►Best Buy Deals: Select Games w/$10 in Rewards & Other BB Deals!

stryker

CAGiversary!
Please See WikiPost!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Buy Deals

New Releases: This Week
Current Deals: On Sale Now
Pre-Order Program: Select Games / FAQ

In-Store Events: When & Where
Missing Game Codes?: Read This
Customer Service: Chat or Call (1-888-237-8289)
Store Pickup: How It Works
Price Match Guarantee: FAQ
Trade-In: Get Estimates

▼ Read Me! FAQ ▼ Pre-Order $10 Program
Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a
qualifying game and get multiple awards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy
member per game title.
What if I pre-ordered a qualifying game before I
saw this offer?
If you pre-ordered a qualifying game before seeing
this offer, you’ll still qualify for the offer as long as
your member ID is attached to the transaction.
When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My
Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates)
credited to your account approximately 15–20 days
after street date or store pickup.
If I pre-order a game now using my GCU and the
game releases after my membership ends, will
I still get the 20% off discount?
- From BestBuy Support Forums (link):
For in-store pre-orders, I can definitively say that if
your GCU membership is expired when you
complete your pickup, you will not receive the 20%
discount. This is because in-store pre-orders are not
processed until the time of pickup, and we only
collect an up-front deposit.

Pre-orders made on BestBuy.com are not as cut and
dry as in-store, but it is possible to retain your GCU
discount on a title released after your membership
expires for these types of pre-orders. Reason being,
when you place your pre-order the GCU discount is
calculated up front, and we then pre-authorize the
discounted total with your bank. If all goes well, the
discount can be retained upon release, however,
there is no guarantee.

A sure way to lose the discount on BestBuy.com
pre-orders is if any modifications are made to the
order prior to release, but after your membership
has expired. These modifications could be updating
the billing address, changing the form of payment,
and others. This is because when a modification is
made it triggers another authorization on your form of
payment, which should recalculate the price if your
GCU membership is no longer active.
►Previous Years (2013-2019)

►$10 (Rewards) w/Pre-Order
title / release date / publisher
Far Cry 5 03/27 (Ubisoft)
Madden NFL 19 08/07 (EA)
Shadow Tomb Raider 09/14 (Square Enix)
FIFA 19 09/25 (EA)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 10/05 (Ubisoft)
Call of Duty: BO4 10/12 (Activision)
Battlefield V 10/16 (EA)
Fallout 76 11/14 (Bethesda)
Just Cause 4 12/04 (Square Enix)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 12/07 (Nintendo)

$10 (eGift Card) w/Pre-Order
Monster Energy Supercross 02/13 (Milestone)
Metal Gear Survive 02/20 (Konami)
Extinction 04/10 (Maximum Games)
Vampyr 06/05 (Focus Home Interactive)
Super Bomberman R SE 06/12 (Konami)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 08/28 (Konami)
Warriors Orochi 4 10/16 (Koei Tecmo)
Call of Cthulhu 10/30 (Maximum Games)
Farming Simulator 19 11/20 (Maximum Games)
My Riding Staples 11/23 (Kalypso)
Project Highrise 11/23 (Kalypso)
title / release date / publisher / date added to promo
Madden NFL 18 - 08/22 (EA) 05/12
Destiny 2 - 09/06 (Activision) 04/12
NBA 2K18 - 09/15 (2K) 5/14
FIFA 18 - 09/26 (EA) 06/07
Middle-earth: SoW - 10/10 (WB Games) 05/07
South Park: TFBW - 10/17 (Ubisoft) 06/02
Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27 (Ubisoft) 06/11
Super Mario Odyssey - 10/27 (Nintendo) 06/13
Call of Duty: WWII - 11/03 (Activision) 04/26
Star Wars: Battlefront II - 11/14 (EA) 04/14

$10 (eGift Card) w/Pre-Order
title / release date / publisher / date added to promo
Portal Knights: GTE - 05/23 (505 Games) 04/30
Samuari Warriors: SoS - 05/23 (Koei Techmo) 05/12
Agents of Mayhem - 08/15 (Deep Silver) 07/04
Warrior All-Stars - 08/29 (Koei Tecmo) 07/29
PES 2018: Pro Evo Soccer - 09/12 (Konami) 07/29
The Division - 03/08 (Ubisoft)
Battleborn - 05/03 (2K)
Doom - 05/13 (Bethesda)
Overwatch - 05/23 (Blizzard)
Lego Star Wars - 06/28 (WB)
Madden 17 - 08/23 (EA)
Attack on Titan  - 08/30 (Koei Tecmo)
FIFA 17 - 09/27 (EA)
NBA 2k17 - 09/20 (2K)
Mafia 3 - 10/07 (2K)
Battlefield 1 - 10/21 (EA)
Gears of War 4 - 10/11 (Microsoft)
Titanfall 2 - 10/28 (EA)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - 11/04 (Activision)
Final Fantasy XV - 11/29 (Square Enix)
Dying Light - 01/27 (WB Games)
Battlefield: Hardline - 03/17 (EA)
Mortal Kombat X - 04/14 (WB Games)
Batman: Arkham Knight - 06/23 (WB Games)
Madden 16 - 08/25 (EA)
Witcher 3 - 05/19 (CD Project Red)
Gears of War: UE - 08/25 (Microsoft)
Disney Infinity 3.0 - 08/30 (Disney)
Mad Max - 09/01 (WB Games)
Metal Gear Solid: TPP - 09/01 (Konami)
Forza Motorsport 6 - 09/15 (Microsoft)
FIFA 16 - 09/22 (EA)
NBA 2K16 - 09/25 (2K)
Guitar Hero Live - 10/20 (Activision)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 10/23 (Ubisoft)
Halo 5: Guardians - 10/27 (Microsoft)
Evolve - 02/10 (2K)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 11/06 (Activision)
Fallout 4 - 11/10 (Bethesda)
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 11/10 (Microsoft)
Star Wars Battlefront - 11/17 (EA)
Rainbow Six Siege - 12/01 (Ubisoft)
South Park: Stick of Truth - 03/04 (Ubisoft)
Madden 15 - 08/26 (EA)
The Sims 4 - 09/02 (EA)
Destiny - 09/09 (Activision)
FIFA 15 - 09/23 (EA)
Sunset Overdrive - 10/28 (Microsoft)
COD: Advanced Warfare - 11/03 (Activision)
Assassin's Creed: Unity - 11/11 (Ubisoft)
Halo: Master Chief Collection - 11/11 (Microsoft)
Far Cry 4 - 11/18 (Ubisoft)
Grand Theft Auto 5 - 11/18 (Rockstar)
Battlefield 4 - 11/12 (EA)
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - 11/19 (Ubisoft)
Splinter Cell: Black List - 08/20 (Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs - 11/15 (Ubisoft)
Madden NFL 25 - 11/19 (EA)
FIFA 14 - 11/19 (EA)
NBA 2K14 - 11/19 (2K)
Batman: Arkham Origins - 10/25 (WB Games)
COD: Ghosts - 11/19 (Activision)
►END

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone who is doing store pickup for Kingdom Hearts received their pickup email yet?
They usually come by now.
It depends on when they sort them out. For my Spider-man Collector's it took until the next morning (prior to opening) for it to come, and given the issues they had I was kinda sweating. Not so much for my regular PS4 copy of this.

I got the store pickup email, but it says the game is out of stock.

Ridiculous. How can you be out of stock when I pre-order this in June 2018?!?! Now I have to pick up all the pre-order bonuses without the game.

Ridiculous. How can you be out of stock when I pre-order this in June 2018?!?! Now I have to pick up all the pre-order bonuses without the game.
This has happened a few times where it shows out of stock, but people that have received the pickup email still have the game waiting for them at CS. I would call CS or chat with them online first to see if they can give you more information, that doesn't seem right at all.

I got that too. Does that mean maybe they sold it to someone else or they just simply didn’t have enough? I don’t know if I should wait till they restock cuz on the email they’re letting me take action before a certain date or it’ll be cancelled or something. Ridiculous. I think my keychain bonus wasn’t cancelled though

I got that too. Does that mean maybe they sold it to someone else or they just simply didn’t have enough? I don’t know if I should wait till they restock cuz on the email they’re letting me take action before a certain date or it’ll be cancelled or something. Ridiculous. I think my keychain bonus wasn’t cancelled though
My game said available for pickup yesterday, was cancelled this morning for no reason at all. Should I go into store and try to pick it up anyways?

My game said available for pickup yesterday, was cancelled this morning for no reason at all. Should I go into store and try to pick it up anyways?
Cancelled or out of stock? If it was cancelled maybe there was something wrong with your payment method. If it was out of stock, which mine was, most likely they didn’t receive enough copies and all you can do is wait till they restock

Cancelled or out of stock? If it was cancelled maybe there was something wrong with your payment method. If it was out of stock, which mine was, most likely they didn’t receive enough copies and all you can do is wait till they restock
Just straight cancelled. They asked me to and I successfully updated my payment information on 1/22, and my card is showing the charge, so that wasn't the issue. The store shows the game in stock for pick up as well.

I ordered when I had GCU, which has since expired. So I'll lose the $10 pre-order cert and the discount. I'm super frustrated.

Just straight cancelled. They asked me to and I successfully updated my payment information on 1/22, and my card is showing the charge, so that wasn't the issue. The store shows the game in stock for pick up as well.

I ordered when I had GCU, which has since expired. So I'll lose the $10 pre-order cert and the discount. I'm super frustrated.
Wow I hope they didn’t sell it to someone else. Ordered mine with gcu as well but no longer have gcu. I’d definitely give customer service a call. I’ll wait n see if they restock at my store so it still counts as a pre order

Has anyone’s GCU expired and received a 20% off coupon? I’m trying to open the email now and it says it’s expired.

Has anyone’s GCU expired and received a 20% off coupon? I’m trying to open the email now and it says it’s expired.
Same crap happened with my link. I know we had a few more months to use it before it expires, not sure why the link with the code would.

Checking Best Buy forums and many people have the same issue. Someone suggested looking through your browser history and clicking on the link from the first time you did. Surprisingly it worked and took a screenshot of the code this time. I searched "emailinfo2" in my history as that is part of the link.

Not sure if others use Best Buy reward certs for POSA cards like Eshop, PSN, Xbox, etc, but I found out last night when I went out there for my shift that it no longer works as of 2/5/19.

Posted this in the weekly ad thread but it is probably more relevant here.

This is a pic I took at my local BB last Friday. False advertising or no?[attachment=31844:20190215_103729.jpg]

Dead or Alive 6 has an incorrect date, but online it is advertising a $10 e-gift card (so, not *technically* part of the $10 reward cert promo, but close enough).

The other games that are out already, can't tell if they had an e-GC, but they weren't part of the official Get $10 Reward Cert promo (Except Anthem)

Posted this in the weekly ad thread but it is probably more relevant here.

This is a pic I took at my local BB last Friday. False advertising or no?
attachicon.gif
20190215_103729.jpg
I think anthem is the only one?

Not sure if others use Best Buy reward certs for POSA cards like Eshop, PSN, Xbox, etc, but I found out last night when I went out there for my shift that it no longer works as of 2/5/19.
As of 2/16 I was still able to use a reward certificate to buy an eshop code.... this was the digital code, delivered via email. Not the POSA card... so there's a little bit of hope left.

Good to know. Here's the updated section in the T's and C's, though (interesting to note that prior purchases are also listed as a non-qualifying redemption...guess you miss a lot of communications when you only work once a month lol):

Non-Qualifying Redemptions
Except for Non-Qualifying Redemptions identified below, you may redeem reward certificates when the purchase value (excluding tax) exceeds the reward certificate amount. The following purchases or transactions are excluded from redemption of reward certificates (“Non-Qualifying Redemptions”): Prior purchases, leased products, purchases/rentals at rent-to-own locations inside Best Buy Stores, purchases from a Best Buy Store on a third-party website or marketplace (such as Amazon, Google or eBay), some purchases at stand-alone Pacific Sales® Kitchen and Bath Centers, LLC stores, or at Pacific Sales locations within Best Buy Stores, purchase of Best Buy or Magnolia gift cards, point of sale activation (“POSA”) cards, purchases made for resale, payment on any My Best Buy Credit Card, certain premium major home appliances and home theater products, any online transaction that contains the purchase of a Best Buy gift card, sales tax, service charges, and discounted Best Buy Business or commercial purchases. Other exclusions may also apply.

As of 2/16 I was still able to use a reward certificate to buy an eshop code.... this was the digital code, delivered via email. Not the POSA card... so there's a little bit of hope left.

Went to pre-order Anthem but the steelbook is not available at my store for pick up and it can't be shipped anymore apparently.

This sucks.

Really struggling with anthem, still have GCU and with the $10, its always a great deal, but the game just doesn't interest me, will probably be 29.99 in 3 weeks.

Really struggling with anthem, still have GCU and with the $10, its always a great deal, but the game just doesn't interest me, will probably be 29.99 in 3 weeks.
I was debating over Anthem as well but I went ahead and picked up my pre-order at the early release since I was out anyway. Being Elite Plus with the 45 day price match window helped my decision.

I was debating over Anthem as well but I went ahead and picked up my pre-order at the early release since I was out anyway. Being Elite Plus with the 45 day price match window helped my decision.
Decided to pick mine up, and its really not bad, the flying reminds me of ZOE a little, and destiny of course, but pretty fun.

Speaking of Anthem, did anyone get the preorder bonus in their e-mail? My order status says it was e-mailed, but I didn't get anything (checked spam folder of course).

Decided to pick mine up, and its really not bad, the flying reminds me of ZOE a little, and destiny of course, but pretty fun.
After seeing AngryJoe’s rant, I think I’ll wait for a price drop. It could really be fun at times but the loading times and the grind just kills it for me

Speaking of Anthem, did anyone get the preorder bonus in their e-mail? My order status says it was e-mailed, but I didn't get anything (checked spam folder of course).
I got a preorder bonus through email. Said something about beta access and a theme. Haven’t redeemed it yet though.

AFAIK, it was tied to the demo access code. The fine print is also worded pretty badly; I can't tell if they mean that the Legion armor is also included in Legion of Dawn edition or it they're blatantly advertising something from that edition on the pre-order bonus that isn't otherwise included with the code. The latter wouldn't make any sense, but the GF does not have access to the Ranger version of the armor that should have been included so IDK what's going on.

Has anyone received an email with pre-order bonuses other than the demo access from months ago?

I had some fun with it during the demo (when it was working) and the EA Access trial but I'm keeping my copy sealed for a while. Picked up Far Cry: New Dawn with Anthem so I'll probably play through that and Metro Exodus first.

AFAIK, it was tied to the demo access code. The fine print is also worded pretty badly; I can't tell if they mean that the Legion armor is also included in Legion of Dawn edition or it they're blatantly advertising something from that edition on the pre-order bonus that isn't otherwise included with the code. The latter wouldn't make any sense, but the GF does not have access to the Ranger version of the armor that should have been included so IDK what's going on.

Has anyone received an email with pre-order bonuses other than the demo access from months ago?
I only got the email from the VIP demo which I never used. I bought the LoD edition though and noticed when I redeemed the code in there for those items it also added a pre-order bonus items to my DL queue on Xbox, but it doesn't call out what those items are or anything so I am wondering the same thing.

Anthem preorder items are an “add on” for the game you have to install. Should be in your “ready to install” section if you’re on Xbox.
Once installed you speak with one of the vendors. Begins with a P. Always talks about adding the “thunder” to your javelin.

It gives an emblem, lvl18 legendary weapon, a banner, and you don’t know it but also a paint surface type.

This

And this. The game isn't that bad... AAA top tier, no.. But it's not that bad. But the roadmap they just released... first words:

"The world of Anthem is a dangerous place. Chaotic. Unpredictable. A world left unfinished"

ouch..

Anthem preorder items are an “add on” for the game you have to install. Should be in your “ready to install” section if you’re on Xbox.
Once installed you speak with one of the vendors. Begins with a P. Always talks about adding the “thunder” to your javelin.

It gives an emblem, lvl18 legendary weapon, a banner, and you don’t know it but also a paint surface type.
Did you get some sort of separate code for this? I got legion of dawn so I think many of those items were just duplicates for what was included (which really makes me wonder what the point of dawn edition was. . .maybe just the jav armor).

bread's done
Back