Best Buy: Fable III & AC: Brotherhood Collector's Edition clearnce priced.

fallenjedi

CAGiversary!
Stopped by the Torrance, CA Best Buy after work tonight and found that Fable III Limited Collector's Edition (BB sku 1036776) was priced at $29.99, while Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition (BB sku 1338007) was priced at $59.99. I think fellow CAGers were finding Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood cheaper ($50), but I didn't want to chance missing out since almost every BB I've been to in the last 3 days never seemed to have the Xbox version in stock. Tons of PS3 versions but didn't confirm if they were also clearanced.

Maybe 6 copies left of Fable III, and 4 copies of AC: Brotherhood. Happy hunting!

[quote name='Dragun619']Ah, I see, Thank you man, I guess I'll call them up later. Pretty lame though. How did Ubisoft mess that up, especially for a Collector edition? :shame:[/QUOTE]They also screwed up the Splinter Cell Conviction CE if my memory serves me correctly.

[quote name='iclash']Checked 4 local Best Buy stores in my area and no Fable III collector's edition :whistle2:(
For anyone in Utah I went to West Jordan, Murray, SCL (21st south), and Ogden (riverdale rd).[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, was gonna head out this morning to see if there were any, you saved me a trip!

[quote name='trunks982']yea... i dont have the map codes for AC:B PS3. does anyone know the specific email i can contact? thanks.[/QUOTE]

Just go to support.ubi.com, click on any of the pages and click on 'Ask a Question' when you get there.

Is everyone that is finding the Brotherhood Collectors edition finding it on clearance? I have a bunch available at my Best Buy but no one was around to scan it so I told customer service to check the price on the computer and she said it was $100. Should I go back and have it scanned? I didn't see any clearance stickers.

Also a bunch of Bioshock 2 LE's turned up, which was strange because I bought the last one months ago.

[quote name='Blade3D']How much are the Bioshock 2 LE's supposed to be?[/QUOTE]

The very few that I've seen at BB these past couple of weeks have been priced at $39.99; I guess it is a YMMV price.

I'm itching to try to find one of the ACB CEs...but I'd only want it for the Trajan/Aqueduct code (which no one can find in their box, but still).

Are the PS3 and 360 Trajan/Aqueduct codes cross-compatible (like the RDR pre-order codes)? Do the codes redeem in-game and bounce off Ubi's servers and not MS/Sony? Curious whether I can use an ACB CE PS3 code in my 360 game.

[quote name='Envel']Is everyone that is finding the Brotherhood Collectors edition finding it on clearance? I have a bunch available at my Best Buy but no one was around to scan it so I told customer service to check the price on the computer and she said it was $100. Should I go back and have it scanned? I didn't see any clearance stickers.

Also a bunch of Bioshock 2 LE's turned up, which was strange because I bought the last one months ago.[/QUOTE]
I would've just taken it up to the registers and had them scan it there, so at least then you could see what price it came up on the screen.:D

I'm gonna try to pick one up when I get my LBP2 CE on Tuesday.

If anyone near H-Town is looking for a Bioshock 2 CE, go to the Woodlands Best Buy. I got one there for $30 and there were about 5 of them left when I was there a few days ago.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I would've just taken it up to the registers and had them scan it there, so at least then you could see what price it came up on the screen.:D[/QUOTE]

It was locked behind a glass case and there was noone around to open it :(

Are the sets marked with the new price? I was at Best Buy today and usually I see a red sticker with the clearance price on them. All the AC: Brotherhoods I saw had the yellow one with the 99.99 on them.

[quote name='sendme']Are the sets marked with the new price? I was at Best Buy today and usually I see a red sticker with the clearance price on them. All the AC: Brotherhoods I saw had the yellow one with the 99.99 on them.[/QUOTE]

I've been to four different stores, none of them had anything marked with clearance prices, but they all scanned at $60. (for AC:B, obviously)

[quote name='Envel']It was locked behind a glass case and there was noone around to open it :([/QUOTE]
If ya had the spare time I would've gone to the customer service desk and asked for someone to come over to where they were locked up to get a price check.
[quote name='sendme']Are the sets marked with the new price? I was at Best Buy today and usually I see a red sticker with the clearance price on them. All the AC: Brotherhoods I saw had the yellow one with the 99.99 on them.[/QUOTE]
The ones by me were NOT marked as being $59.99 but showed that as being the price in the system when I had an employee from electronics check it.

[quote name='Envel']It was locked behind a glass case and there was noone around to open it :([/QUOTE]

A glass case at Best Buy???

the Fable 3 LE I got was sitting in a spot that showed the marked down price. It was the last one there, and I didn't see anything similar nearby for AC.

I was able to find ACB CE at a Best Buy 25 minutes away. I checked the stock online and saw they had them in stock. When arriving, I could not find them anywhere. Come to find out, they were sitting in Customer Service. They had 4 of the 360 and 1 PS3. Rang up as $59.99 and I was able to use the 10% silver mobile coupon listed several posts back.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']HEY GUYS HOW CAN I GET THE 10% SILVER MOBILE COUPON ?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Look for the Search this Thread towards the top right of this thread for the word mobile. You will find it on page 3, Post #56.

Before my question gets too far buried...[quote name='eugaet']Are the PS3 and 360 Trajan/Aqueduct codes cross-compatible (like the RDR pre-order codes)? Do the codes redeem in-game and bounce off Ubi's servers and not MS/Sony? Curious whether I can use an ACB CE PS3 code in my 360 game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']Has anyone had any luck finding a $30 Fable 3 CE in the Long Beach/OC Area this weekend? Shoot me a PM if you saw some extras.[/QUOTE]

I didn't find any at Long Beach, Lakewood, Downey, and Compton. That's all I know so far.

The code on the map paper after entered said I unlocked ## map and ## map and officer, but the other piece of paper has an officer code (best buy exclusive) too.(which I havent entered yet)

Anyone know the difference between the two?

[quote name='Collectordragon']No Fable in my area. :( Would a fellow CAG be willing to pick one up for me? I'd pay $40.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: $40? Maybe if you want it shipped in such a way that any collector's packaging would get dented/dinged en route. :booty:

No Fable III at the Best Buy in Chula Vista. However, they had three ACB CE for $59.99 and several Tony Hawk Rides w/ skateboard (PS3 & XBOX360) for $19.99.

[quote name='dennisb407']The code on the map paper after entered said I unlocked ## map and ## map and officer, but the other piece of paper has an officer code (best buy exclusive) too.(which I havent entered yet)

Anyone know the difference between the two?[/QUOTE]

Which version did you have? Since there are people reporting not having the map codes.

[quote name='postaboy']I didn't find any at Long Beach, Lakewood, Downey, and Compton. That's all I know so far.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for keeping an eye out. I checked out Fullerton and Anaheim today with no luck. Both had a ton of AC:B's w/ display tags at $99.99 but they were ringing for $59.99.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']which version did you have? Since there are people reporting not having the map codes.[/quote]

[quote name='dennisb407']The code on the map paper after entered said I unlocked ## map and ## map and officer, but the other piece of paper has an officer code (best buy exclusive) too.(which I havent entered yet)

Anyone know the difference between the two?[/QUOTE]

u got codes on the paper map? i was looking for the codes but its not there.

[quote name='padme2k7']No Fable III at the Best Buy in Chula Vista. However, they had three ACB CE for $59.99 and several Tony Hawk Rides w/ skateboard (PS3 & XBOX360) for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Is Tony Hawk Rides w/ skateboard worth $20???

[quote name='dabamus']Add Halo Reach Legendary and Limited to the list. Legendary @$79.99 and Limited @$59.99[/QUOTE]

I saw that too. Since the game itself is 49.99, I might as well get the limited edition. Pretty nice discount on the legendary edition too though.

[quote name='karkyco']Thanks Cheapest, but it doesn't load the list of nearest stores. Do you happen to have the SKU's for CoD: BO Prestige (X360 and PS3)?[/QUOTE]

PS3 version sku:1228435
Found it here: http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/122...ige-edition-playstation-3-reviews/reviews.htm

360 version sku:1228417
Found it here: http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/122...prestige-edition-xbox-360-reviews/reviews.htm

Don't forget that if you can't find a page for an item you can try and look up a cached page OR that BB's employees can look up stock for you by using the UPC#, which you can usually get at Half.com .

For those of you having issues finding a page for Fable III LE, here's how to look up stock for it without having to go into BB with the sku, which is 1036776 btw.

Bring up the page for the normal edition of Fable III(or any product page should work really), then go to the stock locator page. Once on that page, go up to the URL address bar and click on the URL until you get an active cursor in there.

Then scroll left or right(depending on what end of the URL you click into it on) until you see the following skuId= in the URL.

The number that's after that should be 7 digits, just like the one I listed above. Cut and paste the SKU number for whatever item you want to find that no longer has a product page for it up on BB.com into that spot and replace the sku that's there and then hit ENTER to reload the URL and switch to your product's search page.

Then type in your zip code, hit enter and see if there's any stock for that item.

Enjoy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those of you having issues finding a page for Fable III LE, here's how to look up stock for it without having to go into BB with the sku, which is 1036776 btw.

Bring up the page for the normal edition of Fable III(or any product page should work really), then go to the stock locator page. Once on that page, go up to the URL address bar and click on the URL until you get an active cursor in there.

Then scroll left or right(depending on what end of the URL you click into it on) until you see the following skuId= in the URL.

The number that's after that should be 7 digits, just like the one I listed above. Cut and paste the SKU number for whatever item you want to find that no longer has a product page for it up on BB.com into that spot and replace the sku that's there and then hit ENTER to reload the URL and switch to your product's search page.

Then type in your zip code, hit enter and see if there's any stock for that item.

Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that worked for me. Turns out there is one close to me. We'll see if that's true.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those of you having issues finding a page for Fable III LE, here's how to look up stock for it without having to go into BB with the sku, which is 1036776 btw.

Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

This doesn't work for me anymore (the past couple of months) on firefox. What browser are you using?

[quote name='slowdive21']This doesn't work for me anymore (the past couple of months) on firefox. What browser are you using?[/QUOTE]
I'm using the nemesis of seemingly everyone on CAG(cept for me): Microsoft IE.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm using the nemesis of seemingly everyone on CAG(cept for me): Microsoft IE.:D[/QUOTE]
Thanks cheapest. I was using IE as well, however for whatever reason, the original link for Fable 3 LE wasn't loading the actual store list no matter what I entered for an city/state or zip. I did go back to the replace SKU in address bar method though which works fine. CoD: BO Prestige (both) is completely wiped out in LA according to the online inventory tracker.

Enjoy.[/QUOTE]
For whatever reason when I do this it gives me the same product stock page for whatever I originally searched for. Tried both Firefox and IE.

EDIT: Actually it gives me whatever my last product search was even if I start a new session.

bread's done
Back