Best Buy: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Limited Edition (PS3, X360) $54.99

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for mine. It shipped from a warehouse about 60 minutes from me early on Monday, but UPS had to delay it due to "weather conditions" in the Southeast. That excuse was fine last week, but it was 60 here on Monday and 70 yesterday - and again, it only had to travel about 50 miles

Still waiting for mine. It shipped from a warehouse about 60 minutes from me early on Monday, but UPS had to delay it due to "weather conditions" in the Southeast. That excuse was fine last week, but it was 60 here on Monday and 70 yesterday - and again, it only had to travel about 50 miles
Now it's too warm and the south has forgotten how to drive without the ice! :whee:

Mine arrived today, except they sent me the standard edition for PS3 instead of the limited edition that I ordered. They said they won't be getting any more in stock so I guess I'm going to take this back to the store and get my money back.

Mine arrived today in a box packaged with plenty of protection and everything seems to be in great shape.  I didn't realize how large that figure is.  

Now to work on getting it installed with the PS4 upgrade and trading in my PS4 copy.

Mine arrived today in a box packaged with plenty of protection and everything seems to be in great shape. I didn't realize how large that figure is.

Now to work on getting it installed with the PS4 upgrade and trading in my PS4 copy.
I'm still debating what I wanna do about that, PS4 copy is worth quite a bit more than the PS3 copy but I kinda wanna keep it on disc. Guess I could just beat it quick on PS4 and dump both off, then rebuy when it hits $19.99?

I called them and I got a $10 dollar gift card. Meh.
Called using my ELITEPLUSDRAGONPUNCHDOUBLEPLUSAWESOMESECRETPHONENUMBER support number and the guy didn't want to do anything, but eventually gave me $5 in points. I guess for something that was only like 46 bucks that is a good deal, but HOLY CRAP how about they don't just glue postage to the side of what they are mailing next time.

oh wow best buy still occasionally ships boxes as is without proper protection? i hope mine comes ok :whistle2:k :whistle2:?

Called using my ELITEPLUSDRAGONPUNCHDOUBLEPLUSAWESOMESECRETPHONENUMBER support number and the guy didn't want to do anything, but eventually gave me $5 in points. I guess for something that was only like 46 bucks that is a good deal, but HOLY CRAP how about they don't just glue postage to the side of what they are mailing next time.
What are you guys saying to only be getting $5 and $10? I didn't put much effort into it and I got $25 credited to my card. I simply explained I was extremely disappointed in the condition my item came in, that it looked rifled through, the seals were broken, and the box was all smashed up. I told them I take care of my stuff and usually save the box when it's a limited edition, etc. They said they understood and since they couldn't exchange and didn't want to return, they gave me the credit. About 15 min on the phone altogether. If you don't get the results you want call back and talk to supervisor. I'm not elite plus, just GCU.

Mine came yesterday in a box twice as big as it bubble wrapped in perfect condition.  I order a LOT from best buy and what I believe is happening is the stores themselves are sending out these games(explains why my xbox one CE game as just the game only).  I don't really know what happened but a couple months ago I started getting used games in white shipping envelopes, rarely more than one per envelope even though I ordered 3 in the order and these games always had the used prices stickers on them.  Sometimes I would get the games in a small box with white "Sealed" tape on it.  Also the games the stores send always put the labels in a clear envelope.  Anyway that sealed tape was on the box my LE Came in.  And the shipping label came in an envelope instead of a thermal label.

Guess what i'm trying to say is the stores themselves are probably sending you guys these instead of their warehouse in MN and you are having some lazy employee who cant find a box just slap the label on it and send it.

Well, mixed results on my end.  The packaging was fine.  Large box with a bunch of green bubble wrap.  Still wasn't quite enough.  Box was dented and dented a corner and the packaging itself had the dreaded spider wrap indents on all edges.  I'd say the average indent is anywhere from 1/8-1/4 inch deep such that the plastic jacket and the box were indented.  They really cranked on the wires.  I probably will end up opening up the packaging and do the PS4 upgrade but would have been nice to have the choice to not open a mint package or not.

Is anyone willing to trade/sell? I would love to get my hands on this. I missed the last sale....I have elite plus and  would gotten this for >50....College man. Sold a lot of stuff but I'd make room for this.

Is anyone willing to trade/sell? I would love to get my hands on this. I missed the last sale....I have elite plus and would gotten this for >50....College man. Sold a lot of stuff but I'd make room for this.
If I didn't fall in love with the steel book I would be open to it lol but I want my steel book

Got mine in today and it clearly came from a store as it's got the spiderwrap indentations (and it also came from NY).  Looks like the seals were already opened as well.

Guess I'll have to call tomorrow and complain, see if it gets me anywhere since it's not even on their website now.

Edit- Definitely opened before.  Took the slip cover off and underneath it there's a quarter sized outward tear but no damage to the slipcover.

Edit Edit- Digging further the statue is clearly replaced in it's plastic thing and the sword just sort of sticking out the side.  It's amazing it's not broken.  Steelbook is awful sexy (and PS3 sized) but scratched and the codes are gone.  Game disc has fingerprints on and a scratch on the bottom of it.  :bomb:

Starting to think this is a return that someone repackaged and an inattentive CSR just returned seeing that it still had seals on it.  Typing this out and just seeing that the cardboard box that holds the game, book and flag has rips in it as well.

Got mine in today and it clearly came from a store as it's got the spiderwrap indentations (and it also came from NY). Looks like the seals were already opened as well.

Guess I'll have to call tomorrow and complain, see if it gets me anywhere since it's not even on their website now.

Edit- Definitely opened before. Took the slip cover off and underneath it there's a quarter sized outward tear but no damage to the slipcover.

Edit Edit- Digging further the statue is clearly replaced in it's plastic thing and the sword just sort of sticking out the side. It's amazing it's not broken. Steelbook is awful sexy (and PS3 sized) but scratched and the codes are gone. Game disc has fingerprints on and a scratch on the bottom of it. :bomb:

Starting to think this is a return that someone repackaged and an inattentive CSR just returned seeing that it still had seals on it. Typing this out and just seeing that the cardboard box that holds the game, book and flag has rips in it as well.
Lame.........well I called and the best they would do for me is 15% off. I opted to return it but might change my mind. She was willing to send out a similar item but only found the 360 version. I was so hoping for the ps4 version but best buy doesn't carry it:(

Got mine in today and it clearly came from a store as it's got the spiderwrap indentations (and it also came from NY). Looks like the seals were already opened as well.

Edit- Definitely opened before. Took the slip cover off and underneath it there's a quarter sized outward tear but no damage to the slipcover.

Edit Edit- Digging further the statue is clearly replaced in it's plastic thing and the sword just sort of sticking out the side. It's amazing it's not broken. Steelbook is awful sexy (and PS3 sized) but scratched and the codes are gone. Game disc has fingerprints on and a scratch on the bottom of it. :bomb:

Starting to think this is a return that someone repackaged and an inattentive CSR just returned seeing that it still had seals on it. Typing this out and just seeing that the cardboard box that holds the game, book and flag has rips in it as well.
That sucks. I found an ACIII last year on clearance, bought it, and got home to find out someone had stolen the game out of the box without anyone knowing. At least store was nice and replaced the game when I drove the 30 minute drive up there.

All these problems with this collector set and the metal gear lamp set shipping and the sets condition is a prime example why collector sets should be excluded from ship to store and only vanilla copies of games should be eligible for ship from store cause I ordered two of these one for me and one for my nephew one clearly came from warehouse mint condition the other clearly store with big price sticker on front and spider wrap indentations on top you can probably guess which one I kept and which one my nephew got though lol

All these problems with this collector set and the metal gear lamp set shipping and the sets condition is a prime example why collector sets should be excluded from ship to store and only vanilla copies of games should be eligible for ship from store cause I ordered two of these one for me and one for my nephew one clearly came from warehouse mint condition the other clearly store with big price sticker on front and spider wrap indentations on top you can probably guess which one I kept and which one my nephew got though lol
well, you do realize bestbuy only have so many stored in their warehouse, so is either getting those from local stores to fulfill your orders, or out right cancelling your orders. due to the lack of stock.

Think I see why it was returned now.  The base of the statue is malformed and the mast won't go into it.

m7eyag.jpg

See how the inner part is set too close to the edge and the outer part's an oval instead of being round?   Also very wobbly with the guy on it but I'm not sure if that's the base or because it's missing the mast or that's just the way it is.

Think I see why it was returned now. The base of the statue is malformed and the mast won't go into it.

See how the inner part is set too close to the edge and the outer part's an oval instead of being round? Also very wobbly with the guy on it but I'm not sure if that's the base or because it's missing the mast or that's just the way it is.
Mine was sealed and was like that too. It took some effort but I managed to jam it in there. Also, my flag pole was missing the holes where you put the string in, and one of his boots was a little scuffed so I had to color it with a black sharpie. It does look nice when its put together though.

Mine was sealed and was like that too. It took some effort but I managed to jam it in there. Also, my flag pole was missing the holes where you put the string in, and one of his boots was a little scuffed so I had to color it with a black sharpie. It does look nice when its put together though.
I swear all I got out of this was flag pole... Holes... Jam it in there... And I read boots as boobs. I think it's time for me to get some sleep.

I swear all I got out of this was flag pole... Holes... Jam it in there... And I read boots as boobs. I think it's time for me to get some sleep.
Or go out and get some ass. :p

You might have some pent up.... um.... energy if you're sexualizing a forum post about about an Assassins Creed statue. :p

Yeah, I cracked the mast on my statue trying to assemble it. Probably due to the above reason, and partly maybe because the plastic was still too cold. It had just been delivered on a really cold day, and I opened it right up. I know better than that, I should have let it warm up.

Yeah, I cracked the mast on my statue trying to assemble it. Probably due to the above reason, and partly maybe because the plastic was still too cold. It had just been delivered on a really cold day, and I opened it right up. I know better than that, I should have let it warm up.
yeah, gotta let your mast heat up before you start cramming it everywhere

lol, at the past page of posts.  Just an FYI if you were lazy like me and didn't call about damage to the packaging.  Recieved my package last Weds.  Mine had those damn spider wire indents on all edges but it was packed fairly well in a large box with bubble wrap around 4 of the 6 surfaces..  I took pics just in case.  A lot of them were close to 1/4" deep as they must have cranked the wrap with a 2x4 or something.  Probably as a result of that, the security "dots" had popped off on the top so it sort of look like it was opened.  Didn't want to investigate further if they somehow found a replacement somewhere in the warehouse.  Lastly, one of the top corners was compacted about 1/4" such that it showed on the slipcover also.

Anyhow, after getting tossed through 3 depts, got to the "back office" and they confirmed there was no stock everywhere.  So they offered a full refund (RZ certs and GCs) and told me to keep the item.  This is why I don't badmouth BB as when things go wrong, they've always fixed it (other than selling my PO'ed Bravely Default CE, see other thread) by either giving me extra RZ points/certs or additional GC/credits.

EDIT"  Sorry for the bump, should be moved to the Deal Graveyard.

I'm dealing with the fact that Microsoft shipped my Skyrim CE ($110 total after tax + S/H) with absolutely zero packaging. They stuck a shipping label right on the CE itself. Obviously being without any packaging at all it got quite banged up. I'm being as patient and kind as possible but I feel a full refund and keeping the item (as they're out of stock on the website) is in order.
That's pretty horrible, no protection at all. Almost close, a couple BF's back when they blew out the $99 PS3 displays, BB just put it in a huge mailer (not bubbled) and sent it UPS ground. Fortunately, the box and display were surprisingly unmarked/undented but I can imagine what could have happened.

Not to rub it in but reminds me that I was lucky that I found a couple near mint ones at local GS's when they dropped to $60 (PS3 versions). Good luck.

lol, at the past page of posts. Just an FYI if you were lazy like me and didn't call about damage to the packaging. Recieved my package last Weds. Mine had those damn spider wire indents on all edges but it was packed fairly well in a large box with bubble wrap around 4 of the 6 surfaces.. I took pics just in case. A lot of them were close to 1/4" deep as they must have cranked the wrap with a 2x4 or something. Probably as a result of that, the security "dots" had popped off on the top so it sort of look like it was opened. Didn't want to investigate further if they somehow found a replacement somewhere in the warehouse. Lastly, one of the top corners was compacted about 1/4" such that it showed on the slipcover also.

Anyhow, after getting tossed through 3 depts, got to the "back office" and they confirmed there was no stock everywhere. So they offered a full refund (RZ certs and GCs) and told me to keep the item. This is why I don't badmouth BB as when things go wrong, they've always fixed it (other than selling my PO'ed Bravely Default CE, see other thread) by either giving me extra RZ points/certs or additional GC/credits.

EDIT" Sorry for the bump, should be moved to the Deal Graveyard.
Well I wish I was that fortunate. I literally just got off the phone with the Elite line who just told me to take it to the store and return it. Didn't want to actually look up my order or anything, kind of irritated.

bread's done
Back