Best Buy DOTD: 05/01 Disney Infinity: 2.0 Collector Edition PS3/PS4 $89.99/Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/XB1 $39.99

dreamer131313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Best Buy DOTD: 05/01 Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition)PS3/PS4 $89.99/Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/XB1 $39.99

Disney Infinity: 2.0 Collector Edition PS3/PS4 $89.99 ($71.99 GCU)

PS3 Version

PS4 Version

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/XB1 $39.99 (31.99 GCU)

XB1 Version

PS4 Version

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently had to choose between the Vita TV and an actual Vita; the low price point of the TV was nice, but I went with the Vita for portability and full compatibility.

Its a great Minecraft machine for the kids. Playing indie games like luftrausers is pretty cool. Don't consider it a vita. It is something else that can play vita games. Its not meant to replace it.

what exactly does this thing do? My understanding is it lets you play vita games on the TV with a ps4 controller or something, which sounds great. But suposedly a lot of games; particularly rpgs that i would want to play dont work? Can someone give me the breakdown of exacty what this does?

what exactly does this thing do? My understanding is it lets you play vita games on the TV with a ps4 controller or something, which sounds great. But suposedly a lot of games; particularly rpgs that i would want to play dont work? Can someone give me the breakdown of exacty what this does?
From my understanding, yes, a lot of vita games are not compatible. But it also lets you stream ps4 games, so you can have it hooked up in a different room. Apparently you need to have both divices ( your PS4 and the PS TV) hooked up with a wired connection, or you need a very fast modem to get it to be playable wirelessly. I haven't tried it yet, but the price has me curious.

From my understanding, yes, a lot of vita games are not compatible. But it also lets you stream ps4 games, so you can have it hooked up in a different room. Apparently you need to have both divices ( your PS4 and the PS TV) hooked up with a wired connection, or you need a very fast modem to get it to be playable wirelessly. I haven't tried it yet, but the price has me curious.
This is what I'm more interested in. Anyone can chime in and tell us how well the streaming works?

Anyone have a list of compatible games?

If the list was decent and with at least a 8gb memory card, I would be probably buy at $60.

My price point was $50 but I think I'm dropping it to $40 ... Sony has shown zero post-launch support for this and even at $40 I may still debate picking one up.

My price point was $50 but I think I'm dropping it to $40 ... Sony has shown zero post-launch support for this and even at $40 I may still debate picking one up.
My price point was $60, the only question is if I should grab a dual shock 3 or use my dual shock 4 and also if I should grab an extra vita memory card for this thing too? Suggestions anyone?

thanks.. that sounds moderately interesing but the cable requirement kinda kills the point. Really i would just want it to play vita games on TV, but if most games i want to play won work then whats the point? Like most of you i may just wait <50 bucks on this.

I got the Vita TV bundle from Amazon (controller, lego movie game voucher and 8gb memory) for 79.99 and I downloaded the compatible vita/psp games onto it. It is not being used for any streaming so I put CFW and now use it for playing rom emulators and XBMC/KODI. Not a bad purchase after I started using it for features that were not a part of the original features. LOL

Does this work well to play PS4 games on another TV? My PS4 is downstairs and my X1 upstairs but I've found I like playing the X1 more just because of its location more than anything else. I can even it out a bit by getting this (still want to keep the PS4 where it is for the rest of the family).

But just for that purpose, $60 still seems like a bit too much. And I worry about lag and other issues.

OK, that Kotaku article pretty much put me off of it for anything more than $40. It could have lag issues even when wired up (which is how I'd do it), and I don't want to deal with that. For $40 or less I'd give it a try though.

I got the Vita TV bundle from Amazon (controller, lego movie game voucher and 8gb memory) for 79.99 and I downloaded the compatible vita/psp games onto it. It is not being used for any streaming so I put CFW and now use it for playing rom emulators and XBMC/KODI. Not a bad purchase after I started using it for features that were not a part of the original features. LOL
Which Xbmc/kodi version is compatible? Android?

devil's advocate here, this is actually great for playing vita games on the tv. as long as you know what games dont work, which is quite a few of the plus games, but if you already have a large number of digital vita games but no vita this is a decent option. i had a few with crossbuy from my ps3 and since its now YLOD, i play them on the pstv.

It is not being used for any streaming so I put CFW and now use it for playing rom emulators and XBMC/KODI. Not a bad purchase after I started using it for features that were not a part of the original features. LOL
When did that become possible?

Thinking about seeing if Dell will price match this. Ive got a couple of Dell GC from some gaming deals recently. :whistle2:k

It is not being used for any streaming so I put CFW and now use it for playing rom emulators and XBMC/KODI. Not a bad purchase after I started using it for features that were not a part of the original features. LOL
When did that become possible?

Im wondering if Dell will price match this. Ive got a couple of $25 Dell Gift Cards from their recent promo.

I'm interested in this but need the bundle with the controller.  The price of this console is falling precipitously, even faster than the Xbox One did and a larger amount as a percentage of it's original cost (originally $100 for the console and $140 for the bundle).

I really like mine. It's nice to have the vita games on a big screen and my ps4 is just a room over so streaming to it is pretty good. My hands don't get as cramped playing too since I can use a normal controller.

I want one but think I'll hold out a little longer until its $40 or less.

I use my vita a lot to play Destiny. The controls are okay but nowhere near the same as using a controller. I also get frequent disconnects over wifi. I think part of it is my crappy network and using the standard FiOS router.

I think after Best Buy cancelled a lot of the MM 3DS XL orders, they apologized with a $50 gift card. So using that on this deal would amount to $9.99.
Oh Wow I thought is was credit for a new 3DS ONLY. LOL I was gonna sell the code for like ten bucks I just tried it on an item higher than fifty bucks and it worked! Thanks!

Im in the same boat as most people it seems. I would like to get a Vita Tv, but my buy price has been going down to at least $40 now. The features all seems great, but from all reviews/thoughts I've read online, this device is lacking in features and support. And not to mention that support from Sony seems to be death on arrival (and this IMO follows Sony's history of creating peripherals and not supporting them at all after lunch, ala Move).

I like mine a lot, with the only negative being that I had to buy a wireless extender to make the remote play work properly. I don't know if it's still there, but someone in the trade forum was offering the TV plus a 32gb memory card for $65 shipped, which I thought was a steal.

I was thinking of getting one, but after reading all of your opinions on it. I think I'll wait for it to drop a little more.

I want one but think I'll hold out a little longer until its $40 or less.

I use my vita a lot to play Destiny. The controls are okay but nowhere near the same as using a controller. I also get frequent disconnects over wifi. I think part of it is my crappy network and using the standard FiOS router.
I was getting a lot of disconnects with the Vita. I picked up a PSTV just before Christmas, I thought the PS TV would work better. The first couple of days of getting my PSTV I was very disappointed with the streaming connection from the PS4. I did a little research and found some help. Disabling the "Directly connect to Vita" setting on the PS4 made a huge difference for me.(I believe its private network is only over one channel)

Also, Using a Moca connection (easy setup, only 1 adapter needed on FiOS) with the PSTV has been flawless, I haven't had a connection drop since on the PSTV. At this point, I'm happy with my purchase since it was cheaper than buying another PS4.

I'd love to pick one of these up to replace my POS Amazon Fire TV Stick...but, yaknow...no Netflix etc...

Does anyone know if GCU works with this? I doubt it, but I am tempted at this price to pick one up. It could be cool to be able to play some of my Vita games on my TV. 

I'd love to pick one of these up to replace my POS Amazon Fire TV Stick...but, yaknow...no Netflix etc...
Don't know if you will ever see Netflix on this. This isn't marketed as a multi-media player. It's an extension to the Ps4/Vita/Psnow game library.
You're the first I've heard of not liking the Fire Stick, what's wrong with it? I use Roku atm.

Huh? Fire TV Stick is great!
Don't know if you will ever see Netflix on this. This isn't marketed as a multi-media player. It's an extension to the Ps4/Vita/Psnow game library.
You're the first I've heard of not liking the Fire Stick, what's wrong with it? I use Roku atm.
It stutters A LOT (WWE, Netlfix, YouTube) and loses the wifi signal just about every night. I need to then either get up and unplug/replug the device or go to the wifi settings, forget the network, readd it, put in the password, and then it works again. I do not have those issues with my consoles, iOS devices, or PC. When the Fire TV Stick stops working I've then tried Netflix etc on other devices in the same room and they work fine. When it stutters, I then stop the video and try to watch from another device and have no issues. Apparently my exact problem is common according to threads on Amazon's site and there is no tech support resolution. The signal says it's fine (like my other devices), but it simply does not want to work properly. I picked it up when Amazon had it on sale for $19, so even when I have issues I just say to myself "hey it was 20 bucks", but I would never recommend it to anyone based on my experience with it.

It stutters A LOT (WWE, Netlfix, YouTube) and loses the wifi signal just about every night. I need to then either get up and unplug/replug the device or go to the wifi settings, forget the network, readd it, put in the password, and then it works again. I do not have those issues with my consoles, iOS devices, or PC. When the Fire TV Stick stops working I've then tried Netflix etc on other devices in the same room and they work fine. When it stutters, I then stop the video and try to watch from another device and have no issues. Apparently my exact problem is common according to threads on Amazon's site and there is no tech support resolution. The signal says it's fine (like my other devices), but it simply does not want to work properly. I picked it up when Amazon had it on sale for $19, so even when I have issues I just say to myself "hey it was 20 bucks", but I would never recommend it to anyone based on my experience with it.
sounds like you got a bad stick and should of just exchanged it. I have had mine for a month and a half using it 12 hours a day every day and it always plugged in and not one problem or any the problem you mentioned. The threads you referenced the ones that did have those problems exchanged those from the threads I seen and hadn't had problems since. So your best bet would of veen a exchange cause sound like you just got a bad unit.

bread's done
Back