Best Buy Reward Zone Gamers Club changing in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just got this email:

The game is changing. New benefits. New rewards.
It's a whole new way to play the game.

Reward Zone® Gamers Club is leveling up. On September 12, 2011,
you will begin earning double points on new game software, including
digital content and accessories purchases. Plus, for $14.99 per year,
you can join the optional paid level—Gamers Club Unlocked—where
you'll enjoy access to even greater benefits: REWARD ZONE GAMERS CLUB
• A free subscription to @Gamer, the exclusive gaming magazine

• 10% off all pre-owned software purchases

• 10% bonus credit on trade-in software

• Reward Zone Gamers Club exclusive offers
Between now and September 11, 2011, you will continue to earn 500 bonus points for every $150 you spend on video games, PC games and video game accessories at Best Buy® stores or BestBuy.com®.

Then on September 12, 2011, you'll automatically be part of the new Reward Zone Gamers Club. And you'll have the opportunity to visit a Best Buy store and 'level up' to Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked. And because you’ve been a loyal Gamers Club member, we want to give you a preview of the new club. So going back to June 1, 2011, you'll also earn double points on all new software and accessories purchases.

All this plus the Reward Zone points you earn every day for nearly all your Best Buy purchases, including gaming hardware. For the latest Reward Zone Gamers Club information, visit MyRZ.com.

I'm not sure if the doubling points thing actually benefits us. The way it's worded, it sounds like they'll be getting rid of the 500 bonus points for every $150 in game purchases. Which means double point purchases is actually a downgrade since we'll get 300 points instead of 500 points for every $150 spent.

The $15 a year thing is the same price as a @Gamer magazine subscription right now. Not sure if the 10% saved on trade ins and preowned games would be worth it enough.

Seriously, I wonder if we can pick a day and go and everyone cancel their preorder to send a message that this kind of bs wont be tolerated. We all get a grassroots campaigne together and just select a date to go and get it done.

This is some really silly bitching.. especially when it is bundled with defending Gamestop.

Look.. gamestop doesn't price match.. PERIOD. Best Buy does and they've gotten more leinent with it as of late.

Gamestop hardly ever issues coupons and they almost always require that you "pay for them with points". Best Buy has had some really killer coupons in their @Gamer magazine lately that have STACKED with sale prices.

Best Buy has had decent offerings on new releases (Gift Cards, RZ points etc.). Like Enuf has mentioned, Best Buy has also been willing to retroactively match a competitors sale price on that same new title if it is within the 30 day (standard memeber) or 45 day (silver member) return period.

I'm not a best buy fan but I have been impressed with all the sales, clearance drops, promotions that they have been running lately.

Unless I need a niche title I try to stay away from gamestop.

And I just preordered the 5 gamees for $100 deal and also preordered the Star Wars Kinect bundle. That wwould have been $50 in certificates. (Sigh)

Sadly they changed the reward zone program. I use to break my neck to go out of the way to buy a new game or two from best buy to earn points, this won't be the case anymore. I'm not interested in there Power Up Rewards Membership and Game Informer Magazine...Err Reward Zone Club downgrade and @Gamer Magazine with a coupon I use every other issue sadly. What a waste of $15 sometimes. I won't be renewing I'll just steal the coupon from in store lol

Heh, a little Off-Topic but apparently PC Richards is trying to compete with BB, and with this recent news, they might have an edge.

RECEIVE REWARDS

For every ONE THOUSAND (1000) Points you earn in the Program, you will be eligible to receive a FIFTY DOLLAR ($50.00) P.C. Richard & Son® Gift Card to be used toward a future Qualified Purchase made at a participating P.C. Richard & Son® retail store location. ONE THOUSAND (1000) Points will be automatically deducted from your Account for every FIFTY DOLLAR ($50.00) P.C. Richard & Son® Gift Card issued to you in connection with the Program. Check www.pcrichard/videorewards.com for details. P.C. Richard & Son® will not replace any lost or stolen gift cards. Other restrictions or exclusions may apply.

$1000 spent -> $50, but you get 300 points for signing up. Hmmm... not sure how the math stacks up though.

[quote name='ryanflucas']Wow BB is starting to really suck. They also recently raised the employment requirements with hour blocks/weekend minimums. If it's corporate-wide, they will likely loose a quarter of their staff, maybe more. Either they are trying to really buckle down or someone's getting greedy.[/QUOTE]
They are also changing the employee discount. The discount will no longer go below 50% of what we're selling it for i.e. if a iPhone case is being sold for $20 with our discount we get it for $6 next month that discount will only be $10.

Also it seems like a fair amount of people have been complaining about the used game selection. My store hasn't had a used game shipment in over a month due to the fact BB has switched the company that does their trade-ins. The first company couldn't handle the volume we had so they switched over to another company and stores should be getting a shipment this week before the B2G1F ends.

Also most stores just received their trade-in desks in the past month and most people don't even know we do trade-ins (obviously CAGs do but I can tell you from experience the everyday person shopping there does not). By Christmas time I think the selection will be far better esp with people wanting to trade-in for the bigger titles this fall.

[quote name='Cyrcle']Take back what I previously said. Figured out the total points in excel.

Currently how it's done:
$150 Spent [150pts] + Gamers Club Bonus [500pts] + If you use credit card [150pts] + If you have Silver Status 25% [37pts] = 837pts.

How it will be done, if we're lucky:
$150 Spent [150pts] + Gamers Club Bonus [150pts] + If you use credit card [300pts] + If you have Silver Status 25% [75pts] = 675pts.

How they'll probably do it:
$150 Spent [150pts] + Gamers Club Bonus [150pts] + If you use credit card [150pts] + If you have Silver Status 25% [37pts] = 487pts.[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm mistaken, there's no indication that they're going to double the amount of points you earn from your Rewards Zone CC so for now your second scenario is just wishful thinking. Also your math is slightly wrong if I'm interpreting the email correctly. The email wording is that you get double points for Rewards Zone Gamers Club instead of the original bonus, thus 300 points instead of 500. So your last scenario should be:

$150 Spent [150pts] + Gamers Club Bonus [300pts] + If you use credit card [150pts] + If you have Silver Status 25% [37pts] = 637pts.

I won't be paying for the upgrade... I'm one of those consumers that just doesn't buy enough to make it worth it... meh...

[quote name='musicjunkie']They are also changing the employee discount. The discount will no longer go below 50% of what we're selling it for i.e. if a iPhone case is being sold for $20 with our discount we get it for $6 next month that discount will only be $10.[/QUOTE]

Wow that sucks about the discount. I just recently left BBY because of the new scheduling requirements. And now they want to muck up the discounts? Better get those Dynex cables before they go from $1-2 to $10-15!

My best buy never has low clearance prices. They have very few used games and those games cost more than new copies from other retailers. Best Buy's @gamer coupons at best give you the same price a game will be on sale for elsewhere within a couple of months.

I almost never buy games there outside of black Friday so there is no way in hell I'm paying them to get potential discounts. How much does it really save you if you are paying more for games just to get rz coupons?

To be honest, I think its about time I pick up the @gamer mag subscription anyway...to say you will save more than 15 bucks a year is an understatement. All it takes is one good 20 dollar off coupon and its paid for itself.

People are overeacting WAY too much about the loss of 500 bonus points for 150 spent. With the 10% bonus trade in, you'll be getting 10 dollars in credit practically as much with a couple of trade ins.

It's hardly the end of the world...hopefully tons of games will still come with 500 point bonuses for preorder

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']To be honest, I think its about time I pick up the @gamer mag subscription anyway...to say you will save more than 15 bucks a year is an understatement. All it takes is one good 20 dollar off coupon and its paid for itself.

People are overeacting WAY too much about the loss of 500 bonus points for 150 spent. With the 10% bonus trade in, you'll be getting 10 dollars in credit practically as much with a couple of trade ins.

It's hardly the end of the world...hopefully tons of games will still come with 500 point bonuses for preorder[/QUOTE]

No kidding.. if you don't spend enough to make the $15 cost of the membership/magazine worthwhile then the old program wouldn't have benefited you much more either.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Also most stores just received their trade-in desks in the past month and most people don't even know we do trade-ins (obviously CAGs do but I can tell you from experience the everyday person shopping there does not). By Christmas time I think the selection will be far better esp with people wanting to trade-in for the bigger titles this fall.[/QUOTE]

I went in specifically looking for the damn trade-in desk and still couldn't find it. Finally found a floor guy to do my trade-in last saturday and he walked me to the desk. It was TWO rows over from the gaming section and facing the back wall with the vaccums :roll:

As someone who was searching for it, didn't notice it, I highly doubt your everyday customer would. Also count me as someone who just paid for the subscription and signed up for the 5 for $100 on Saturday.... well guess I have until Sept. 20th to make my final decision. :booty:

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']To be honest, I think its about time I pick up the @gamer mag subscription anyway...to say you will save more than 15 bucks a year is an understatement. All it takes is one good 20 dollar off coupon and its paid for itself.

It's hardly the end of the world...hopefully tons of games will still come with 500 point bonuses for preorder[/QUOTE]

Except you can wait a month or two and get the game on sale somewhere else for the same price with no coupon AND you save the 15 dollar subscription fee. I have a huge backlog of under 10 AAA games I got on clearance at Target and Sears. I just don't see why I would have a problem waiting...

[quote name='Blaster man']Except you can wait a month or two and get the game on sale somewhere else for the same price with no coupon AND you save the 15 dollar subscription fee. I have a huge backlog of under 10 AAA games I got on clearance at Target and Sears. I just don't see why I would have a problem waiting...[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. Recently, it's made no sense to buy games ANYWHERE but Amazon or Best Buy, since I rarely have to spend cash due to their generous TIVs.

The only reason I even care about Target prices is so I can PM at Best Buy using credit

[quote name='Zarathos']I won't be paying for the upgrade... I'm one of those consumers that just doesn't buy enough to make it worth it... meh...[/QUOTE]

I'm in this boat. I've bought a total of 5 console games from them this year.. (bought in pairs, and one occasion involved PMing TRU) and possibly (can't remember that far back) ever. Doesn't help that I got screwed with the first (and last) time I bought their coupon magazine. But the problem is that it's like $6-$7 an issue.. so if there's that rare magical deal, you just feel silly not getting a full subscription. I guess that speaks some for them that this $100 for 5 pre-orders deal may double that count, aside from an Outlet Store order?

I will say that I have bought a number of PC games from them, however (that was something they were rather good at). Haven't been a PC gamer in a while though, not sure how they're holding up now.

Edit: 6, I got the Tekken 6 bundle from them. Just being honest.*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']People are overeacting WAY too much about the loss of 500 bonus points for 150 spent. With the 10% bonus trade in, you'll be getting 10 dollars in credit practically as much with a couple of trade ins.[/quote]
I don't feel anyone is overreacting. You are losing out, no way of cutting it.

Video Games
Old 150pts = $10 + 150RZ towards 250pts' $5
New 250pts = $5

Say I buy 3 $50 game...
Under old plan I buy 3, I get $10 plus 150 RZ points
Under new plan I buy 3, I get $5 plus 50 RZ points.
It adds up when you spend more...

The 10% trade in bonus in only good if A) you actually trade a ton of games and B) if Best Buy doesn't lower trade in values, which will occur. Don't think Best Buy will give you current 40%-50% bonus deals and then add an additional 10% on top of it. They aren't THAT giving.

It's hardly the end of the world...hopefully tons of games will still come with 500 point bonuses for preorder
You can hope but based on current state I don't see it happening. 5/$100RZ has up and replaced the old preorder process. There is only two titles listed (Deus Ex and Zelda); both which were listed for a long while now. Now all you can hope for is more GC tied to release titles.

[quote name='lordopus99']I don't feel anyone is overreacting. You are losing out, no way of cutting it.

Video Games
Old 150pts = $10 + 150RZ towards 250pts' $5
New 250pts = $5

Say I buy 3 $50 game...
Under old plan I buy 3, I get $10 plus 150 RZ points
Under new plan I buy 3, I get $5 plus 50 RZ points.
It adds up when you spend more...

The 10% trade in bonus in only good if A) you actually trade a ton of games and B) if Best Buy doesn't lower trade in values, which will occur. Don't think Best Buy will give you current 40%-50% bonus deals and then add an additional 10% on top of it. They aren't THAT giving.

You can hope but based on current state I don't see it happening. 5/$100RZ has up and replaced the old preorder process. There is only two titles listed (Deus Ex and Zelda); both which were listed for a long while now. Now all you can hope for is more GC tied to release titles.[/QUOTE]

Or you can wait a year or two and buy 150 dollars in games for $20. I'm really cheap and just don't understand the inpatience. I'm not some child that has no patience or willpower. I'm buying games here, not food or gas. I can wait and if I miss a few AAA titles, big deal, just video games. I don't have time to play them all anyway since I have two kids.

Man, given how long it takes for points to clear, I think I need to go buy something at BB today to kick myself over for the bonus 500 points (I'm at about $120 spent so far) in time before the September transfer date.

Boo on Best Buy; the bonus 500 for $150 spent was the only reason I occasionally bought gaming goods from them instead of other places.

I do get just a little annoyed that every time they "upgrade" the reward zone, it is at the detriment of the consumer. I have had the reward zone from its inception. Every time that Best Buy has a program, it usually turns out to be really good for the customer, which means it is going to cost Best Buy in the long run.

I do not thing that they had the $150 in games get you $10 last year when they had the B2G1. I am pretty sure that after that week, they had to give out a lot more credit than they had planned.

I can not say that I want a subscription to @gamer. My favorite part of that email, though, is where they say that you will get the subscription for free for $14.99.

It is okay to change your policy now and then, just don't attempt to sugarcoat and blow smoke up our asses at the same time. For shame, Best Buy, for shame.

[quote name='karyadi']I just recently got the 500 gamer points but I don't see a gift cert. How do long does it take to process?[/QUOTE]

31 to 35 days

I'm in, I want the mag anyway so no big deal.

Knew the 500 bonus on 150 wasn't gonna last it's too much percentage wise compared to everything else.

[quote name='GBAstar']Best Buy does and they've gotten more leinent with it as of late.[/QUOTE]

Completely YMMV. The stores in Emeryville, CA and the two in Sacramento rarely ever PM, even with a printed ad right in front of them. After informing corporate, they just respond with a generic "we'll address it." Sure.

I used to do Amazon / best buy depending on which had the better sale; I guess it is time to re evaluate my shopping.

Not a huge fan of this; it's the reason I bought MK TE off of them it was 149 so right away i got 10.00coupon; plus the 15.00 or 10.00 gift card as well!

sigh! guess it's back to Amazon and gamestop

[quote name='ephermal']sigh! guess it's back to Amazon and gamestop[/QUOTE]

Amazon I can understand but why would you on earth return to GS?!
This "membership" is essentially the same as PUR except BB has actual sale prices on games, coupons from the @gamer mag (that stack with sales for now mind you) and a shit-ton of other merchandise other than games and the related.

I'm not a huge fan of BB but even with this change BB still seems a better option than GS IMHO.

The Best Buy near my parents doesn't have used games, but the one near my house does. I wouldn't trade in any games at all anyway.

As far as the Gamer magazine sub is, it's not a bad magazine, but the coupons are always for the best selling bro games I never play, so it's not worth it to me.

It kind of sucks, as long as the magazines still have those coupons I'll be fine with this change. I actually do enjoy the magazines.

[quote name='cruzadel']What if u reach $150 before Sept 12? The credit will appear after 35 days so after Sept 12. Do you still get the 500 points?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that myself. Like several others here have said, I'm about $11 short of that $150 line. There aren't really any games that I want at the immediate moment, and I shouldn't spend the money right now anyway. Am I ok if I buy a game any time before Sept. 12th, or do I need to buy it in time to completely clear the process before then? They need to be more clear.

Edit: Ok, what the fuck, Best Buy? When I logged in to my account a couple of weeks ago, I was $11 short of the $150. I log in now, and it says that I'm $47 short of it. I haven't returned anything or done anything else that should have caused it to drop. How the hell does that happen?

This is better than GS. If Game Informer had coupons for GS then I would stick to GS but now that BB has stepped up their shit that's my #1 choice. Correct me if I'm worng but didn't GI have coupons for GS?

Edit- Actually now that I think about GS is better. b2g1 every time you redeem a new year. Also the new PUR is a solid program.

[quote name='arcane93']I was wondering that myself. Like several others here have said, I'm about $11 short of that $150 line. There aren't really any games that I want at the immediate moment, and I shouldn't spend the money right now anyway. Am I ok if I buy a game any time before Sept. 12th, or do I need to buy it in time to completely clear the process before then? They need to be more clear.

Edit: Ok, what the fuck, Best Buy? When I logged in to my account a couple of weeks ago, I was $11 short of the $150. I log in now, and it says that I'm $47 short of it. I haven't returned anything or done anything else that should have caused it to drop. How the hell does that happen?[/QUOTE]

There should be a button on the bottom that you click on 'missing purchases' and such. Call Customer Service and find out. I've had it happen before and they usually throw in a few extra rz points for the mishap.

While checking my RZ stats, I remember what really irks me about this program and where GS excels. Having to pay tax when I use trade-in store credit and not getting any RZ points when using store credit both stink.

So now I'm curious what to spend $20 on to get $10 back? I'm 20 bucks away from the 150 barrier... what are those "qualifying gaming purchases"? and I guess silly questions but I can't use giftcards and have to use either cash/Debit or CC?

And because you’ve been a loyal Gamers Club member, we want to give you a preview of the new club. So going back to June 1, 2011, you'll also earn double points on all new software and accessories purchases.

Those of you that are close to $150... if you have made purchases since 6/1, the double points may push you over the top.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Those of you that are close to $150... if you have made purchases since 6/1, the double points may push you over the top.[/QUOTE]

The $150 is counted in dollars spent, not in points earned. You still spent the same amount of money, regardless of how many points they gave you for it.

Though another thing I wonder... Will this double points deal include the Reward Zone Silver bonus points, or will it just be on the standard points? Not that I'm likely to have RZ Silver for another year anyway, it was a fluke of a few major purchases last year that won't be repeated this year.

Ok, here's the big question:
Can we use our 10% off membership discount and stack on a preowned games coupon (such as that 50% off preowned game coupon from a few weeks back) on top of that?

As long as they don't remove/nerf the magazine coupons, it's already got a big jump on Gamestop, but I'm not sure I'd pay for both. Plus, even with the decrease in how quickly you can earn certs, I'd say it's still better than power up points, which are largely useless. Maybe there is some good to be had after all.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']as long as they don't remove/nerf the magazine coupons, it's already got a big jump on gamestop, but i'm not sure i'd pay for both. Plus, even with the decrease in how quickly you can earn certs, i'd say it's still better than power up points, which are largely useless. Maybe there is some good to be had after all.[/quote]

thank you!

Well looks like I'll be moving back to Amazon and Gamestop as well.

And before somebody jumps on the GS thing. This is how I look at it.

1. I have never had problems with Gamestop really, I do have problems with the way they do some things though.
2. I never experience the constant pressure to preorder or to buy something. They ask once and then stop, just like BB always asks me if I want to open a BB mastercard.
3. Besides Amazon gamestop has the best selection, everytime I go into BB they have nothing I ever want most of the time.
4. IMO GameInformer is a much higher level then Gamer. Game is getting better writers but I barely ever actually find something I want to read in there unlike GI.

Amazon is still my go-to, and always has been, especially with my prime membership

If only they had used games I actually wanted.

However, I'm looking forward to my double points for buying a pretty good amount of new games plus a turtle beach headset over the summer. Looks like some points will be coming my way.

But I still think they're trying to fool us. But maybe it's because we'll be seeing more preorder, get certificate bonuses.

Oh and to the poster above me, I completely agree about the magazines. I've saved a few bucks with Gamer and I do like getting the coupons. That is a great advantage of the mag, even if most of the coupons are BS. However, I barely even try to read through it. GI all the way for me on reading articles for sure.

Can I take this thread OT for a moment? What are the top 3 game magazines in the US for info and general good reading? I like PSX and XBOX only for the movie recommendations at the end. Game Informer is ok only. I like PC Gamer the best for the info about mods. Sometimes I just like having something physical to read.

I am not a fan of that vague statement regarding the 500 point bonus for $150 spent. I would like them to keep it, though it sounds like they are phasing it out. They should keep it for paying members at least. Their overall reward zone benefits are becoming less and less lucrative to some...

[quote name='boneless']Can I take this thread OT for a moment? What are the top 3 game magazines in the US for info and general good reading? I like PSX and XBOX only for the movie recommendations at the end. Game Informer is ok only. I like PC Gamer the best for the info about mods. Sometimes I just like having something physical to read.[/QUOTE]

I've had a bunch in the past, but now days, the only two I read are GameInformer and Edge. Though Edge is 'strictly speaking' UK, you *could* get a sub here in the US. I just randomly pick up issues when I stop in my local Micro Center.

[quote name='arcane93']I was wondering that myself. Like several others here have said, I'm about $11 short of that $150 line. There aren't really any games that I want at the immediate moment, and I shouldn't spend the money right now anyway. Am I ok if I buy a game any time before Sept. 12th, or do I need to buy it in time to completely clear the process before then? They need to be more clear.

Edit: Ok, what the fuck, Best Buy? When I logged in to my account a couple of weeks ago, I was $11 short of the $150. I log in now, and it says that I'm $47 short of it. I haven't returned anything or done anything else that should have caused it to drop. How the hell does that happen?[/QUOTE]

My points went down a while ago too, but I wasn't close to another $150 and wasn't going to be anytime soon so I didn't really care. I figured they expired after a year or something like RZ does for non silver members. All part of the improvements to serve us better. Just like the AMC Stubs pay rewards program they instituted because people 'asked' for it.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']As long as they don't remove/nerf the magazine coupons, it's already got a big jump on Gamestop, but I'm not sure I'd pay for both. Plus, even with the decrease in how quickly you can earn certs, I'd say it's still better than power up points, which are largely useless. Maybe there is some good to be had after all.[/QUOTE]

How is it better than PowerUpRewards? Firstly, PUR has a $5 off coupon that costs 4000 points. 4000 points is $200 worth of preowned merchandise. AKA $200 spent = $5 earned. Worse than BB's current system, yes, but better than their new one, but we're strictly speaking about cash purchases. However, those points are also earned on all TRADES and purchases made with credit (which is the worst part about Best Buy to begin with), making it much easier to earn those points than it is at BB.

PUR was a little better than RZ/Gamer's Club before, and it's light years ahead after the change.

That being said, GameStop rarely has better prices on new games compared to BB, but that's a different story. Either way, it looks like BB's foray into the used game world is going to be a huge flop.

I have a question. I'm $40 short of hitting the $150 for the 500 bonus points. As long as I spend $40 more before September I should still get it right?? Just wondering because I know it takes like 30-35 days to process.

When this paid program was first announced it was supposed to be the free version stayed the same and the paid version had double the current point system. So paid members would get $10 for every $75. No idea what happened since then.

[quote name='chuckywang']It's stupid that BB gives you gift cards for your trade-ins, but then you can't earn points if you buy games at BB with those gift cards. BB, you're doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]It would be double dipping & people would exploit the system by using GC's & points to buy gc's that earn more points. Although, the 35 day wait would negate the quick flip a "dedicated" person would spend alot upfront knowing that they'd "earn" RZ silver fast which would then allow them to further exploit the system by getting the 25% bonus. I don't like it either but I understand it.

[quote name='Blaster man']Best Buy's @gamer coupons at best give you the same price a game will be on sale for elsewhere within a couple of months.

so there is no way in hell I'm paying them to get potential discounts. How much does it really save you if you are paying more for games just to get rz coupons?[/QUOTE]The @gamer coupons stack so getting games like AC:B & DA2 for $15 is great w/o having to wait a while. Batman AA GOTY was $15 b4 they stacked, tomb raider trilogy was $25 2-3 weeks after release + your getting points on top of the huge discounts. You don't have to pay for "potential" savings just subscribe when there's a good set of coupons. If you break even on the 1st mag you'll then profit on every coupon then on plus when there's ones you don't want/need sell them too.

[quote name='Blaster man']Except you can wait a month or two and get the game on sale somewhere else for the same price with no coupon AND you save the 15 dollar subscription fee.[/QUOTE]^^^same as above with the coupons stacking the "wait" changes plus there's games that may not be there later. Look at all the people hunting for DS2 CE, TDU2 etc.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']But the problem is that it's like $6-$7 an issue.. so if there's that rare magical deal, you just feel silly not getting a full subscription.[/QUOTE]It's $5 for a single issue $15 for the sub, there was a deal earlier for $10 subs & that thread was filled with people on the fence even though only it would take 1 $20 coupon for it to pay for itself. With coupons stacking that "rare" deal isn't all that rare anymore. People were buying extra copies last month just for 1 coupon(50% off used games).

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Edit- Actually now that I think about GS is better. b2g1 every time you redeem a new year.[/QUOTE]even now the GS program is still weaker. B2g1 is only on used games, BB sells more than just games so that's an advantage GS will never have, you have price protection at BB 30-45 days, GS doesn't offer pre-order credit or instant gc's plus their mag has no coupons & any new game deal at GS would be the same price at BB just match it.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']PUR was a little better than RZ/Gamer's Club before, and it's light years ahead after the change.
Either way, it looks like BB's foray into the used game world is going to be a huge flop.[/QUOTE]^^^ PUR pales in comparison across the board & BB will probably start matching GS used game prices.

[quote name='Enuf']
^^^ PUR pales in comparison across the board & BB will probably start matching GS used game prices.[/QUOTE]

So i can start paying over priced prices at best buy too? FANTASTIC

[quote name='chrpnk']When this paid program was first announced it was supposed to be the free version stayed the same and the paid version had double the current point system. So paid members would get $10 for every $75. No idea what happened since then.[/QUOTE]
Since it was announced it always had the potential to be worse than the 'spend $150 get $10' status quo. When it was originally announced they used the "we're giving you double points" phrasing, which was ambiguous at the time, but now we know what they meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back