Best Buy Black Friday Deals Available Now - Ends Sunday

HDMI 2.1 is honestly not worth worrying about for next gen unless you're a video enthusiast. No decent looking game is gonna run 4k@120 fps.
Dirt 5 does a pretty solid job at 120fps. Dynamic rez of course, but it's real. VRR, eARC, there's enough reason to look for it.

And as a Samsung KS9500 55" owner, I don't plan on getting another unless it's a heck of a deal. It's good but not great.

Anyone ever use a hisense TV? How good are they?
I have a 42 inch one in the bedroom I use for psp, ps2, ps3, 360, wii and vita tv gaming. It works well enough. Only thing I dislike about it is how the av cords are all underneath on the bottom back side of the tv. Mine has 3 av cord slots and 3 hdmi slots.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean at least they said they are getting the games. Does it really matter if it’s used or new?
It depends if you want your money to go to developing another “hit” game or to keeping GameStop in business.
But I’m going to also say I have no interest in either of those two games, so in my case neither gets my money.

What are your thoughts/experience with these for the Switch:

Nyko Armor Case - Some reviews say it's great but can charge or attach joycons with it on

PDP Ultra Guard screen protector - mostly to avoid the scratches from the docking station

Rocketfish TV Dock - Some have it as great others have it as bricking the switch

Looking for: a screen protector from scratches, may be a different docking station, anything else for a safe travel for the switch.

What are your thoughts/experience with these for the Switch:

Nyko Armor Case - Some reviews say it's great but can charge or attach joycons with it on

PDP Ultra Guard screen protector - mostly to avoid the scratches from the docking station

Rocketfish TV Dock - Some have it as great others have it as bricking the switch

Looking for: a screen protector from scratches, may be a different docking station, anything else for a safe travel for the switch.
I would advise against the PDP Switch screen protector. I bought it and realized it was just plastic and people had issues with it based on youtube videos.

I ended up with a tempered glass screen protector from Techmatte (https://techmatte.com/NIN-SWTCH-GLSX2) and was happy with the purchase and cost.

4 or 5 years ago, regular sales were better than black friday sales are now. I hardly even look anymore. It's always been a way for stores to get rid of old stock, but these days it seems they are far less willing to part with old stock for cheap. Most BF deals recently are repeats or discounts I find to be normal for any time of year.

Oh well.

Any thoughts on Song of Seasons vs Rune Factory 4 on Switch?

Any reason to grab Rune Factory if I have an unplayed 3DS copy? And is Song of Seasons worth picking up compared to Stardew Valley?

So once it ends on Sunday, new Black Friday deals start right
The actual BF sales start on Nov 22nd.

Not sure what we'll see - maybe burst temp sales like what we are seeing now.

Like I got the 400 GB Sandisk SD card from BB for the same price it will be on BF next month.

All I want for Christmas is Hollow Knight physical for $15 D: what is this Black Friday "sale" marking it down to $30 from $35, it's already $15 on eShop. Throw me a frickin' bone Best Buy

The actual BF sales start on Nov 22nd.

Not sure what we'll see - maybe burst temp sales like what we are seeing now.

Like I got the 400 GB Sandisk SD card from BB for the same price it will be on BF next month.
I thought these are actual Black Friday deals that are just available now. If the lg CX I just bought goes down in price even more later I’ll be pissed

Picked up a couple of early deals with Mario + Rabbids for $15 and the HP DeskJet 2725 wireless printer for $25 (also got the standard yield cartridges). My mom got the Logitech K400 Plus wireless keyboard for $18 to use with her laptop.

Hoping NFS: HP Remastered will be on sale for XB1 as well.

Logitech K400 Plus wireless keyboard for $18
I’d be cross about ordering that a week and a half ago from Amazon for $25 if I hadn’t had the $10 credit from the Prime Day top up promotion and it hadn’t come late and they’d given me $30 credit to make up for it.

I thought these are actual Black Friday deals that are just available now. If the lg CX I just bought goes down in price even more later I’ll be pissed
Return policy has been extended.

Also the Best Buy ad has been leaked...not sure if your TV is part of it but best worth checking it out. (its on their site too now).

I bought NSMBU Deluxe and Yoshi's Crafted World when it was $40 but its apparently gonna be $35 each on that week but bleh I'm fine with that.

Return policy has been extended.

Also the Best Buy ad has been leaked...not sure if your TV is part of it but best worth checking it out. (its on their site too now).

I bought NSMBU Deluxe and Yoshi's Crafted World when it was $40 but its apparently gonna be $35 each on that week but bleh I'm fine with that.
So you’re saying I don’t have to be elite bestbuy member to get extended price adjust? If so that’s awesome. I bought lg CX 55 for $1350 btw

Not that impressed, but they've always had random new deals in the past so hoping there'll be more tempting stuff during that weekend. Hoping since they dropped theirs first, the other competitors will slash prices further

So you’re saying I don’t have to be elite bestbuy member to get extended price adjust? If so that’s awesome. I bought lg CX 55 for $1350 btw
Is a TV considered as a major appliance? If it is part of the "Most products" line then it would be until Jan 16th (I'm assuming this is for regular customers too since they divided Elite and Elite plus into two different categories too)

Edit: Apparently Major appliances mean Fridges, Washing Machines, Dryers, etc - not TVs.

f1b1Klw.jpg

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/return-exchange-policy/pcmcat260800050014.c?id=pcmcat260800050014

Though I think your TV will probably be the same price - I see one that is $1,349.99 same brand and size so that may be it.

I would advise against the PDP Switch screen protector. I bought it and realized it was just plastic and people had issues with it based on youtube videos.

I ended up with a tempered glass screen protector from Techmatte (https://techmatte.com/NIN-SWTCH-GLSX2) and was happy with the purchase and cost.
Thanks for this heads up - I was thinking about getting the PDP one - been advised to get tempered glass protectors too.

Is TC: Breakpoint on XB1 worth playing cause I’m about to start playing Borderlands 3 and was wondering if it was worth adding to the backlog at $10?

Ordered :switch: Story of Seasons FoMT and :ps4: Ys Memories of Celceta. Tried my luck in store first to see if they had any pre-order bonus copies of SoS left, but no such luck.

Is a TV considered as a major appliance? If it is part of the "Most products" line then it would be until Jan 16th (I'm assuming this is for regular customers too since they divided Elite and Elite plus into two different categories too)

Edit: Apparently Major appliances mean Fridges, Washing Machines, Dryers, etc - not TVs.

f1b1Klw.jpg

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/return-exchange-policy/pcmcat260800050014.c?id=pcmcat260800050014

Though I think your TV will probably be the same price - I see one that is $1,349.99 same brand and size so that may be it.
Thank you

I’d be cross about ordering that a week and a half ago from Amazon for $25 if I hadn’t had the $10 credit from the Prime Day top up promotion and it hadn’t come late and they’d given me $30 credit to make up for it.
It's good that Amazon made up for the making the mistake. After the credit it's like getting the keyboard for free which is cool. I dislike buying something only for it end up on sale for a cheaper price a short time later, lol.

I thought that EA Play was going to be the same, but just free for Gamepass members, so you would get the 10hr trial for NFS, then the full game hits in about a year or so.
I think this is where people are getting confused. EA Play will be included with Game Pass Ultimate starting on the 10th. Unlike Game Pass though, recently released full EA games won’t be included day one. At least that’s my understanding of it.

I’ll be the first to admit I know nothing about EA Play, so if games aren’t immediately available then I’m not even surprised since it is EA. Either way, I won’t buy their games anymore since they’ll eventually be on GPU and I’m in no rush to play their slop these days.

Gamepass is where the vast bulk of EA games nowadays belong. It's really sad to see the company really come apart this last gen, especially compared to the titles it released during the 360/PS3 era.

Other than Titanfall I can't think of any good series from them this generation (and it looks like they're done with that series). Battlefield, Battlefront, Need for Speed, their sports games, etc. all went to crap.
Yeah, Battlefield has been dead to me for a while but Battlefront I still enjoyed because I don't do loot boxes. NFS Rivals was the last game I enjoyed from that series and sports aren't my forte so can't comment. I am absolutely relishing their loot box bans overseas though, proving they're running out of ways to extort money on failed franchises they ran into the ground. Hitting them in the wallet is the only way they will change, and frankly I hope they burn to the ground.

bread's done
Back