Best Buy @Gamer Coupons expire 10/6 Mass Effect 3 $10, Lollipop Chainsaw $20 360 PS3

[quote name='GrafixGuerilla']Still waiting on my first issue. Joined the Club back in middle of August. A friend was looking forward to using the Sept. BF3 coupon, but I never got that issue. BestBuy just plain sucks.[/QUOTE]

Best buy sucks because you didn't go to the store and ask to use the store copy?! Best buy suck because they take 6-8 weeks to get you your magazine just like every other magazine subscription?!

Ok buddy.

Thanks OP. Gonna grab lolli with a rz cert and ME for my buddy overseas. The 1 time i but a game for $80 on day 1 in years and look what price it is now

[quote name='aznhero913'][Rant snipped....]
If BB wants to stay in fuckn business, you better do better than just match amazon...[/QUOTE]
So, your solution for best buy is to cut prices low enough that they don't make money... Brilliant money making plan!!!

Also, you do realize that sales aren't decided over night. That stuff comes down the pipe weeks in advance. Ask Tony in the Amazon thread how much work it is to get a sale pushed through....

Has anyone here had success best buy to refund or price match the Mass Effect 3 CE. My receipt says 29.99 after a $20 coupon, no mention of the 59.99 price, just a coupon match.

Well has anyone had success in general price matching best buy after using the gamer coupon.

I'm with you on this. Our comments about being DISAPPOINTED with the coupons lately weren't complaints in the first place. They were opinions, and showing our disappointments. Lets get one thing clear. Best Buy is not "giving" us anything free. If they were, and we had complained about it, then I can see how you guys can called us "being entitled" to things. But it's not free, and we paid a subcription for a product that had advertised and sold on the fact that there will be significant savings and $10 games. There's nothing wrong with someone who feels disappointed that there was nothing in the last 2 magazine for them!!!

And yes! If there weren't complaints about how ineffective the coupons have been for the last 2 months from some people, we may not have last minute drop to $10 like we did this final week of the current coupons. Why can't others see that this may be a possibility?

[quote name='aznhero913']Sorry toopoor, I deleted my comment. My behavior was completely out of line. To answer your question, hell yeah. I think the complaining went well heard. I didn't just bring it up in this forum about my dissatisfaction of the coupons over the past 3 months, I brought it to the attention of BB reps in the forum as well last night. Am I saying it was all because of me? No, all I'm saying is that I know BB pays attention to the folks in this forum and what we expect from them.

As for my outburst towards you, I'm just getting tired of fanboys w/ their tongues up BB's @gamer programs ass...

The past 3 months have been horrible w/ no signs of getting anything good and assholes on this website telling people "hey dont complain, stop being greedy, its already paid for itself, etc...."

This is cheapassgamer motherfuckers, go make a website called dumbassconsumer so you guys can hold hand and harmonize about the fact that there are no price drops and that the coupon is essentially worthless...

Before this price drop, deal was the same for ME3 at amazon as BB. Amazon I can order from my house, get 2 day shipping, and not pay any sales tax. BB, its the opposite of all that. This aint even mentioning that AWD has it for $15 and we can all agree that buying from them has been a gold mine of great games at unbelievable prices.

If BB wants to stay in fuckn business, you better do better than just match amazon...[/QUOTE]

Picked up a ME3 and Lollipop this morning for the xbox, Thanks OP.

So I had a extra ME3 coupon, while standing in line there were a couple of young guys behind me that I seen back in the gaming section. I decided to ask them if they wanted a coupon that would get the ME3 for $10. They both look at me like I'm crazy and like I was trying to hand them a anthrax laced coupon or some shit. They were like naw man and stepped back away from me as I was handing it to them, maybe they were stuck on not talking to strangers IDK.

[quote name='aznhero913']
AMAZON? Really bro, Amazon? Yeah, be thankful you don't have to pay taxes yet. But Gold Box deals have sucked all this year, AWD has taken a downhill as well especially when you are paying for a costlier item. Their CS may be great, but it sucks receiving an item and it being DOA the moment it arrives. Not to mention I got two different AWDs canceled on different occasions, and then mysteriously they had some more in-stock but for an extra $$$. Well shit, wonder why?

These -asslickers- as you put it, have definitely gotten their moneys worth, I for one find @Gamer much better than the PUR sub. Almost each month I've bought at least 1 game from @Gamer magazine, and the 10% is great for trade-ins. From the top of my head, SSX, KoA, SCV, B:AC, FFXIII-2, ME2, LC, ME3, Prototype 2, Battlefield 3.

What more do you want? You want bitchin' deals on every mag? Most of them have been great, and I'm glad they take a rest every now and then so I can stop having a massive backlog. Maybe the coupons haven't been great for you, and if they haven't you have every right to bitch about it. But saying we are all fanboys for not asking for more.. cmon now.

If anything, BB would be going out of business for having so many shitty titles still with high TiVs. ;)

Glad I didn't throw out my coupons.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Picked up a ME3 and Lollipop this morning for the xbox, Thanks OP.

So I had a extra ME3 coupon, while standing in line there were a couple of young guys behind me that I seen back in the gaming section. I decided to ask them if they wanted a coupon that would get the ME3 for $10. They both look at me like I'm crazy and like I was trying to hand them a anthrax laced coupon or some shit. They were like naw man and stepped back away from me as I was handing it to them, maybe they were stuck on not talking to strangers IDK.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair to them, brother daz, you were wearing a suit made of flesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']This has been $59.99 how'd you get it for $29.99 when it just now dropped to $39.99?[/QUOTE]

Lollipop Chainsaw was $59.99 for about a week of the coupon validity period but has been $49.99 in recent weeks.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']Has anyone here had success best buy to refund or price match the Mass Effect 3 CE. My receipt says 29.99 after a $20 coupon, no mention of the 59.99 price, just a coupon match.

Well has anyone had success in general price matching best buy after using the gamer coupon.[/QUOTE]
I've heard it's YMMV. I think it just depends on how helpful the person you deal with feels like being. I could probably get away with it at my BB since they're all really cool. (including voiding out a purchase all together so I could do a return/rebuy) You're not really out anything for trying to get it PM and explain that "you thought you could PM it if the price dropped otherwise you'd have waited" if they say they can't do it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']

So I had a extra ME3 coupon, while standing in line there were a couple of young guys behind me that I seen back in the gaming section. I decided to ask them if they wanted a coupon that would get the ME3 for $10. They both look at me like I'm crazy and like I was trying to hand them a anthrax laced coupon or some shit.[/QUOTE]

People now a days experience a random act of kindness so rarely that it feels so foreign to them. Scammers and con-artists really have done a great job. :(

[quote name='Brother Daz']Picked up a ME3 and Lollipop this morning for the xbox, Thanks OP.

So I had a extra ME3 coupon, while standing in line there were a couple of young guys behind me that I seen back in the gaming section. I decided to ask them if they wanted a coupon that would get the ME3 for $10. They both look at me like I'm crazy and like I was trying to hand them a anthrax laced coupon or some shit. They were like naw man and stepped back away from me as I was handing it to them, maybe they were stuck on not talking to strangers IDK.[/QUOTE]
I love trying to be helpful in stores. Especially to like old women cause it really freaks them out. It's like they're expecting me to rape them in the parking lot if they accept my help....

[quote name='mewman13']Thanks OP, got a ME3 CE and Lollipop at my store, rang up $30 and $40 respectively. If anyone is interested, here is the stock locator for ME3 CE PS3

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode[/QUOTE]

How reliable is the store locator for out of stock items (specifically PS3 ME3 CE)? There are none near me according to the online locator, but I have seen out of stock items in stores fairly often. When I called three different stores they told me they are out of stock, but I fear they are using the same online info as the consumer website. I have heard BB's website shows out of stock when they get down to just a few items in quantity. Is there any real way of knowing other than getting an extra helpful employee who will go physically look rather than just look at the computer?

[quote name='Woocls']I love trying to be helpful in stores. Especially to like old women cause it really freaks them out. It's like they're expecting me to rape them in the parking lot if they accept my help....[/QUOTE]
For some reason I have the opposite effect, lol once I was browsing the games section and some mom in her 30s asked me if I knew if Modern Warfare 3 was a good game for her son. How old? I asked. 11.

[quote name='jooanyenna']People now a days experience a random act of kindness so rarely that it feels so foreign to them. Scammers and con-artists really have done a great job. :([/QUOTE]

Agreed. I am always skeptical when strangers try to be nice or helpful. It's pretty sad.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']How reliable is the store locator for out of stock items (specifically PS3 ME3 CE)? There are none near me according to the online locator, but I have seen out of stock items in stores fairly often. When I called three different stores they told me they are out of stock, but I fear they are using the same online info as the consumer website. I have heard BB's website shows out of stock when they get down to just a few items in quantity. Is there any real way of knowing other than getting an extra helpful employee who will go physically look rather than just look at the computer?[/QUOTE]
The online system says out of stock when the number drops below 3. The system will tell them if there's even 1 in stock. So, if you call and they say no then they're out.

[quote name='eXiON']For some reason I have the opposite effect, lol once I was browsing the games section and some mom in her 30s asked me if I knew if Modern Warfare 3 was a good game for her son. How old? I asked. 11.[/QUOTE]

You should have recommended MW2 to her and noted that the airport stage is especially good for children that age.

Which console version of lollipop chainsaw should I get? I'm still debating ME3 but I think I might wait and see if they will make a Trilogy on the Wii U.

[quote name='eXiON']For some reason I have the opposite effect, lol once I was browsing the games section and some mom in her 30s asked me if I knew if Modern Warfare 3 was a good game for her son. How old? I asked. 11.[/QUOTE]
I had an old man ask me "Should I get my son Oblivion or Skyrim? Oblivion is so much cheaper and aren't they just the same?"

[quote name='barrit']You should have recommended MW2 to her and noted that the airport stage is especially good for children that age.[/QUOTE]
LOL I still can't believe that made it into the game.

[quote name='TooPoor']I had an old man ask me "Should I get my son Oblivion or Skyrim? Oblivion is so much cheaper and aren't they just the same?"[/QUOTE]Haha, I remember when I was younger I had an old guy ask me if I knew what game would be better for a girl. Maybe it was cause I had bieber hair back then.. hey, this was like 6 years ago mind you.

[quote name='barrit']You should have recommended MW2 to her and noted that the airport stage is especially good for children that age.[/QUOTE]
LOL I totally forgot about that, not sure I would've wanted the blood of future hundreds on my hands though.

Read the op this morning and headed over. Had great success, the cashier wanted to borrow my sku to for the coupons but i let him know they were digital coupons and if he still had the mag from last month he could do that. Which he did, so he might let someone else do that without buying the mag. YMMV though. This is in Laredo, Tx San Dario store.

I checked the stock on Mass Effect 3 CE on the website and it said in store only. Checked stock at the store and they had 4 on hand, just took one :) . Well, if anyone from laredo goes, the cashier in the game area wanted a ME3 CE copy. So hopefully people don't get too greedy.

[quote name='Borellius']Read the op this morning and headed over. Had great success, the cashier wanted to borrow my sku to for the coupons but i let him know they were digital coupons and if he still had the mag from last month he could do that. Which he did, so he might let someone else do that without buying the mag. YMMV though. This is in Laredo, Tx San Dario store.

I checked the stock on Mass Effect 3 CE on the website and it said in store only. Checked stock at the store and they had 4 on hand, just took one :) . Well, if anyone from laredo goes, the cashier in the game area wanted a ME3 CE copy. So hopefully people don't get too greedy.[/QUOTE]
I kinda wanted to make the 30 minute drive to the only BB store around me that says "In-store" for the CE, but didn't know if it was actually a safe bet. With my luck they'll just say they don't have any in-stock. I already bought the CE from AWD for $36 a few months back, but wanted an extra ME3 just so I can stop taking the disc out of the steelbook case, it's a total bitch to push the disc out, I'm lucky I still haven't broken the disc in half.

[quote name='eXiON']Haha, I remember when I was younger I had an old guy ask me if I knew what game would be better for a girl. Maybe it was cause I had justin bieber hair back then.. hey, this was like 6 years ago mind you.
[/QUOTE]
I was actually surprised he asked me thinking I would know, I am at the age of considering my own child i.e. I look old, guess he thinks anybody under the age of 100 should know better than him/:lol:

I don't think they can even use the coupon unless they are Reward Zone members. I know it's free, but some people don't want to sign up for things due to privacy issues and such.

Went and grabbed both on :360: during my lunch break. Now I can retire the CE Steelbook for ME3 b/c I always fear I'm gonna break a disc..When ringing out the clerk gave a real good look at the coupons and started to freak me out, turns out I just don't think she knew how to scan them. But when it went from $75 down to $30 she was shocked. I paid and left.

Thanks OP for making this thread, I was contemplating throwing my coupons out yesterday b/c I had seen the $49.99 shelf tag on Lollipop on Saturday and figured no way was I spending $30. And ME3 is just icing on the cake!

I want the ME3 PS3 Collector's edition. But... not willing to drive 30 minutes (before calculating traffic on the beltway in DC on rush hour, which is HORRIBLE) to the only store showing it in stock. I prefer to save myself hours of time and just get the DLC for $10.

I am really trying to convince myself to not buy LC. The gameplay just looks SOOO bad.

Thanks for posting this OP.

hahaha. i just threw my coupons away yesterday. but then i went and renewed my gcu yesterday so i got another mag. now when i am locking it in 13.50 tiv on amazon, it drops to 11 by the time i checkout. fuck it all im not buying and flipping this at all now.

[quote name='Deader2818']Lollipop chainsaw is fun if you can just take it for what it is. the gameplay didn't bother me at all.[/QUOTE]

Good way to put it. I haven't played it but like Neverdead, i knew what i was getting into before i bought it and am currently enjoying it

I'm gonna try to see if I can get the price adjustment from the ME3 LE copy I bought last week. Would it be possible for me, if I succeed in getting $20 back, that I ask the customer service associate to transfer it to a purchase of Lollipop Chainsaw with the coupon?

^ME3 CE has been scarce ever since it dropped in price, you would have to be lottery luck to find one, unfortunately.

I know this is off-topic, but I've been looking into subscribing to @Gamer, but have heard that sometimes it can take over 2 months to get your first issue, sometimes they'll skip a month, etc. Can anyone confirm or deny any of this?

Loredo, TX. I have a brother who lives there, but haven't seen him in over 10 years. You'll pretty cool suggesting for us CAGs to leave a copy for your cashier. :applause:

[quote name='Borellius']Read the op this morning and headed over. Had great success, the cashier wanted to borrow my sku to for the coupons but i let him know they were digital coupons and if he still had the mag from last month he could do that. Which he did, so he might let someone else do that without buying the mag. YMMV though. This is in Laredo, Tx San Dario store.

I checked the stock on Mass Effect 3 CE on the website and it said in store only. Checked stock at the store and they had 4 on hand, just took one :) . Well, if anyone from laredo goes, the cashier in the game area wanted a ME3 CE copy. So hopefully people don't get too greedy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']^ME3 CE has been scarce ever since it dropped in price, you would have to be lottery luck to find one, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

But I already have a ME3 CE on me. What does it have to do with my question?

[quote name='roedaniel19']I know this is off-topic, but I've been looking into subscribing to @Gamer, but have heard that sometimes it can take over 2 months to get your first issue, sometimes they'll skip a month, etc. Can anyone confirm or deny any of this?[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV really. I never had that problem when I initially signed up.

[quote name='roedaniel19']I know this is off-topic, but I've been looking into subscribing to @Gamer, but have heard that sometimes it can take over 2 months to get your first issue, sometimes they'll skip a month, etc. Can anyone confirm or deny any of this?[/QUOTE]
You can usually get your first mag in store. After that though it's up to when they send off your application and stuff. I've heard most stores wait until they can batch several applications and send them all in together. Which means it could be a couple weeks before @gamer even knows you were interested. Then the usually couple weeks waiting period. If you get all set after the cut off date for sending out new magazines then you could miss your next one. But if you take the receipt you signed up for @gamer into the store and explain that your mag didn't show up they should give you the current month right there (this however has been YMMV for many people).

[quote name='Investor']Loredo, TX. I have a brother who lives there, but haven't seen him in over 10 years. You'll pretty cool suggesting for us CAGs to leave a copy for your cashier. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Ten years?! What the hell?

[quote name='Woocls']You can usually get your first mag in store. After that though it's up to when they send off your application and stuff. I've heard most stores wait until they can batch several applications and send them all in together. Which means it could be a couple weeks before @gamer even knows you were interested. Then the usually couple weeks waiting period. If you get all set after the cut off date for sending out new magazines then you could miss your next one. But if you take the receipt you signed up for @gamer into the store and explain that your mag didn't show up they should give you the current month right there (this however has been YMMV for many people).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Maybe I'll talk to the rep next time I'm in the store about this. He's the one who actually warned me about the mag in the first place.

Grabbed ME3 :360:, thanks a million OP. Lots of copies still left at my store, I'm thinking there's not a lot of CAGs around SLC.

And I wasn't smart enough to look if they had any PS3 CE's in stock...

I've never had them skip an issue, I'd guess that's fairly rare. Just make sure your address is correct upon signing up.

As for getting the first issue, remember that it is like any other magazine out there and takes 4-6ish weeks to receive your first mailed issue. They also only send them out at the beginning of the month - so if you have bad luck and just miss the mailing window you'll have to wait another month.

If you sign up in the later part of the month, you won't get the following month's magazine in the mail. If you sign up in the first week of a magazine being out, you might or might not get the following magazine in the mail. Again, 4-6 weeks.

From their FAQ:
Q - I'm a first time subscriber. When will my first issue arrive?
A - If this is your first time subscribing to @Gamer, your first print issue is shipped via US Mail and can take up to 4-6 weeks for delivery. Digital editions will arrive via email.

No problem getting :360: Mass Effect 3 but got the last copy of :360: Lollipop Chainsaw. Between a $10 copy of ME3 and a $8 copy of ME I see no reason to buy the ME Trilogy. I will be on the lookout for a cheap ME2 now.

bread's done
Back