Best Buy, time for Mystery Rewards!

Fine print says in store only unfortunately. Does anyone know if I'd be able to use it if I do an order for in-store pickup? I'd imagine I couldn't since I pay for the order before arriving but I want to be sure.
You can use these online. I found out how a while ago.

Don't be logged in. Checkout as a guest. During checkout put your MyBBY member ID and from the mystery certificate use the certificate number. It should then apply the 20% GCU (if applicable) off, let you use the mystery certificate, any other certificates you might have (need to manually add them like the mystery cert). You should also earn points for the purchase since you put your member ID in during the checkout process.

They don't want you doing this as to make you go into the store. That is why these exist, to try to get you into the store to buy more then you plan on. So these work online if you work around the "mystery" part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't be logged in. Checkout as a guest. During checkout put your MyBBY member ID and from the mystery certificate use the certificate number. It should then apply the 20% GCU (if applicable) off, let you use the mystery certificate, any other certificates you might have (need to manually add them like the mystery cert). You should also earn points for the purchase since you put your member ID in during the checkout process.

They don't want you doing this as to make you go into the store. That is why these exist, to try to get you into the store to buy more then you plan on. So these work online if you work around the "mystery" part.
Thanks for this! Saved me some ⛽️ to find out about my $5 cert!

Thank you, but it doesn't seem to take off the 20%, at least it doesn't show it taking off the 20%, just the $5 cert. Does the discount only show up after you've hit order?

Just tried this it does work. Mine ends in 500 3 and is $5. Can you use these on BB gift cards? Dont need anything till i get my PS Pro in a couple weeks

Looks like I got $5 but can you use it online somehow?
Yes. Do guest checkout, go to the payment page, enter your Best Buy ID and then the cert # listed on the printout under part 2. It'll show the amount. Log in from there and it'll show up under your available certificates.

Thank you, but it doesn't seem to take off the 20%, at least it doesn't show it taking off the 20%, just the $5 cert. Does the discount only show up after you've hit order?
Hmmm they might have fixed that then. I can't say for certain if you'll get the 20% off or the points at the time of purchase. I know you should be able to get the points at the very least a few days after you make the order by submitting missing points.

I suppose if possible the best thing to do would not buy something that typically gets 20% off if you want to use it online, like XBL or PSN credit.

Just tried this it does work. Mine ends in 500 3 and is $5. Can you use these on BB gift cards? Dont need anything till i get my PS Pro in a couple weeks
No you can't use reward certificates on Best Buy gift cards.

Log in after you get it to show up under the guest checkout and it should show up under your available certs on the checkout page.

Hmmm they might have fixed that then. I can't say for certain if you'll get the 20% off or the points at the time of purchase. I know you should be able to get the points at the very least a few days after you make the order by submitting missing points.

I suppose if possible the best thing to do would not buy something that typically gets 20% off if you want to use it online, like XBL or PSN credit.

No you can't use reward certificates on Best Buy gift cards.
Bah...ok thanks maybe ill use it on one of the $19.99 Vr games ive been looking at.

if the left side bar code is

4-00055-86500-3

then your mystery offer is $5, been confirmed by a lot of people and both my bby accounts have it.  Not sure what to buy though, steam/psn/xbl credits are at least $10 and I don't really need any more of those so even saving 50% on something, if its something you weren't gonna buy doesn't really seem like a great deal.

You can use them online see post #51, logout or use incognito mode in chrome and checkout as guest

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/358981-best-buy-time-for-mystery-rewards/?p=13504822

I ended up buying some batteries and a $6 4' micro USB cable

$5 as well.

9glnw7.jpg

So wait, if you win an insane amount (anything above 5 dollars), do you have to spend it all in the store at that moment or can I bank that shit for BF?

So wait, if you win an insane amount (anything above 5 dollars), do you have to spend it all in the store at that moment or can I bank that shit for BF?
The $5-$500 has to be spent by 11/5.

It says on the coupon that 250,000 My Best Buy points go into your account when the code prints on your receipt. You have to call a toll free number by 11/11.

I got $5 as well. Thanks for posting how to figure it out. Not sure what I'll pick up. I thought about eShop credit but the Switch is coming soon and who knows how that economy will be.

By the way, this worked on a preorder. I tested it online with Pokemon Sun for in store pick up. I might cancel and redo my FFXV preorder if I can't find anything else I want.

For real though, I haven't gotten these mystery certificates ever, on 2 different accounts. One elite plus and one is normal. Best Buy can SUCK MY NUTS!

Got $5 as well, put together a few other certs I had & finally placed my PS4 PRO Pre-Order.

Really wish GCU would work on consoles.  :whistle2:

Damn I want to use this to pre-order CoD, but it seems the code can't be used online without the workaround?

I don't know if that method would have me miss the $10 certificate for pre-ordering.

Damn I want to use this to pre-order CoD, but it seems the code can't be used online without the workaround?

I don't know if that method would have me miss the $10 certificate for pre-ordering.
Dont worry once you check out you're logged into your account, it should go thru just fine.

My first Mystery Rewards cert, one day before my GCU expires! Talk about timing.

I used the (amazingly helpful) above method to try to buy Read Dead GOTY as a guest but while it took off the $5 it wouldn't apply my GCU 20% as well. I gave up and signed back into the site on the off chance I could add the certificate number manually. When I went into my cart and started the checkout process, lo and behold the $5 cert was already applied from my guest checkout! Finished the purchase, got Red Dead for $12. No fuss. Thanks CAG heroes!

My first Mystery Rewards cert, one day before my GCU expires! Talk about timing.

I used the (amazingly helpful) above method to try to buy Read Dead GOTY as a guest but while it took off the $5 it wouldn't apply my GCU 20% as well. I gave up and signed back into the site on the off chance I could add the certificate number manually. When I went into my cart and started the checkout process, lo and behold the $5 cert was already applied from my guest checkout! Finished the purchase, got Red Dead for $12. No fuss. Thanks CAG heroes!
Thanks, this worked for me as well

Unfortunately though, it is not giving me an option to add an additional cert on top of the mystery one. That's a bummer.

EDIT: Well, seems like the site isn't picking up the Cert that I just ****ing redeemed not two minutes ago. Thanks Best Buy

EDIT 2: And it seems the Member ID on the Mystery Cert email is not my actual ID. This is great.

Thanks. Ending up getting a $10 Xbox digital gift card for $5. Had to play around the site and had to log in but the promotions got saved as I checked out. Now waiting to see how long they take to email me the code.

Nothing as usual for me. I think since these mystery rewards were first posted here probably close to 10 years ago, I have gotten a $5 certificate once.

bread's done
Back