Best Buy: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Limited Edition (PS3, X360) $54.99

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Well they have to have three in-store for a web pickup so it probably is the same way to be picked from a store for shipping.
True the part that concern me is I know how they use the security spider on collector sets on a instore collector or limited edition set sometime smashing up the box damaging it that why I always did ship to home on that stuff now if they shipping from stores I'm wondering if getting damage ones might become a problem in the future?

So mine is still saying destination scan on ups website but says on time and set to deliver by the end of today. Should have been out for delivery already though. Really hope it comes today.

So mine is still saying destination scan on ups website but says on time and set to deliver by the end of today. Should have been out for delivery already though. Really hope it comes today.
i had the same message, when i first checked the tracking status the first time. it was just delivered 20 minutes ago. so don't worry. it should be deliver by the end of the day as it says. the box is huge, it looked it could fit 3 assasin creed iv black flag limited edition in it.

It will mine said the same thing this morning and didn't say nothing like out for delivery or nothing like my other packages did yet it was still delivered anyhow today

I just received mine and it was well padded inside a pretty big UPS box but the Statue shoe still got broken for some reason. Fortunately, it can be easily glue back together.

med_gallery_136739_8358_804797.jpg

i had the same message, when i first checked the tracking status the first time. it was just delivered 20 minutes ago. so don't worry. it should be deliver by the end of the day as it says. the box is huge, it looked it could fit 3 assasin creed iv black flag limited edition in it.
Cool thanks I'll have the wife keep an eye out for me since I'm at work

Got mine today, massive box, well packed except....there was a huge packing list taped to the dust cover on the box, the cardboard box was crushed in on one side, the seals on the top were lifted off, the interior cardboard box was mangled like someone went through it. The passport code and upgrade code worked though. the discs were perfect and the statue stuff was sealed...weird. disappointed in the condition though. Called and complained. They couldn't get me another one but we're willing to credit me $25 back on my card for the damage...All in all $43.99 - $25 back + $10 for PS3 to PS4 upgrade = $31.62 after tax for this...Will end up trading my PS4 copy for $36 this week also.

Got mine as well. Big box bubble wrap too. Had a tape on it saying it was opened to be inspected have no idea why though. Will trade in ps3 copy for $20 so paid $27 for the goods.

Got mine today, massive box, well packed except....there was a huge packing list taped to the dust cover on the box, the cardboard box was crushed in on one side, the seals on the top were lifted off, the interior cardboard box was mangled like someone went through it. The passport code and upgrade code worked though. the discs were perfect and the statue stuff was sealed...weird. disappointed in the condition though. Called and complained. They couldn't get me another one but we're willing to credit me $25 back on my card for the damage...All in all $43.99 - $25 back + $10 for PS3 to PS4 upgrade = $31.62 after tax for this...Will end up trading my PS4 copy for $36 this week also.
Who did you call? I'm curious about this rummaging through my box to inspect contents sticker.

Who did you call? I'm curious about this rummaging through my box to inspect contents sticker.
Look at the tape again.... USPS sometimes opens packages to inspect them and they'll reseal the package with tape that mentions they opened it.

However lately all my Best Buy boxes have come with tamper evident tape.

I highly doubt that 10+ of my last packages were all opened for inspection by UPS... it would make more sense that BB just used that tape to seal their packages. I removed this tape and didn't see any other tape underneath it

Got mine as well. Big box bubble wrap too. Had a tape on it saying it was opened to be inspected have no idea why though. Will trade in ps3 copy for $20 so paid $27 for the goods.
It's just generic Best Buy tape that all warehouse employee's use. No reason for worry or alarm. Best Buy doesn't allow stores to typically have plain tape out of protection for customers who could be deceived by a shady store resealing a packages. If it was your outside box and not the collectors edition you're fine.

Add me to the list of people that got the collectors edition shipped as just the package.

Add me to the list of people that got the collectors edition shipped as just the package.
That's crazy. I got a box 2-3x the size of the AC 4 LE; it was a little too short so the top pressed down on one side of the LE leaving a small indent.

Lately a lot of these CE's that I've gotten must be shipped directly from a store instead of a warehouse because they have price stickers on them. I really wish BB wouldn't do that; Kmart does it and it is a horrible practice; you usually have some blowhard picking merchandise up off the floor and shipping it instead of someone trained in these practices.

I've also noticed lately that most of my packages form BB come with a label on a sheet of paper (amateur) instead of one that is a sticker from a thermal printer (professional).

But if I wanted beat up CE's shipped from stores I'd just go to a store and buy one.

Look at the tape again.... USPS sometimes opens packages to inspect them and they'll reseal the package with tape that mentions they opened it.

However lately all my Best Buy boxes have come with tamper evident tape.

I highly doubt that 10+ of my last packages were all opened for inspection by UPS... it would make more sense that BB just used that tape to seal their packages. I removed this tape and didn't see any other tape underneath it

There was no tamper evident tape or inspection tape other than on the outside of the ups box. the tape on the game box that was lifted was the normal little circle tape seals to hold the lid closed.

Just received mine.  It was shipped in a copier paper box with no padding at all.  Great job Crap Buy!  :shame:

There was no tamper evident tape or inspection tape other than on the outside of the ups box. the tape on the game box that was lifted was the normal little circle tape seals to hold the lid closed.
Right. No one is opening the game boxes.... and no one is opening the shipping boxes. BB is just using "tamper evident" tape.
t

That's crazy. I got a box 2-3x the size of the AC 4 LE; it was a little too short so the top pressed down on one side of the LE leaving a small indent.

Lately a lot of these CE's that I've gotten must be shipped directly from a store instead of a warehouse because they have price stickers on them. I really wish BB wouldn't do that; Kmart does it and it is a horrible practice; you usually have some blowhard picking merchandise up off the floor and shipping it instead of someone trained in these practices.

I've also noticed lately that most of my packages form BB come with a label on a sheet of paper (amateur) instead of one that is a sticker from a thermal printer (professional).

But if I wanted beat up CE's shipped from stores I'd just go to a store and buy one.
I work warehouse at a Best Buy so I do picks/.coms all day long. The company tested this last year with select stores and saw a huge sales increase as well as overall customer satisfaction in quick shipping because it's usually coming from a store right down the road from you. So the company opened up "ship to home" for every store this year.

While it obviously has it's issues it's isolated to poor stores. My coworkers and I always take pride in our shipping even if it's a pain in the butt and time consuming. The company policy is to ship every product safely. When an order comes through for ship to home it comes through like any regular store pick up order. Once picked it prints a ship slip saying it needs to go out instead of a sticker label like store pick up. The difference is that if we don't have it and have to no pick the order. Your order isn't canceled. Instead the system reroutes it to the next nearest store.

Everything is supposed to be shipped in a box stuffed with bubble wrap or a bubble mailer. The only exceptions are small appliances like juicers and coffee pots or TV's. Customers aren't supposed to even know it came from a store. You should get two sheets of paper. a UPS label and your order/return form. If it's shipped from a warehouse you'll have sticker labels instead.

All boxes are supposed to be sealed with Best Buy inspected tape and then a white tape with red lettering that also says inspected for quality/quantity. Things like tv's and small appliances are only supposed to have the white tape.

I follow all the company procedures but I'm guessing most stores don't.

I work warehouse at a Best Buy so I do picks/.coms all day long. The company tested this last year with select stores and saw a huge sales increase as well as overall customer satisfaction in quick shipping because it's usually coming from a store right down the road from you. So the company opened up "ship to home" for every store this year.

While it obviously has it's issues it's isolated to poor stores. My coworkers and I always take pride in our shipping even if it's a pain in the butt and time consuming. The company policy is to ship every product safely. When an order comes through for ship to home it comes through like any regular store pick up order. Once picked it prints a ship slip saying it needs to go out instead of a sticker label like store pick up. The difference is that if we don't have it and have to no pick the order. Your order isn't canceled. Instead the system reroutes it to the next nearest store.

Everything is supposed to be shipped in a box stuffed with bubble wrap or a bubble mailer. The only exceptions are small appliances like juicers and coffee pots or TV's. Customers aren't supposed to even know it came from a store. You should get two sheets of paper. a UPS label and your order/return form. If it's shipped from a warehouse you'll have sticker labels instead.

All boxes are supposed to be sealed with Best Buy inspected tape and then a white tape with red lettering that also says inspected for quality/quantity. Things like tv's and small appliances are only supposed to have the white tape.

I follow all the company procedures but I'm guessing most stores don't.
Thanks for the explanation.

Unfortunately just like SHC orders shipped form SHC stores (Kmart/Sears) it isn't difficult to tell what is shipped from a Best Buy store.

Evidence of CE's being encased in Spider Wrap, price stickers, and labels being printed on printer paper are dead giveaways.

I do agree that it looks like more care is being taken in regards to oversized boxes and packing material but you can't change that fact that you're much more likely to pull an item that has been excessively handled from a store floor then you are from a warehouse shelf.

The other reason I don't like this is consumer fraud is on the rise... so if you take a return on a gaming console and it was opened and resealed you're going to put it out on the floor (if the person who did the return did a good job of masking the fact he had opened it). Now I risk getting that shitty returned / switched out console because some at the CSR desk in your store accepted the return and put it back out for sale.

Thanks for the explanation.

Unfortunately just like SHC orders shipped form SHC stores (Kmart/Sears) it isn't difficult to tell what is shipped from a Best Buy store.

Evidence of CE's being encased in Spider Wrap, price stickers, and labels being printed on printer paper are dead giveaways.

I do agree that it looks like more care is being taken in regards to oversized boxes and packing material but you can't change that fact that you're much more likely to pull an item that has been excessively handled from a store floor then you are from a warehouse shelf.

The other reason I don't like this is consumer fraud is on the rise... so if you take a return on a gaming console and it was opened and resealed you're going to put it out on the floor (if the person who did the return did a good job of masking the fact he had opened it). Now I risk getting that shitty returned / switched out console because some at the CSR desk in your store accepted the return and put it back out for sale.
Anything gaming or pc related automatically gets sent out upon return. Regardless of if it was opened or not. Customer service is required to open that item and check at time of return. The only exceptions are things like PS3 cooling fans and "gaming" HDMI cables. The only thing high end that stays in the store is a tv which gets opened to check the model and functionality then put on floor as an open box.

Oh crap.

Now I'm worried about the condition of my game coming in after reading this thread.

Best buy, please don't skimp on the packaging. I've suffered enough damaged collector's editions already. ;__;

Anything gaming or pc related automatically gets sent out upon return. Regardless of if it was opened or not. Customer service is required to open that item and check at time of return. The only exceptions are things like PS3 cooling fans and "gaming" HDMI cables. The only thing high end that stays in the store is a tv which gets opened to check the model and functionality then put on floor as an open box.
Having worked at BBY and knowing many CSRs there I can say that is absolutely not true. Even looking at the open box section of the website tells you that.

I know Kmart/Sears put items back on the floor because I've seen it many times.

You're telling me that if I return a game or blu-ray as "buyer's remorse" and it is still sealed that instead of putting it back on the floor you send it out?

Same with a console that has its seals still intact? This is company wide policy?

Having worked at BBY and knowing many CSRs there I can say that is absolutely not true. Even looking at the open box section of the website tells you that.
I don't nor have I ever worked at BB but I tend to agree with you.... unlike what the other poster says I'm pretty sure I returned something to my local best buy, that they didn't have any of, and next time I was in the store it was on the floor.

Ipad's, laptops, and some camera's if they pass the "test" can get opened boxed but you'll never have a store open boxed shipped to you. We have to no pick and pass it on to the next store with it in stock if it's open.

I know Kmart/Sears put items back on the floor because I've seen it many times.

You're telling me that if I return a game or blu-ray as "buyer's remorse" and it is still sealed that instead of putting it back on the floor you send it out?

Same with a console that has its seals still intact? This is company wide policy?

I don't nor have I ever worked at BB but I tend to agree with you.... unlike what the other poster says I'm pretty sure I returned something to my local best buy, that they didn't have any of, and next time I was in the store it was on the floor.
All games/consoles go out as "PRC" and movies/cd's go out as "Anderson Media Return". When you get your refund or exchange a slip automatically prints that the product get's tagged with.

I think the ship to store is a good idea but when it come to collector editions and limited editions no cause you never know what shape it is in from the sale floor the only solution to that though would be instead of putting them in those horrible spider cages place them underneath shelves in like a glass shelf which should be done anyhow

My Xbox version looked as if someone tried to choke it with that spider wrap. And then decided to stomp on it!

And if that was not enough, someone decided to grind it all around with sand paper!!

Thankfully - they are providing a replacement & I can return this in store

Mine came in with just the LE wrapped in black plastic with a shipping label plaster right on it. When I cut open the plastic, box had dents and rips on all 4 corners, and the plastic insert for the box itself was cracked all on the top portion of the back. :/ At least everything else is in good condition to my knowledge.

I received my PS3 version today, which is pretty odd since it just shipped yesterday.  Came in a box easily twice its size.  Opened it up and inspected it and seems to all be in good condition.

Now to decide, whats the better trade? Trade in my PS4 copy, keep the PS3 copy and pay the upgrade to PS4?  Or trade in the PS3 copy instead?

I received my PS3 version today, which is pretty odd since it just shipped yesterday. Came in a box easily twice its size. Opened it up and inspected it and seems to all be in good condition.

Now to decide, whats the better trade? Trade in my PS4 copy, keep the PS3 copy and pay the upgrade to PS4? Or trade in the PS3 copy instead?
Trade the PS3 if you can get a good price for it. Paying the upgrade eats $10 out of whatever you get for the PS4 copy and the PS4 copy should hold it's value better. If you notice that the current gen AC4 are frequently going on sale already but the next gen is staying higher for the most part.

Trade the PS3 if you can get a good price for it. Paying the upgrade eats $10 out of whatever you get for the PS4 copy and the PS4 copy should hold it's value better. If you notice that the current gen AC4 are frequently going on sale already but the next gen is staying higher for the most part.
yeah, thats what I'm leaning towards. Plus, I like the idea of having a disc copy of AC4 so I can finish up the story (about halfway through now). Then I can trade that in or sell it as well and rebuy once it hits sub $20 (its Ubisoft, it'll happen).

yeah, thats what I'm leaning towards. Plus, I like the idea of having a disc copy of AC4 so I can finish up the story (about halfway through now). Then I can trade that in or sell it as well and rebuy once it hits sub $20 (its Ubisoft, it'll happen).
What I really need to do is get my act together and just play the PS4 copy then sell both of them and then basically free statue since I paid $4 for the PS4 version in the first place.

My Xbox version looked as if someone tried to choke it with that spider wrap. And then decided to stomp on it!
And if that was not enough, someone decided to grind it all around with sand paper!!

Thankfully - they are providing a replacement & I can return this in store
Keep In mind to that if you have gamers unlocked that returns items still count against the limit 3

My PS3 copy arrived today in a big box w/ bubble wrap, great condition.  It's an awesome set too, very glad I decided to pull the trigger.  Gonna trade the game in tomorrow because I plan on picking the PS4 version back up later when it's < $20.  

Just got mine.  It was not boxed.  They put the packing slip and address sticker right on the top where the slipcover did not provide any protection.  I peeled it off as carefully as I could, but it peeled most of the top coat of paint off on the top of the box.   For good measure, UPS decided to leave the game on my porch.  We got 3 inches of snow plus sleet and freezing rain.  By the time I got home, the cardboard box the game was housed in was mush.  Needless to say, I called to complain to best buy.  OOS and could not order me a replacement so they gave me $5 credit.  Still kinda upset, but learned never to have them ship a CE/LE to my house again.  Instead, I'll just pick it up in store from now on.

Just got mine. It was not boxed. They put the packing slip and address sticker right on the top where the slipcover did not provide any protection. I peeled it off as carefully as I could, but it peeled most of the top coat of paint off on the top of the box. For good measure, UPS decided to leave the game on my porch. We got 3 inches of snow plus sleet and freezing rain. By the time I got home, the cardboard box the game was housed in was mush. Needless to say, I called to complain to best buy. OOS and could not order me a replacement so they gave me $5 credit. Still kinda upset, but learned never to have them ship a CE/LE to my house again. Instead, I'll just pick it up in store from now on.
$5? What a joke. Should have said no thank you and called back to speak with someone else.

Just got mine. It was not boxed. They put the packing slip and address sticker right on the top where the slipcover did not provide any protection. I peeled it off as carefully as I could, but it peeled most of the top coat of paint off on the top of the box. For good measure, UPS decided to leave the game on my porch. We got 3 inches of snow plus sleet and freezing rain. By the time I got home, the cardboard box the game was housed in was mush. Needless to say, I called to complain to best buy. OOS and could not order me a replacement so they gave me $5 credit. Still kinda upset, but learned never to have them ship a CE/LE to my house again. Instead, I'll just pick it up in store from now on.
Mine was also without a box and the label slapped on the side. No snow where I'm at, but still ridiculous and lazy. I think I'll call and see if I can bank more than $5:)

With all the BB sales and discounts I'm basically making tons of micro transactions. :x getting a lot of stuff but I dunno if its gonna be able to sustain my elite status. Just no need for anything super expensive this year. Waiting for a redesigned ps4 or xb1. Free expedited shipping is awesome. I would hate to return to free in-store pickup!

bread's done
Back