Best Buy Mystery Certificate (Check Email)

I would take my mom to bestbuy and let her pick out new appliances.
I would take my mom and let her pick out new appliances and/or electronics. Goodness knows she's worked hard all of her life, raised my older brother and myself, and made sacrifices. She most definitely deserves a personal shopping spree.

Apologies if I missed it since I haven't read through the entire thread but the cashier IS able to scan the mystery cert from a phone, correct? Thinking about picking up Hitman 2 with it.

Apologies if I missed it since I haven't read through the entire thread but the cashier IS able to scan the mystery cert from a phone, correct? Thinking about picking up Hitman 2 with it.
That is correct.

What I want to know is how all these people allegedly used the coupon for an online order. There are no fields that seem to correspond with the numbers on the cert. Can someone explain it, please?

That is correct.

What I want to know is how all these people allegedly used the coupon for an online order. There are no fields that seem to correspond with the numbers on the cert. Can someone explain it, please?
There's no way to use it online. You could last year by applying it as a guest but they fixed it.

Needed a 1 month ps+ for Fallout 76 to hold me over until the 1 year ps+ special black friday price but they didnt have any cards. Got a $10 psn card and paid $5 after certificate and it turns out you can use psn funds to pay for ps+ and 1 month is $9.99.

Check spam? Also are you signed up for promotion emails?
Yes, I just rechecked it and it was somehow inactivate
I never deactivated promo or marketing
Weird (I still always get DOTD emails and alerts)
Thanks dude

Last edited by a moderator:
I just used the $5 voucher to buy ESO:Tamriel Ulimited for a little over $3 (Including tax). Very good deal, I'll be playing that when I get the chance. 

Elite plus member here, my code was worth 100 dollars, just bought fallout 76 and 3 new amiibos and a power A Super Mario Bros controller for 129. Fkkin awesome

I used this to buy Return to Arkham on ps4. I tried to PM with Walmart which is 7 cents less. Cashier either did me a solid for no reason or made a mistake because she price matched it with another seller for $15.60. With the 5 dollar certificate, I ended up paying just $10.60 for the game.

Used my $5 on $65 of XBL credit and used it to pick up some games from the Xbox BF sale. XBL Gold members got 4 days of early access, decided to strike while the iron is hot.

I do not have this, it also seems like this is an on-going thing...  I never received it once in the past..  what are the qualifications for this or is it purely random who gets it

Final day reminder!

Used mine today on a $10 PSN card. I considered getting :ps4: Shadow of the Colossus for $11 after GCU and mystery cert, but I still have the PS2 and PS3 versions (never played either) so I don't mind waiting to see if the price drops further.

Gave in and used my $5 cert on Fallout 76. Pretty good bet it'll be on sale within 45 days for a price match. No problem stacking with GCU.

I know. I was trying to enter every possible number on the page where you print your mystery rewards cert, but nothing is working. Thanks guys, but I spent enough time on this so I'll just let it go.

Has anyone had a problem getting a pm & using this certificate?  Today's the last day and there's nothing I want or need from BB at their current prices, but I would like to pm a game & apply the cert to that. Any reason why this won't work?

Has anyone had a problem getting a pm & using this certificate? Today's the last day and there's nothing I want or need from BB at their current prices, but I would like to pm a game & apply the cert to that. Any reason why this won't work?
That would not stack with GCU for obvious reasons, but there’s no reason you can’t PM and then apply the five dollars.

Mystery Certificate definitely works with GCU, my bestbuy won't sell BFV steel by itself, I ended up getting Dishonored Death of the Outsider for $11.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I used my cert on FO76. I’m glad it finally stacks with GCU. In the past, I’ve let them expire because there was nothing I wanted to use them on.

How do you use this code online
Try signing into your Best Buy account, then going to your email and clicking the link to see your mystery certificate. Mine linked directly to my account and I didn't have to enter any pin numbers or codes. If you're paying with Paypal you need to click through the normal checkout to apply it, not the checkout with Paypal method.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took my $5 cert in last night.  Originally wanted to use it to preorder Smash, but wasn't sure whether it would stack with GCU, so I decided to grab a year of Nintendo Switch Online instead.  The cashier was having difficulty scanning it (perhaps because it's a subscription, but people on here have been saying PSN credit works, so IDK).  Eventually the cashier gave up and said he'd just override the amount off my total and I'd be able to use the cert again.  I thanked him for the nice gesture, but told him that it would unfortunately expire that night.

Then I jokingly say, "Did I say $5?  I meant $10."  Without question, the cashier says okay and gets the override from a supervisor.  And that kids, is how I got a year of NSO for 50% off.

It pays to be nice and never hurts to ask!

bread's done
Back