Best Buy DOTD: 05/01 Disney Infinity: 2.0 Collector Edition PS3/PS4 $89.99/Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/XB1 $39.99

dreamer131313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Best Buy DOTD: 05/01 Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition)PS3/PS4 $89.99/Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/XB1 $39.99

Disney Infinity: 2.0 Collector Edition PS3/PS4 $89.99 ($71.99 GCU)

PS3 Version

PS4 Version

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/XB1 $39.99 (31.99 GCU)

XB1 Version

PS4 Version

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if you will ever see Netflix on this. This isn't marketed as a multi-media player. It's an extension to the Ps4/Vita/Psnow game library.
You're the first I've heard of not liking the Fire Stick, what's wrong with it? I use Roku atm.
I've got the Fire TV (not the stick) and the only problem with it as far as I'm concerned is that it doesn't have VUDU.

It stutters A LOT (WWE, Netlfix, YouTube) and loses the wifi signal just about every night. I need to then either get up and unplug/replug the device or go to the wifi settings, forget the network, readd it, put in the password, and then it works again. I do not have those issues with my consoles, iOS devices, or PC. When the Fire TV Stick stops working I've then tried Netflix etc on other devices in the same room and they work fine. When it stutters, I then stop the video and try to watch from another device and have no issues. Apparently my exact problem is common according to threads on Amazon's site and there is no tech support resolution. The signal says it's fine (like my other devices), but it simply does not want to work properly. I picked it up when Amazon had it on sale for $19, so even when I have issues I just say to myself "hey it was 20 bucks", but I would never recommend it to anyone based on my experience with it.
That sucks. I wasnt aware that the Fire stick had those issues. Mine works just as advertised I guess, no disconnects or lag. Its quite faster than the roku 2 I had (gave it away after I got the Fire). Can't imagine looking back. But I think ur device is defective. My family has other Fire sticks, and everyone reports it works well/great with no issues.

It stutters A LOT (WWE, Netlfix, YouTube) and loses the wifi signal just about every night. I need to then either get up and unplug/replug the device or go to the wifi settings, forget the network, readd it, put in the password, and then it works again. I do not have those issues with my consoles, iOS devices, or PC. When the Fire TV Stick stops working I've then tried Netflix etc on other devices in the same room and they work fine. When it stutters, I then stop the video and try to watch from another device and have no issues. Apparently my exact problem is common according to threads on Amazon's site and there is no tech support resolution. The signal says it's fine (like my other devices), but it simply does not want to work properly. I picked it up when Amazon had it on sale for $19, so even when I have issues I just say to myself "hey it was 20 bucks", but I would never recommend it to anyone based on my experience with it.
I have the same problem to some extent. Every couple of days or so it'll just drop the connection as well, and I have to go through the same process of unplugging the unit and resetting my router. It's a minor inconvenience though as it's not used daily. Guess I can try to return as defective and get a new unit as someone else mentioned.

I got the Vita TV bundle from Amazon (controller, lego movie game voucher and 8gb memory) for 79.99 and I downloaded the compatible vita/psp games onto it. It is not being used for any streaming so I put CFW and now use it for playing rom emulators and XBMC/KODI. Not a bad purchase after I started using it for features that were not a part of the original features. LOL
How does CFW work? can I still stream from ps4 and do I have to have a separate memory card then my vita?

I honestly think this is a steal if you have a dual shock controller already.

Sure, it's not as good as having a vita, but for $60 you're giving yourself access to a ton of great titles that a lot of people missed out on from the PSP and PS vita.

But I still think you're better off looking for a good Vita slim deal ultimately, especially if you have a PS4. PS Vita remote play is neat on that, it basically gives your PS4 Wii U functionality.

Perfect timing, I broke my Vita earler this week and can't afford a new one quite yet, this PS TV should hold me over till I can get a real Vita down the road.  And I had $20 in RZ points, so even nicer.  Looking forward to KZ with the DS4.

Damn this is tempting, I was originally going to buy one at launch for remote play, but that didn't turn out well. Still kinda worth it to play vita games on the TV, but I think this can drop more, is this the lowest price so far? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger once it hits $50 or less.

Been thinking about getting one for CFW, but I already have a PSP Go with the dock that I don't really use much so it definitely feels like it would be a waste. Like others I think I'll be in at the 30-40 price range though

The price of the PSTV has gone down so fast, it would be a crime to buy it right now. It'll only get cheaper.

Also, it does it use the proprietary memory card format like the Vita? I would factor in the cost of that as well.

I've got the Fire TV (not the stick) and the only problem with it as far as I'm concerned is that it doesn't have VUDU.
I've got one too, I believe you can use Flixster or CinemaNow to watch Ultraviolet movies, I actually like either of those better than VUDU anymore. I sideloaded Kodi (XBMC) and it works a treat. I can stream nearly anything off my network, and for that matter when I'm patient practically anything from Torrents too.

My biggest problems with FireTV is the internal storage is dinky (8GB) and it doesn't allow use of the external USB for storage (hence I stream a lot). That being said, I didn't like the FireTV when I got it 9/14, but now it's my go-to streaming device whetherin the Amazon garden or outside via Kodi. It plays games pretty decent too, just needs a better selection, or more support for side-loading, for instance Humble Bundle game support would be killer! Many non-Fire-TV ported games have controller issues or resolution/layout problems.

Had this in my cart at Amazon until I checked supported games. Not worth it for me...
For the record, the official list of supported games hasn't been updated since before last October, even though support for at least a few games (Suikoden and Soul Sacrifice Delta that I have personal experience with) has been added since.

If you already have a Vita, I'd say skip the PS TV unless you think you can get some use out of switching your Vita games to the big screen, or you want a TV-connected streaming option for your PS3/PS4. Even then, find some way to get the PS TV cheaper than this. I was able to get the bundle version (came with a 8GB memory card, Lego Movie game, and Dualshock 3) plus a $10 PSN card for $80 and tax, and that, I think, was worth it. Of course, I didn't already have a Vita, and I'm not interested in many of the early Vita games that still don't have support and aren't likely to get it.

For the record, the official list of supported games hasn't been updated since before last October, even though support for at least a few games (Suikoden and Soul Sacrifice Delta that I have personal experience with) has been added since.

If you already have a Vita, I'd say skip the PS TV unless you think you can get some use out of switching your Vita games to the big screen, or you want a TV-connected streaming option for your PS3/PS4. Even then, find some way to get the PS TV cheaper than this. I was able to get the bundle version (came with a 8GB memory card, Lego Movie game, and Dualshock 3) plus a $10 PSN card for $80 and tax, and that, I think, was worth it. Of course, I didn't already have a Vita, and I'm not interested in many of the early Vita games that still don't have support and aren't likely to get it.
Tales of Hearts R would be a big plus for me, do you know if that is supported? Thanks for the tip.

Same here. I want to see how low this thing can go.
maUCWpp.gif

From what I'm reading to install custom firmware you have to buy a exploit game from PSN and they are usually only available for a day or two before being taken down? Is that true? So if I bought this PS TV I would have to wait for one of these exploits to show up again before actually installing CFW?

I've modded quite a few different devices but trying to read about the vita modding is making me feel like an idiot.

Anyone tried streaming ps4 games on this? How does it stack up? I use my vita to play destiny sometimes in my bedroom. My ps4 is in the living room. Vita still lags for me. I wonder if a wired connection of the ps tv will help on that.

From what I'm reading to install custom firmware you have to buy a exploit game from PSN and they are usually only available for a day or two before being taken down? Is that true? So if I bought this PS TV I would have to wait for one of these exploits to show up again before actually installing CFW?

I've modded quite a few different devices but trying to read about the vita modding is making me feel like an idiot.
I have 3 vitas

1 modded. Yes you would need to wait for an "exploit" to be revealed and jump on it before Sony takes the game down

Vita is a tad bit more complicated to mod, unlike the PSP Go etc...

Honestly i would stick with a PSP Go + cradle setup

The reason I modded my vita was to play Homebrew and Emulators on the OLED

To play your digital Psp/Vita games on your modded PS TV they would need to be already bought and downloaded prior to modding the console, because you lose connection to PSN permanently afterwards. Then all you have is game carts

Again if all you want to do is play emulators on the big screen

The cheaper route is a psp go setup or even that android game stick for $19 at gamestop everyone is getting.

Anyone tried streaming ps4 games on this? How does it stack up? I use my vita to play destiny sometimes in my bedroom. My ps4 is in the living room. Vita still lags for me. I wonder if a wired connection of the ps tv will help on that.
Yes, you will want a wired connection for the PS TV. I had to buy a router extender so that I could wire both the PS4 and the PS TV. Before I received the extender, the PS TV would lose its connection to the PS4 every 10-15 minutes. Since I got the extender, I have never lost a connection and there has been almost no lag whatsoever. I know a lot of people here are waiting for a lower price point, but I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

you dont not necessarily need a wired connection to stream with quality to the pstv or a router extender (however depending on distance you may want one to extend the overall wifi coverage in your home depending where the ps4 is and where th pstv is)

my ps4 wired and pstv wireless are both on the same router and about 75 feet away from each other and I do not have any issues streaming games. The only game ive even experienced a delay streaming with is Nba2k15 not sure why and I dont yet have a router extender so I may try that to see if that improves it but for one game atm its not worth the cost to me.

I have a belkin dual band gigabit router. 

My internet speed is download: 44.10 mbps and upload 10.28 mbps. 

hope this helps anyway on the fence. 

Just curious, I posted earlier that I had a huge improvement on my vita and pstv after disabling "directly connect to Vita" setting in Ps4 settings. Have you tried that?

Tempted but I think I'll wait until it goes lower. The fact that it isn't available at my local store and will take 3-5 days for pick-up certainly helped in deciding to wait.

Bought one for 44$ after some credits :). Also bought one of those elgato hd60 capture card and hdmi splitter to record some nice gameplay! 

Bought one too. Most games I care about are supported, and it'll solve my wrist issues cause I can just use a DS3/DS4.

Already have a Vita, extra controllers, and memory card, so this is a supplement for me, unlike most of you. I only play at home anyways.

Is this the thread where instead of adding something useful or interesting, I just post "$40 or less" like a ton of people already have? Because that's a wave I feel I absolutely need to catch!

Just curious, I posted earlier that I had a huge improvement on my vita and pstv after disabling "directly connect to Vita" setting in Ps4 settings. Have you tried that?
I actually dont have ps tv yet. I do connect my vita remotely to my ps4 over my wifi internet rather than connect directly via console range. And its faster that way specially since im far from the console.

I was asking if the ps tv does the same thing when it connects to the ps4. Does it connect directly to it via range and does it have the function of connecting over the internet aswell?

Any word on this supporting the PS2 ports down the road? For me that would make this device golden.
In all likelihood, it will be done through Playstation Now so you'd have to rent the game and stream it. They haven't made any PS2 Classics compatible with the Vita and I don't think there are plans to.

I actually dont have ps tv yet. I do connect my vita remotely to my ps4 over my wifi internet rather than connect directly via console range. And its faster that way specially since im far from the console.

I was asking if the ps tv does the same thing when it connects to the ps4. Does it connect directly to it via range and does it have the function of connecting over the internet aswell?
Both. Pstv will prioritize direct connect if it's enabled, or with over your own network if direct connect is disabled. Just like the Vita

For people asking about game support, check out the PS TV Compatibility thread in the Vita forum and offer up games of your own that work or don't work since it's a wiki thread.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only one that i heard working properly heard other splitters have problem/dont work. So far with google only one i can find that everyone reccomends and made sure its the same exact amazon link as the people who tried it.
This is what I use and it works perfectly with my Elgato HD60.

Does anyone know if the Elgato Game Capture HD works for the Playstation TV with the hdmi splitter? Or does it only work with the Elgato HD60?

bread's done
Back