Best Buy Mystery Certificate (Check Email)

Why are there two certificates on the print out?
Printout states that one supersedes in the event of a discrepancy
I didn't get the email this time, so I can't confirm for certain, but in the past one barcode has been for employees in the store to scan and tell you what amount your cert is, and the other is the one that gets scanned when you actually make your purchase.

The discrepancy thing is usually there to prevent scams; so that if you walk in and your "What's this worth?" barcode says $100, and your "Use this" barcode says $5, you get $5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Score! 5 dollars is 5 dollars.

There’s supposed to be 40 winners of the grand prize and (18,969,560) winners of the 5 dollars.

877 here, $5 is $5 though and I have a $10 about to be issued so I might pick up a game on the cheap.

I am suddenly "not elligible for this reward," unlike every other year before. Must've done something to tick em off, I guess. Not sure what it was since I barely shop there anymore lol

It would cost me $5 in gas to drive all the way to a best buy (none near me)

So this is pointless... 

I am suddenly "not elligible for this reward," unlike every other year before. Must've done something to tick em off, I guess. Not sure what it was since I barely shop there anymore lol
While everyone else got the $5 code... they accidentally sent you the $5000 code... thus "not elligible for this reward"

See, they do give out the $5000 code, they just revoke it when someone actually gets it.

As per the usual, nothing for me yet again.  Good to see BB always rewards its loyal and best customers with these promotions.

As per the usual, nothing for me yet again. Good to see BB always rewards its loyal and best customers with these promotions.
I'm elite and I got nada. It seems backwards, but I think they give these out to people who don't spend money at BB in hopes for sales?

I'm elite and I got nada. It seems backwards, but I think they give these out to people who don't spend money at BB in hopes for sales?
That is likely true. But you think they would throw their most loyal and highest spending customers a bone every once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure I got $5 as well; sucks it has to be used before BF, might have to use it to pre-order BFV but IDK. :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back