Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the in-store preorder bonus DLC process still the same to get it on your receipt? Does the employee have to hit the 'suggested sale' button (F10)?

Alot of horror stories though all seem to do with preorder in store. Unless you don't have the funds to pay right away I'd suggest always buying online.

DLC code is nothing special anyway. Golden guns suck and golden key I got junk in chest. Not worth flipping out to CS if you didn't get it. Awesome game though.

[quote name='cancerman1120']^This. Your life won't end and planning on complaining to get RZ certs is just childish. BBY should get it right but behaving like a 2 year old when things don't work says a lot about who you are as a person.[/QUOTE]

I could care less, I'll act like a child towards BB CS any time, any day for as long as they keep messing up my transactions, I'll gladly accept $5-$15 certificates. In fact I didn't even need to complain the last time I called, they just gave me a $10 certificate because the rep. said that there was a note in my account that said if I have to call back regarding my RZ points, that theyll give me more points for the inconvenience. So I got my $20 gift certificate right on the spot (no waiting 30 days) and a $10 cert. as well on one call. ;)

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']I could care less, I'll act like a child towards BB CS any time, any day for as long as they keep messing up my transactions, I'll gladly accept $5-$15 certificates. In fact I didn't even need to complain the last time I called, they just gave me a $10 certificate because the rep. said that there was a note in my account that said if I have to call back regarding my RZ points, that theyll give me more points for the inconvenience. So I got my $20 gift certificate right on the spot (no waiting 30 days) and a $10 cert. as well on one call. ;)[/QUOTE]

Point made. Thanks.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Alot of horror stories though all seem to do with preorder in store. Unless you don't have the funds to pay right away I'd suggest always buying online.

DLC code is nothing special anyway. Golden guns suck and golden key I got junk in chest. Not worth flipping out to CS if you didn't get it. Awesome game though.[/QUOTE]

Not true. You also get the fifth character class for free when it comes out later this month. Otherwise you have to pay $10 for it later. Also if you hold out until you are a higher level, the guns in the chest won't be junk.

for people who got BL2 at midnight has the purchase shown up in the purchase history? Mine still has nothing, I might call tomorrow maybe see if I can get the gift certificate posted immediately

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']for people who got BL2 at midnight has the purchase shown up in the purchase history? Mine still has nothing, I might call tomorrow maybe see if I can get the gift certificate posted immediately[/QUOTE]

Nope not yet and IRandom you should get a code via email (24-48 hours after pick up)

Got my copy of Borderlands today. There wasnt anything printed on the receipt BUT it was emailed me moments after I picked up the game.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']for people who got BL2 at midnight has the purchase shown up in the purchase history? Mine still has nothing, I might call tomorrow maybe see if I can get the gift certificate posted immediately[/QUOTE]

It takes a couple of days for purchases to show up in RZ history. I think typically around 3, 5 at most.

[quote name='iRandom']For those who preordered Borderlands 2 did you guys get the premier club code on your receipt?[/QUOTE]

my code was on the receipt when I picked it up at midnight and also got it emailed to me on Tuesday, was the same code too

[quote name='DWulf']It takes a couple of days for purchases to show up in RZ history. I think typically around 3, 5 at most.[/QUOTE]

hmm ok well gonna have to call and see if I can get it posted ASAP since I really want to use it on FIFA 13 on the 25th

I had a pretty interesting experience when I picked mine up today. At first I was just irritated by how shitty the service took, but then got home and looked at the receipt and realize that I made out pretty good.

Brief summary.

Went to CS desk as this store usually has your pre-orders there. Wait 15 minutes in line only to be told pre-orders were at the game counter.
Go to game counter and wait 20 minutes for an employee to finally come by and say that he will send someone over since he is currently helping someone.
10 minutes later, a guy working in the Mobile department comes over. He has no idea how to do it. So I walk him through and tell him he has to do an exchange, scan the pre-order receipt and then scan the game. He does that and then walks over to ask someone a question and comes back 5 minutes later.
Totals it and everything looks good. I tell him I have a $5 RZ Cert. and he punches it in as I read it to him. Doesn't go through so he looks at my phone and verifies it. $5 comes off and then I pull up my $10 Digital Gift Card. I ask him if he wants to try to scan the code or just have me read it. He says he doesn't need to see it (first sign of confusion on my part). Finishes it up and I pay the rest.

I get home and look at the receipt to see that he overrode the system and punched in the $5 RZ Cert as a Manufacturer Coupon and the $10 GC the same way.

I end up getting the game for $45 and get to keep my GC and RZ Cert., plus the $20 RZ for pre-ordering.

I'm okay with the whole thing taking roughly 45 minutes in order to get the game for essentially $25.

Got the Borderlands 2 - Preorder Bonus email tonight, so looks like that' how they are delivering it. I ordered the PS3 version so got the standard 12 PSN store code.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']
hmm ok well gonna have to call and see if I can get it posted ASAP since I really want to use it on FIFA 13 on the 25th[/QUOTE]

The points won't be available right away. The purchase will show on your RZ account about 3-5 days after purchase, but the points will show as pending. The $20 RZ cert won't be available until the points clear, about 35 days after purchase. If you pre-ordered online at least 35 days before the 25th, you should be fine. If you pre-ordered later than that or in store, then the points probably won't clear in time for FIFA 13.

I told the CSR that there was no code on the reciept and they voided the order than redid it so I could get my code....

I hope it didnt ruin my preorder 20GC as the reciept no longer says exchange on the top or any reference to the preorder it just has a 5 dollar discount.....

What a sack of soggy shit Best Buy, get it together

So it's either preorder the game online for instore pick up to get the DLC and $20,but then deal with the pain in the ass phone call to potentially price match.

Or preorder ithe game instore hoping they don't fuck up and you get your DLC and $20,but you'll have an easy time with a price match.

This is so much more complicated then it should be.

[quote name='cancerman1120']^This. Your life won't end and planning on complaining to get RZ certs is just childish. BBY should get it right but behaving like a 2 year old when things don't work says a lot about who you are as a person.[/QUOTE]

Someones needs to worry less about what others do . don't listen to him people bby should not mess up so often

[quote name='joeyshadows']Man I hope everyone bitching and complaining doesn't ruin this as a promotion going forward.[/QUOTE]

Man I hope the lack of employee training and knowing what the hell they should be doing that led to everyone bitching and complaining doesnt ruin this as a promotion going forward.

[quote name='iRandom']For those who preordered Borderlands 2 did you guys get the premier club code on your receipt?[/QUOTE]

No code on my receipt, but clearly shows the preorder and has the EXCHANGE across the top (as OP said it should). Still no code. I went ahead and started playing last night without it. Excellent game, and to be honest, there's so much loot in the game, I could care less about what might be in the gold lockbox.

Also, just wait until someone updates WillowTree.

I do wish I had access to the fifth class. But I imagine it will come out as DLC.

[quote name='darkvulture']Someones needs to worry less about what others do . don't listen to him people bby should not mess up so often[/QUOTE]

Then others should just keep it to themselves. Legitimate advice has nothing to do with begging/asking/expecting compensation for fixing a problem. Must be a generational thing...nothing but a me attitude instead of trying to actually solve your problem it is how can I manipulate to get something I do not really deserve.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Then others should just keep it to themselves. Legitimate advice has nothing to do with begging/asking/expecting compensation for fixing a problem. Must be a generational thing...nothing but a me attitude instead of trying to actually solve your problem it is how can I manipulate to get something I do not really deserve.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree.

It seems some people try to get their problems fixed by CS. That's fine.

But there are people who just love to whine and bitch about the smallest things and expect to get compensated for *everything*. Greedy pathetic little people who exhaust the goodwill of retailers and ruin it for others.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']No code on my receipt, but clearly shows the preorder and has the EXCHANGE across the top (as OP said it should). Still no code. I went ahead and started playing last night without it. Excellent game, and to be honest, there's so much loot in the game, I could care less about what might be in the gold lockbox.

Also, just wait until someone updates WillowTree.

I do wish I had access to the fifth class. But I imagine it will come out as DLC.[/QUOTE]

The 5th class will be DLC in Oct but with the code it is free. You should get a code in your email now. If not, use the forum at bby to get it or call CS. I have never been denied a preorder code in about 15 game purchases at bby and 13 out of 15 times it eventually ended up in my email if I just waited 2-3 days.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I told the CSR that there was no code on the reciept and they voided the order than redid it so I could get my code....

I hope it didnt ruin my preorder 20GC as the reciept no longer says exchange on the top or any reference to the preorder it just has a 5 dollar discount.....

What a sack of soggy shit Best Buy, get it together[/QUOTE]

Yeah they completely handled that wrong. You'll need to eventually call CS to have them put the points in your account.

I also didn't get the pre-order bonus on my receipt in store either. I thought i was the only one at first seeing as i had a dozen other issues just trying to pick up and but the game at my store.

the key thing is i went back to the store with my receipt and showed them there was no code. In 5 mins i got the code. The only thing i'm a bit worried about is the $20 GC as that's the main reason i ordered at BB vs GS.

[quote name='vantheman']So is black ops 2 not eligible for this promotion?[/QUOTE]

Did you read the op? Is it listed there? If you don't believe the op, why would you believe a different post from a stranger? Or why not look at the official offer page on myrewardzone.com

(Yes, its eligible)

[quote name='vantheman']So is black ops 2 not eligible for this promotion?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kyden139']Did you read the op? Is it listed there? If you don't believe the op, why would you believe a different post from a stranger? Or why not look at the official offer page on myrewardzone.com

(Yes, its eligible)
[/QUOTE]

Well, in his defense, it's buried pretty good. Obviously Activision doesn't want anyone to stumble upon it by accident.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well, in his defense, it's buried pretty good. Obviously Activision doesn't want anyone to stumble upon it by accident.[/QUOTE]

It's right on the front page of this thread. How is that "buried pretty good"? How about that it's been asked on just about EVERY SINGLE ONE of these pages for the past few months? And if he wanted more, solid info from a reputable source, he could waltz into a Best Buy and snag the pamphlet that lists Black Ops 2 as a part of the promotion. I know I was able to.

[quote name='mars009']DAmn it I should have preorder Borderlands 2!! Seems like such a good deal with the season pass included[/QUOTE]

FYI. It is not a season pass. That will still run you $30 and will include 4 pieces of single player DLC like the previous game. This DLC is some golden guns, skins, relic (provide 5% boost to rare weapon find) and golden chest key. The best part of it though is the extra character class (Mechromancer) that will release in Oct. It will cost everyone else $10. I just do not want you to think you missed out on a season pass. :)

My purchase of Borderlands 2 isn't showing up, but I take it that takes a few days? Given that they messed up my pre-order DLC and I had to call to get that, I'm worried my $20 credit might not show up.

[quote name='z3razerviper']How are they suppose to ring the transaction for preorders? For me they returned the preorder then sold me the game and I got no code.[/QUOTE]

You were screwed. So was I. Apparently the cashier had to actively do something to get the pre-order bonus printed on the receipt, and they aren't telling them how to do it. Dumb. I called the store and after being on hold for a long time they got me my code. Over the phone and also emailed to me. So call the store, or go back to it.

[quote name='advanced']It's right on the front page of this thread. How is that "buried pretty good"? How about that it's been asked on just about EVERY SINGLE ONE of these pages for the past few months? And if he wanted more, solid info from a reputable source, he could waltz into a Best Buy and snag the pamphlet that lists Black Ops 2 as a part of the promotion. I know I was able to.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the BB website. If you go to the "See all qualifying titles" link on the promotion page, BLOPS2 is 100% NOT listed:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Also, if you go the individual listing of EVERY other game in the promotion, it is listed in the right sidebar under "Special Offers". Nowhere is it listed for BLOPS 2.

Now I knew it was eligible because as you mentioned, this seems to get brought up every other day. But you have to admit that it's pretty clear they are trying to keep that title under wraps by making you log in first and then still have to make a few clicks to see it.

OK, so I just noticed that my preorder receipt for Borderlands 2 says this:

"3433111 PRE SELL
PS-BORDERLANDS 2-PC PRE SELL"

Am I screwed because it says PC? I plan on picking up my :ps3: copy this afternoon.

...Oh yeah, I'm definitely switching to online orders with in-store pickup for this promotion. It's just far too stressful otherwise. :bomb:

[quote name='chriscolbert']I was referring to the BB website. If you go to the "See all qualifying titles" link on the promotion page, BLOPS2 is 100% NOT listed:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Also, if you go the individual listing of EVERY other game in the promotion, it is listed in the right sidebar under "Special Offers". Nowhere is it listed for BLOPS 2.

Now I knew it was eligible because as you mentioned, this seems to get brought up every other day. But you have to admit that it's pretty clear they are trying to keep that title under wraps by making you log in first and then still have to make a few clicks to see it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, definitely kept under wraps...

For the extremely lazy.

Emailed Best Buy with the link provided a few pages back, thanks for posting that. If I don't receive anything by tomorrow after my interview, at Best Buy xD I'll just talk to customer service. Part of me is second guessing working there.

[quote name='Vigilante']OK, so I just noticed that my preorder receipt for Borderlands 2 says this:

"3433111 PRE SELL

Am I screwed because it says PC? I plan on picking up my :ps3: copy this afternoon.

...Oh yeah, I'm definitely switching to online orders with in-store pickup for this promotion. It's just far too stressful otherwise. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling the UPCs for PC and PS3 were switched on the preorder card.

There are 3 of us with the same problem. Does anyone still have the 'thick" preorder card? I still have the old/thin original one. Maybe we can compare and see if this is the case.

[quote name='cancerman1120']FYI. It is not a season pass. That will still run you $30 and will include 4 pieces of single player DLC like the previous game. This DLC is some golden guns, skins, relic (provide 5% boost to rare weapon find) and golden chest key. The best part of it though is the extra character class (Mechromancer) that will release in Oct. It will cost everyone else $10. I just do not want you to think you missed out on a season pass. :)[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks man, now I can get back to work without thinking I missed on a sweet sweet deak :bouncy:

[quote name='slowdive21']I have a feeling the UPCs for PC and PS3 were switched on the preorder card.

There are 3 of us with the same problem. Does anyone still have the 'thick" preorder card? I still have the old/thin original one. Maybe we can compare and see if this is the case.[/QUOTE]Well, crap if that's the case. What the heck am I supposed to do now? I'll miss out on the $20 in RZ certificates if they cancel the preorder and just deduct $5 from a :ps3: version and I likely won't get the preorder DLC code automatically (though that's easily handled via the BBY email address that's been referenced).

This is just too much trouble, BBY. Too. Much. Trouble. :wall:

[quote name='slowdive21']I have a feeling the UPCs for PC and PS3 were switched on the preorder card.

There are 3 of us with the same problem. Does anyone still have the 'thick" preorder card? I still have the old/thin original one. Maybe we can compare and see if this is the case.[/QUOTE]

OK so the back of the pre-order cards list this

PS3 400034330966 (33096 # under it)
PC 400034331116 (33111)

[quote name='Vigilante']OK, so I just noticed that my preorder receipt for Borderlands 2 says this:

"3433111 PRE SELL

...Oh yeah, I'm definitely switching to online orders with in-store pickup for this promotion. It's just far too stressful otherwise. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah it looks like they scanned the PC for you and not PS3.

[quote name='confoosious']Completely agree.

It seems some people try to get their problems fixed by CS. That's fine.

But there are people who just love to whine and bitch about the smallest things and expect to get compensated for *everything*. Greedy pathetic little people who exhaust the goodwill of retailers and ruin it for others.[/QUOTE]

You guys are acting like the children. When a company offer something guess what people tend to expect it .you can not control the site or what people do or post they don't have to ask you if they post or if its right to complain

so back off you guys are acting like overbearing jewish mothers so quick to tell people right from wrong

[quote name='darkvulture']You guys are acting like the children. When a company offer something guess what people tend to expect it .you can not control the site or what people do or post they don't have to ask you if they post or if its right to complain

so back off you guys are acting like overbearing jewish mothers so quick to tell people right from wrong[/QUOTE]

You should take your own advice.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah it looks like they scanned the PC for you and not PS3.[/QUOTE]OK, but here's the thing: The employee definitely scanned the UPC for the PS3 version. He's one of the best employees at my local BBY, very up-to-date on video games, and not the kind of guy who would get that wrong (I was very specific in mentioning I wanted to preorder the :ps3: version and he nodded in response before scanning the PS3 barcode).

Maybe the preorder card I brought up had the UPCs switched from what the other card had, like slowdive21 suggested?

[quote name='Vigilante']OK, but here's the thing: The employee definitely scanned the UPC for the PS3 version. He's one of the best employees at my local BBY, very up-to-date on video games, and not the kind of guy who would get that wrong (I was very specific in mentioning I wanted to preorder the :ps3: version and he nodded in response before scanning the PS3 barcode).[/QUOTE]

Maybe the computer had both PS3 and PC listed under the PC UPC then? That is a cluster then for certain. Not good. Hopefully you can get it sorted it quickly without too much arguing.

There are 3 of us with the same problem. Does anyone still have the 'thick" preorder card? I still have the old/thin original one. Maybe we can compare and see if this is the case.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cancerman1120']OK so the back of the pre-order cards list this

PS3 400034330966 (33096 # under it)
PC 400034331116 (33111)[/QUOTE]

CONFIRMED: The PC and PS3 codes were reversed on the original thin/oversized preorder cards.

We will have to pass this along to BB.

My preorder card says
400034330966 (33096) under PC
400034331116 (33111) under PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back