Best Buy @Gamer Coupons expire 10/6 Mass Effect 3 $10, Lollipop Chainsaw $20 360 PS3

The deal hunter in me is dying to pick up PS3 versions of ME3 and Battlefield 3 for $10 even though I own both for Xbox 360. I guess I am just anxious to feel like I am getting something out of the coupons before they expire. Any justification for either game on PS3 if I already own them on Xbox?

I just finished Lollipop Chainsaw - it is really really fun. Very funny. Also pretty easy to 1k. For 20$ it is a no-brainer.

If Lollipop was just $5 cheaper, I'd be all over it. With RE6 and NBA 2K13 though, I'm not sure. Loved it, but I know it should be cheaper down the road. I'll probably pass.

With ME3, is it worth waiting for a decent price on the trilogy if I've never played any ME game before?

In for ME3 for $10. I'm not so sure about Lollipop Chainsaw for $20. I have a $5 RZ cert but I doubt that is enough to get me to bite on LC.

[quote name='advanced']If Lollipop was just $5 cheaper, I'd be all over it. With RE6 and NBA 2K13 though, I'm not sure. Loved it, but I know it should be cheaper down the road. I'll probably pass.

With ME3, is it worth waiting for a decent price on the trilogy if I've never played any ME game before?[/QUOTE]Honestly, you'd probably be better off hunting down each game individually (you can get ME1 from BBY for $7.99 by PMing the online price, ME2 can be had for under $20 if you look around, and ME3 for $10 with the coupon is an easy choice), unless you're planning on playing the trilogy on :ps3:, in which case you have options:

You can wait for a deal on the trilogy to get a disc-based copy of ME1 or you can download ME1 on the PSN Store when it becomes available and buy the other two installments separately (ME2 for :ps3: comes with all the DLC).

Of course, we have yet to find out whether the :ps3: version of the trilogy will include any DLC or none at all like the :360: and PC versions.

I'm not sure if you were implying this option, but I highly suggest you do not play ME3 without having played the prior two installments, just so you can maximize your enjoyment of the series.

[quote name='Vigilante']Honestly, you'd probably be better off hunting down each game individually (you can get ME1 from BBY for $7.99 by PMing the online price, ME2 can be had for under $20 if you look around, and ME3 for $10 with the coupon is an easy choice), unless you're planning on playing the trilogy on :ps3:, in which case you have options:

You can wait for a deal on the trilogy to get a disc-based copy of ME1 or you can download ME1 on the PSN Store when it becomes available and buy the other two installments separately (ME2 for :ps3: comes with all the DLC).

Of course, we have yet to find out whether the :ps3: version of the trilogy will include any DLC or none at all like the :360: and PC versions.[/QUOTE]

It was going to be 360, so I guess I'll search out single copies. Thanks!

[quote name='advanced']It was going to be 360, so I guess I'll search out single copies. Thanks![/QUOTE]You're welcome!

If you're interested in the many pieces of DLC, I think that there's a very high chance it will go on sale on XBL this fall (unless I'm mistaken, it's been that way for a couple of years now), possibly to coincide with the release of the trilogy. I recommend the following:

ME1
Bring Down the Sky (if you buy a Platinum Hits edition, this is included on a bonus disc, so don't worry about finding it)

ME2 (in no particular order)
Zaeed (Character/Mission DLC)
Kasumi: Stolen Memory (Character/Mission DLC)
Overlord
Lair of the Shadow Broker
Arrival

ME3
From Ashes (Character/Mission DLC)
Extended Cut (just because it's free)

If there's anything exceptional that I forgot (and to ME-players, I intentionally excluded ME3's Leviathan DLC), someone else can point it out. :)

[quote name='advanced']
With ME3, is it worth waiting for a decent price on the trilogy if I've never played any ME game before?[/QUOTE]

I played ME2 first and enjoyed it so much that I bought ME1. If you like that type of game, definitely play all three for maximum enjoyment. That being said, ME3 can be a great game all by itself.

Also, you can pick up ME 1 & 2 for pretty cheap - especially if you don't mind used. Neither has an online pass (no online play except ME3) but I think both came with some pretty minor DLC that would probably not be included in a used copy.

If the trilogy comes with ALL DLC for all 3 games, that does make it much more appealing. Also, ME1 on the PS3 is an intriguing prospect that might be worth waiting for.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']If the trilogy comes with ALL DLC for all 3 games, that does make it much more appealing. Also, ME1 on the PS3 is an intriguing prospect that might be worth waiting for.[/QUOTE]Since BioWare already confirmed that the :360: and PC versions of the trilogy won't have any DLC included, we can only hope the :ps3: version is treated differently since it'll be released later.

I am seeing Mass Effect 3: N7 Collectors Edition for PS3 listed at $29.99 on the site (but none available). Are they honoring this price in-store (assuming you can find one)?

Will BB still have the October issue in store, or have they moved to the new issue? I don't subscribe and $15 for ME3 new would be pretty awesome.

[quote name='Vigilante']Since BioWare already confirmed that the :360: and PC versions of the trilogy won't have any DLC included, we can only hope the :ps3: version is treated differently since it'll be released later.[/QUOTE]
IGN seems to think otherwise

On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on-disc. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.

On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included with Mass Effect, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox Live. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3.

Information on PlayStation 3 DLC hasn't been announced.

Just saying, where was it confirmed no DLC would be included?

FYI, the BB trade in value for Mass Effect 3 is still base $7 for both systems...so you could buy the game for $10, open it, walk right back to Gaming and trade it in for $15.40...right?

[quote name='kinney_bmx']IGN seems to think otherwise

Just saying, where was it confirmed no DLC would be included?[/QUOTE]Whoops, I was assuming that from what others were saying, so I don't have a source. It looks like none of the exceptional DLC will be included for :360:, though (e.g. Bring Down the Sky, Kasumi, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Overlord, Arrival, and From Ashes), so I still can't say the trilogy is necessarily a sound investment.

[quote name='KanYozakura']FYI, the BB trade in value for Mass Effect 3 is still base $7 for both systems...so you could buy the game for $10, open it, walk right back to Gaming and trade it in for $15.40...right?[/QUOTE]You forgot the part where you risk (note that I'm saying risk, as in it's not a guarantee) being banned from trade-ins for what could be perceived as suspicious behavior.

Aw hell, now that the LC coupon is appetizing, how the hell am I gonna secure one...

I'm sure I'll see the game at $20 or less without coupon sometime. No need for tears.

[quote name='Vigilante']You forgot the part where you risk (note that I'm saying risk) being banned from trade-ins for what could be perceived as suspicious behavior.[/QUOTE]

I figured as much but thought I'd point it out anyway.

In for a $10 Mass Effect 3. Thanks for the heads-up OP!

Also... current trade in value for Mass Effect 3 (PS3) is $7. So if you purchase it for $10 w/ the coupon, the 100% bonus trade-in promotion will net you $14 credit. Buy for $10, trade in for $14. Profit?!

Am I missing anything much if I can't locate a N7 ME3 copy? Also, I've played ME 1 & 2 on my Xbox 360, but not on my PS3. What will I be missing if I will only be playing ME3 on the PS3 without 2? The only thing I remember from playing 2 after importing my Vanguard from 1 is that I started out at level 5 (no big deal), and that I could have 1 unlock power starting out. Thanks.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Why would people trade it back to bestbuy for 4 dollar profit ? Thats bad flipping[/QUOTE]

$4 is $4. Especially considering that the trade-in value will likely plummet once the Trilogy is released. Also... say for example I wanted a game other than Mass Effect 3. Let's say a game priced at $20. I buy ME3 for $10... trade it for $14... buy the $20 game I actually want at a slight discount. Say for example, Lollipop Chainsaw.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Looks like im getting mass effect 3. Ill probibly trade it in during gamestops 50% promo[/QUOTE]Considering the :360: version's base TIV is $5 as of 9/27...that might be a bad idea. :whistle2:# But the :ps3: version base is $10 as of 9/9, so you could always risk that. :lol:

[quote name='Vigilante']Considering the :360: version's base TIV is $5 as of 9/27...that might be a bad idea. :whistle2:# But the :ps3: version base is $10 as of 9/9, so you could always risk that. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Awwww i had a bad feeling about it dropping. oh well i could buy it to play but i havent even played part 1 yet

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Awesome, I'll be picking up Lollipop Chainsaw later today. I still have my $5 mystery RWZ cert so I'll burn it on this. Thanks OP. :D[/QUOTE]
oh man! I have a $5 RWZ expiring soon! This will be perfect! Thanks OP.

[quote name='TooPoor']And people complain about @gamer not being totally awesome yesterday lol[/QUOTE]

B/c what happens today has nothing to ever to do with what happens yesterday right?!?!?

How fuckn stupid are you dumb ass? Your statement makes it sound as if there could have no correlation b/n all the complaining about the coupon on one day and then the next day these games go on sale.

Sale prices usually go up on Sunday. A day after WE(no thanks to corporate ass kissers like you) complained on the forum the sale prices go up and we finally get more than one decent deal w/ the coupon in the last 3 months...besides I'm sure a BB rep doesn't look at the comments we make right?

[quote name='aznhero913']B/c what happens today has nothing to ever to do with what happens yesterday right?!?!?

How fuckn stupid are you dumb ass? Your statement makes it sound as if there could have no correlation b/n all the complaining about the coupon on one day and then the next day these games go on sale.

Sale prices usually go up on Sunday. A day after WE(no thanks to corporate ass kissers like you) complained on the forum the sale prices go up and we finally get more than one decent deal w/ the coupon in the last 3 months...besides I'm sure a BB rep doesn't look at the comments we make right?[/QUOTE]

wow

So i signed up for gamer about 6 weeks ago to get the KoA deal. Still haven't received my first magazine in the mail. Very interested in Lollypop. Any chance of me going into my local best buy, pleading my case and being able to take advantage of the deal by an override or perhaps being given another mag with coupon?

Still waiting on my first issue. Joined the Club back in middle of August. A friend was looking forward to using the Sept. BF3 coupon, but I never got that issue. BestBuy just plain sucks.

[quote name='aznhero913']B/c what happens today has nothing to ever to do with what happens yesterday right?!?!?

Sale prices usually go up on Sunday. A day after WE(no thanks to corporate ass kissers like you) complained on the forum the sale prices go up and we finally get more than one decent deal w/ the coupon in the last 3 months...besides I'm sure a BB rep doesn't look at the comments we make right?[/QUOTE]
Wait...I just got insulted on some basis and logic I don't understand....

I was defending @gamer have an awesome program yesterday, and said people shouldn't complain about few weeks of meh coupons.

And today we have an awesome sale that could benefit most CAGs, and I hope those who complain at a mere $15 membership charge should just learn to enjoy the deals that BB give.

I still don't understand why you are mad at me, so your logic is....because some complained yesterday so that's why we have a sale today? So the complaining was beneficial? If so that I am completely unaware of this and I guess your madness is justified. And i don't know what evidence labels me as a corporarate ass kisser, I just think people should complain less and not dump their negative emotions on the Internet whenever they like. I have had my unpleanat run ins with BB before, I think of a way to deal with it and report my solutions here. I dont work for BB, i dont have unconditional love for them. So by your standards Enuf must be a major corporate ass kisser?

I'm just trying to do what mr. Strait edge said in your sig, save money, and live happy. What's with this blind hate you are experiencing this morning?

Sorry toopoor, I deleted my comment. My behavior was completely out of line. To answer your question, hell yeah. I think the complaining went well heard. I didn't just bring it up in this forum about my dissatisfaction of the coupons over the past 3 months, I brought it to the attention of BB reps in the forum as well last night. Am I saying it was all because of me? No, all I'm saying is that I know BB pays attention to the folks in this forum and what we expect from them.

As for my outburst towards you, I'm just getting tired of fanboys w/ their tongues up BB's @gamer programs ass...

The past 3 months have been horrible w/ no signs of getting anything good and assholes on this website telling people "hey dont complain, stop being greedy, its already paid for itself, etc...."

This is cheapassgamer motherfuckers, go make a website called dumbassconsumer so you guys can hold hand and harmonize about the fact that there are no price drops and that the coupon is essentially worthless...

Before this price drop, deal was the same for ME3 at amazon as BB. Amazon I can order from my house, get 2 day shipping, and not pay any sales tax. BB, its the opposite of all that. This aint even mentioning that AWD has it for $15 and we can all agree that buying from them has been a gold mine of great games at unbelievable prices.

If BB wants to stay in fuckn business, you better do better than just match amazon...

[quote name='joeyshadows']Local store has two me3 ce. Got one on hold. Thanks op.[/QUOTE]

Did the price of the CE drop too? I paid $30 after the coupon several weeks ago.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ Yeah it did for PS3, but not 360.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It might be worth a drive for a $10 return/rebuy (assuming it dropped that much, I have no idea).

^ YW. It should have taken effect by now, but if not then they should easily be able check the site and honor it.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Damn. bought lollipop for $29.99 with coupon last week. How do you get a price adjustment of you already used the coupon? Can you?[/QUOTE]
This has been $59.99 how'd you get it for $29.99 when it just now dropped to $39.99?

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Thanks. It might be worth a drive for a $10 return/rebuy (assuming it dropped that much, I have no idea).[/QUOTE]
I don't think you can do the rtr/rby since it's not available online?
There's one in Culver City last time I checked, fyi. If I didn't have to teach this afternoon I would have went...so hopefully another CAG grabs it!

bread's done
Back