Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jcp42877']I'm seeing a lot of bashin on RE6..canceling preordes and such. Anyone think that mayyyybe you could just buy it, get your $20 GC and resell the game for $4 after beating??

People are so spoiled nowadays on their games. Seems like I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed the demo. Hell, I even have the Anthology preordered. Then again, this is comin from someone who has just played 3,4, and 5. And I loved every single one of them.[/QUOTE]Hey buddy, I'm not cancelling my preorder. I loved RE4 & 5, too. :cool:

[quote name='pdawg17']Wow played the RE6 demo with my bro co-op and that demo GOT me to preorder it...to each his own I guess...[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with you, me and my friend ran through the demo and we both really enjoyed it....I went for the Archives edition since I don't have RE 4 or Code Veronica on 360 yet and I only bought the versus DLC for 5 so I'll get some content for that as well. I noticed the Archives page doesn't mention the pre order DLC though, hope I get it.

[quote name='jcp42877']I'm seeing a lot of bashin on RE6..canceling preordes and such. Anyone think that mayyyybe you could just buy it, get your $20 GC and resell the game for $4 after beating??

People are so spoiled nowadays on their games. Seems like I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed the demo. Hell, I even have the Anthology preordered. Then again, this is comin from someone who has just played 3,4, and 5. And I loved every single one of them.[/QUOTE]

I didn't cancel my preorder but hated the demo. Leon's scenario oozes atmosphere but it's just a giant cutscene. Jake's would be cool if it let you continue from a checkpoint instead of kicking you back to the God damn main screen after dying, and if you could skip cutscenes at all. Chris's wast just too clausterphobic and crazy with the new zoomed-in camera. I know the game will be good but seriously, worst demo since Brutal Legend's.

for the people pm'ing RE6 from Frys, are you preordering it at best buy and price matching the same time you preorder, or are you price matching the day you pick it up? I'd like to do this as well to get it cheaper and still get the RZ credit.

[quote name='Vigilante']Hey buddy, I'm not cancelling my preorder. I loved RE4 & 5, too. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Haha! Glad to see someone else who's still I for the long haul lol.

The only RE I don't plan to play on PS3 is ORC...mainly because tht one got almost universal criticism for being technically horrible and not worth it.

But as far as the actual "numbered" RE's, I'll always give them a shot just because I know how much work and polish goes into them

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Anyone knows if I preordered the game and the salesperson forgot to add the RZ to my transaction, would that result in me missing out on the $20 reward?[/QUOTE]

If your RZ member number is not on the receipt, you need to call or go to the customer service desk to get that crap sorted out, because you will not get the reward.

Nope, it's normally supposed to take 30-35 days. Just be patient.

[quote name='Kenshindono']anyone got their 20 coupon for borderlands 2 yet? I still havent got mine. I got my ME3 one in a week or two last time

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

[quote name='plastik3000']Nope, it's normally supposed to take 30-35 days. Just be patient.[/QUOTE]

why exactly does it take that long? I know its not the same but Gamestop powerup reward points are posted and ready to use almost immediately. I read somewhere thats its to stop people from buying then using the $20 and returning the game but then again couldn't they just take away $20 if you tried to return the game after using the $20 promo

[quote name='Capocci 007']for the people pm'ing RE6 from Frys, are you preordering it at best buy and price matching the same time you preorder, or are you price matching the day you pick it up? I'd like to do this as well to get it cheaper and still get the RZ credit.[/QUOTE]

On pickup.

I'm technically doing it after pickup.

So aside from entering my RZ info at some point, I just pre-order NBA 2K13 and I'm good for the $20 RZ Cert, right?

I can still do this today for in store pick up tomorrow and can select which store I want to pick it up at, I would guess?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']So aside from entering my RZ info at some point, I just pre-order NBA 2K13 and I'm good for the $20 RZ Cert, right?

I can still do this today for in store pick up tomorrow and can select which store I want to pick it up at, I would guess?[/QUOTE]
Yep, today is the last day to pre-order any game that gets released tomorrow.

So as long as you get the pre-order confirmation, you'll be good to go.

Quick side question regarding reward zone stuff... When on earth does the points and purchases tracker for reaching silver status ever update? My dad bought a $1800 TV using my card a couple months ago, and while the TV has been correctly listed since July and I've gotten the certs for it already, my "I've spent" has said the same thing for the past month. Hasn't added in the value for the other things I've bought, like Borderlands 2 (which I got the cert for as well).

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']So aside from entering my RZ info at some point, I just pre-order NBA 2K13 and I'm good for the $20 RZ Cert, right?

I can still do this today for in store pick up tomorrow and can select which store I want to pick it up at, I would guess?[/QUOTE]

In store pick up ended yesterday, you can still order today and have it shipped to your house.

Stupid question. If you get silver status it says you get a 25% point bonus. So what does that translate into? How much are getting back per dollar spent? Most of the other benefits seem lame, except for free "expedited shipping", but mostly I'd be going with in-store pickup anyway.

[quote name='crunchewy']Stupid question. If you get silver status it says you get a 25% point bonus. So what does that translate into? How much are getting back per dollar spent? Most of the other benefits seem lame, except for free "expedited shipping", but mostly I'd be going with in-store pickup anyway.[/QUOTE]This isn't an answer to your question, but I've got five words for you:

Sixty. Day. Price. Match. Window.

That's the best perk of Premier Silver, if you ask me. :applause:

[quote name='Vigilante']This isn't an answer to your question, but I've got five words for you:

Sixty. Day. Price. Match. Window.

That's the best perk of Premier Silver, if you ask me. :applause:[/QUOTE]
Definitely, having 2 months to price match almost guarantees that you can get atleast $20 back.

Which especially with the $20 Certificate deal you can basically get every Fall game for $20..or less

[quote name='hlb96']In store pick up ended yesterday, you can still order today and have it shipped to your house.[/QUOTE]

Darn. Guess I'll just get the $15 GC from K-Mart then. Oh well.

Eh, maybe not. I have a $5 K-Mart GC though, I guess. How long does the free shipping usually take and can I still PM online order for up to 30 days?

[quote name='hlb96']In store pick up ended yesterday, you can still order today and have it shipped to your house.[/QUOTE]

I placed my re 6 order for in store pick up about an hour ago

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I just preordered for in store pick up. So this means I won't get my $20? I'll get more after I call, complain and get some added for my trouble!?![/QUOTE]

Sounds like marymarymary tactics

Lucky for me I've enjoyed RE5, and even ORC that so many people hate but if you some of you guys follow reviews.. well all I can say is there's a hellstorm brewin' up! HIDE THE CHILDREN!

VideoGamer - 6/10
Edge - 6/10
Gamespot - 4.5/10
GamesTM - 7/10
Eurogamer - 6/10
Destructoid - 3/10
Polygon - 4/10
G4 - 5/10

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Eh, on metacritic there's more praise coupled with those negative reviews. The negative summaries seem to be upset that its long, has 3 stories and isn't "ground-breaking". I'll enjoy a lot of content and playing a game I know and like.[/QUOTE]
I haven't actually read any of the reviews yet but this is why I've never let reviews reflect my purchases. But I do watch the occasional video gameplay/review just to get a feel of the game before purchasing it.

There's one positive about all the bad reviews. They usually lead to poor sales so are odds of price matching a lower price on RE6 in the next 60 days has increased dramatically. I think bestbuy ordered to much stock as well. Why people can still order for in-store pick-up. Both borderlands 2 and nba2k13 were cutoff by this time meaning no extra stock available in store. Im thinking there will be a ton of extra RE6's on the shelves.

[quote name='eXiON']Lucky for me I've enjoyed RE5, and even ORC that so many people hate but if you some of you guys follow reviews.. well all I can say is there's a hellstorm brewin' up! HIDE THE CHILDREN!

VideoGamer - 6/10
Edge - 6/10
Gamespot - 4.5/10
GamesTM - 7/10
Eurogamer - 6/10
Destructoid - 3/10
Polygon - 4/10
G4 - 5/10
[/QUOTE]

After playing the demo I can't say I'm surprised by these reviews. I'm going to skip it, maybe I'll pick it up down the line when it hits the clearance bin.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Since when is a long campaign considered bad. With thoughts like that single player will eventually be dead.[/QUOTE]
If the gameplay is redundant?

[quote name='Youngnoble']Since when is a long campaign considered bad. With thoughts like that single player will eventually be dead.[/QUOTE]

Long campaigns are only bad when the actual gameplay sucks. Like in this case. :lol:

When it's sloppy and boring.

I haven't messed around much with preordering at BB before. If I have 5 bucks down on RE6 but changed my mind on picking it up, is there a way to move that money toward a different purchase?

[quote name='IanKazimer']I haven't messed around much with preordering at BB before. If I have 5 bucks down on RE6 but changed my mind on picking it up, is there a way to move that money toward a different purchase?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can just cancel it and put your money toward a new game if you want.

I agree with you guys about this game but it felt like the reviewer had a problem with it being to long period. No matter the quality of the particular title. I knew this game was going to be bad. I however feel most games released you can beat in a day and I'd like to see a change in that.

[quote name='eXiON']Lucky for me I've enjoyed RE5, and even ORC that so many people hate but if you some of you guys follow reviews.. well all I can say is there's a hellstorm brewin' up! HIDE THE CHILDREN!

VideoGamer - 6/10
Edge - 6/10
Gamespot - 4.5/10
GamesTM - 7/10
Eurogamer - 6/10
Destructoid - 3/10
Polygon - 4/10
G4 - 5/10
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hlb96']IGN RE6 review is up:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/01/resident-evil-6-review[/QUOTE]These are totally having the opposite effect on me--I'm more excited than ever to pick up my copy and start playing! :bouncy::lol:

It's almost like these reviews are daring me to play RE6...and I'll happily oblige. ;)

Me, too. I love Resident Evil, but RE6 is so much like ORC, which I own. The game is just too dark for my 65" Panasonic plasma even with my brightness turned all the way up. And those QCT is such a turn-off, and they do take you away from the frentic actions, which is very annoying.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']After playing the demo I can't say I'm surprised by these reviews. I'm going to skip it, maybe I'll pick it up down the line when it hits the clearance bin.[/QUOTE]

I need to stop in BB on the way home today - unlocked expires on 3rd i think. Hopefully doesn't take much processing - but don't have to worry about it until 30th for AC3.

I don't see anything about a midnight release... Guess they not doing one for RE6/NBA 2K13 tonight? Whatever guess i'll just go whenever I wake up tomorrow and grab it. I'm off work the next couple days and a night owl so I like midnight releases. :)

Borderlands 2 midnight but no RE6 & NBA....

Hmmm, I still have NCAA and ?Madden sitting sealed on my desk. I don't think I can handle another sports game to get rid of. Still haven't opened RE ORC, so I will probably pass on that too.

IDK how you guys sell stuff on Craigslist. I listed Madden for $50 (sealed/new) on xbox 360 the week it came out and I didn't even get one email. It was sold out locally as well.

[quote name='$hady']I don't see anything about a midnight release... Guess they not doing one for RE6/NBA 2K13 tonight? Whatever guess i'll just go whenever I wake up tomorrow and grab it. I'm off work the next couple days and a night owl so I like midnight releases. :)[/QUOTE]My local BBY is doing one for RE6, so you could always call and ask.

[quote name='Vigilante']My local BBY is doing one for RE6, so you could always call and ask.[/QUOTE]

Google turned me to the BB forums and I read there they weren't doing midnight releases for RE6. Added to the lack of news on website I assumed.....

Guess i'll call, thanks. ;)

[quote name='$hady']Google turned me to the BB forums and I read there they weren't doing midnight releases for RE6. Added to the lack of news on website I assumed.....

Guess i'll call, thanks. ;)[/QUOTE]Yeah, there probably aren't any official midnight launches, but one of the gaming guys at my local BBY was excited for their launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back