Best Buy, time for Mystery Rewards!

Register wouldn't take it on Google Play credit, so I had to use it online for Digimon: CS instead. Slightly disappointed that it didn't stack with GCU though.

Feel like an Idiot..... Spent about 30mins trying to print the coupon today as it stated in the directions that this CANNOT be scanned from your phone and must be printed.

Went to BestBuy and they simply scanned it off of my phone when the printed paper was giving them problems....... FML

They say things get worst before they get better, I need better days!

Last edited by a moderator:
If it makes you feel better I can one-up you. Yesterday I bought a bottle of tea from a convenience store, and could not for the life of me get it open. I took it back inside and asked the cashier, a girl around her early twenties, if I could exchange it. She asked to see it, and opened it with no sweat.

If it makes you feel better I can one-up you. Yesterday I bought a bottle of tea from a convenience store, and could not for the life of me get it open. I took it back inside and asked the cashier, a girl around her early twenties, if I could exchange it. She asked to see it, and opened it with no sweat.
lol..... Yeah, sometimes the easiest things it seems are the most difficult.......

peace

Trump hands!

I wonder what we gotta do be be part of the special group of 14million lol.

1st yr elite here as well, but i've never gotten a cert lol.

so I'm guessing elite plus & elites don't get them...anyone actually get them who are elite or elite plus?

we gotta do something different to be apart of the special group of 14 million! lol

My mom got 1, think it was the 1st year they did it or something like 10 yrs ago. It came in regular mail on a blue fold out with the card with the code stuck inside the mailer. Never got another in years afterward to my knowledge.

Apparently 14million is the chosen few =(

Have 2 accounts, a regular elite acct & a student acct...got nothing on both lol.
I get one every year, and I've been elite plus for several years now.

Um I think I deleted my email, for some reason I remember seeing something about mystery. I figured it was some bs sale like usual so I deleted it and I come here and see this. I'm not sure I got one but I think so, anything I can do?

Um I think I deleted my email, for some reason I remember seeing something about mystery. I figured it was some bs sale like usual so I deleted it and I come here and see this. I'm not sure I got one but I think so, anything I can do?
Check the trash folder in your email, it's probably still there. When you delete emails they usually aren't gone for good unless you delete them from the trash folder. Otherwise theyou sit in trash for a few days until your email client automatically deletes them.

You can use these online. I found out how a while ago.

Don't be logged in. Checkout as a guest. During checkout put your MyBBY member ID and from the mystery certificate use the certificate number. It should then apply the 20% GCU (if applicable) off, let you use the mystery certificate, any other certificates you might have (need to manually add them like the mystery cert). You should also earn points for the purchase since you put your member ID in during the checkout process.

They don't want you doing this as to make you go into the store. That is why these exist, to try to get you into the store to buy more then you plan on. So these work online if you work around the "mystery" part.
Thanks, used it online to preorder Finding Dory for my kids. Was planning to buy it anyways, so they saved me $5.

Couldn't figure out what to use my $5 for and then I found out that 10 Cloverfield Lane steelbook is back in stock for some reason. Instant buy.

I suppose all of you who got one of these are Elite or Elite Plus, right? As a lowly myBestBuy member, I didn't get this coupon. :-({|=

Eh 5 dollars here also. But 5 bucks is 5 bucks.

I tried logging out and checking out as a guest with my BB number and it didnt give me GCU on a game but it did apply the 5 dollar credit. So at the final order screen I just went back to bestbuy.com and logged in my account then went to my cart and the game with promo credit was still there, then it applied my GCU and I used a 10 dollar credit I already had so I got superdimension neptune sega hard girls for like 18 bucks on vita.

They scanned mine off of my phone, unless you get a real dick I don't see why they would care
For whatever reason when I print these coupons the 3rd barcode (the one they need) never prints. Happened last year and probably the year before. Woman asked if I could bring it up on my phone. I did and she scanned that. Really no hassle at all.

In fact I ended up trying to price two BluRay movies on Amazon. One was out of stock. She told me she was sorry she couldn't price match out of stock items but if it came back in stock I could get an adjustment.

I'm sure it's been discussed, but what condition are used games typically in? I thought they required trade ins to include the box, but I'm not sure. I'd hate to end up with a disc only.

I'm sure it's been discussed, but what condition are used games typically in? I thought they required trade ins to include the box, but I'm not sure. I'd hate to end up with a disc only.
My copy of Rage for 360 came yesterday. Generic black case with one disc on the spindle and two others in white paper sleeves clipped in the front where manuals would go (no manual or anything else). Discs look fine. Put in the first disc and it started to download install on my Xbox One from the Live store with no issue.

I got one, I dont want to look at my number lol, I hope I have more then $5 lol

I guess I will use it on extending my GCU which expires today I think, I can get it on a discount.

I hit Elite Plus this year, but haven't received this offer yet this year.  Looking at the date for the last 2 years it came on the 4th and 5th the last two years' respectively so I'm holding out hope that mine will show up before the weekend.

Check your emails!

You all know how it works, "up to $5,000 in mystery rewards!"

edit:

Would appear if it ends in 3 (or maybe 5003, with the 3 off to the side of the barcode) it's the $5 variety. Still, five free bucks!
When would Best Buy members receive this email? I am an Elite member and haven't gotten anything lately...

So I felt kind of obligated to spend the last of the 2 $5 codes I got today so I went to purchase a $15 Xbox card to be digitally emailed to me. I used a $10 certificated from a preorder and then my $5. 10 minutes later, it got completely cancelled and I thought I lost the $5 completely. Surprisingly, they just sent me an email letting me know my now $15 certificate is ready to be used and now I have until late in January to use it. If I could tell you guys how to replicate that I would, I did use an expired credit card though.....

You can use these online. I found out how a while ago.

Don't be logged in. Checkout as a guest. During checkout put your MyBBY member ID and from the mystery certificate use the certificate number. It should then apply the 20% GCU (if applicable) off, let you use the mystery certificate, any other certificates you might have (need to manually add them like the mystery cert). You should also earn points for the purchase since you put your member ID in during the checkout process.

They don't want you doing this as to make you go into the store. That is why these exist, to try to get you into the store to buy more then you plan on. So these work online if you work around the "mystery" part.
A big thank you for this. Usually I let these things go to waste as the nearest store to me is to far out of the way to make the trip unless I know they have something specific I'm looking for.

Thanks a million for this. I've gotten a few of these certificates before(i think they send me a $5 every birthday), and never ended up using any of them because the nearest store is a 30 minute drive from here.

I did encounter one snag when checking out: for some reason, my 20% GCU discount just wouldn't apply at checkout, even though it accepted the $5 mystery certificate. However, after entering my certificate number and seeing the $5 certificate apply, i returned to cart, then checked out the normal way (through logging in). My 20% discount worked properly then, and the $5 mystery certificate was still applied to the order. If anyone comes across the same issue, maybe this will help.
Worked for me. Thanks for mentioning it.

Is there a way to apply the certificate online? I want to apply my $5 to the Witcher 3 Complete Edition sale that's online

EDIT: NVM didn't see the above posts

A big thank you for this. Usually I let these things go to waste as the nearest store to me is to far out of the way to make the trip unless I know they have something specific I'm looking for.
This isn't working for me... It doesn't give me the option to log into my Best Buy account from the guest checkout area. It only allows me to create a new Best Buy account

Thanks for the instructions on using the code online. For some reason it didn't adjust the price after entering my mystery cert so I went back out of the transaction and logged in normally and then it showed the GCU price as well as had the cert added.

$10.99 Batman!!

Do I have do anything extra or do I just treat this like any other Best Buy points earned gift certificate?   Tried printing it out and my printer won't print it.

Do I have do anything extra or do I just treat this like any other Best Buy points earned gift certificate? Tried printing it out and my printer won't print it.
Use the method described in post #50 and you'll be able to use it online for in-store pickup or shipping at least if your printer is having issues. Almost forgot about mine and just used it towards the Infinite Warfare Legacy edition.

bread's done
Back