Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
in the morning i got a promo from amazon
kinectimals + 2 starwars force unleashed 1 xbox 1 ps3
buy 3 get cheapest game free $51 total
and now is gone

[quote name='lumpenon']in the morning i got a promo from amazon
kinectimals + 2 starwars force unleashed 1 xbox 1 ps3
buy 3 get cheapest game free $51 total
and now is gone[/QUOTE]
WHAT?:hot:

yeah I'd be all over this deal buy 2 get 1 free from gamestop NV assuming the TIV still holds trade in 3 copies of new vegas!

Does anyone know if the trade-in limit of 3 applies to a specific game across all platforms or to a specific game on a single system? In other words, can you trade 3 copies of the same game on PS3 and then 3 of that same game on Xbox 360?

[quote name='onyzukae']hahaha.. = l[/QUOTE]

i'm just kidding. in all seriousness though, the policy is 3 games per title per platform.

I never traded into BB before this is a good way as I have gamestop credit. What if you trade in on different accounts on same household?

[quote name='jacknicklson']Do they take sealed games?[/QUOTE]

I've sent in sealed ones before (as well as to amazon) and received redit with no problem. I wouldn't take in sealed ones to a store though....they might deny it like gamestop does.

man im tempted to do this but with gamestop buy 2 get 1 this at the end of this week maybe ill pass and give them my credit

[quote name='airjumpman']Does anyone know if the trade-in limit of 3 applies to a specific game across all platforms or to a specific game on a single system? In other words, can you trade 3 copies of the same game on PS3 and then 3 of that same game on Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

The 3 game limit is per system, so you can trade in 3 copies of a PS3 version and 3 copies of the Xbox 360 version of a game. I have personally done this with Shaun White Skateboarding a couple of months ago.

[quote name='Donut2922']i'm just kidding. in all seriousness though, the policy is 3 games per title per platform.[/QUOTE]

so... 3 of ps3 fallout NV and 3 of xbox360 fallout NV it is working same time..am i rite? 97 to 150 :lol:

Am I missing something here? Most of those games are way more than 25 trade in. Killzone 3 is 32, dragon age 2 is 38 and bulletstorm is 32. All are way higher than 25, doesn't seem like such a good deal that way.

Went to worst buy last night and they let me trade in 4 copies of fallout nv for 360...gonna hold out until tomorrow to hit them up again for more credit.

[quote name='dmdragon']Am I missing something here? Most of those games are way more than 25 trade in. Killzone 3 is 32, dragon age 2 is 38 and bulletstorm is 32. All are way higher than 25, doesn't seem like such a good deal that way.[/QUOTE]

you get a gift card with a value of AT LEAST $50

[quote name='skulls dont fade']you get a gift card with a value of AT LEAST $50[/QUOTE]

But that's kind of useless when everything combined with each other will get you one for MORE than that.

[quote name='dmdragon']But that's kind of useless when everything combined with each other will get you one for MORE than that.[/QUOTE]

AT LEAST means that is the minimum amount of money you will get.....you will get more if your credit is valued as such :lol:

It seems less of a "deal" and more of a "Get them in here thinking they will get 25 each for them and then blow their minds with our damn good trade in values"

So yes, I know what "at least" means, just isn't really a deal is what I'm saying lol

the BestBuy ,,r they normally check ID and check finger print??????? for game trade- in?? wtf?? i have 3 of each fallout nv ps3,xbox360
i will check today and let u guys know..

[quote name='onyzukae']so... 3 of ps3 fallout NV and 3 of xbox360 fallout NV it is working same time..am i rite? 97 to 150 :lol:[/QUOTE]

i didn't check the math but yes you could trade those in. but be smart about it because any random associate can see all 6 games and wonder what is up. a store can deny you flat out so i'd be more discreet about it by spreading out the trade ins.

[quote name='Donut2922']i didn't check the math but yes you could trade those in. but be smart about it because any random associate can see all 6 games and wonder what is up. a store can deny you flat out so i'd be more discreet about it by spreading out the trade ins.[/QUOTE]

yes! same time!! maxium 3 cofy of ps3 same titel, also xbox360 in a year.

but.........store is SUX.. they still dont know about tradein system.

not working. YESTERDAY they check my fingerprint wtf.....

the computer doent work. so i have to go today another BB.

damn..my gas.. california now so high.

[quote name='unc13 buck']I traded 4 copies in last night no problem, they were all wondering how much I was making on them though.[/QUOTE]
first time.. when u try to trade-in games.. r they check ur fingerprint??

The two times Ive traded into Best Buy they just check drivers lincense. My fingerprints havent been checked.

[quote name='Abeja']The two times Ive traded into Best Buy they just check drivers lincense. My fingerprints havent been checked.[/QUOTE]

shit,,.. then why me!!!!!

i was take 3of each system fallout NV ..so 6 copy of fallout nv ..
thats why . . . ? z...

[quote name='onyzukae']shit,,.. then why me!!!!!

i was take 3of each system fallout NV ..so 6 copy of fallout nv ..
thats why . . . ? z...[/QUOTE]

Please, use English when posting.

[quote name='eastx']Please, use English when posting.[/QUOTE]

Judging from his other posts, I am going to assume he is trying his best.

There are some location that requires a fingerprint. One time, I went to different best buy, and I shocked too that they requires fingerprint. They said eventually all best buy will have the fingerprint machine for trade ins.

I've got a simple question. Everyone here is talking about buying multiple copies of New Vegas at GameStop and flipping them here at Best Buy. Here's my question...is everyone referring to the new copy that is on sale for $19.99, or the pre-owned copy that you can get for $17.99. If you get $50 from Best Buy either way, it wouldn't make sense to buy new from GS.

[quote name='Nazgul11']I've got a simple question. Everyone here is talking about buying multiple copies of New Vegas at GameStop and flipping them here at Best Buy. Here's my question...is everyone referring to the new copy that is on sale for $19.99, or the pre-owned copy that you can get for $17.99. If you get $50 from Best Buy either way, it wouldn't make sense to buy new from GS.[/QUOTE]

preowned. the b2g1 sale at GS starts tomorrow that's why.

[quote name='Donut2922']preowned. the b2g1 sale at GS starts tomorrow that's why.[/QUOTE]
Yes but isn't that only for paid PowerUp Rewards members?

I forsee a shortage of FO NV tomorrow at GS. And an overabundance and subsequent TIV drop for FO NV at BB. I might have to buy today just to return/rebuy tomorrow... its like everyone knows about this flip now.

Eugh. Better get my copy of F:NV tonight before people start hoarding. I actually want to play the game, at this price point. :whistle2:|

As for my previous posts about my shipping issues... the package is being tracked and is moving through the mail no problem. Thanks for the info to those who replied, though.

Medal of Honor's TIV is the highest here, by far (except maybe amazon).

[quote name='Nazgul11']Yes but isn't that only for paid PowerUp Rewards members?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Non-members start the promo on Friday.

Just found out only 2 of my bestbuy accept trade ins, which are out of town with gas being this say I'm gonna pass up on this. I thought all bestbuy would take trade in's by now.

The one here 2 miles away has used games for sale but doesn't take trade ins...

For those whose BB's say you need a receipt: print out the website page that says you can trade to stores even if you didn't buy at BB. Then show the printout to them.

I traded 6 NV, 3 ps3 and 3 xbox and medal of honor. Total giftcard I received $175! When I was at best buy I saw their brand new Fallout NV for $30! I wonder if the tiv will stay the same tomorrow when a lot of people trading their NV.

did some trade-ins and my local BB required fingerprinting. it was actually nicer though because I didn't have to bother with a dang receipt. Seemed a little faster which says a lot since most trade-ins take 20 minutes while this time it took maybe 10 minutes.

I traded 12 fallout NV, 6 and 6. me and my........................

gf.........................
sorry tiff .....

traded 3 copies of Fallout NV I picked up at the Stop(had a B2G1 coupon from my PUR, afraid they'd run out of New Vegas), plus an old copy of Super Mario Galaxy (thanks for the memories, Mario!) Turned it into a quick $100. Bought two $50 Amazon GCs from the kindle section. Why? Because fuck Best Buy, that's why.

What are the chances of a Best Buy carrying Kindle Gift cards? High? I know they sell Kindles, but does that mean they would have Kindle Gift Cards?

I want to trade in some games, but I'd rather have Amazon Credit(by going to BB) then GS credit.

Traded in a few fallout NV's and with m,y other stuff got the fender strat. Very excited

The GS I went to didn't have 3 copies of F:NV so he called another and they told him they wouldn't hold 3 for me because "People are buying them on the b2g1 and trading them in to best buy for 25 each, so we only let people buy one".

I told the guy at the GS i was at "Why is it their business what someone does with the games after they leave the store?"

He said "No doubt, sounds like that employee is just being a douche, I will call the store that my gm is working at and get them to hold 3" He did so and they held 3 for me

Gamestop is getting horrible.

I traded in fallout nv and sonic on sunday and fallout only rang up for 12 so they had to manually give me another gift card. also yes bestbuy got kindle gift cards in just recently

[quote name='Donut2922']Yeah. Non-members start the promo on Friday.[/QUOTE]
Ahh I see that now. Makes more sense. Thanks for the info! :)

[quote name='dmdragon']Traded in a few fallout NV's and with m,y other stuff got the fender strat. Very excited

The GS I went to didn't have 3 copies of F:NV so he called another and they told him they wouldn't hold 3 for me because "People are buying them on the b2g1 and trading them in to best buy for 25 each, so we only let people buy one".

I told the guy at the GS i was at "Why is it their business what someone does with the games after they leave the store?"

He said "No doubt, sounds like that employee is just being a douche, I will call the store that my gm is working at and get them to hold 3" He did so and they held 3 for me

Gamestop is getting horrible.[/QUOTE]

Well your right on. What does Gamestop care once the game leaves the store. Makes me wonder about the power sale take the plastic off no return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back