Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played the MOH Beta for about an hour. It is very similar to BF3 in gunplay and feel but definitely more COD in terms of action. The buddy system is actually pretty cool. I most likely won't buy because I do not need two war shooters right now but I think it is miles better than the 1st MOH MP. That thing was a pile of crap. I might pre-order and see how the reviews look.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Just played the MOH Beta for about an hour. It is very similar to BF3 in gunplay and feel but definitely more COD in terms of action. The buddy system is actually pretty cool. I most likely won't buy because I do not need two war shooters right now but I think it is miles better than the 1st MOH MP. That thing was a pile of crap. I might pre-order and see how the reviews look.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not picking this game up because I still play BF3 a lot and I'm getting BO2. There's no way I'm going to have the time to invest in this. Good to hear its better then the previous one though.

God I really want to get Dishonored after seeing the videos and reviews. But I'm still not sure. I have til the end of the day to finally pre-order and be eligible to get the next $20 certificate.

Thanks for the replies. Ended up ordering it over the phone because the pre order usb item wasn't adding in my cart, and it's sku wasn't bringing it up on my end.

So Nine missions for Dishonored. Seems small but I am still all in on this game. The other negative is the story is not as solid as the trailers would make it seem. In the end if the gameplay is top notch then I will want to play it over several times. Between this and Hitman I think I will have my stealth/action fill this holiday.

[quote name='MeteoSparkZero']God I really want to get Dishonored after seeing the videos and reviews. But I'm still not sure. I have til the end of the day to finally pre-order and be eligible to get the next $20 certificate.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm thinking that I should just wait til black Friday as last year, all of the games I preordered last year ended up being on sale on black Friday and was kicking myself in the head.

[quote name='JohnWayne']I'm in the same boat as you. I'm thinking that I should just wait til black Friday as last year, all of the games I preordered last year ended up being on sale on black Friday and was kicking myself in the head.[/QUOTE]

If I played and beat those games before they went on sale, then I wouldn't be too upset about it. If they were still in the shrink wrap though... :D

Just placed my order for :360: Xcom. From the glowing reviews and my silver status, I can't let this one go by. Ended up paying ~$40 out of pocket for expedited shipping after gift card and reward certificates were applied.

Going to try and race through Dishonored as I fear the TIV will drop fast since it's been reported to have very little replay value.

[quote name='Bosamba']Going to try and race through Dishonored as I fear the TIV will drop fast since it's been reported to have very little replay value.[/QUOTE]

The replay value comes from trying out different approaches to each mission. A couple of the reviewers mentioned they immediately wanted to start the game again and play it a different way once they finished. If you're not interested in that, then it's an 8-15 hour game depending on who you ask.

Anyway, I think rushing through a game saps the fun out of it. I'm getting Dishonored on PC but even if I was getting it on a console, I'd take my time and not even worry about what the TIV was going to be when I'm done.

so my borderlands 2 deluxe vault hunter was a total cluster...
to sum it up.

i preordered online and received it - but no preorder rz credit,
waited and nothing.

i happened to need to buy a vanilla version for my brother that saturday(which was what i was going to use the credit for in the first place).

called about a week ago to find out the status of the credit... and they said it was being processed.

i just got the rz credit applied to the 2nd one i bought without a preorder, not the first.

great job... i feel like returning the deluxe vault hunter edition because it seems like the price i dropping and it will be $50 sooner or later anyways.

hopefully my dishonored preorder will go better since i did it instore.

[quote name='seanr1221']Already had my 20.00 post from Borderlands and used it. I'm shocked it posted so quickly. I thought it takes 30 days?[/QUOTE]

i think technically it should show up as pending within a week - but actually be a credit to use within 30 days.

[quote name='DomLando']If I pre order online, is it a pain to price match later on?[/QUOTE]
I remember some say yes, but if you preorder in store you have to PM in store. Gas is $4.98 where I live, so...your choice?

[quote name='Bosamba']Just placed my order for :360: Xcom. From the glowing reviews and my silver status, I can't let this one go by. Ended up paying ~$40 out of pocket for expedited shipping after gift card and reward certificates were applied.

Going to try and race through Dishonored as I fear the TIV will drop fast since it's been reported to have very little replay value.[/QUOTE]

Why not just wait for Dishonored to drop in price substantially before buying it so you can enjoy the game and take your time without trying to recoup most of your money back by rushing through it? Or better yet, just rent the game?

[quote name='DomLando']If I pre order online, is it a pain to price match later on?[/QUOTE]

It took me 10-15 minutes to get a PM on Madden 13 done over the phone, not a pain by any means.

[quote name='seanr1221']Already had my 20.00 post from Borderlands and used it. I'm shocked it posted so quickly. I thought it takes 30 days?[/QUOTE]
Mine from 9/18 is still pending with an estimated date of 10/23. I was hoping it would come in time for Dishonored :/

[quote name='NINJA V']i think technically it should show up as pending within a week - but actually be a credit to use within 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Definitely posted. I can post a screen cap later.

i received my points for fifa today. on a side note, i was freaking out that my bl2 points weren't posted/on my rz account but then i noticed i received them a couple weeks back and pre ordered it in august..woops haha

Came here to ask but I see the answer.... ALOT of the confusion is caused by how Best Buy credits the bonus 1000 points. I've done 3 games so far, all were pre-ordered online but only NBA 2K13 was actually picked up in the store. I showed the 1000 promo bonus on the shipped items right away but the in-store pickup doesn't show the bonus just the base 118 points. I will just be patient and watch that it does appear. 1118 points on each purchase or about $22.50 each game is sweet. I'm in for this the rest of the year. :)

[quote name='Killbomb']If I played and beat those games before they went on sale, then I wouldn't be too upset about it. If they were still in the shrink wrap though... :D[/QUOTE]

Well they were mainly sports games so you can't really beat them lol but being the sports fan I am, I always can't wait to play with the new rosters and graphics, and gameplay before the actual season starts

[quote name='$hady']Came here to ask but I see the answer.... ALOT of the confusion is caused by how Best Buy credits the bonus 1000 points. I've done 3 games so far, all were pre-ordered online but only NBA 2K13 was actually picked up in the store. I showed the 1000 promo bonus on the shipped items right away but the in-store pickup doesn't show the bonus just the base 118 points. I will just be patient and watch that it does appear. 1118 points on each purchase or about $22.50 each game is sweet. I'm in for this the rest of the year. :)[/QUOTE]
I'm confused as to how it came to about $22.50 per game?

[quote name='aircobra']He get 118 points for the purchase on top of the 1000.[/QUOTE]
I got that part, but I guess there was a PM for it afterwards.

[quote name='$hady']Came here to ask but I see the answer.... ALOT of the confusion is caused by how Best Buy credits the bonus 1000 points. I've done 3 games so far, all were pre-ordered online but only NBA 2K13 was actually picked up in the store. I showed the 1000 promo bonus on the shipped items right away but the in-store pickup doesn't show the bonus just the base 118 points. I will just be patient and watch that it does appear. 1118 points on each purchase or about $22.50 in RZ credit for each game is sweet. I'm in for this the rest of the year. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']I'm confused as to how it came to about $22.50 per game?[/QUOTE]

Fixed it so it makes sense for you. 1118 points = ~$22.50 in RZ credit.

HAHA sorry for confusion, YES 1118 points AKA $22.50ish in RZ credit on each game purchase.

59 Reward Zone
59 Gamers Club RZ
1000 promo

[quote name='slowdive21']I po dishonored on Thursday and it hasn't shipped yet from BB.com. sigh.[/QUOTE]

Neither has mine. GC from XCOM shipped today though :roll:

I'm a silver member, I pre-ordered Dishonored back on 10/1, and just got the shipping e-mail this morning. Still no pending points however, this is the first time it hasn't posted quickly to my RZ account.

going on and putting a preorder in for dishonored between the reviews and now being a silver member it's a no brainer

Anyone got the 1000 bonus pts posted for NBA 2K13 on their RZ account yet? I only see the pts for the game purchase, but not for the pre-order bonus.

I know the pts doesn't turn into certs for another month, but I do expect them at least being posted with a 'pending' status.

[quote name='Rockinjs']going on and putting a preorder in for dishonored between the reviews and now being a silver member it's a no brainer[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, whats does being a Silver member have to do with preordering the game?

I'm Silver..is there something I'm missing perhaps?

[quote name='jza1218']Just out of curiosity, has anyone had RE 6 or Nba 2k13 arrive from Bb.com.[/QUOTE]

I had 2k13 arrive Friday (silver member). Wife's copy showed up Saturday (non-silver). Both pre-ordered Monday night.

[quote name='jcp42877']Out of curiosity, whats does being a Silver member have to do with preordering the game?

I'm Silver..is there something I'm missing perhaps?[/QUOTE]

60 days price match.

[quote name='jcp42877']Out of curiosity, whats does being a Silver member have to do with preordering the game?

I'm Silver..is there something I'm missing perhaps?[/QUOTE]

I am too. I get free 2 day shipping from them.

[quote name='godsmack13']I had 2k13 arrive Friday (silver member). Wife's copy showed up Saturday (non-silver). Both pre-ordered Monday night.

60 days price match.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay.. i already knew that aha. But yes...60 day PM is the shizzz

As much as I think XCOM looks good it is just one of those games I can wait till it hits $20. I know I will never have time to play it with Borderlands 2, Dishonored, AC:III, Halo 4, BLOPS 2, Hitman, and Far Cry 3....yeah there is most likely not time for all those either. :(

Here is some info that might help people who are looking forward to PMing any game from this promo (or any other time)

This link is for Borderlands 2, it tells you exactly what day is 60 days from the day it came out. Just change the URL to get another date. Like for Resident Evil 6 I used this one and for Dishonored I used this one.

I then went to my google calander and set up an all day reminder for the closest previous Sunday and had it email me at 0 minutes before. So at exactly 12:00 on the last Sunday I will get an email reminding me that this is the last week to PM BL2/RE6/Dishonored.

I found it very useful that way I won't forget. I also put the receipt in the case with the game so I always know where it is. I know they can look up your receipt, but this streamlines the process.

Hopefully this helps some people.

[quote name='Rockinjs']going on and putting a preorder in for dishonored between the reviews and now being a silver member it's a no brainer[/QUOTE]

Just got back from doing the same thing. I wasn't sure if I wanted it at launch but after reading some early reviews and my 60 day pm window + the $20 bonus, it was hard to pass up.

I also preordered Dishonored for the reasons mentioned above (60 day pm window and certificate), but I'm not sure if I should cancel my Amazon order so I could place it with Best Buy for the same reasons. I just really want that MoH steelbook (or as they call it, tin case)....

[quote name='godsmack13']I had 2k13 arrive Friday (silver member). Wife's copy showed up Saturday (non-silver). Both pre-ordered Monday night.

60 days price match.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I preordered mine the same night and its been sitting at my post office since Monday. The great thing is that it had an estimated delivery date of today. Which I knew wouldn't happen.

I don't really want to spend a lot of cash right now, so im tempted to just trade in RE6 tomorrow for $43.20 and use that towards Dishonored and paying off the difference with my other GCs.

I know RE6 just came out, but after it was all said and done with PM, cert, and gift card, I only paid $34ish for the Anthology. So I'd be getting more than I initially paid, and I got to keep 1-5. I haven't even beaten the game yet, but I figure the vanilla will be on sale fairly soon.

Then again, I have 7 days to finish it until I lose out on my Dishonored promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back