Best Buy DOTD: 05/01 Disney Infinity: 2.0 Collector Edition PS3/PS4 $89.99/Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/XB1 $39.99

dreamer131313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Best Buy DOTD: 05/01 Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition)PS3/PS4 $89.99/Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/XB1 $39.99

Disney Infinity: 2.0 Collector Edition PS3/PS4 $89.99 ($71.99 GCU)

PS3 Version

PS4 Version

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/XB1 $39.99 (31.99 GCU)

XB1 Version

PS4 Version

Last edited by a moderator:
debating buying Titanfall for the 3rd time..

first time i traded it in during the Target 3x trade in

second time it got old quick

i have $10 in credit so is it worth $2 to me? hmm....
It's not worth it for this price, since it's just the base game whereas the digital deluxe w/ season pass was $12.50.

So this "deal" is horrible compared to previous prices

Anyone considering buying Resistance 2, be aware that the servers shut down last year and none of the multiplayer works anymore.  A real shame, as the cooperative mode was a lot of fun.

Keep in mind there is no LFE support for the PS4 if you have a home theater.
I've never thought about this as being a feature in games and certainly have not heard about it being left out of the PS4 version. Are you implying that it is normally included in games and is not in the PS4 version of GTA5 specifically?

I've never thought about this as being a feature in games and certainly have not heard about it being left out of the PS4 version. Are you implying that it is normally included in games and is not in the PS4 version of GTA5 specifically?

I have GTA V for Xbox 360 day one when it launched. Perfect audio. Bought it for PS4 day one, played for an hour, never played the game again. There is minimal surround support and no LFE for PS4. I've posted on several forums, wrote to rockstar direct and on Twitter, and nothing has changed. Here's a link to a current thread where it's being discussed:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2v408g/does_gta_v_for_ps4_offer_support_for_lfe/

I have GTA V for Xbox 360 day one when it launched. Perfect audio. Bought it for PS4 day one, played for an hour, never played the game again. There is minimal surround support and no LFE for PS4. I've posted on several forums, wrote to rockstar direct and on Twitter, and nothing has changed. Here's a link to a current thread where it's being discussed:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2v408g/does_gta_v_for_ps4_offer_support_for_lfe/
This was posted a few days ago. So no one noticed it for these last few months?

PS4 is the only next gen system that I own and I do not have surround sound. I also looked at graphics between PS4 and xbone and PS4 comes out on top. It has superior quantity of grass rendering on screen compared to xbone.

This was posted a few days ago. So no one noticed it for these last few months?

PS4 is the only next gen system that I own and I do not have surround sound. I also looked at graphics between PS4 and xbone and PS4 comes out on top. It has superior quantity of grass rendering on screen compared to xbone.
The graphics are unreal. The issue for me is audio. I cannot and will not play a game without good audio and LFE(subwoofer) support. Some of my best memories are cruising around in GTAs on various systems listening to music and feeling every gunshot from my sub. None of this happens with the PS4 version specifically when it worked perfectly fine on Xbox 360 and PS3.

By the way I have other posts on other forums going back over a month. It's never been resolved.

The graphics are unreal. The issue for me is audio. I cannot and will not play a game without good audio and LFE(subwoofer) support. Some of my best memories are cruising around in GTAs on various systems listening to music and feeling every gunshot from my sub. None of this happens with the PS4 version specifically when it worked perfectly fine on Xbox 360 and PS3.

By the way I have other posts on other forums going back over a month. It's never been resolved.
I read the reddit post that you linked, and it looks like people say LFE is working for them on PS4.

I read the reddit post that you linked, and it looks like people say LFE is working for them on PS4.

Overall I found that there is surround support in specific receiver modes, yet it's so subtle I can't even hear it. I have to crank the volume up so high to hear surrounds while the front channels are too extreme. Yet not once does LFE hit no matter how high the volume.

Yesterday I put in CoD AW afterwards testing GTA V and like clockwork, all audio is perfect. Rotating the right joystick/camera and everything sounds like real life, the sub shaking my floor and walls, even with a sub riser.

I have yet to go in my receiver settings to change anything within that, and honestly I don't want to as everything works across all systems, Apple tv, PS3, Xbox 360. It's this one game on one system that is giving me a problem.

I put a good 500 hours into Destiny and just started CoD AW this week. Both have perfect surround and LFE. My volume with Destiny is usually set to -35 so I can hear all channels with some LFE and also be able to chat with a mic in my party so the speakers don't annoy people and pick up on the mic. Now with CoD AW I'm currently playing single player and have the volume higher at -20. It's nice and loud. If I raise the volume to -15, I know my neighbors next door hear the bass...

Now go throw in GTA. -35 and I only hear front audio. -20 and a hint of surrounds. -10 and the front is crazy loud, like how grandpa has the tv when he's watching wheel of fortune. And even at this point, surrounds are minimal and no LFE except when I hit the menu button.

I found the receipt from my purchase last year and I'm hoping the store will let me exchange the disc. If that new disc doesn't work, I hope I can get a refund.

This sounds really weird and sounds like something possibly related to your specific setup, however I know very little about LFE. I have a decent sound setup and have always just assumed that the receiver decodes Dolby, DTS, etc. and that info determines what goes to a subwoofer, etc. I have heard weird things relating to sound problems from how the DVD/Blu-ray was stamped, so maybe it's related to that. I haven't even opened my copy of the game. Maybe i'll try it out soon, but i'm guessing it may be a weird quirk with the sound encoding that just doesn't translate to your receiver well for some reason - especially since there doesn't seem to be many other people with similar problems.

EDIT: It looks like some of my ponderings are addressed in the reddit stuff. Don't be too shocked if there's some sort of firmware update for your receiver that could help.

Overall I found that there is surround support in specific receiver modes, yet it's so subtle I can't even hear it. I have to crank the volume up so high to hear surrounds while the front channels are too extreme. Yet not once does LFE hit no matter how high the volume.

Yesterday I put in CoD AW afterwards testing GTA V and like clockwork, all audio is perfect. Rotating the right joystick/camera and everything sounds like real life, the sub shaking my floor and walls, even with a sub riser.

I have yet to go in my receiver settings to change anything within that, and honestly I don't want to as everything works across all systems, Apple tv, PS3, Xbox 360. It's this one game on one system that is giving me a problem.

I put a good 500 hours into Destiny and just started CoD AW this week. Both have perfect surround and LFE. My volume with Destiny is usually set to -35 so I can hear all channels with some LFE and also be able to chat with a mic in my party so the speakers don't annoy people and pick up on the mic. Now with CoD AW I'm currently playing single player and have the volume higher at -20. It's nice and loud. If I raise the volume to -15, I know my neighbors next door hear the bass...

Now go throw in GTA. -35 and I only hear front audio. -20 and a hint of surrounds. -10 and the front is crazy loud, like how grandpa has the tv when he's watching wheel of fortune. And even at this point, surrounds are minimal and no LFE except when I hit the menu button.

I found the receipt from my purchase last year and I'm hoping the store will let me exchange the disc. If that new disc doesn't work, I hope I can get a refund.
Are you referring to exchange you GTA V disk? That will doubtfully correct anything as the problem may be in the game itself (and not with the disk) or possibly with your setup.

Are you referring to exchange you GTA V disk? That will doubtfully correct anything as the problem may be in the game itself (and not with the disk) or possibly with your setup.
The only recourse is to exchange the disc. It cannot be my setup. Everything works perfect since it was professionally calibrated years back. All consoles, Apple tv, all games work flawlessly. This one game on PS4 doesn't work. I have reinstalled the game. I have re-downloaded patches. Nothing has fixed the issue.

The only recourse is to exchange the disc. It cannot be my setup. Everything works perfect since it was professionally calibrated years back. All consoles, Apple tv, all games work flawlessly. This one game on PS4 doesn't work. I have reinstalled the game. I have re-downloaded patches. Nothing has fixed the issue.
Rozz said it is probably the cheap and outdated equipment you are using in your setup

If there is something wrong with the disk itself then you probably wouldn't be able to play the game. If your setup is as solid as you say (not questioning that), then really the only other thing would be the game itself (the software on the disk) and changing out your disk for another disk wouldn't accomplish anything. And the only way to fix the problem at that point is through the dev releasing a patch that addresses it.

Rozz said it is probably the cheap and outdated equipment you are using in your setup
Sigh, anyway...

Monopoly, the worst game ever invented. :puke:
This is actually the worst game ever invented

pic1872452.jpg

:p

Monopoly, the worst game ever invented. :puke:
I liked that game as a child, damn you. Back then I didn't have any video games. My parents didn't like them. So whenever I was in a gaming mood, I... played Monopoly... Sad times... But it was still a good game, to me. I LIKED IT, DAMMIT!

I liked that game as a child, damn you. Back then I didn't have any video games. My parents didn't like them. So whenever I was in a gaming mood, I... played Monopoly... Sad times... But it was still a good game, to me. I LIKED IT, DAMMIT!
I used to always want to play Monopoly when I was a kid because my parents were the same and we only had board games and Monopoly was always what the happy families on TV played. This is how I learned that TV is a lie.

The game is very buggy and one person said you need PSN to play.  Not sure if that last part is true but amazon reviews state various crashes.  $16 + tax might not be worth it.  I'll wait for $10... I'd love to give this a spin with the kids, but if it's going to crash all the time, I'll just have them watch me play #killallzombies or geometry wars.

Figures that this pops up now that the cartwheel offer is over...
I would have made a target purchase if the sales lined up with cartwheel. I'm sure this game is just as overproduced as every other ubisoft game. Guessing there will be another sale like this in the future at a lower price.

Not sure if this is known or even wanted, but FF XIV A Realm Reborn (PS4) is $19.99 after Gamers Club offer ($15.99 after GCU! ) Price is reflected after added to cart

Not sure if this is known or even wanted, but FF XIV A Realm Reborn (PS4) is $19.99 after Gamers Club offer ($15.99 after GCU! ) Price is reflected after added to cart
This is still $15.99 too much for a game that requires you to pay a monthly subscription fee IMHO.

Amazon has matched at $19.99. 

I have this game from Gamefly, and it's been alright in my opinion. I have suffered two times where the game stops working. The system doesn't lock up or anything, but the game just stops progression. Fortunately the game does auto save after every players turn, so I didn't lose progress. I may bite and just pick it up now. The game has proven to be fun and can be share played with another player. The auto save makes it ideal for me. 

bread's done
Back