Best Buy: Fable III & AC: Brotherhood Collector's Edition clearnce priced.

fallenjedi

CAGiversary!
Stopped by the Torrance, CA Best Buy after work tonight and found that Fable III Limited Collector's Edition (BB sku 1036776) was priced at $29.99, while Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition (BB sku 1338007) was priced at $59.99. I think fellow CAGers were finding Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood cheaper ($50), but I didn't want to chance missing out since almost every BB I've been to in the last 3 days never seemed to have the Xbox version in stock. Tons of PS3 versions but didn't confirm if they were also clearanced.

Maybe 6 copies left of Fable III, and 4 copies of AC: Brotherhood. Happy hunting!

[quote name='Japakneez']$60 for ACB is too high. You guys are going to kick yourself when it drops further.[/QUOTE]

That depends on how many copies stores will still have in-stock. These could end up being hard to find in BBs after this drop. My store only had a few of each for both consoles.
For me, $54 isn't horrible (use the 10% off coupon). It's only $14 more than what GS is charging for the standard version. Plus AC:B is supposed to be a great game, unlike Fable 3 which is supposed to be only mediocre. And let's not forget the accumulation of RZ points.
In any case, I'm just glad I didn't have to spend $100 on this CE. :D

I'm hoping to find them for less than $59.99...I almost bit on this price yesterday but I decided against it as I already have the regular edition.

Jeez, all stores in my area went from having several copies of Fable 3 CE to out of stock in 24 hrs. Too bad I was home recovering.

Did you go to the one in the Arboretum? I thought they had a ton. There was one left at Lakeline when I got mine yesterday.

Hit a few stores on my way through Dallas last night, and two stores that said they had them before I left had empty spaces for it when I arrived. Plenty of AC:B for $59.99 though.

The only store I went to that had copies listed had 6 AC:BH (4x360,2xPS3), 4 Fable 3 CE, and one Bioshock 2 CE that had the case all torn up. I picked up a few of the Fable 3 CE's ... one for me, one for my brother, and I have one I am going to sell to see if I can cover the cost other two copies.

I bought a Fable III CE in November for full price. I went to a BB that was out of stock and they still price matched the 29.99. NICE!!!!!!!

I just picked up AC:B CE in St. Louis at the Chesterfield store. They had 5-6 in a pile, in a mix of PS3 and 360. A placard on top of the pile advertised the $59.99 price. I didn't see any Fable III CE's.

I scored a Fable III CE for $26.99! I am pissed about the spider cable around it- but the deal is probably the best that this CE will ever get so I bit anyway!

[quote name='Darquesyde']Hit a few stores on my way through Dallas last night, and two stores that said they had them before I left had empty spaces for it when I arrived. Plenty of AC:B for $59.99 though.[/QUOTE]
They don't hold things for people? Just kidding. I guess it's retailer-dependent. That sucks, though.

I got hosed on my ACB: CE edition. The officer code came packed in but no additional 2 maps that was listed on the outside of the CE that's supposed to come with it. Redeeming the officer code didn't give me the 2 maps. Guess I need to talk to Ubisoft

Snagged a Fable 3 CE for $29.99. Kinda pissed about the spider wrap job that Best Buy does on these limited edition. Why would you crush the packages of the most expensive version of games? Managed to grab the best of the worst. When the employees realized that it was so cheap they snagged the others. Can't complain for $30.

Picked up a Fable 3 CE. No spider wrap. Now the age old question of to keep or not to keep. It will most likely be a keep unless bro wants it or I can raise enough money for a new minty PS3 controller (barring I do not get one tonight through trade in)

I think ACB CE is a very limited run guide. It will likely go up.

edit: oops. got my threads mixed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JasonTerminator']We aren't talking about the guide.[/QUOTE]

Right, but I don't think Bejewelled 3 will be a limited run.

[quote name='Donut2922']I got hosed on my ACB: CE edition. The officer code came packed in but no additional 2 maps that was listed on the outside of the CE that's supposed to come with it. Redeeming the officer code didn't give me the 2 maps. Guess I need to talk to Ubisoft[/QUOTE]

same here. hopefully this won't be too hard to fix.

Checked 4 local Best Buy stores in my area and no Fable III collector's edition :whistle2:(
For anyone in Utah I went to West Jordan, Murray, SCL (21st south), and Ogden (riverdale rd).

Got lucky at the North Ave. store in Chicago. It was the only store that showed availability on the tracker(besides Hancock center downtown) for Fable 3, and I grabbed the last 2(one for my brother unless he decides he doesn't want it, then I'll trade it on here). Plenty of AC:B at basically every store around here, same with Halo Legendaries(seen between 74.99 and 99.99). Missed out on GT5 last week, those have been long gone.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Got lucky at the North Ave. store in Chicago. It was the only store that showed availability on the tracker(besides Hancock center downtown) for Fable 3, and I grabbed the last 2(one for my brother unless he decides he doesn't want it, then I'll trade it on here). Plenty of AC:B at basically every store around here, same with Halo Legendaries(seen between 74.99 and 99.99). Missed out on GT5 last week, those have been long gone.[/QUOTE]

How much was GT5 CE going for at BB?

Had to drive a little farther then I wanted but snagged a Fable III CE with no sider wrap to go along with the AC:B that I got yesterday. Towson, MD still had some left this morning. The Alan Wake and Fable III were in plastic cases while the AC:B was just sitting on the shelf.

For a store I usually stay away from Ive been spending a lot of money there lately.

I picked Halo Reach Legendary for $52.50 (sign indicating 65% off) at the entrance of the Oceanside, CA store Sunday night. I posted a separate thread and seemed very YMMV from the replies.

Picked up a mint copy myself (was in a plastic case and not a spider wrap). They even gave me a Xbox card with a code on it for the Channeler and Crystal Tattoo Set?? Wasn't expecting that :)

[quote name='Jayrcee']Picked up a mint copy myself (was in a plastic case and not a spider wrap). They even gave me a Xbox card with a code on it for the Channeler and Crystal Tattoo Set?? Wasn't expecting that :)[/QUOTE]

preorder DLC. surprised those are still around lol

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']preorder DLC. surprised those are still around lol[/QUOTE]

It was attached to the plastic case with a rubber band :)

Picked up AC:B on PS3 for $60 and used my 10% game coupon. for a total of $53.99, didnt see any Fable 3 CE's and i know they had about 6 or 7 last week. Also no sign of Reach Legendary on the the CE for $59.99

My BB has ton of Fable 3 Collector with the price $29.99. They are not even in a spider or plastic case. Just more than 25 sitting there on shelves. I didn't even bother to buy one as it has crappy reviews and I haven't even started Fable 2 yet - which I got 2 years ago.

So got a AC Brotherhood CE for PS3. And maybe I'm crazy but did anyone else run into the issue of not having any codes for the Trajan Market and Aqueduct maps that are supposed to be in it?? Opened it it all and everything but all that's there is the code for the officer dlc and thats it....

Do any1 know if the Fable 3 CE the game inside have a UPC barcode at all? If so, do you know what those numbers are? I contemplating trading in my game to amazon and keeping all the extras.

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']WTF does ymmv mean haha[/QUOTE]

YMMV = Your Market/Mileage May Vary. Meaning the deal may or may not apply to your location.

Went to my local Best Buy on Tuesday to do a return and check for Fable 3, they were all sold out of it. Called a store 30 min south and they had two and I asked them to hold one for me till Wednesday (today). The girl on the phone was really nice and had no problem with holding it over night.

Got there today and decided to see if the 2nd copy was still there, it was. I printed out a $50 RZ certificate and used the 10% code, both of them out the door were $4+tax. Trading in my copy of Fable 3 to amazon for $25.50 so basically got an upgrade for $5 and if I can sell the other copy to make a few bucks then that'll be awesome, if not I have 30 days to return it or probably sell it so someone on CAG for $30+little extra+shipping, but we'll see what happens.

[quote name='fallenjedi']I've actually been to 5 different Best Buys this past weekend (Temecula, Murrietta, San Marcos, Oceanside, & Torrance), and I've only seen the Xbox 360 AC:B at the Temecula and Torrance stores. Temecula store priced checked at $99.99 (Sunday). All the stores had tons of PS3 copies though, and all easy to grab in the video game aisles. I was actually trying to find GT5 Collectors Edition, but haven't seen it at any store. I found Halo Reach Legendary clearanced for $52.50 at the Oceanside store. Fable III Collector's I only saw at the Torrance store. With the exception of Halo Reach, none of the games were marked with clearance labels. I just found an employee and had him check in the system. He was surprised, and even mentioned that he bought AC:B for full price and I reminded him that he could PM it...and he did walk over to customer service and got $40+ back. Good times all around![/QUOTE]

I work at the Mission Valley Best Buy and I know for sure we have both of these LE's.

I was lucky to have a good friend work at best buy and snag the last Fable 3 LE copy in stock at Downey, CA Best Buy. Got it for $30, it's just a matter of...should I keep or sell it for profit?

[quote name='Nealocus123']I work at the Mission Valley Best Buy and I know for sure we have both of these LE's.[/QUOTE]

u mean both AC:B? or which titles? I may have to pay you a visit ;) hha

bread's done
Back