Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jimrome27']do they sell $25 kindle gift cards?[/QUOTE]
Yes they do, i just picked up 10 of them at my local BB as they did not have any others.

Not sure if this has been asked, but does it have to be at least two games, or can you get $25 for just one ? I only have one game I can trade...

[quote name='BABETOOTH']Not sure if this has been asked, but does it have to be at least two games, or can you get $25 for just one ? I only have one game I can trade...[/QUOTE]

You can trade one.

[quote name='Trance Addix']You can trade one.[/QUOTE]

I just did and got $25 for Medal of Honor (360). No questions asked except the cashier asked me for my weight after checking my ID. I laughed and was like "for real" so I asked " can't be overweight to qualify ?" She laughed. Any how I don't understand how they'll make money on that game. New it is $30, oh wait used is $35 Hmm. Any way hurry up if you need to trade this game or others. Names are dropping off the list quickly...

[quote name='Velo214']Enuf - we need pix to prove it.[/QUOTE]

Pics of my girl on a public forum yeah? I'm not getting stabbed ova CAG, Fallout NV BB trade 2 thread. I already beat the odds 30 yr old black man in a city w/a high murder rate(North Philly). She may not be a CAG but that don't mean 1 of her brothers or male cousins aren't & I ain't tryin to find out that way. $hit it would only take 1 person who knows her. Plus, I'd have to "personalized" it which would also take away the "it wasn't me" excuse. You must not have read the article where the wife busts the husband w/a 3DS...chicks get Bruce Wayne detective skills on $hit like this.

feel to post pics of your girl though
Link:http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/85367/nintendo-3ds-thwarts-a-cheating-husband/

[quote name='dino88']Is that you, Fire_Thief?[/QUOTE]

No enuf, my BB forums is enuf, my blackplanet is enuf not enuf and the date 41211 none of that $hit. I don't twitter/myspace/facebook none of that $hit either. If you got beef wit him keep day $hit to yourself.

Velo214
this is another reason why it would be stupid for me post pics everything can easily be traced back to me with a simple google search.

[quote name='Enuf']No enuf, my BB forums is enuf, my blackplanet is enuf not enuf and the date 41211 none of that $hit. I don't twitter/myspace/facebook none of that $hit either. If you got beef wit him keep day $hit to yourself.
[/QUOTE]

can someone translate?

[quote name='confoosious']can someone translate?[/QUOTE]
I'll try.
No! Enough! My Best Buy forum name is enough (proof). My Blackplanet (apparently a discussion site exclusively for black people) is (more than) enough! The date is April 12th, 2011. [I don't need] any of that dollar sign- hit (Seems to be a censored version of the word shit). I don't use the following social networking sites: Twiiter, Myspace, and Facebook. [I don't use] any of that shit either. If you've got issues (Aka: Meat) with him keep that shit to yourself [for another day].

[quote name='confoosious']can someone translate?[/QUOTE]

All my names are "enuf". Some people think they fool people by putting their name and a # since today's date is 4/12/11 enuf41211.

i think i kind of understand. i guess he is cheating on his gf with another grrl he was talking about. so posting pix would get him killed? idk
also my grrl posts on here and has pix all over cag, so yeah.

also having to do with bbtiv, finally they are gonna take ea active sports 2 disk only, so i can get rid of an extra disk for $8. woot

[quote name='Velo214']i think i kind of understand. i guess he is cheating on his gf with another grrl he was talking about. so posting pix would get him killed? idk
also my grrl posts on here and has pix all over cag, so yeah.[/QUOTE]

No not cheating just smart enuf to realize an amateur mistake like this leading to an argument where she says "if you'll post pics to complete strangers what will you show your friends" and/or tries to get "even". This would be a stupid move that I wouldn't make even back when I was a teenager.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Just receive my force unleash 2 from amazon. Think I can reuse the amazon folding box to send it to best buy without issue?[/QUOTE]

Well if you're mailing it in you'll need to put the trade confirmation printout in the box. It doesn't matter if the outside of the box says Amazon or whatever, but cover/rip up other labels so there aren't any shipping complications.

Mafia 2 trades in for $15. Yay get my money back.

Update: the GH version I have with the DLC is not the same UPC as the original. My BB rejected my trade-in :(

lots of tivs went down. Im glad I have Homefront locked in at 38 and Medal of Honor locked in at 25. Homefront is now 17, and Medal of Honor is 11, ouch.

I just have a lil more work on expert of war(all challenges completed, 300 wins, 200 kills and 10killstreak with every weapon) and then i will have homefront plat.

I just need a lil more time going through Tier1 (superhard no checkpoints) then I will have MoH plat. but i haven't even touched MoH frontlines, but oh well.

oh n de Blob2 dropped from 30 to 25 but that was a few days ago, i still have 2 weeks to finish that up.

[quote name='Velo214']i think i kind of understand. i guess he is cheating on his gf with another grrl he was talking about. so posting pix would get him killed? idk
also my grrl posts on here and has non g-rated pix all over cag, so yeah.

also having to do with bbtiv, finally they are gonna take ea active sports 2 disk only, so i can get rid of an extra disk for $8. woot[/QUOTE]

fixed

For those buying Socom 4, you get KZ3 & LBP2 for $20 ea & GT5 $30...all 3 have $30 TIV @ BB. So even if you didn't want them buy it earn the RZ+ Gamers club points, trade it in for the BB gc & if you don't want the giftcard get amazon credit.

Sucks that they only take $30 off 1 game otherwise I'd buy all 3 for $70 just to pad my RZ & get me closer to locking in RZ silver for 2013.

guess its time to find more top spin 4. GS has it used for $17.99 so with power up its 16 and some change. almost a 2:1 flip. problem is only 2 GS in the area have it used.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']guess its time to find more top spin 4. GS has it used for $17.99 so with power up its 16 and some change. almost a 2:1 flip. problem is only 2 GS in the area have it used.[/QUOTE]

I am guessing a CAG in my area has already made a run and cleared all of them out.

[quote name='aznhero913']I knew I shoulda traded in MOH when I had a chance at $25......

hopefully it comes back on the list.[/QUOTE]

29.99 in store so i wouldnt get my hopes up. you can probably get 20 for it on the craigs list though.

[quote name='aznhero913']I knew I shoulda traded in MOH when I had a chance at $25......

hopefully it comes back on the list.[/QUOTE]

good thing I locked in!

has anyone traded in a game in a regular dvd case instead of the xbox 360 green cases?

steve nash? huh non g rated pix? whatcha talkn bout... i dont think i got bad pix on here.

woot they upped a few games tiv again. de blob dropped again tho, thats 30 to 25 now 16, luckily i got it locked in at 30 so i just gotta get it done.

i already had a few dead rising 2, so im glad i didnt tiv for 25, now it's 30. woot
i just gotta get the beat all the chapters in co-op with my grrl n then i can trade it in. its a great game tho, so i might just keep a copy for myself...

[quote name='hawaiiboy']guess its time to find more top spin 4. GS has it used for $17.99 so with power up its 16 and some change. almost a 2:1 flip. problem is only 2 GS in the area have it used.[/QUOTE]

Top Spin 4 is under $18 at GS? PS3 or 360? :bouncy:

[quote name='Rodster']Top Spin 4 is under $18 at GS? PS3 or 360? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Check online. All three platforms are 17.99

doh, and now i see tron dropped from 25 to 11. so i gotta rush through that now too.
and doh halo reach went up $5 from 25 to 30, n i just traded 3 of those in a week ago. oh wellz ;)

Where are you guys getting all those copies of certain games and still making a profit out of em? Nothing I could find at GS was a worthy flip except top spin 4 but none in my area.

lol gamestop is horrible. how bout u try gamefly free shipping sales. they had halo reach and dead rising 2 for less than 20 a week ago. they had moh for 13. or gohastings.com you can get lots of those games like bakugan / bowling etc cheap. or try AWD where you can get de blob and medal of honor and tron for less than bbtiv. woot

amazons values are starting to match I see. Flat $30's for a lot of games on that list. The one I'm interested in seeing is hot pursuit x360.

[quote name='Stimes']Top Spin 4 is not on the list any more. Guess I'll be sending it to Amazon[/QUOTE]

That's weird. Just checked the online estimator and it's still trading @ $30.

[quote name='bh47']That's weird. Just checked the online estimator and it's still trading @ $30.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I didn't try that, thanks. Will they give me $30 for it or do I have to trade 2 games?

Sorry if this has been answered but can u trade in one game and get $30?

For instance I have Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for PS3 and the trade in estimator says $30, would this be true in store too? Never traded there before.

Okay, couple of quick questions. I've searched for the answer but it doesn't come up with anything. I'm sure that these have been asked many times, so please bear with me.

1. How many copies of each game can you trade-in at Best Buy?
3. How many games can you trade-in at a time?
3. Do you need instruction manual, case, and cover?
4. How often can you trade-in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back