Best Buy @Gamer coupons 9/1/2013 - 10/5/2013 - Remember Me - $20 off, Transformers Prime - $20 off

kitsunisan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Just got the latest issue of the magazine.

Remember Me - $20 off 

Transformers Prime - $20 off ($29.99 after coupon)

WWE '13 - $10 off ($29.99 after coupon)

Disney Planes - $10 off (Wii U, Wii, 3DS and DS)

$10 any pre-owned game $29.99 and up

$50 off pulse elite wireless headsets with 500GB PS3 GTA V bundle

$40 off Ear Force XP400 wireless headset (360)

$20 off Ear Force N11 headset (Wii U and 3DS)

Coupons run from 9/1/13-10/5/13.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I am debating if I should renew or not as my sub is up this month as well.

I haven't really bought much preowned games this year or traded in much since I was banned until recently.

The coupons lately have been pretty bad compared to last years ones. I may decide just to do it for the renewal coupons which may come in handy and if their trade-in program ever gets as good as it was before.

My subscription will be unrenewed.  Best Buy clearly could care less about gamers; discount-gamers more specifically...and I could care less about their store, filled with other retailers offering cellphones and television services.

I was debating renewing until last month when I got Tank Tank Tank for free which paid for the subscription.  That combined with some other savings has made it a no-brainer even if the glory days of $5 and $10 AAA titles is pretty much gone.  I'm sure Best Buy doesn't intend for the "value" of the subscription to be based on their own pricing "mistakes," but it is what it is.

So I signed up for GCU today and they just printed this little thing out of the machine, was I supposed to get a thing with the coupons on it then or how does it work?

Def. not renewing my sub...

I was one of the first people (over 18 months ago) talking about how this program has tanked and will continue to tank.

It's hilarious seeing all the assholes in this forum that complained about me "complaining" back then about how shitty GCU was trending, are now complaining and threatening not to renew.

This WAS an awesome program but somewhere along the way, it became absolutely worthless. Hell, the entire gaming dept is a joke now at BB.

Still can't believe they pulled the registers and designated employees from the gaming dept. I haven't pre-ordered a game from them since it took me nearly an hour to purchase my pre-ordered Last of Us copy.

So I signed up for GCU today and they just printed this little thing out of the machine, was I supposed to get a thing with the coupons on it then or how does it work?
welcome to gcu, lol

with all the trade ins you conduct between gs to bb. it should be worth it to you

there still wasn't the level of excitement as there used to be. How many people do you think even own a Wii U, in comparison to a PS3 or 360? I didn't even know what Tank Tank Tank was, lol
I don't own a WiiU, but was glad for the free game. It became an easy $12 credit at Gamestop.

If you are looking for coupons that might take awhile. I signed up in July to take advantage of the Tank Tank Tank coupon and I still haven't received my "Welcome" email about joining or any of the coupons they send out monthly. If you are looking at taking advantage of one of their monthly coupons I would recommend posting out on their forum - http://forums.bestbuy.com/

I was able to post out there and one of the BBY reps provided me with the coupons for TTT right before the coupon expired. Your GCU 10% bonus should take affect immediately though, so if that's what you are after you should be set.

that's cool and all, but I really don't do the whole flipping thing. I just want some deals on games that I want to play.
Which, in theory, you could do with your $12 Gamestop credit, right? Spend $12 on anything Gamestop has to offer. I think some people go crazy over flipping sometimes but simple ones like Tank Tank Tank was a no brainer.

My sub ends Oct 3. I'm re-subbing for the 10% on trade-ins and gambling on the idea that I'll use a coupon or two.

welcome to gcu, lol

with all the trade ins you conduct between gs to bb. it should be worth it to you
Well before this last week or two it had actually been really sparse the last year or so. Then I kept forgetting so yeah, that's about $20 I ate.

If you are looking for coupons that might take awhile. I signed up in July to take advantage of the Tank Tank Tank coupon and I still haven't received my "Welcome" email about joining or any of the coupons they send out monthly. If you are looking at taking advantage of one of their monthly coupons I would recommend posting out on their forum - http://forums.bestbuy.com/

I was able to post out there and one of the BBY reps provided me with the coupons for TTT right before the coupon expired. Your GCU 10% bonus should take affect immediately though, so if that's what you are after you should be set.
Lovely, well if I end up at other stores where I know I've seen the fliers with the coupons I'll show them my receipt and what they scanned to ring me up and hope they give one to me.

Lovely, well if I end up at other stores where I know I've seen the fliers with the coupons I'll show them my receipt and what they scanned to ring me up and hope they give one to me.
Unless they finally got around to printing new ones, the stores around here still have the flyer with Castlevania on the cover, and those coupons expired months ago.

Def. not renewing my sub...

I was one of the first people (over 18 months ago) talking about how this program has tanked and will continue to tank.

It's hilarious seeing all the assholes in this forum that complained about me "complaining" back then about how shitty GCU was trending, are now complaining and threatening not to renew.

This WAS an awesome program but somewhere along the way, it became absolutely worthless. Hell, the entire gaming dept is a joke now at BB.

Still can't believe they pulled the registers and designated employees from the gaming dept. I haven't pre-ordered a game from them since it took me nearly an hour to purchase my pre-ordered Last of Us copy.
cool story bro

So I stopped in to a Best Buy store this morning to pick up a copy of MOH, and I noticed the shelf tags for Remember Me were updated this morning to show $59.99. It looks like there will be no $19.99 copies of Remember Me now.
you do know that whenever the price gets cut to its lowest is the last week the coupon is valid right? its a strategy, they arent going to put up a mega sale during its first 3 weeks because they want people to try and buy at a higher price. this has ALWAYS been the case with the gamer coupons.

I'm just wondering how my pre-ordered copy of GTA V transaction is going to turn out next Tuesday. This is the first title I've pre-ordered from them since Catherine for PS3.

But as for the program being completely worthless, it's not if you do trades to them at the right times. You can easily make back the $15 you pay in per year. Not to mention that the coupons do tend to work out in our favor sometimes. I mean, sure, it's not like it was at the beginning of the program. But a company can't stay afloat giving away the store every month.

I'm just wondering how my pre-ordered copy of GTA V transaction is going to turn out next Tuesday. This is the first title I've pre-ordered from them since Catherine for PS3.

But as for the program being completely worthless, it's not if you do trades to them at the right times. You can easily make back the $15 you pay in per year. Not to mention that the coupons do tend to work out in our favor sometimes. I mean, sure, it's not like it was at the beginning of the program. But a company can't stay afloat giving away the store every month.
here is your answer http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Reward-Zone-quot-Get-10-quot-Gaming-Pre-Order-Offer/td-p/695619, i hope your reading comprehension skills are better than others here, who constantly ask the same questions over , and over again.

Actually I was kind of wondering how they were going to handle the pre-orders in general. I know when I pre-ordered Catherine they hadn't even set aside a copy for me by the time I had gone to the store to pick it up.

I'm also wondering how the Gamer's Club Unlocked thing is going to play into the pre-order, since I'm sure GTA V was one of the $20 RZ certificate games before I think they announced the end of that program.

Actually I was kind of wondering how they were going to handle the pre-orders in general. I know when I pre-ordered Catherine they hadn't even set aside a copy for me by the time I had gone to the store to pick it up.

I'm also wondering how the Gamer's Club Unlocked thing is going to play into the pre-order, since I'm sure GTA V was one of the $20 RZ certificate games before I think they announced the end of that program.
1)if you order through bestbuy.com as in store pick up, they will set it aside for you. you just bring in your order # , and pick it up at the store pickup area.

2) if you preorder it through customer service, with a $5 deposit on your receipt. They will not set it aside for you. you have to go to gaming area on release date, and pick it up yourself, then head to registers to pay it.

Edit: i hope you actually took the time to read the link i posted. lol

Which, in theory, you could do with your $12 Gamestop credit, right? Spend $12 on anything Gamestop has to offer. I think some people go crazy over flipping sometimes but simple ones like Tank Tank Tank was a no brainer.
Yup, if you wanna see some flipper craziness go over the the BB Trade In thread. BB has some really unusual trade in values this week and it's brought all the flippers out.

More power to them, especially since they're not taking deals away from CAGs because all the flips are random, mostly worthless games. But those guys are going crazy plotting out their flipping plans, running from store to store picking up games, and trading in 6-10 copies of each game. I just couldn't even imagine doing that, I'm far too lazy to do that one the weekends and far too busy during the week.

I'll do simple flips like Tank Tank Tank when BB had Kirby Collection for $8, but that's about it.

1)if you order through bestbuy.com as in store pick up, they will set it aside for you. you just bring in your order # , and pick it up at the store pickup area.

2) if you preorder it through customer service, with a $5 deposit on your receipt. They will not set it aside for you. you have to go to gaming area on release date, and pick it up yourself, then head to registers to pay it.

Edit: i hope you actually took the time to read the link i posted. lol
Actually mine is completely paid off and has been since last fall. I didn't even know you could do that initially, but I guess they had just started doing it when I asked about it.

Yup, if you wanna see some flipper craziness go over the the BB Trade In thread. BB has some really unusual trade in values this week and it's brought all the flippers out.

More power to them, especially since they're not taking deals away from CAGs because all the flips are random, mostly worthless games. But those guys are going crazy plotting out their flipping plans, running from store to store picking up games, and trading in 6-10 copies of each game. I just couldn't even imagine doing that, I'm far too lazy to do that one the weekends and far too busy during the week.

I'll do simple flips like Tank Tank Tank when BB had Kirby Collection for $8, but that's about it.
LOL, that thread kinda reminds me of the show on nbc "dateline nbc to catch a predator",

Target has Remember Me on Temporary Price Cut for $29.99.  Maybe you guys can PM + coupon?  If not, sorry for the useless info.

Info is always welcome, hats off to the smooth talker who can still pull this off in this day and age.
No smooth talking required the system itself wont allow it. I tried PMing Zumba Fitness last month and when the employee scanned the coupon the system adjusted the price back to the original amount.

The only coupons I ever find good every month is the 10 off 29.99 used game when combined with the b2g1. Other then that that is all, the welcome packet is more useful then the monthly coupons. Are we allowed to have another gcu account like gamestop allows multiple pro memberships? I found the 50% strategy guide really useful last night when using it on the limited edition strategy guide for gta 5, the membership paid for its self how much it took off. If they continue the b2g1 I want to get another membership seeing I use those monthly coupons the fastest.

The only coupons I ever find good every month is the 10 off 29.99 used game when combined with the b2g1. Other then that that is all, the welcome packet is more useful then the monthly coupons. Are we allowed to have another gcu account like gamestop allows multiple pro memberships? I found the 50% strategy guide really useful last night when using it on the limited edition strategy guide for gta 5, the membership paid for its self how much it took off. If they continue the b2g1 I want to get another membership seeing I use those monthly coupons the fastest.
So you're able to combine the $10 off $29.99 used with the B2G1. Didn't think they did that.

So you're able to combine the $10 off $29.99 used with the B2G1. Didn't think they did that.

Yes they worked online for the past 2 months in store I had a problem of them ringing up it would only take 5 off so the rep had to manually override another 5 off.. This was during the last b2g1 sale.

N11 Turtle Beach headset comes to $9.99 after Gamer coupon. It is on sale for $29.99 before coupon, if you want to try them out. Wii U headsets I have tried seem a little low on volume levels, but some games can be helped a TAD if they have in-game volume adjustments. Cheers!

Gonna pick up the headset for my 3DSXL since the handheld's speakers suck. Pretty much all of the reviews focus on how it worked with the Wii U, so will post my impressions when I can. Will also see if the mic can replace the internal one.

Edit: Got a code. Thank you!

Thanks for the heads up Jojoschump2000. Ordered one for a total of $10.61. These will come in handy next month while I'm playing the crap out of Pokemon X.

Gonna pick up the headset for my 3DSXL since the handheld's speakers suck. Pretty much all of the reviews focus on how it worked with the Wii U, so will post my impressions when I can. Will also see if the mic can replace the internal one.

Also, since it's nearing the end of the month, does anyone have any online coupon codes left for the $10 off $30 pre-owned game? Store doesn't have any Ultimate Tenkaichi in stock. :(
I'm interested in your impressions with the 3DS. I bought it to use with my DSi (and eventually Wii-U, whenever I actually buy one).

Dang it, I picked up those headphones, too--I don't need them, but what else am I going to spend all this trade-in credit on? Black Friday?! :whee:

I'm interested in your impressions with the 3DS. I bought it to use with my DSi (and eventually Wii-U, whenever I actually buy one).
Yeah, I figured I could use it with my Wii U whenever I decide to get one so I can play my free copy of Tank Tank Tank!

I'd love to share my impressions, but unfortunately my visit to the store did not end well.

Which means it's time for another... Horrifying Retail Tale!

So, at the store, cust. service managed to PM Newegg for a copy of Colonial Marines which I then traded in (though it took about a century and a half because they put in my address wrong). Feeling pretty good getting my $25 credit, got a headset and my coupon, heading to checkout expecting a pain-free purchase (as the worst is over) and then out the door after being in the store so long.

The kid at the register scans the item, I tell him I have a coupon for $20 off. He scans it, looks at the screen, and then studies every single word on the back of my coupon.

Tells me that the coupon says it cannot be combined with other coupons or offers.

I tell him that coupons are supposed to stack with sales prices according to their policy, because I pay $15/year for the subscription, and that I have done this multiple times in the past without incident.

The kid just stares at me and gives me a "I don't care" look. Usually, at this point, an employee will go get their manager, because they still wanna make the sale/be helpful, but this kid did jack-shit but stand there. So, I'm forced to be an asshole and ask him to see his manager/talk to someone higher-up (because it's obvious to me the kid has no fucking clue). He quickly brings over a lady in the vicinity who scrutinizes the screen and the coupon, lost in thought for a while.

Ultimately, she concurs with the cashier with that same line of "cannot be combined with other offers". I'm trying my hardest not to be frustrated, thinking the computer's just being a pain in the ass until out of the corner of my eye, I see that it does in fact ring up as $9.99. Meaning that the computer okay'd it, but this manager (who was rather nasty) was denying it at her discretion. I ask her about this, and she admits it's not a computer denial, but doesn't say it's her personal decision, and proceeds to walk away. Of course the guy who PM'd Colonial Marines for me is next to her the whole time. The same guy who actually went to talk to Newegg Support because he thought that the $9.99 item on the website was a strategy guide and not the game.

Absolutely embarrassed. Does anyone have any solutions so I can avoid this next time?

Tells me that the coupon says it cannot be combined with other coupons or offers.
The fine print on the coupons specifically say "Markdowns taken from sale prices" in two separate spots. Just tell them to read that part out loud. Don't forget to burn them on the survey with 1's, that's inexcusable.

bread's done
Back