remaining games I don't have, but they might sell out before that happens. Hmm.

This seems to be working on non-Nintendo games as well. Etrian V and Jake Hunter both worked for the buy one get one half off.

Well I was intending to get 2 copies of Warioware (one for me, one for my nice) but your only can buy one at a time unless you have a business account. I ended up with Warioware and OoT (for my niece) which is okay but not ideal. Oh well Christmas is done for her now.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

Well I was intending to get 2 copies of Warioware (one for me, one for my nice) but your only can buy one at a time unless you have a business account. I ended up with Warioware and OoT (for my niece) which is okay but not ideal. Oh well Christmas is done for her now.
“He who throws dirt loses ground.”
Hmmm, it let me buy Minecraft x2. Grabbed one for my daughter and nephew, did store pickup for an extra $2 off.

Can anyone confirm that they are receiving the GCU discount on the 2nd 3DS game when purchased at the store?

Is it all 3ds games or just Nintendo ones?

Edit: nevermind, from OP "Buy one, get one 50% off select 3DS games (Nintendo Published)"

Tried on Pocket Card Jockey and Pushmo, both published by Nintendo and it doesn't seem to be taking off. I guess maybe only works of physical games.

Would be nice if they fixed this, I won't be trekking across town in the snow for a few extra dollars.

I really only want Luigi's Mansion, but have been thinking about selling off my Wii U....so Wooly World is kinda enticing.

Would like Pikmin, but I hear the framerate is atrocious on a standard 3DS.

I’m contemplating Kirby Star Allies digital for $50, but knowing it was $40 physical on Black Friday, I can’t pull the trigger.

Would be nice if they fixed this, I won't be trekking across town in the snow for a few extra dollars.

I really only want Luigi's Mansion, but have been thinking about selling off my Wii U....so Wooly World is kinda enticing.

Would like Pikmin, but I hear the framerate is atrocious on a standard 3DS.
Same here. I was wanting Luigi's Mansion and Warioware, but if they don't fix it, I just won't be getting them this time around I guess. :\

I’m contemplating Kirby Star Allies digital for $50, but knowing it was $40 physical on Black Friday, I can’t pull the trigger.
I had the same conflict with Octopath, though it's been on sale less often than Kirby. I ended up buying it from Best Buy digitally for the $50 price using a Best buy gift card I bought via Samsung Pay for $45, and got the full 300 points.

Me think it’s time to get spidey. Since my gcu is until March 2020 I want to get the most of it possible

Anyone else wonder if it will be replaced with another program when there isn’t anyone left using gcu ?

Question... the battlefield V steelbook i received from them in the mail is pretty smash up.  Any chance i can go to the store for an exchange?

That's pretty awful considering the MK8 bundle was $50 less by itself. The wireless wheels were $5 on clearance at Target if you can still find them. $45 overpriced, at least.

That's pretty awful considering the MK8 bundle was $50 less by itself. The wireless wheels were $5 on clearance at Target if you can still find them. $45 overpriced, at least.
That was a Black Friday deal only. That is like comparing ANY current PS4 deal to the Wal-Mart Cyber Monday deal of the PS slim 1 TB, RDR2 and an extra controller for $199 and calling it overpriced. That Black Friday deal is gone for now and probably will not come back.

Need deals on Switch games asap! Only got the Mario Kart that came w the console lol
Best bet for first party stuff is to get on a b2g1 free sale. If you don't mind used Gamestop has them pretty frequently and a lot of older Switch games like Breath of the Wild are likely to be in used.

That was a Black Friday deal only. That is like comparing ANY current PS4 deal to the Wal-Mart Cyber Monday deal of the PS slim 1 TB, RDR2 and an extra controller for $199 and calling it overpriced. That Black Friday deal is gone for now and probably will not come back.
OK, if you want to play that game Switch is frequently $40 off at google express, MK8 can be had for $50 almost daily ($48 straight up if you have GCU), and again the joy-con wheels have been clearanced to $5 at Target. Again, this is a shit deal.

Need deals on Switch games asap! Only got the Mario Kart that came w the console lol
When I got my Switch I was glad I had GCU still with that said I either buy on Google Express via Target, Walmart, or Best Buy and use the “new” customer promo codes floating around. Just heads no price matching on Google Express orders but you can return Target or Best Buy orders in store according to Google Express CSR. I had a friend just get a Switch for Super Smash Bros Ultimate and I have let him borrow a game at a time since Switch games are kinda expensive. Maybe ask a friend with a Switch to borrow a game. I personally don’t see a buy 2 get 1 free on Switch games this year since the Switch is selling pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best bet for first party stuff is to get on a b2g1 free sale. If you don't mind used Gamestop has them pretty frequently and a lot of older Switch games like Breath of the Wild are likely to be in used.
Yes I was thinking that. But games like Pokemon and Smash bros aren't available used yet. Would love to get those 2 and Mario Odyssey. But at this point GCU seems like the best option, and I have a few certificates laying around so thats good I guess!

OK, if you want to play that game Switch is frequently $40 off at google express, MK8 can be had for $50 almost daily ($48 straight up if you have GCU), and again the joy-con wheels have been clearanced to $5 at Target. Again, this is a shit deal.
It isn’t a “play that game” when trying to use a dead deal as a comparison.

If you want to use google express which gives 20% off, max $20 now making the switch $280, then use it as an example. Don’t try to use a BF deal that is dead. From what I can see, a lot of people have lost their GCU and I haven’t seen MK8 on sale a lot either. If you want to show someone where to get the deal at where they can save over Best Buy’s advertised price, awesome.

If you want to show someone where to get the deal at where they can save over Best Buy’s advertised price, awesome.
The point is where there is a proven record for a better deal, moving on something that pales in comparison is a poor decision. Illuminating past deals to educate potential buyers will encourage them to wait for something better, which they're thankful for (myself included). And oh look, a Switch deal a million times better just popped up at Belk.

Defending bad deals just because it's available and ignoring past experience is stupid.

The point is where there is a proven record for a better deal, moving on something that pales in comparison is a poor decision. Illuminating past deals to educate potential buyers will encourage them to wait for something better, which they're thankful for (myself included). And oh look, a Switch deal a million times better just popped up at Belk.

Defending bad deals just because it's available and ignoring past experience is stupid.
There is a proven record for a better Switch deal only this BF to now so far, along with almost every Nintendo console deal I have ever seen being around a BF deal. I went to Belk’s website to check it out and the Switch is out of stock. Also, Belk isn’t a common store. I know as I don’t have one close by but have shopped at one.

Justifying BF deals as run of the mill deals and ignoring this from the past is stupid.

Every other Switch deal has basically been the cost of the console plus the stuff inside it. I bought the Pokémon bundle for someone. If I remember correctly, the Splatoon 2, Smash Brothers and Diablo bundles were the cost of Switch plus games included if not really close to it.

It is a decent deal, not the greatest. Have there been better? Yes. Outside of this BF to now? I haven’t seen any Switch deals outside of this BF to now. (I saw one with the Belk deal you mentioned, but it was gone quick.). I don’t know how people are supposed to rely on some random deal that rarely happens and will be some place people haven’t really heard about. Even on Reddit someone asked if Belk was a safe site.

This is why I bought two MK8 Switch bundles this holiday season (I got three Switch bundles actually, Pokemon bundle and 2 MK8). I know Nintendo hates to discount their hardware and software even the slightest bit.

The Pokémon bundle is the cost of the Switch plus the game package inside. The only added benefit was the decals. I couldn’t find an Eevee bundle, so I settled on an MK8 one.

This looks like a good deal for anyone in the UK, Switch with MK8 and Smash:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/nintendo-switch-mario-kart-8-super-smash-bros-bundle-10188834-pdt.html?awc=1599_1544469458_6756d830edfe90e7e31a9d1c81c99c48&srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~Skimlinks~Sub%20Networks~78888&awid=78888

Another UK deal (MK8, Mario Odyssey and Smash):

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/nintendo-switch-mario-kart-8-super-mario-odyssey-super-smash-bros-bundle-10188835-pdt.html?awc=1599_1544470899_e9142629ee2ab65b2eaac4d21a9e24c9&srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~Skimlinks~Sub%20Networks~78888&awid=78888

Wal-Mart with Mario Tennis Aces and 1-2 Switch (1-2 Switch doesn't look like my thing, but some people may like it)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-System-Neon-Blue-Neon-Red-with-Mario-Tennis-Aces-1-2-Switch-HACSKABW1/689961896?u1=595238e6-bc57-4f0f-ba42-542c6a4cf974&oid=623507.1&wmlspartner=oelFIBIMgTk&sourceid=10796213231855390695&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Since BB hasn't changed the GCU on 3DS games, I'm guessing that's the intended behavior. I hope they don't change it in-store. I'll find out tomorrow.

Looks like there's a glitch now.  $20 + $16 for 2 normally $40 games (with GCU).

Looks like there's a glitch now. $20 + $16 for 2 normally $40 games (with GCU).
Placed an order for Detective Pikachu and Metroid: Samus Returns since those don't seem to go on sale much. Swapped to store pickup for an extra $2 off. Two for less than the price of one, thanks!

Lol, placed two separate orders for the games now for an even lower total and just got the notification that my original order is ready for pickup! GG.

bread's done
Back