Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NLW1999']

Has anyone else had luck with a game value lower than $5?[/QUOTE]

i am going to give it a whirl tomorrow.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Here's hoping that 50% for battlefield and batman actually happens.[/QUOTE]
It will. I should be able to confirm it tomorrow night.

Not sure if all blockbusters are priced the same, but i picked up 2 ps3 copies of guitar hero metallica for $5 and tiv is $5.

wait a week, go in and say you forgot and you will just take the $5 back. this is better than canceling preorders. the problem is when you have to do this 4x. lol thanx nba2k12x2 and ragex2.

:whee: They credited me $9.50 off a purchase tonight @ BB to make up for the missing credit from my trade-in the other day when they didn't account for the RAGE pre-order 50% or the GCU 10%.

I snagged :ps3:Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY(red case GH) and :ps3: Mass Effect 2 for $32 n change out the door, all paid for with game trade credit.;)

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Don't need a UPC. Scanner wasn't working and had to manually enter the UPC, but I still got the $20 bonus.[/QUOTE]

hmmm just returned home from trading 5 batches of four.
One game's UPC was not recognized by the system and required manual entry.
$20 bonus would not come up no matter how many different ways it was tried... 30 minutes later, GM authorized a $20 GC.
Another 1hr+ trade in experience...so patience might be needed...be a

[quote name='donut']hmmm just returned home from trading 5 batches of four.
One game's UPC was not recognized by the system and required manual entry.
$20 bonus would not come up no matter how many different ways it was tried... 30 minutes later, GM authorized a $20 GC.
Another 1hr+ trade in experience...so patience might be needed...be a[/QUOTE]

Hmm, how did the GM authorize a $20 GC? Is there a receipt for that? I just want to know because if this happens to me, I can be very specific in what to ask for.

[quote name='chuckywang']Hmm, how did the GM authorize a $20 GC? Is there a receipt for that? I just want to know because if this happens to me, I can be very specific in what to ask for.[/QUOTE]

Well he's the General Manager...
He can do whatever he so chooses to do.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Well he's the General Manager...
He can do whatever he so chooses to do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm just wondering the verbiage to use so that he knows what I'm talking about. Something like "customer satisfaction gift card" or "ring up a gift card and penny it out" or something like that.

For all you LAGs or CLAGs, some GS => BB credit transfer opportunities. Not really great for making anything extra, just transferring credit. Listed GS prices are USED prices, for the most part. Only slightly profitable after GS PUR and BB $20/4 games promo.

:ds: You Don't Know Jack $15 GS => $10 BB
:ds: Vampire Moon: Mystery Of The Hidden Sun $9 GS => $5 BB

:ds: $10 GS => $6 BB
Back at the Barnyard: Slop Bucket Games
Cosmos Chaos
Fighting Fantasy
:)wii: only) Survivor

:ds: $13 GS => $8 BB
Dawn of Heroes
Grease
Junior Brain Trainer 2
Puzzle Expedition

:ds: $10 GS => $5 BB
Baby Life
Battle of Giants: Mutant Insects
+:wii: Casper Scare School: Spooky Sports Day
Casual Mania
Crosswords
Dementium: The Ward
Dreamer: Shop Owner
Foto Frenzy
+:wii: Gummy Bears Mini Golf
History Great Empires: Rome
Jam Sessions 2
Jambo! Safari: Animal Rescue
Jewel Master: Egypt
Luxor: Pharaoh's Challenge
My World, My Way
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
Secret Files: Tunguska
Silly Bandz
Smart Girls Magical Book Club
The Cheetah Girls: Passport to Stardom
The Daring Game for Girls
USA Today Puzzle Craze

Good luck finding them shitz!:booty:That's all for now...:cool:

[quote name='NLW1999']I did 3 trade ins today and one of the games (Enchanted Arms PS3) only had a $3 TIV. It adjusted the other games to reflect the $20 promo credit.

Enchanted Arms $3
Promotional Value $1.33
RZGCU $.30
Value/Card 4.63

The other games looked like this

Pilotwings Resort (2x)
Value $15
Promo Value $6.67 ($13.34 for both)
RZGCU $1.50
Value/Card $23.17 (46.34 for both)

Dead Rising 3 $12
Promo Value $5.33
RZGCU $1.20
Value/Card $18.53

Cart Total
Quoted Cart $45
Promo Value $20
RZGCU $4.50
Total Value $69.50

Has anyone else had luck with a game value lower than $5?[/QUOTE]

Didn't one version of the promo qualifications say $2 or more?

I just traded in three groups of 4. Had no problem. Spent $70 on games at Gamestop and walked out with $120 in BB gift cards.

Also, just to let you guys know, the 10% from being an Unlocked member stacks, so I got an extra $0.50 on each game. Not much, but it helps.

I hit up two Gamestops today, and managed to find about ~16 games I could flip, and turn about $60 into $115 or so. Thing was, is every.single.copy at GS was disc only and scratched to hell.

I'm already enough of a nuisance at my BB, and the guys working there are pretty cool to me, so I don't wanna push my luck with that crap.

I might take another look at a different GS later this week, but we'll see. Darn my niceness.;p

Please stop with the PMs for flips; but for those willing to do a little leg work, there are some okay flips from Blockbuster -> BB if you keep your eyes open. ;)

Also, I know it's been mentioned before, but just to confirm: Missing a UPC on a game does, indeed, prevent the 4/$20 deal from working. Silly, I know. But something to consider if you have less-than-bright BB employees.

[quote name='mattcube64']I'm already enough of a nuisance at my BB, and the guys working there are pretty cool to me, so I don't wanna push my luck with that crap.

I might take another look at a different GS later this week, but we'll see. Darn my niceness.;p

Also, I know it's been mentioned before, but just to confirm: Missing a UPC on a game does, indeed, prevent the 4/$20 deal from working. Silly, I know. But something to consider if you have less-than-bright BB employees.[/QUOTE]

That's called being prudent.

I traded 4 tonight, 3 with UPCs and 1 cart only. The promo worked automatically. This was half an hour before closing so maybe they fixed it. Ico coupon wasn't fixed though.

[quote name='mattcube64']I hit up two Gamestops today, and managed to find about ~16 games I could flip, and turn about $60 into $115 or so. Thing was, is every.single.copy at GS was disc only and scratched to hell.

I'm already enough of a nuisance at my BB, and the guys working there are pretty cool to me, so I don't wanna push my luck with that crap.

Please stop with the PMs for flips; but for those willing to do a little leg work, there are some okay flips from Blockbuster -> BB if you keep your eyes open. ;)

Also, I know it's been mentioned before, but just to confirm: Missing a UPC on a game does, indeed, prevent the 4/$20 deal from working. Silly, I know. But something to consider if you have less-than-bright BB employees.[/QUOTE]
I feel the same way.

My store goes above and beyond what i could ask for. They'll price match GC's for me and they view the 3per policy as a 3/transaction type thing.

I'm pretty sure ANYONE who works in the store knows what i do and knows that im doing it for profit.

The managers think it's really cool and always encourage what im doing, the guys working in the gaming dept are always helpful and have no problems with me having 10 different games and 3x of each.

It's the reason I feel so uncomfortable just buying a brand new game from them and immediately trading it in. :bouncy:

NOW THE ANAHEIM STORE?
fuck THAT PLACE. :twoguns:

[quote name='joshnorm']Telling paypal that they didn't receive the item. They will normally side with the buyer and give them back the money. Which then gets taken out of your account.

Its a dick move but it can happen (and has to people)[/QUOTE]

Hard for them to do this if you email the code. You have a timestamped record of the email and its contents. If they said the code didn't work, it would be VERY easy to track whether the code had been redeemed through microsoft or sony. I suspect if you had to, you could find out through microsoft or sony what account redeemed the code.

[quote name='soonerdoc']Hard for them to do this if you email the code. You have a timestamped record of the email and its contents. If they said the code didn't work, it would be VERY easy to track whether the code had been redeemed through microsoft or sony. I suspect if you had to, you could find out through microsoft or sony what account redeemed the code.[/QUOTE]

Legal reasons. No you can't.

[quote name='Toss']That's called being prudent.

I traded 4 tonight, 3 with UPCs and 1 cart only. The promo worked automatically. This was half an hour before closing so maybe they fixed it. Ico coupon wasn't fixed though.[/QUOTE]

Hmm; then I stand corrected, and I apologize for the confusion. I found out it wasn't the case around 2pm, so yeah, maybe they fixed the problem later in the day.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']I feel the same way.

My store goes above and beyond what i could ask for. They'll price match GC's for me and they view the 3per policy as a 3/transaction type thing.

I'm pretty sure ANYONE who works in the store knows what i do and knows that im doing it for profit.

The managers think it's really cool and always encourage what im doing, the guys working in the gaming dept are always helpful and have no problems with me having 10 different games and 3x of each.

It's the reason I feel so uncomfortable just buying a brand new game from them and immediately trading it in. :bouncy:

NOW THE ANAHEIM STORE?
fuck THAT PLACE. :twoguns:
[/QUOTE]

Lol, agreed. Though, I typically "play the game" with them. I'm sure the employees know what I'm doing, but I always give them an excuse like "yeah... uh... that's my sister's copy in addition to mine." Not trying to "lie" to them, rather I'm trying to let them let me get away without feeling guilty. Either way, they're a pretty cool bunch. Not always 100% on top of things, but always willing to work with me if I explain something, which is all I ask.

[quote name='jrod69']gimme some best buy to gs flips and ill share lol[/QUOTE]

Just asked a simple question, really don't feel like playing a game.

[quote name='seanr1221']So Wii games count for the trade 4?

Any good flips people can share from GS before I go searching?[/QUOTE]

I think phantomphoenix posted some of the best ones.

People are being pretty stingy in this thread with posting flips. I understand why, the wrong person from best buy sees it and poof go the flips.

Most of them are very slim margins though. No real goldmines in the Wii garbage piles.

I think that Trackmania Wii would probably be pretty good but very few stores have it used.

[quote name='jer7583']I think phantomphoenix posted some of the best ones.

People are being pretty stingy in this thread with posting flips. I understand why, the wrong person from best buy sees it and poof go the flips.

Most of them are very slim margins though. No real goldmines in the Wii garbage piles.

I think that Trackmania Wii would probably be pretty good but very few stores have it used.[/QUOTE]
Inflation is key. The more copies they receive of a specific game the greater the likelihood the TIV tanks. Why would I increase the chance of that happening? If you know what you're a doing, I have no problem sharing them with you (referring to Velo, DerClaw, and a couple others) but if I know you have no clue what your doing have no intention of Learning how to do things right( which I'm pretty sure we've mentioned the specifics of before in the old thread) and continuously send me messages saying "OMG $1K!!1 WHAT R U FLIPPING" I won't tell you anything.

[quote name='jer7583']I think phantomphoenix posted some of the best ones.

I think that Trackmania Wii would probably be pretty good but very few stores have it used.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, doesn't sound worth the gas/time then, as none of my GS even have that game.

Ok I searched through all the $8.99 and under Wii games to find some decent flips... here's what I could find.

All wii games; first number is the Gamestop price, second is its BB TIV:
Army Rescue $4.99 > $5
Water Sports $6.99 > $5
Sled Shred $6.99 > $5
Domino Rally $6.99 > $5
The Bigs $6.99 > $5
Satisfashion $6.99 > $5
Sushi Go Round $6.99 > $6
Triple Crown Snowboarding $6.99 > $5
Dragon Quest Swords $7.99 > $5
Battalion Wars 2 $7.99 > $5
Chuck E. Cheese Sports Games $7.99 > $7
Secret Files: Tunguska $8.99 > $6

All of these turn at least some profit with the 4/$20 deal... some better than others, obviously. Also it gets even better if you're a PUR member and get the extra 10% off.

I only managed to find four of those titles at any of my local stores, I hope others have more luck!

Was able to use the 4 + 20 deal yesterday. Great deal!
Was finally able to trade in Uncharted 2 and get the Uncharted Dual pack for a pretty small increase.

[quote name='Luuc']Ok I searched through all the $8.99 and under Wii games to find some decent flips... here's what I could find.

Army Rescue $4.99 > $5
Water Sports $6.99 > $5
Sled Shred $6.99 > $5
Domino Rally $6.99 > $5
The Bigs $6.99 > $5
Satisfashion $6.99 > $5

All of these turn at least some profit with the 4/$20 deal... some better than others, obviously. Also it gets even better if you're a PUR member and get the extra 10% off.

I only managed to find four of those titles at any of my local stores, I hope others have more luck![/QUOTE]

thank you sir. I'm just gonna post all the flips I come across. fuck these secretive flippers acting like it's a state secret.

anyway, in a pinch, if you NEED a 4th game, you can flip Rock Band 3 DS at BB back to BB for no profit.

speaking about Secret Files Tunguska, has anyone played it? There was a bug in the DS version that caused me not to be able to finish it near the end (vault). Is that in the Wii version as well? Might have to play through before turning that one in.

[quote name='Luuc']Ok I searched through all the $8.99 and under Wii games to find some decent flips... here's what I could find.

Army Rescue $4.99 > $5
Water Sports $6.99 > $5
Sled Shred $6.99 > $5
Domino Rally $6.99 > $5
The Bigs $6.99 > $5
Satisfashion $6.99 > $5

I only managed to find four of those titles at any of my local stores, I hope others have more luck![/QUOTE]

[quote name='bgame2']Luuc should applauded for his efforts.[/QUOTE]

done and done

:applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='lordopus99']There is really a Chuck E Cheese SPORTS title... :lol:[/QUOTE]

lol, i had to look at that one twice to make sure i was reading it right:lol:

They'll publish anything on the Wii. There really isn't anything all that great flip wise from GS this week, all it takes to find that out is going through their games that are around $5-$6 and checking their trade in values on BB. The 4/$20 deal just isn't as prime for profit as some of the other promos. I'm viewing it as a good way to possibly just move some of the games out of my personal collection.

Half Price Books is having a gigantic clearance sale at state fair park in the Twin Cities this weekend, may turn out to be a gold mine once the 50% BF3 pre-order bonus is confirmed.

Oh, and for people with light scratches, or even severely scratched disc, this little technique works wonders for getting rid of some scratches. I've only ever done it on PS2 games so I can't speak on any others, but if it worked on one DVD disc I imagine it'll work on others. That said, don't overdue it since the technique takes away a layer of plastic and you've been warned that you might go too far and make the disc unreadable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nSEkjvbQVA

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']If you can get the $10 off coupon to work for Ico/Shadow of the Colossus you can get it for $15. According to the website you could then turn around and trade back to them for $20.

The same with GoW:OC. You could buy it for $15 and trade it in for $21. I just thought it was interesting...

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?platform=PS3&upc=711719825920

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?platform=PS3&upc=711719828921[/QUOTE]

This is true, but the coupon is turning into such a cluster fuck that it probably isn't worth the amount of Tylenol you'll end up taking to get rid of the headache you got from making $5.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']If you can get the $10 off coupon to work for Ico/Shadow of the Colossus you can get it for $15. According to the website you could then turn around and trade back to them for $20.

The same with GoW:OC. You could buy it for $15 and trade it in for $21. I just thought it was interesting...

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?platform=PS3&upc=711719825920

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?platform=PS3&upc=711719828921[/QUOTE]
Now if they let you buy 3.. :lol:

Thanks Luuc, just got a $50 GS giftcard I'd love to move to BB->Amazon credit. Appreciate the time you took to look up the values.

remember, if you do not have a game case and just a disc to trade in just ask them to find an unopened game to scan. this is what my helpful trade-in guy did for me with MW2. sometimes letting them fail once makes them more helpful ;)
thanks, Luuc, for posting those values.
I might stop by BB today just to see if it is $2+ for the 4 for $20.
If they had 50% bonus for mw3 I might just preorder it as BB :)

Army Rescue $4.99 > $5
Water Sports $6.99 > $5
Sled Shred $6.99 > $5
Domino Rally $6.99 > $5
The Bigs $6.99 > $5
Satisfashion $6.99 > $5

Thanks! Many of the same Wii games I posted in post # 557.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Inflation is key. The more copies they receive of a specific game the greater the likelihood the TIV tanks. Why would I increase the chance of that happening? If you know what you're a doing, I have no problem sharing them with you (referring to Velo, DerClaw, and a couple others) but if I know you have no clue what your doing have no intention of Learning how to do things right( which I'm pretty sure we've mentioned the specifics of before in the old thread) and continuously send me messages saying "OMG $1K!!1 WHAT R U FLIPPING" I won't tell you anything. [/QUOTE]

Here's my problem with this statement. The purpose of this web site is information sharing. You and everyone else on CAG rely on others posting deals. When a person posts a deal on CAG, it may mean that more people buy that game and therefore is goes out of stock before everyone can get in on it. I don't see any difference with "flips". You have no problem using other people's research with regard to the latest sales, pricing mistakes or weekly ads. But all of a sudden your time and research is your own and too valuable to share. What if everyone posting a deal thought the same as you? This web site would dry up very quiickly!

[quote name='cheapfrag']Thanks! Many of the same Wii games I posted in post # 557.

Here's my problem with this statement. The purpose of this web site is information sharing. You and everyone else on CAG rely on others posting deals. When a person posts a deal on CAG, it may mean that more people buy that game and therefore is goes out of stock before everyone can get in on it. I don't see any difference with "flips". You have no problem using other people's research with regard to the latest sales, pricing mistakes or weekly ads. But all of a sudden your time and research is your own and too valuable to share. What if everyone posting a deal thought the same as you? This web site would dry up very quiickly![/QUOTE]

I just post my flips AFTER I get what I want. No reason for me to do all the work if I don't get first dibs. After that I am more than happy to share them.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I just post my flips AFTER I get what I want. No reason for me to do all the work if I don't get first dibs. After that I am more than happy to share them.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone would begrudge you that.

It's the people who never post shit because they are greedy bastards who want to keep everything for themselves that bug people.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Thanks! Many of the same Wii games I posted in post # 557.

Here's my problem with this statement. The purpose of this web site is information sharing. You and everyone else on CAG rely on others posting deals. When a person posts a deal on CAG, it may mean that more people buy that game and therefore is goes out of stock before everyone can get in on it. I don't see any difference with "flips". You have no problem using other people's research with regard to the latest sales, pricing mistakes or weekly ads. But all of a sudden your time and research is your own and too valuable to share. What if everyone posting a deal thought the same as you? This web site would dry up very quiickly![/QUOTE]
Valid point, but I agree with Dude. People post deals and overtime a member learn to check for themselves at places like Amazon lightning deal, Target clearance section, etc. That way, we have a lot of people out there looking for deals in case one of us missed it. But there are people that will never contribute in deals, just sit back and wait for someone to post deals and then obnoxiously buy every copies. How would you feel about that? I think that is what he was referring to. People who just sit and wait for others to post TIV and exactly what to buy.

If people need help finding games to trade in for this $20 extra promo, here's how I do it. Go to a site (usually selling used games), search games by system, then sort it by price (low to high). You know it's good for games with TIV $5-8, then obviously you don't want to spend more than $8. Then you can look through the sorted list and have BB trade in quote estimator site open. Copy and paste title till you see one that's selling for under $8, and have a TIV $5-8.

I'm sure others have better ways of finding games to trade but that's how I'd help, instead of giving you a list of what I'm trading in.

bread's done
Back