Best Buy Black Friday Deals Available Now - Ends Sunday

I’ll be the first to admit I know nothing about EA Play, so if games aren’t immediately available then I’m not even surprised since it is EA. Either way, I won’t buy their games anymore since they’ll eventually be on GPU and I’m in no rush to play their slop these days.
That's the PC version where games are day one. Console is 10 hour trial for new games. I'll play stuff like Unravel and yeah Titanfall 2 is one of the best campaigns this gen.

So not much new available now other than Katamari Damacy Reroll (Switch) for $12.99 and Redout (PS4,XB1) for $12.99 each?

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting and hoping for Yakuza Remastered Collection to go on sale (below the $39.99 it was awhile back), been checking regularly, and just noticed something odd...it dropped to $58.99 today. Big savings!

Waiting and hoping for Yakuza Remastered Collection to go on sale (below the $39.99 it was awhile back), been checking regularly, and just noticed something odd...it dropped to $58.99 today. Big savings!
Gamely has it used for that price right now. Comes just like you bought new minus the shrink-wrap. Plenty of people purchased there. It's legit. Discs look brand new.

So, BF doesn't exist anymore at BB? Will these deals not come back at the end of the month?
Whatever is left in inventory probably will, but why chance it when the prices are already what they'll be charging then? I'm glad retailers are doing it this way. Frankly, it's more fun!

Will BB honor PM's on these prices? I know in the past they wouldn't PM on actual BF but with these sales being spread out all over November is their policy different? I bought Madden a few weeks ago when it was $40 and I know it's going to be $28 soon.

Will BB honor PM's on these prices? I know in the past they wouldn't PM on actual BF but with these sales being spread out all over November is their policy different? I bought Madden a few weeks ago when it was $40 and I know it's going to be $28 soon.
Yeah them not price matching on Black Friday is a sure thing. Before actual Friday though might be different

To clarify, I'm referring to pm'ing their own price.
If you buy something prior to the actual advertised BF sale that starts on 22nd (Sunday) - if the item goes on sale during the week of the 22nd-29th, they will NOT price match even if its their own sales.

That is what it says on their site as one of the exclusions on price match guarantee.

tuFUoqF.jpg

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/customer-service/price-match-guarantee/pcmcat290300050002.c?id=pcmcat290300050002

I get why they do it but it's so dumb because now I have to return the games I bought and re-buy them.
FYI, Best Buy is shit in this dept. Target is far more lenient and consumer-friendly this year so if you can avoid the hassle, just PM there instead:

Shop early, shop with confidence this holiday season. For Black Friday deal purchases made between November 1 – 28, 2020 you’ll qualify for a price adjustment if the Target store or Target.com price goes down any time on or before December 24, 2020. We’ll waive the 14 day requirement and adjust the price for qualifying purchases, upon request.

FYI, Best Buy is shit in this dept. Target is far more lenient and consumer-friendly this year so if you can avoid the hassle, just PM there instead:
Thanks! Now I'm interested in buying more from Target...just wish I knew what they were offering in their main sale.

Outside of the Christmas season, Target also has a weird policy. You can return for a refund 90 days out but only price match 14 days out meaning a return/rebuy is required between days 15-90.

I grabbed one of the Switch Rocketfish docks.

It works, except for one major issue -- the USB port on the dock doesn't work.  It's only for charging devices.

It does let you play on the TV, but you can't use any USB devices...

I grabbed one of the Switch Rocketfish docks.

It works, except for one major issue -- the USB port on the dock doesn't work. It's only for charging devices.

It does let you play on the TV, but you can't use any USB devices...
Are you certain it’s the port and not your cable? I learned the frustrating way that out of a dozen usb cables in my house, only two can actually connect a controller to my PS4 (or a pc) the others are only able to provide a charge. I didn’t even know that data USB cables vs power only USB cables were a thing.

Are you certain it’s the port and not your cable? I learned the frustrating way that out of a dozen usb cables in my house, only two can actually connect a controller to my PS4 (or a pc) the others are only able to provide a charge. I didn’t even know that data USB cables vs power only USB cables were a thing.
Well, I was wondering about that, but I also noticed that the manual and website repeatedly refer to the USB port as "USB out to charge accessories." They repeat words to that effect several times... it seems like the Rocketfish dock doesn't allow for USB accessories.

I'll try a few more cables on it, but I have a controller that works fine on the Switch dock (and my computer), but it only charges on the Rocketfish dock.

I’ve never had that problem myself. I know some cables being sold for charging these days are only USB 2.0 instead of some 3.X variant, but as far as I’m aware every micro-USB cable is 2.0, anyway, so I can’t imagine that’s a problem for the PS4 controller.

I don’t really know what kind of accessories you’d want to have connected to a Switch dock via USB for anything other than charging, but I get the feeling it’s the way the dock is designed, not the cables.

I don’t really know what kind of accessories you’d want to have connected to a Switch dock via USB for anything other than charging, but I get the feeling it’s the way the dock is designed, not the cables.
Wired controllers. LAN adaptor. GameCube controller port. 8BitDo USB Adapters.

The early sale for select items for MyBB members started this morning.  I checked it at 2am and my main want - Metro Redux (Switch) for $12.99 was already sold out.  Hopefully more are available during actual BF week.  I was able to get a few of my other wants including Maneater (XB1) for $12.99 and Jump Force (Switch) for $19.99.

Picked up Watchdogs Legion for Xbox for $29.99 through the BB Early Access sale.  Wasn't willing to pay full price for this one, but will take it for this price to see some of the ray-tracing goodness on Series X.

Grabbed Watch Dogs Legion for $30 tonight - tried playing it on PC via Uplay+, wasn't happy with the performance, but with the PS5 free upgrade, this is a no-brainer.

Grrrr... Had an order for 13 Sentinels, watchdogs legion, and Desperados 3 that I made within 5 minutes of the sale going live. Just got an email telling me they don't have 13 Sentinels which is the game I wanted most out of the 3. Le sigh

Got an email from BB with a 10 dollar promo coupon for this new early access sale. Got a price match on AC Vahalla to Amazon and ended up paying 40 bucks after cert. Not too bad for a new PS5 game. Watch Dogs just doesn't look very good to me, even for half price.

Got an email from BB with a 10 dollar promo coupon for this new early access sale. Got a price match on AC Vahalla to Amazon and ended up paying 40 bucks after cert. Not too bad for a new PS5 game. Watch Dogs just doesn't look very good to me, even for half price.
Man you get lucky with all the bonus certs. Nothing for me.

Grrrr... Had an order for 13 Sentinels, watchdogs legion, and Desperados 3 that I made within 5 minutes of the sale going live. Just got an email telling me they don't have 13 Sentinels which is the game I wanted most out of the 3. Le sigh
Ugh. That is filling me with a sense of dread about my order for 13 Sentinels. Mine is set to be sent to the store, so we'll see if it ever arrives.

Man you get lucky with all the bonus certs. Nothing for me.
It's too funny right now. I literally get a new one as soon as the old one expires. I missed a 10 dollar one that was only valid for 1 day, but now I've gotten four 5's and two 10's in total. This one I just used expired on the 17th so I'll check again on the 18th and see if I get another 5 in the new email that day.

The early sale for select items for MyBB members started this morning. I checked it at 2am and my main want - Metro Redux (Switch) for $12.99 was already sold out. Hopefully more are available during actual BF week. I was able to get a few of my other wants including Maneater (XB1) for $12.99 and Jump Force (Switch) for $19.99.
I would have paid $13 for that...

I jumped in for the Dell 32" monitor, tried to take advantage of same day delivery for Elite Plus. Supposed to arrive by 9, 8:30 I get an email saying nope. I changed to shipping, going to complain a little because it feels like they forgot to pull it.

I jumped in for the Dell 32" monitor, tried to take advantage of same day delivery for Elite Plus. Supposed to arrive by 9, 8:30 I get an email saying nope. I changed to shipping, going to complain a little because it feels like they forgot to pull it.
Great monitor. Good HDR. I've been using PC and PS4 Pro with this for a while.

Also for people wondering you can select 4K with PS5 on this Monitor. No 1080p upscale as it's downsampling from 4K to 1440p. Though can't get 120hz to work with it. I'm sure there will be in an eventual firmware update to select 1440p 120hz.

I would have paid $13 for that...
I had Maneater in my cart...but driving to BB just wasn't worth it. Thought maybe I'll pick up Squadrons too and see if I can get free shipping but it wasn't on sale yet...game pass has made me lazy about deals, they will both probably come to gp or be on digital sale soon enough....

bread's done
Back