Best Buy Black Friday 2017

Ordered the 8TB hard drive that I wanted..was available for shipping about 20 min ago..also ordered Rayman Legends Definitive Edition and Lego Ninjago Movie..now just need to get Monopoly for the switch, only available for in store pick up so will wait wont go just to get one game..now will wait til Cyber Monday want to get a few additional switch games hoping for buy 1 get 1 free or something, that stacks with GCU

Mario Odyssey

Splatoon 2

ARMS

Skyrim

What I don't get and frustrates the hell out of me is that BB seems to have just thrown out the store stock options for BF. Is something in stock? Even if you need it ASAP and it has fuck all to do with BF? Well we stopped tracking our inventory this weekend so just come on down on Black Friday and endure the hoards and find out! An hour round trip, a zombie hoard, and a high chance you'll come back empty handed.

Am I missing something? Super frustrated - I'll see if they have D5, but I don't want to make this run unless they have the thing I need for work in stock or not.

EDIT: AH! They just turned stock back on. Thank god, they didn't have the thing I was looking for (and no D5 within 250 miles, whatevs).
I don't mind them turning it off. stores are a shit show on friday and the store inventory is going to be wrong and employees are going to be busy and don't have tons of time to look for your item.

my best buy also had zero copies of Soldam for switch, which was advertised at $15.. but luckily its on eshop for $10

I used this code 2CQQZU4JG and it gave me $10 off something I just got from Frys through Google Express. The site I found it on says others are having success.
It is only valid for first time shoppers though. So you'd have to create a new account if you've already purchased from Google Express.

Ordered the 8TB hard drive that I wanted..was available for shipping about 20 min ago..also ordered Rayman Legends Definitive Edition and Lego Ninjago Movie..now just need to get Monopoly for the switch, only available for in store pick up so will wait wont go just to get one game..now will wait til Cyber Monday want to get a few additional switch games hoping for buy 1 get 1 free or something, that stacks with GCU
Mario Odyssey
Splatoon 2
ARMS
Skyrim
Amazon has Monopoly for Switch for $20

I used this code 2CQQZU4JG and it gave me $10 off something I just got from Frys through Google Express. The site I found it on says others are having success.
For buying D5 through Frys, do you have to have a Fry's near you? I can't find Disgaea 5 for Switch when I search on Google Express

Edit: Nevermind, I just had to manually browse for Fry's and looking through the Switch games area. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go to google express you can get a copy of Disgaea 5 for $29.99 + Tax with $10 referral coupon through Frys sale for 1st time google express buyers. I referred myself to get $10 off.
I did this as well its a $12.31 difference but at least I didnt lose out on the sale. Thanks again!

this hard drive works for xbox one and PS4 correct?
From what I have been told yes..and I went ahead and ordered it early this morning it was available for shipping so went ahead and got it..not sure the difference between this one and the 159 one they both look identical to me

I called customer service about the Disgaea debacle, and was informed that it was online only. I informed her that that was crap, and its in the ad as being in store, she informed me that they were investigating this item and to keep refreshing the item all night.

I called customer service about the Disgaea debacle, and was informed that it was online only. I informed her that that was crap, and its in the ad as being in store, she informed me that they were investigating this item and to keep refreshing the item all night.
Lol I have done this for 2 days I just caved and did the google express thing for $12.31 more. Hope everyone else has luck with this!

Yes it does, quite easily in fact. Even works with Apple OS, just requires reformatting first. Picked one up myself . One of the best deals this BF.
Do I need to format the hard drive on my PC first before connecting it to my XBOX ONE X or will the xbox do that automatically? Do you know if there is any difference between the 129 one and the 159 one(I got the 129 one this morning hasn't shipped yet)

All I missed was nioh, scored a copy of Yakuza 0, Funny the only time they've ever had it at my store and its black friduru.

Being the northeast shipping point suxors.

Also, employee be pushing GCU hard. They don't even tell the folks it doesn't work on bf :/

I saved lives yo!

Do I need to format the hard drive on my PC first before connecting it to my XBOX ONE X or will the xbox do that automatically? Do you know if there is any difference between the 129 one and the 159 one(I got the 129 one this morning hasn't shipped yet)
You just need to plug in the external drive to your Xbox, it will format it and make it exclusive for Xbox devices only. As for the price differences, I think it's the same model but the $129 one is a special BF sku. At my BB there is the more expensive $159 version in stock but no $129 ones. I guess they just had a limited amount at the lower price.

yay was able to order disgaea 5 for in store (literally only one store had it it) and picked it up today. didnt think it would go through but it did!

5 Games and 3 Movies I ordered Monday were "delivered" Wednesday. As were two 40lb massive Amazon boxes, with family home all day. None of them were. Waited until today, assuming UPS just marked delivered because they were rushed and still nothing. Opened up two trackers with UPS and trying with Best Buy. /fail.

Got what I was looking for online this year. I kept a close eye on the online site shortly after 9pm PST on Wednesday and got Fifa, Rayman, Disgaea and Bomberman on the Switch, for $101 with tax. Descent size Switch library at this point.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

You just need to plug in the external drive to your Xbox, it will format it and make it exclusive for Xbox devices only. As for the price differences, I think it's the same model but the $129 one is a special BF sku. At my BB there is the more expensive $159 version in stock but no $129 ones. I guess they just had a limited amount at the lower price.
Thanks for the info. Was reading something about how the 160 drives are "Red" whatever that means and these 129 ones are "White" again not sure what that even means..just want something reliable, quiet, and will work well with the XBOX ONE X..I think both drives are the same 5400 rpm speed..lucky I was able to order one for shipping as NONE are available within 250 miles of here yet they have plenty of the 159 one not sure why

When I do get the drive, do I plug it into the console while the console is turned off..then the xbox will automatically ask me to format it?

my best buy also had zero copies of Soldam for switch, which was advertised at $15.. but luckily its on eshop for $10
Was going to check the Best Buy website to see if I could order this game online and was checking the eShop while my computer was loading when I saw this. Went ahead and downloaded it from the eShop instead.

Thanks for the Fry's code. 2CQQZU4JG worked for $10 off, even though I seemed to have used Google Express awhile back. Still, $30 for Disgaea 5 isn't bad at all since Best Buy didn't come through for me.

How long is it taking you guys to get any best buy code? Ordered a $10 xbl code with an RZ cert about 3 hours ago and it's still preparing.

Thanks for the info. Was reading something about how the 160 drives are "Red" whatever that means and these 129 ones are "White" again not sure what that even means..just want something reliable, quiet, and will work well with the XBOX ONE X..I think both drives are the same 5400 rpm speed..lucky I was able to order one for shipping as NONE are available within 250 miles of here yet they have plenty of the 159 one not sure why

When I do get the drive, do I plug it into the console while the console is turned off..then the xbox will automatically ask me to format it?
The colors are Western Digital categories of hard drive. Black tends to be the high performance gaming ones, Green is more eco friendly, Red is more friendly for servers, Blue is sort of middle of the road, etc.

Disappointed they ran out of.copies of Doom for PS4 so quickly. Hopefully it goes on sale again soon so with gcu it'll be the same price.
These prices really aren't all that unique - I can think of probably 5-8 times that Doom PS4 was on sale for $20 in the past year ($16 with GCU). Just wait, it'll hit it again.

These prices really aren't all that unique - I can think of probably 5-8 times that Doom PS4 was on sale for $20 in the past year ($16 with GCU). Just wait, it'll hit it again.
Yeah, doom was $10 on ps4/xbone earlier in the year. It's as if the game showing up on switch made other console owners suddenly realize this game is good.

bread's done
Back