Best Buy: Fable III & AC: Brotherhood Collector's Edition clearnce priced.

fallenjedi

CAGiversary!
Stopped by the Torrance, CA Best Buy after work tonight and found that Fable III Limited Collector's Edition (BB sku 1036776) was priced at $29.99, while Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition (BB sku 1338007) was priced at $59.99. I think fellow CAGers were finding Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood cheaper ($50), but I didn't want to chance missing out since almost every BB I've been to in the last 3 days never seemed to have the Xbox version in stock. Tons of PS3 versions but didn't confirm if they were also clearanced.

Maybe 6 copies left of Fable III, and 4 copies of AC: Brotherhood. Happy hunting!

[quote name='Serpentor']
Oh, the 10% coupon will not work on this... It's clearly marked down price.[/QUOTE]

There is no + sign noting a clearance price or * to note a markdown price on the receipt he posted, as far as I can tell... so why would this be different than the CoD: BO Prestige/Hardened edition?

Sounds like the Fable 3 CE might be system-wide. Some others to look for are Castlevania CE, and Force Unleashed 2 CE. I am almost positive both of those have dropped nationally in the system to $59.99 (that's been the price at about 3 stores I've been to). I like how BB is being pro-active about clearing these big CE's out. I guess they look at it in terms of shelf space; these kind of things take up a lot of it, and that's valuable real estate.

$60 for AC:B CE is still not a great price given the CE contents.

$30 for Fable III CE is a great price though.

[quote name='Serpentor']$60 for AC:B CE is still a lot of money IMO... Not motivated to check :lol:
Oh, the 10% coupon will not work on this... It's clearly marked down price.[/QUOTE]

I used the 10% off coupon. The tag (both on the box and the little price card) only said 59.99, and nothing about it being a clearance price. Plus I had a $50 gift card from christmas, so it ended up being $7.36 with tax.

Think I'll have any luck calling in for stock availability or will their system in-store show up as unavailable if there are less than 3 copies as well? I probably can't depend on them going out to look for it on the shelves to verify.

I may just need to consider using my lunch break to make the trip, but it isn't exactly all that conveniently close =/.

I called a couple stores. The first couldn't find it. I think she was looking up the sku on their internet stock. With the second store, I told her it wouldnt show on the internet sku, but the store/specials sku should show it. She found it, and held it at the customer service desk for me until I picked it up.

[quote name='Crazyhowie']Think I'll have any luck calling in for stock availability or will their system in-store show up as unavailable if there are less than 3 copies as well? I probably can't depend on them going out to look for it on the shelves to verify.

I may just need to consider using my lunch break to make the trip, but it isn't exactly all that conveniently close =/.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sgaldis']Sounds like the Fable 3 CE might be system-wide. Some others to look for are Castlevania CE, and Force Unleashed 2 CE. I am almost positive both of those have dropped nationally in the system to $59.99 (that's been the price at about 3 stores I've been to). I like how BB is being pro-active about clearing these big CE's out. I guess they look at it in terms of shelf space; these kind of things take up a lot of it, and that's valuable real estate.[/QUOTE]
you are right about Castlevania and SWTFU 2. They are both 59.99 online as well. I may have been wrong about the Fable and Ac:B being YMMV, but it still seems strange their own website would still show $99 for AC:B. If I could get out of work for lunch I would have gone and checked locally. Maybe tomorrow or tonight with some luck I can go check.

I would mostly just check for other CAGs as I agree with others that AC:B isnt worth the price for those cheap trinkets. Fable may be worth it, but I dont have a 360 anyway. Another thing, I dont understand why most/all CE/LE don't come in the Steelbook or TIN cases. Regular game cases for a CE/LE are starting to irk me. And I dont even buy that many! I just think a CE should come in something collectable, not some regular cheap plastic box.

Hi I picked up one today at the woodmore town center best buy. In Glen arden MD \wegmans area It rang up 29.99 There was one left I placed it in the wii section behind the wii messenger bag :)

Picked up AC:B CE at the Short Pump VA store. The mobile silver coupon worked for me and I'm not a silver member. The Fable 3 CEs were all gone but there were about 3 :360: and 2 :ps3: versions of AC:B CE left.

BTW, the shelving price-tag was marked correctly for the AC:B CE :360: and :ps3: versions at this store. (for the person looking for confirmation on the PS3 version being discounted)

Last edited by a moderator:
My local store is awful. They still have Bioshock 2 collectors edition and Modern warfare night vision edition for full price.

Just called my Best Buy in Kennewick, WA. The lady told me there were a bunch and it was showing up as $34.99 I guess? Not sure why that would be if it's system-wide... I'll likely go down there and double check and possibly grab it even at that price.

[quote name='Skulles']My local store is awful. They still have Bioshock 2 collectors edition and Modern warfare night vision edition for full price.[/QUOTE]
Both Toys R Us and Target already clearanced the Bioshock 2 CE out, so you might wanna check there to see if there's still one lurking around.;)

Did you scan the Brotherhood CE's, or just look at the price.

Edit:

Got a hold of a store near me, they are holding a copy of the fable 3 LE, hopefully it truly is clearanced nationwide.

FYI the store isn't accurate, when I went in the employee said someone was their earlier looking for fable 3 CE also but their system said they had 0 left so when i brought a copy of fable 3 he was shocked and there were 4 copies of fable 3 CE right on the bottom shelf...

Thanks OP. I called ahead (unlike dumbass SDers) and had one put on hold for me. Just before I came in El Hoardo brought the last 4 to the service counter and bought them all.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So is AC:B $59 or $34 or YMMV?[/QUOTE]
Sounds like it might still be slightly YMMV but AC:B CE was $59 today.

Went and picked one up at my local store in Fort Lauderdale this morning for $29.99.

Apparently no one in this area wants them even if they are clearly marked as the shelf was still stocked full.

Still wish stores would get away from using the Spider protection. The slip cover on the outside was fairly dented, however the actually book style on the inside of the flap was flawless.

Just got back from the Hawthorne, CA Best Buy #104 and picked up Brotherhood CE (360) for $59.99. They had 2 left, after I got mines. No Fable 3 CE though, I already got one from Target a while back for $19.98. Thanks for posting this fallenjedi :applause:

Florence, KY bestbuy is a no go.

They didnt have fable 3 ce but they the acb ce and I had them scan it out of curiosity and it came up 100 dollars.

I never liked BB much but their horror movie section was no bigger than my arm span, and all the employees were standing around and only people to ask if I needed help were guys trying to sell me direct tv, 3 seperate times. I dont think Ill be going back in there anymore.

Thanks OP.

Picked up Fable III for $26.99 AC. I also picked up PS3 ACB CE for $53.99 AC, not sure if I will keep it. It seems like the best price I have seen for ACB CE?

The store, San Carlos CA, shows none in stock online, but they had 4-5 Fable IIIs on the shelf and 3-4 Xbox360 ACB CE's. I picked up the only copy they have a ACB CE PS3.

They where not marked at the lower price and the 10% off coupon worked great.

All stores arround me (Central Maryland) have planty of AC Brotherhood LE but all ringed at $100. I chercked 4 stores.

Picked up both at the Glen Burnie, MD store today. Got the last Fable, but there are 4 AC:B for PS3 and 1 for 360 left.

I'm a little disappointed in Brotherhood, though. Not sure if I'll be keeping it.

Got the last Fable III from King of Prussia PA location today. Oh and picked up black ops yesterday, also the last one in that location. Figure Id let any local CAGs know not to waste the trip. Saw 2 copies of AC: BH CE but didnt price check it, the sticker said 99, but I assume all these prices are nationwide.

Arg... The odd $34.99 price I was told was obviously meant for the collector's guide for Fable III, since they don't have any of the game in stock at my store >

Just a question about Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition from Best Buy, does it come with the Officer code? I asked an employee before, but he was not sure.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Just a question about Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition from Best Buy, does it come with the Officer code? I asked an employee before, but he was not sure.[/QUOTE]

Mine did.

To anyone asking about the store locator, it definitely isn't always right. I just got back from the Little Rock, AR store where the locator said there weren't any Fable 3's in stock, but there was one sitting on the shelf. I bought it (the only copy I saw) along with a copy of Pokemon SoulSilver.

[quote name='gargus']All the employees were standing around and only people to ask if I needed help were guys trying to sell me direct tv, 3 seperate times. I dont think Ill be going back in there anymore.[/QUOTE]

Hah! I had some Direct TV people come up to me today too. First time that's ever happened, and it was pretty awkward.

Girl: (clad in her Direct TV uniform) Hi!
Me: Uh...hi.
Girl: Can I talk to you?
Me: Sure?
Girl: (two or three second pause with darting eye contact) So...do you have cable or satellite?
Me: No.
Girl: Oh...uh...I guess I can still talk to you about this. Wait, what do you do in your free time then?
Me: I play video games. (I hold up the game in my hand)
Girl: (reads the case) Fable 3, huh? How do you play it?
Me: I dunno. I haven't played it yet.
Girl: Oh, I guess not, because you haven't bought it yet.
Me: Yeah...
Girl: Umm, so...I'm going to call my manager over here to help me out.

It was sad, yet at the same time, pretty funny.

I bought the last two at the San Francisco, Harrison St location. I went in ther earlier, when they opened, and the rep didn't even seem like he wanted to help. I took a chance a went in there again and the rep I spoke to knew exactly what I was talking about. He said the person before me just bought six of them. Needless to say, I think they're all sold out this this location. Thanks, OP, I was down for missing the Target clearance on this.

Anyone feeling generous enough to grab me a Fable III CE? I'd be willing to pay up to $40-$45 for it shipped. I missed out on the mass Target clearance. :(

Can't believe there are still fable 3 ce in bb.

I bought a bunch in bb during the b2g1 when it fist came out. They were going for ~$100 in open markets.
a truly limited edition.....

One near me on the tracker for Fable 3, gonna go see if they got it in a couple of hours since I was heading that way anyway

Both my BBs have AC: Brotherhood in stock (unknown whether it's on clearance). I might have to bite on that, I've never played any of the "Assassins" games, but I've wanted to. What kinds of goodies come in the CE?

[quote name='floob']is fable III fun? all the reviews out there say meh...[/QUOTE] Big Fable fan and I was pretty disappointed in this. Still a good game, but Fable 2 was much better IMHO. Would have liked it much more if they just expanded on what made Fable 2 great instead of "streamlining" everything. I can no longer walk into town, pull out a Balverine head and have everyone within range cheer my greatness!? Instead you must press A to initiate conversation with one person at a time! And becoming King sounds like a good idea on paper, but this was the most boring portion of the game. Ridiculous step back form where they were headed with this series. $30 for the LE is still a good deal though! Pretty sweet packaging!

I see Assassins Creed at every store I go to, but no Fable's anymore, which I did see plenty of last week at full price. Of course, I already have ACB and was looking for Fable. Just my luck.

[quote name='HydroX']Anyone feeling generous enough to grab me a Fable III CE? I'd be willing to pay up to $40-$45 for it shipped. I missed out on the mass Target clearance. :([/QUOTE]

The second one I bought is for a friend but if I come across another I'll get it for you.

[quote name='floob']is fable III fun? all the reviews out there say meh...[/QUOTE]

Just another point of view, I found Fable 3 to be ok ... sort of boring though. And this is coming from someone who really didn't like Fable 2 and found it to be really weak compared to the original Fable (Lost Chapters of course, the only good Fable imo). Basically Peter M. just hypes up his games and continues to deliver disappointing crap. It has happened with almost every recent game from Lionhead. At first I thought it was just a fluke since some of Lionheads early games were quite good. But then B&W2 was a disappointment, Fable 2 was a watered down RPG lite, Fable 3 has horrible screen tearing and weak gameplay mechanics, it also suffers from a lack of enemies and nearly 0 real bosses to speak of. Basically, they didn't really address any of the complaints in Fable 2 and simply added a more modern setting, which imo isn't as cool because you're wearing alot of cloth compared to the cooler armor in Fable 2.

Is the game worth $30 ... sure why not ... is it a particularly good game that you will keep coming back to over time, no not really. Just my 2 cents.

bread's done
Back