Best Buy: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Limited Edition (PS3, X360) $54.99

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna pick one up today along with Avatar on Blu-ray and 3D for 12.99 price matched from FRYS.com and the Halo 4 GOTY. Thanks OP! 

Pulled the trigger on the 360 version. I figure I can probably get $25 for the game alone since I already have a vanilla copy.

Would pick this up in heartbeat if not for there being a next gen version.  I missed out on the xbox one edition when BB dropped it, and cant seem to find a deal on it.

Finished this game last night on the Wii U. This is the first AC game I had played since the first and this game utterly blew me away. Edward Kenway is such an awesome character and the ending on the ship was a perfect fitting finale reconciling his past. I really hope they do another game with him as the lead character, that would be a day one purchase for me.

So temped to buy this for the PS3 just for the bonuses and figure. Awesome deal.  

does anybody know, if I buy the PS3 version (can order for in-store pickup) and do the upgrade program, can I still use my PS4 saves that I have from owning the actual PS4 copy?  I would definitely trade that in for $30 today if so.

Should've bought the PS3 copy last night when it was avail. Thinking about getting the 360 copy now just for the statue and the steelbook. Looks like I'll be trading in the disc only game when it comes in.

Edit: Looks like ps3 is available again. Ordered 1.

ordered.......I think this is my 3rd ac4 using gamers unlocked. I hope I don't go over and also wish there was an easy way of knowing if you hit that limit. I suppose I will find out:)

damn it I ordered...had $5 on a GC so just under $50 total.  If I can get $20-$30 for either PS3 or PS4 version of it I can live with the cost.

does anybody know, if I buy the PS3 version (can order for in-store pickup) and do the upgrade program, can I still use my PS4 saves that I have from owning the actual PS4 copy? I would definitely trade that in for $30 today if so.
No, only multiplayer stats carryover.

IMO it would be silly to carryover single player saves anyway. The only different between the games is the graphics. Why would you want to skip a chunk of the game missing the one thing that was upgraded?

No, only multiplayer stats carryover.

IMO it would be silly to carryover single player saves anyway. The only different between the games is the graphics. Why would you want to skip a chunk of the game missing the one thing that was upgraded?
Are you sure you aren't thinking about going backwards to the PS3? He's wanting to do the upgrade from the PS3 disc to the PS4 version when he already has PS4 saves. I couldn't imagine why the saves wouldn't work because they would both be from the PS4 game.

ordered.......I think this is my 3rd ac4 using gamers unlocked. I hope I don't go over and also wish there was an easy way of knowing if you hit that limit. I suppose I will find out:)
Just make a excel spreadsheet of the games you buy and organize it in abc order that what I did I input the game title system day I bought it how many that order and sku number and use it for reference when I ain't sure what I bought

I'm sorry, but what is this limit you guys are talking about?

PS3 version gone oh well guess ill order the 360 version for store pick up and trade in the disc and use the steel book for my ps4 copy. Steel book doesn't Xbox or anything on it right? Just the title

PS3 version gone oh well guess ill order the 360 version for store pick up and trade in the disc and use the steel book for my ps4 copy. Steel book doesn't Xbox or anything on it right? Just the title
PS3 version seems to be in and out of stock. I was able to get an order in after multiple attempts.

I'm sorry, but what is this limit you guys are talking about?
Those with Gamers Club Unlocked can only pick up three of the same title with the discount.

From Best Buy Forum

Q: Once I am a member of Gamers Club Unlocked, is there a limit to how many new video games I can buy with my 20% discount?

A: Yes. Members are limited to 3 copies of any one title (example: 2 copies for PS4, 1 copy for Xbox 360 = 3 total).

PS3 version seems to be in and out of stock. I was able to get an order in after multiple attempts.

Those with Gamers Club Unlocked can only pick up three of the same title with the discount.

From Best Buy Forum
Q: Once I am a member of Gamers Club Unlocked, is there a limit to how many new video games I can buy with my 20% discount?

A: Yes. Members are limited to 3 copies of any one title (example: 2 copies for PS4, 1 copy for Xbox 360 = 3 total).
Only 360 is good for store pick up near me. It's at a store by the college I attend so I'll get it before class Monday if I decide to keep it. Just want to make sure the steel book doesn't say Xbox

From Best Buy Forum
Ah! Thanks!

Are you sure you aren't thinking about going backwards to the PS3? He's wanting to do the upgrade from the PS3 disc to the PS4 version when he already has PS4 saves. I couldn't imagine why the saves wouldn't work because they would both be from the PS4 game.
yep, thats exactly what I mean. I have PS4 saves already. Anyway I ordered the PS3 version an hour ago for shipping so I will find out!

Just make a excel spreadsheet of the games you buy and organize it in abc order that what I did I input the game title system day I bought it how many that order and sku number and use it for reference when I ain't sure what I bought
Or just do what I usually do and check your purchases on Best Buy's Reward Zone site https://my.bestbuy.com.

yep, thats exactly what I mean. I have PS4 saves already. Anyway I ordered the PS3 version an hour ago for shipping so I will find out!
I did the same. Hopefully it works.

Got a PS3 version for instore pickup which is perfect since I'll just do the PS4 upgrade. Then I can let my friends mom borrow the PS3 version when I'm not playing AC 4.

I jumped on this as well going to do the upgrade. As a side note I just traded my PS4 copy to GS for $32 after bonuses. Thanks OP!

Only 360 is good for store pick up near me. It's at a store by the college I attend so I'll get it before class Monday if I decide to keep it. Just want to make sure the steel book doesn't say Xbox
I have the XB1 version, it doesn't say XBOX on it. The unboxing videos for the 360 version don't seem to indicate XBOX either.

If you get the 360 version, though, the Steelbook is G1; whereas, XB1, PS3, and - I would think - PS4 - are G2 (size difference).

Oh, also, the 360 version is 2 discs + 1 soundtrack vs. the PS3, which I think is 1 disc + 1 soundtrack.

I have the XB1 version, it doesn't say XBOX on it. The unboxing videos for the 360 version don't seem to indicate XBOX either.

If you get the 360 version, though, the Steelbook is G1; whereas, XB1, PS3, and - I would think - PS4 - are G2 (size difference).

Oh, also, the 360 version is 2 discs + 1 soundtrack vs. the PS3, which I think is 1 disc + 1 soundtrack.
Ugh ok thanks. If ps3 shows back in stock later I'll just order that one instead

On the GCU discount does their system automatically recognize you bought the game 3 times? I bought it for ps4, returned and re bought and then picked it up for WiiU. Its still showing the discount when I add it to my cart. Im considering getting the 360 version for the ce stuff.

PS3 in and out of stock for shipping throughout the day. Was just able to order a copy after several failed attempts this morning.

for the PS3/PS4 upgrade, dont you have to keep the PS3 disc?  And have it in the PS4 everytime you want to play?  Thought I remembered reading that somewhere...

We'll I just asked them if the Limited edition counts towards the 3 PS4 versions I bought and she said no, that it should count as it's own thing so I used the 20%

On the GCU discount does their system automatically recognize you bought the game 3 times? I bought it for ps4, returned and re bought and then picked it up for WiiU. Its still showing the discount when I add it to my cart. Im considering getting the 360 version for the ce stuff.
Does the limited edition count towards the GCU 20% 3 game limit, cuz I've already bought 3 Regular PS4 versions
You can buy a game 20 times and the computer will give you the GCU discount each and every time. The best buy computers don't impose limits or restrictions... however your account may get flagged which would lead to you getting booted from the GCU/RZ program.

And it was explained that the discount is attached to a title and it doesn't matter if its vanilla limited special or collector's. It also doesn't matter what platform it is. 3 is 3.

It was explained on the GCU forums that a purchase and then return still counts as a purchase.

Don't go by what a store employee tells you. They don't set or enforce the rules and they're not going to reimburse you your GCU membership if you get the boot.

Obviously if you go over the limit once in a great while you'll be fine. If it's a habit say goodbye

Thanks for the heads up OP!  I had a friend trying to buy the flag out of my PS4 one the other day for $40 so I told him about this (also excellent timing since he just got a 360) and his money went a lot farther.  O:)

that is certainly a good idea, but I don't even balance my bank account so the likelihood is slim that I would bust out a spreadsheet:)

Ok so I am canceling my 360 pick up copy and just ordered a ps3 one since the 360 steel book is different then ps3. Hope its $47 well spent

bread's done
Back