Best Buy: Fable III & AC: Brotherhood Collector's Edition clearnce priced.

fallenjedi

CAGiversary!
Stopped by the Torrance, CA Best Buy after work tonight and found that Fable III Limited Collector's Edition (BB sku 1036776) was priced at $29.99, while Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition (BB sku 1338007) was priced at $59.99. I think fellow CAGers were finding Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood cheaper ($50), but I didn't want to chance missing out since almost every BB I've been to in the last 3 days never seemed to have the Xbox version in stock. Tons of PS3 versions but didn't confirm if they were also clearanced.

Maybe 6 copies left of Fable III, and 4 copies of AC: Brotherhood. Happy hunting!

Orange Park, FL
2 AC:B CE (360) left; didn't look for PS3
No Fable III: LCEs that I could see

Got a AC:B CE (360) w/ the 10% off RZ mobile coupon. Still some cashiers who aren't yet familiar with the mobile coupons, it seems.

[quote name='unopepito06']Both my BBs have AC: Brotherhood in stock (unknown whether it's on clearance). I might have to bite on that, I've never played any of the "Assassins" games, but I've wanted to. What kinds of goodies come in the CE?[/QUOTE]

According to Amazon:
Doctor Jack-in-the-Box Collectible: Call on the practitioner of death and his poisonous syringe.

Two Exclusive In-Game Single Player Maps: Extend your game as the legendary Master Assassin, Ezio, and explore the undiscovered depths of Rome.

Hard Copy Strategy Map of Rome: Discover the hidden secrets of Rome only this map will help you find.

Exclusive Art Book: A compilation of never-before-seen concept art drawn and designed by key members of the development team.

Bonus Disc Includes: Exclusive Making-Of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Video, Digital Sneak Peak at the Assassin’s Creed Comic, Trailers and Developer Diary, Game Soundtrack by Jesper Kyd
Not sure if any of those are Amazon exclusive, so don't be surprised if the BB version switched something up.

Since you've never played a game in the series, I'd suggest playing Assassin's Creed 2 first. Brotherhood is its direct sequel and spoils 2's ending in the first few minutes, so if you ever want to go back, you'll already know what happens. Also, AC2 felt like the overall better game. It left me wanting more in terms of gameplay and story (which is why I took the time to platinum it), whereas Brotherhood only left me wondering what happened immediately after the ending. So if some random guy on the internet's opinion means anything to you, pick up AC2 first.

Picked up Fable 3 CE from the West LA Best Buy. He had to go to the back to get one, so you should ask if you don't see one. They were all out at the Torrance store mentioned in the original post, guy said they had a bunch the night before so a hoarder must have got them. The Torrance employee was very helpful and searched the local Best Buy inventories for me, that's how I found out about West LA. I guess they can do a different in stock search for local stores than the online search for the general public.

The store locator only shows of they have more then 3 copies in stock. So if you don't see it there is still a chance that your store might have one.

I had to ask the rep to check the game cage/room and they had a copy for te listed price

I picked up AC:B for $59.99, they had no Fable III's left. They also had 1 Alan Wake LE marked down to $59.99 (it was $79.99 on Sunday) and Mafia 2 CE marked down to $39.99.

Just got back from Timonium, MD store. Easily half a dozen AC:B for each system and 5 copies of Fable III as of 6:15 PM.

I'm just posting to confirm what some other said; the store locator isn't accurate for Fable III. It stated that my location (in MN suburbs) had zero, i went and checked anyway and I managed to snag the last copy.

Judging from the spacing on the shelves, I think there were at least 2 other copies that day, also.

Thanks for the heads up op. Went to my local Best Buy here in Menifee, CA and I just picked up AC: Brotherhood CE PS3 ver. for $47 using my $10 RZ certificate and the 10% coupon which knocked off $6. Awesome. They have Two AC:B CE's left for both Xbox360 and PS3 if anyone's interested. I also saw Mafia 2 CE for $39.99, and Castlevannia: LOS LE, Star Wars: TFU 2 CE, Alan Wake CE, Tekken 6 CE Xbox 360 for $59.99. But no Fable 3 CE to been seen which surprised me.

Sadly the kiosk says that there are 73 available at the BBY Warehouse, but when they try to special order, it says 0 available.

Do not trust the store locator. Usually if there is less than 3 available it shows as OOS.

My BB had a ton of the ACB CE when I tried to find the GT5 CE... time to see if they actually have any left this time or if some thing fishy is up with my BB.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Could someone type out what the 10% coupon is (word for word)?[/QUOTE]

It's on pg.3, post #56, there's a link to the coupon there.

Are you on a mobile? If not, if you look towards where the Rating button is at, right to the left of it is a Search this thread button. Click on it and search coupon or whatever keyword you like.

I didn't know what coupon they were talking about either but using that function helped :D

[quote name='htown01']It's on pg.3, post #56, there's a link to the coupon there.

Are you on a mobile? If not, if you look towards where the Rating button is at, right to the left of it is a Search this thread button. Click on it and search coupon or whatever keyword you like.

I didn't know what coupon they were talking about either but using that function helped :D[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks!

Do I need to show it on my phone, or can I print it out?

the best buy in bloomingdale, illinois had 1 more as of when i picked up mine an hour ago. thanks to the poster for advising on this deal!

i should clarify this to mean fable 3, for 29.99

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Awesome, thanks!

Do I need to show it on my phone, or can I print it out?[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. You can do either. If you read the coupon it says "Show your phone & this code to cashier". If you can show the cashier the phone with the code, you can certainly print it out and show them the code on a paper too :D

[quote name='drktrpr1']Hmm, would love Fable III for half the price of the MSRP main game![/QUOTE]

dont wait on this one. most stores in my area are out of fable copies at this point.

As others have noted, if you don't see Fable 3 CE on the shelves, be sure and ask a CSR (preferably one that works in the game section) if they have any in the back stockroom. I got the last one that was showing up on the inventory tracker for west LA that way. $30 with 10% off is a fantastic price.

And the in-store inventory checker (which you can access at various kiosks in the store or have an employee access) is FAR more accurate than what we have online. Not sure how quickly the system is updated, but it appears to be accurate to the exact number of copies, as when I checked in the Culver City South store it indicated only 1 copy available at west LA...must have been no more than an hour or two after msdmoney had picked up the second to last copy.

Had to pass on the sea of AC:B CE's for both PS3 and X360 though. $60 each and a dozen plus for PS3 and X360 at most stores = I'll wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Did you have them price checked or just notice the shelf tags and not bother? I ask because sometimes these clearance prices will ring up chainwide in the system and not be marked on the shelves.[/QUOTE]

I brought a copy of it to the cashier, and they rang it up @ $80. YMMV.

If the BestBuy shows it in stock on the tracker, they might be locked up in the cage. Probably why they haven't sold them yet. Prob pass on ACB CE, most of them have box damage from spiderwire, don't really need the jack n the box and still have to finish the 2nd one.

Just barely got the the last Fable book. Thanks OP. Still thinking about picking up ACB, I love the series and have been itching to play the new one, plus I think the BB jack in the box is the doctor - my favorite of the choices.

[quote name='trunks982']For AC:B 360 version is the Jester.... PS3 version is the Doctor[/QUOTE]

Actually the Jester is a Gamestop exclusive, it has nothing to do with the console. I know this because I sold a PS3 version with a Doctor and currently have a 360 version with a Doctor sitting in front of me.

Got fable 3 CE at Best buy SF harrison. They have about 4 left and they also have a few AC for 360 and ps3.

i was out getting groceries and decided to stop by. found both AC:B and fable 3 in the mira mesa store. it LOOKED like they were the last of each. the cashier already knew they'd ring low though.

i'm not sure if i want to keep the AC:B though because I already bought it from black friday. it looks like the games themselves contain different stuff (I guess teh collectors has a bonus disc and stuff) so I can't simply return the unopened one from the collectors in its stead :(

and according to the online, gamestop was the only one to get the jester JIB while everyone else got the doctor. I don't know which I'd prefer :p

Found a Fable III CE at the Greenspoint location! Thanks so much, OP! Now, I'll stop trying to find it at Target.

Gonna go back for AC, but hopefully the PS3 version will drop too cause I'd rather get it for PS3 since I have the other 2 on PS3.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Found a Fable III CE at the Greenspoint location! Thanks so much, OP! Now, I'll stop trying to find it at Target.

Gonna go back for AC, but hopefully the PS3 version will drop too cause I'd rather get it for PS3 since I have the other 2 on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Damn greenspoint had some,how many did they have left or did you pick up the last one?

I was able to get a copy at that very Best Buy this morning. Thanks for the heads up. Mad Props to the OP, Thank you very much fallenjedi.

[quote name='joker______']Damn greenspoint had some,how many did they have left or did you pick up the last one?[/QUOTE]

I got the last one as far as I know; there was only one on the shelf. I really can't stand those damn spiderwraps though. Put dents all over the case.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I got the last one as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

Damn,well thanks for the heads up though saved me a drive

[quote name='joker______']Damn greenspoint had some,how many did they have left or did you pick up the last one?[/QUOTE]

I picked the last up at about 8:00 or so.

Anyone in the Mesa(Phoenix), AZ area see any extra Fable 3 CE at any locations?

The inventory tracker shows nothing in the state, but I know others have said it shows that way for 3 or fewer.

I picked fable 3 at the BB in woodmore town center. In glen arden Md There was one left I put it is tucked in the wii section behind the wi messenger bag. for anybody that wants it :) One the employess seen the cheap price. I am sure they hawk.

Checked last week and AC:B was still $99. Went yesterday and it was $59, no copies of Fable 3 (Jackson, MI).

Saw a bunch of AC Brotherhood LE marked at $59.99, even some Halo Reach LE at $79.99 and SW TFU II CE at $59.99, but no sign of Fable II CE or gT5 CE

bread's done
Back