Best Buy Ad 3/13-3/19: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all pre-owned games

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases (Available Tuesday):

• :xb1: :ps4: UFC 2 $59.99
  • :xb1: :ps4: UFC 2 Deluxe Edition $69.99
    Save 50% on a select EA Sports title with purchase of UFC 2 (FIFA 16, Madden NFL 16, NHL 16, or Rory McIlroy PGA Tour)

[*]Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds Playset $19.99 Save $10
[*]Disney Infinity 3.0 Boba Fett, Black Panther or Ant-Man $13.99 each
[*]Lego Dimensions Level Pack - Midway Arcade $19.99 Save $10
[*]Lego Dimensions Fun Packs - Ghostbusters: Stay Puft, DC Comics: Superman, or DC Comics: Aquaman $7.49 each Save $7.50
New Releases (Available Friday):

• :wiiu: Pokkén Tournament $59.99 (Includes 1 amiibo card)
  • amiibo Figures - Ryu, R.O.B. Famicom Colors, Rover, Kapp'n, Digby, Lottie, or Timmy & Tommy $12.99 each
  • amiibo Animal Crossing Cards - Series 3 $5.99
Games:

• :xb1: :ps4: :wiiu: Lego Dimensions Starter Pack $59.99 Save $40
  • :360: :ps3: Lego Dimensions Starter Pack $49.99 Save $50
  • :xb1: :ps4: :wiiu: :360: :ps3: Skylanders SuperChargers $29.99 Save $30
  • :xb1: :ps4: :wiiu: :360: :ps3: Guitar Hero Live Bundle $49.99 Save $50
  • :wiiu: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze $19.99
  • :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World $19.99
  • :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D $19.99
  • :3ds: Donkey Kong Country 3D $19.99
Consoles:

• Xbox One & Lenovo Flex 3 11 2-in1 Laptop Bundle $499.99 Save $200
    Includes Xbox One 500GB Name Your Game Bundle and Lenovo Flex 3 11 Laptop (Sku 4456600)

[*]Xbox One & Lenovo 17" Laptop Bundle $549.99 Save $200
  • Includes Xbox One 500GB Name Your Game Bundle and Lenovo G70-80 17.3" Laptop (Sku 4914701)

[*]Xbox One 1TB Tom Clancy's The Division Bundle $399.99
[*]Wii U 32GB Console Mario Kart 8 Bundle $299.99
Everything Else:

• Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all pre-owned games
  • Buy 1 Get the 2nd Free on Skylanders SuperChargers single toys
  • Free Grand Theft Auto V + $20 Great White Shark cash card with purchase of any Xbox One console
  • Pre-order Bravely Second: End Layer at Best Buy to receive the Gathelatio Bonus Set (Available 4/15/16)
  • :xb1: :ps4: Afterglow LVL 5+ Stereo Headset $49.99 Save $10
  • :xb1: :ps4: AG 9 Wireless Stereo Sound Over-the-Ear Gaming Headset $79.99 Save $20
New Release Blu-ray (Available Tuesday):

• Game of Thrones Season Five $34.99
  • Game of Thrones Season Five Only@
    iconbestbuy.gif
    Martell Sigil Packaging $37.99
  • Game of Thrones Season Five Only@
    iconbestbuy.gif
    Targaryen Sigil Packaging $37.99
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip $19.99
  • The Big Short $19.99
  • Brooklyn $19.99
  • Carol $17.99
  • Sisters $22.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

I understand that you would like to add a free game from a current promotion to a past purchase of yours.

As much as I would like to help you we have no way of adding a current promotion's free game to your past purchase.

We appreciate your loyalty for being a My Best Buy member. For any other concerns please visit our Help Center at www.bestbuy.com .

I understand that you would like to add a free game from a current promotion to a past purchase of yours.
I got a reply saying that gta v is packaged inside the xbox box, so the only way to get this promotion would be to exchange my xbox for a new one this week with gta packaged inside already.

but the GHTV basically has every song on earth...
Well, given that they list 339 songs on their site, and I have 611 artists and over 7,000 songs in my library...I'm going to disagree there. But, since I haven't checked it recently, I will now scroll through all 339 tracks and tally the number of ones I'd actually like.

The answer? 2.

There are probably a dozen that are listenable things that I wouldn't mind playing (like Megadeth and ZZ Top), but it's just STUFFED with insufferable garbage like Carrie Underwood, Def Leppard, and Fall Out Boy.

My disinterest in this really comes from the fact I stopped listening to the radio a decade ago, and I'm nowhere near interested in mainstream music. The tracks are too far removed from what I might have had passing knowledge of as a kid, so it's now new stuff I hate or never heard and classic stuff I never cared for.

As much as I would like to help you we have no way of adding a current promotion's free game to your past purchase.

We appreciate your loyalty for being a My Best Buy member. For any other concerns please visit our Help Center at www.bestbuy.com .

I got a reply saying that gta v is packaged inside the xbox box, so the only way to get this promotion would be to exchange my xbox for a new one this week with gta packaged inside already.
I dont know if the Elite Status has anything to do with it but I got a favorable response from them:

Hi ******

I understand your concern about our promotion for XBOX bundle. I can definitely check it for you.

The said promotion was our weekly deal running March 13 - 19. I'm afraid that the store cannot provide you that free bundle game Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox One since this is another kind of promotion. Not to worry Mr. *****, for being an elite member I can offer a $60 gift card compensation for the said promotion. I have offered you a gift card instead since I cannot ship it. The value of the said giftcard is the same as the game. I hope this is amicable to you. Kindly confirm if this is fine with you. We will be waiting for your correct ship to address.

For any other concerns, you may visit our Help Center at www.bestbuy.com.

We appreciate your loyalty as a My Best Buy.

Sincerely,

Melly
Best Buy Customer Care
Reference ID: **********

Don't know if I just got a really good rep to take care of it or if the Elite part of it helps, but I will enjoy that $60 GC

This glitch bundle has been awesome to me, sold the Laptop for $300 (what I paid for the whole thing) so ended up with a free XBOX One and they "paying" me with a $50 GC and now a $60 GC

I dont know if the Elite Status has anything to do with it but I got a favorable response from them:

Hi ******

I understand your concern about our promotion for XBOX bundle. I can definitely check it for you.

The said promotion was our weekly deal running March 13 - 19. I'm afraid that the store cannot provide you that free bundle game Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox One since this is another kind of promotion. Not to worry Mr. *****, for being an elite member I can offer a $60 gift card compensation for the said promotion. I have offered you a gift card instead since I cannot ship it. The value of the said giftcard is the same as the game. I hope this is amicable to you. Kindly confirm if this is fine with you. We will be waiting for your correct ship to address.

Sincerely,

Melly
Best Buy Customer Care

Don't know if I just got a really good rep to take care of it or if the Elite part of it helps, but I will enjoy that $60 GC

This glitch bundle has been awesome to me, sold the Laptop for $300 (what I paid for the whole thing) so ended up with a free XBOX One and they "paying" me with a $50 GC and now a $60 GC
I am an elite member as well. No $60 gift card(i got the $50)...BB told me to reordered the bundle and i am still waiting for my "missing" xb1, two weeks past after exchanging couples useless emails with "Best"Buy. :oldman: :oldman: i am going to dispute the charge if i dont get my xb1 by end of march :twoguns:

Ordered 3 pre-owned games Last Wednesday Night to get the games before they start disappearing. I would do a return/rebuy for the B2G1. The estimation said it'll be here Tuesday (yesterday). 

I looked at the new estimate today and it said it'll be here Saturday (19th) cutting it close. :wall:

and i'm an Elite Member.  fuck Best Buy.

Well, given that they list 339 songs on their site, and I have 611 artists and over 7,000 songs in my library...I'm going to disagree there. But, since I haven't checked it recently, I will now scroll through all 339 tracks and tally the number of ones I'd actually like.

The answer? 2.

There are probably a dozen that are listenable things that I wouldn't mind playing (like Megadeth and ZZ Top), but it's just STUFFED with insufferable garbage like Carrie Underwood, Def Leppard, and Fall Out Boy.

My disinterest in this really comes from the fact I stopped listening to the radio a decade ago, and I'm nowhere near interested in mainstream music. The tracks are too far removed from what I might have had passing knowledge of as a kid, so it's now new stuff I hate or never heard and classic stuff I never cared for.
You sound like a fun guy to be around.

The answer? 2.

lol i actually like most of the pop songs in this game. but yeah, im not a big fan of CU either (literally lol'ed when i read that).

Ordered 3 pre-owned games Last Wednesday Night to get the games before they start disappearing. I would do a return/rebuy for the B2G1. The estimation said it'll be here Tuesday (yesterday).

I looked at the new estimate today and it said it'll be here Saturday (19th) cutting it close. :wall:

and i'm an Elite Member. fuck Best Buy.
Call BBY customer service. That's what I did on Sunday before receiving the games.

So I missed out, but what was the glitch XB1 bundle that I keep hearing about?

Btw, being an Elite member is awesome. The customer service I've received is top notch.

Btw, being an Elite member is awesome. The customer service I've received is top notch.
Xbox One + Laptop + $50 Gift Card for $298. Mispriced for about an hour the night the bundle went live.

They use slow shipping. I just got the Division yesterday that I preordered a few days before it came out. Must be using horseback to ship some stuff cheaply.

if i am besbuy elite member, i will automatic put to elite member line when i call 1-800-best-buy?

I ordered 2 sets of B2G1 games Sunday morning and they're getting delivered tomorrow. Do Elite members get free expedited shipping like ELITE plus members?

lol i actually like most of the pop songs in this game. but yeah, im not a big fan of CU either (literally lol'ed when i read that).
Indeed. There's some that's kind of whatever, there's a lot I flat-out can't stand, and then there's a chunk I just don't know. However, I know what I like, and I know it's not especially popular, and that it's very unlikely to end up on these games. RB4 is a better bet because of song BC, but it ends up being that I don't especially love the thought of dropping $50+ to occasionally be entertained, while mostly thinking "man, is this song almost over?"

I ordered 2 sets of B2G1 games Sunday morning and they're getting delivered tomorrow. Do Elite members get
free expedited shipping like ELITE plus members?
It depends on what, I get expedited on most things, I've only ever had standard shipping when I bought used games.

I'm just Elite btw.

So, I bit on an Xbox One with the extras.  Now that I've gotten rid of GTAV (Have it on PS4 and PC already), the heck am I supposed to do with this $20 Shark Card?

Also need a cheap deal on Gold.  Any ideas?

Hi ******

Sincerely,

Melly
Best Buy Customer Care

Elite+ here and no go for me, so I imagine it's just luck of the draw with who handles the ticket.

So, I bit on an Xbox One with the extras. Now that I've gotten rid of GTAV (Have it on PS4 and PC already), the heck am I supposed to do with this $20 Shark Card?

Also need a cheap deal on Gold. Any ideas?
Try craigslist. Target just had 12 month gold card for $18 as an accidental online clearance price. There are a bunch of physical cards locally around me for $30-$40, you can probably talk down to at least $30. I would also apply it on my phone in front of the seller, in case they just stole some unactivated cards. Or try here on CAG, people got in on the target sale here. I only got two that I'm gonna use myself, or I'd hook you up

I chose in-store pick-up for some b2g1 games. Ordered on Sunday morning, anticipated pick-up ready date of today. Is there a way I can see how close the shipping is to my store, or is it just a mystery? I don't see a tracking number or estimated date anymore.

Generally speaking, how much time is there between a game's release and used copies being available?  I'm guessing something like Twilight Princess HD or the Nintendo Selects line are too new to have used copies sitting around.

Generally speaking, how much time is there between a game's release and used copies being available? I'm guessing something like Twilight Princess HD or the Nintendo Selects line are too new to have used copies sitting around.
Its usually at least 5 weeks. A lot of stores have to hold games for 30 days before sending them out due to state laws. I remember seeing Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection come in a little over a month after release but it likely came from a store that doesn't have to wait.

I assume it won't be included, but is there a chance that GTAV would be included with this Xbox I'm getting in the mail in a couple days because of an exchange I did. I ordered the incoming Xbox yesterday. When I was ordering it in store, the Shark Card appeared on the screen, which they made free.

Try craigslist. Target just had 12 month gold card for $18 as an accidental online clearance price. There are a bunch of physical cards locally around me for $30-$40, you can probably talk down to at least $30. I would also apply it on my phone in front of the seller, in case they just stole some unactivated cards. Or try here on CAG, people got in on the target sale here. I only got two that I'm gonna use myself, or I'd hook you up
Thanks. I saw the Target deal but had no need for it at the time. Kick myself now. Checked Craig's List and no dice. Ahh well, here's hoping we get a decent sale again soon. Thanks again.

Anybody else having problems trying to preorder Pokken Tournament? Says its not available for pick up within 250 miles. Shipping says it wont get here until next Thursday.

Anybody else having problems trying to preorder Pokken Tournament? Says its not available for pick up within 250 miles. Shipping says it wont get here until next Thursday.
Just pick it up in-store tomorrow. The Mew2 card is packaged inside from what I read. Is BB offering any other bonus?

Never fails. Buy something, couple days later, price drop. Guess I'll be back at Best Buy on Sunday to get $50 back on the Xbox One. Hopefully.

Got Zombie Army Trilogy XB1, Mad Max XB1 & One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 PS4. All complete in box luckily. Also got 2 copies of Lords of the Fallen PS4 & God of War 3 Remastered (all complete) then traded in both Lords disc only to GameStop for $11 cash making my copy of GOW 3 Remasterted about $7.

bread's done
Back