Best Buy Mystery Certificate (Check Email)

I got to two different emails. I thought Best Buy had merged my accounts but I guess not all of them. My Elite account got one and an account I haven’t used since July 2016. Both are $5 so I plan buying 2 $10 eShop cards and paying $5 each. I will be it at Best Buy tomorrow to pickup Hitman 2 Gold Edition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just used my $5 promo cert to order a $10 eShop card via BB.com website.
Maybe I'm thinking of gift cards then... I know I went to BB a few months ago and they wouldn't let me use something on a PSN $10 card.

How did you use this cert online?

Maybe I'm thinking of gift cards then... I know I went to BB a few months ago and they wouldn't let me use something on a PSN $10 card.

How did you use this cert online?
When checking out, there is an area for Promo Codes during the Payment section. Entered the Bar Code Number from the left hand side of the cert (be sure to include the numbers on the ends of the barcode, not just ones underneath). Once entered, you then click a button to confirm the dollar amount being applied. After that, checkout as normal.

WooHoo!!! $5!!!  Everything I was thinking about getting is much cheaper on Black Friday so I just picked up Edward Scissorhands blu ray for $1.  Thanks OP for pointing this out.

When checking out, there is an area for Promo Codes during the Payment section. Entered the Bar Code Number from the left hand side of the cert (be sure to include the numbers on the ends of the barcode, not just ones underneath). Once entered, you then click a button to confirm the dollar amount being applied. After that, checkout as normal.
I tried but got invalid promo code error :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesnt work

Didn't work for me either.

I would really like at least a $5 gc because I’m planning to buy Tetris effect tomorrow with my GCU. It would have been great to get another $5 off, but I never got the email.

I'm elite and I got nada. It seems backwards, but I think they give these out to people who don't spend money at BB in hopes for sales?
I've gotten them in prior years when I shopped there more. Haven't shopped much this year and got nothing. I'm pretty sure it's just purely random.

Does the certificate stack with GCU? I tried to use it and it would not take $5 off the discounted price after the cashier scanned the barcode.

I rarely go to Best buy anymore, so I'm glad I got this when I did. My wife asked me to pick up an external Hard drive and some SD cards in preparation of some family pictures. So I should be all set until they send me another random $5 next year

Does the certificate stack with GCU? I tried to use it and it would not take $5 off the discounted price after the cashier scanned the barcode.
It's not a reward certificate, meaning it's a discount. BB doesn't allow discounts to stack. :(

My code ends in 877.

If by some miracle I get the $5,000 credit, I pledge to donate the entire amount to my local children's hospital.  I have more than enough and more than I need so if I could help the less fortunate, I will.

I want to use this on my battlefield V DE preorder.....problem is I also have the $10 off BF trade coupon....will i have issues using both when I pick it up?

I tried but got invalid promo code error :\

Doesnt work
Okay, my bad. I don't know what happened but I entered the code and it applied a $5 Rewards Cert I had just gotten instead. Just confirmed that when I went back and looked at the Order Details. Trying to figure out why I didn't get an Error but did get Rewards pulled through. Sorry about that.

Edit: I see there was a mixup.

I am out of idea on what to get with the $5 reward as there are no good sale next week either.  Can I just get a $10 xbox credit with it?  or can i use it to do preorder for movie/game?

I am out of idea on what to get with the $5 reward as there are no good sale next week either. Can I just get a $10 xbox credit with it? or can i use it to do preorder for movie/game?
I am going to try to get a $10 eShop card when I pickup my Hitman 2 Gold Edition later today.

If Best Buy's internal consumer data indicates you are likely going to buy a new fridge, but are on fence, then you're much more likely to get a $100 GC, for example, then someone it thinks is going to spend their money on video games anyway. 

Got one, likely a $5 code. It's all good though I'm sure I'll find something good to grab with it.

Edit: Like a 2TB internal HDD for my PS4 Slim.

Got one, likely a $5 code. It's all good though I'm sure I'll find something good to grab with it.

Edit: Like a 2TB internal HDD for my PS4 Slim.
I have a 8tb external hdd connected to my PS4 Slim. I went with a 3.5 inch WD Desktop (ac power) and paid roughly $140 last year after Black Friday.

Is the certificate for a 5 dollar discount now, or is do you get a 5 dollar certificate later.  I'm confused by this.

https://www.bestbuy.com/mysteryrewards

Offer Certificates valued between $5 and $500: If the value of an Offer Certificate is revealed to be between $5 and $500, ... (a) is redeemable in one, positive transaction for a discount off future purchase amounts equal to or greater than the revealed value of the Offer Certificate

also of note in the fine print:

Offer Certificates may be used in conjunction with most other discounts or offers toward the purchase of products, not to exceed the purchase amount

that should mean that you CAN combine this with GCU

Actually got one this year!  After years of receiving them they decided to skip me last year... I'm assuming it's because I bought a TV so they felt didn't need to send me a promo.  $5 but oh well, still $5.

I ended getting 2 $10 eShop cards using my 2 $5 mystery rewards certificates. I am assuming you can use them on Xbox or PlayStation $10 gift cards since they should be coded in the same category. I doubt you can use you can use it food or gas gift cards since they can’t buy them with a Best Buy gift card anymore. There is a $5 eShop e-gift card online and I didn’t want to push my luck and give them the SKU.

Hitman 2 takes awhile to install/download even on a 200 MBS internet connection hardwired. I am glad I have a 8 TB external hdd on my PS4 Slim and a 4 TB on my PS4 Pro. I got my PS4 Slim first so I overbought on HDD space.

Since the $5 barcodes are the same is it possibly to just have them scan the barcode again but using different bestbuy accounts to get multiple things for $5 off?

Since the $5 barcodes are the same is it possibly to just have them scan the barcode again but using different bestbuy accounts to get multiple things for $5 off?
Each is certificate is unique. I only had 2 certificates since I have 2 Best Buy accounts that hasn’t been merged.

For those who are in the know: unlike regular certs, which can typically be applied to an order and refunded later if said order is cancelled, THIS cert will not be refunded if I cancel an ordered its applied to after the expiration date, yes?

And there's no way to continue to add certs to a preorder after the initial purchase is made, boo.

I went and bought a small lego set and it took off 0.00.

Wasn't it supposed to take it off the price or will I get a 5 dollar cert later?

I saw someone said they used it on eshop but has anyone tried on playstation or xbox currency yet? I have the mystery cert and a $5 normal cert to use.

Confirmed it works on $10 PSN credit. Got one last night to use on my Spotify bill heh.

bread's done
Back