Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']then what did you mean by "If this gets extended to include any console preorder of our choice"? There's a link in the OP setup to get additional titles added & even allow PC gamers to get in on some of these deals too. Allan is very open-minded to more games if there's enuf demand to warrant it but time is a factor.[/QUOTE]

i see what you did there ;)

fantastic offer. im down for at least blops 2 and borderlands 2. maybe ac3/re6.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I already love this promotion, as I had preordered Borderlands 2 and AC3 long before this promo even started. I only wish that I had known that this was gointg to happen (and known that it would apply to Collector's Editions) back when they first announced the Loot Chest Edition for Borderlands 2. I'd have switched my preorder over to that version immediately, instead of debating for a week and watching it disappear completely.

If this gets extended to include any console preorder of our choice, it would pretty much end up making Best Buy the best preorder option we've ever had (with all due respect to KMart, Amazon, and Newegg; simply allowing the deal on Collector's Editions already trumps many of their previous programs).[/QUOTE]
I thought Amazon offered $10 on the Ultimate Loot Chest preorder? No?

[quote name='TooPoor']I thought Amazon offered $10 on the Ultimate Loot Chest preorder? No?[/QUOTE]Would be nice if BB offered additional credit on all SE/CE/LE priced over $60. $30 credit on $100 priced ones $40 on ones more than $100. Although it would kill some of the cheapy clearanced ones since more people would buy em but they'd probably order more too. Having 60 days to pm would allow people to score at least 1 pm though.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ver-quot-tier-to-the-Gamers-Club/idi-p/492283

[quote name='sukTHEfac']BB doing what Kmart and Amazon no longer do: being competitive and winning CAG wallets ;)

Preordered CODBLOPS 2, Borderlands 2, RE6, Halo 4, AC3...saved $100 and on top of the 100% trade in credit bonus netting me an extra $125, it seems like ill be sticking with BB for a while[/QUOTE]

How did you save $100?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']How did you save $100?[/QUOTE]

Hes factoring in each $20 rz cert with every game. Technically its more like a rebate

[quote name='SeanTM22']Hes factoring in each $20 rz cert with every game. Technically its more like a rebate[/QUOTE]

That's a good way to put it, though most rebate checks are issued with a "deposit by" date one year after being issued. The RZ certs must be used within a calendar quarter (90 days).

[quote name='eLefAdEr']That's a good way to put it, though most rebate checks are issued with a "deposit by" date one year after being issued. The RZ certs must be used within a calendar quarter (90 days).[/QUOTE]

Well there are ways around that. Setting your certificate auto generate to $500 will allow you to holds onto the points till the end of the year. Plus I think they have changed the expiration date on RZ certs. The last one I printed had a expiration date of Jan 2013. I am silver though so I am not sure if extended expiration dates are an added bonus. Either way you should be able to use these well into next March/April if you choose. In some cases you should be able to use it next June/July.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Hes factoring in each $20 rz cert with every game. Technically its more like a rebate[/QUOTE]or maybe $20 back in pm form

[quote name='Enuf']or maybe $20 back in pm form[/QUOTE]

Speaking of PM , noob question here. Can anyone qualify for Price matching or do you have to have a certain membership? I just got a Gamer Unlocked membership. Thanks For The Help!

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well there are ways around that. Setting your certificate auto generate to $500 will allow you to holds onto the points till the end of the year. Plus I think they have changed the expiration date on RZ certs. The last one I printed had a expiration date of Jan 2013. I am silver though so I am not sure if extended expiration dates are an added bonus. Either way you should be able to use these well into next March/April if you choose. In some cases you should be able to use it next June/July.[/QUOTE]
They just extended cert expiration dates for silver, but if you bank you can keep them as long as you want. Three what, I do, I don't cash in the points right before I buy.

[quote name='6er']They just extended cert expiration dates for silver, but if you bank you can keep them as long as you want. Three what, I do, I don't cash in the points right before I buy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I bank them also. While the extended expiration date is nice it seems kind of silly thing to add only to silver since we can bank points anyway. A 6 month window for all would be good. At least give people until end of June to spend the certs on all the auto generated certs from the yearly turnover in Jan.

Enuf, since you know all that goes on in BB, is there any word on when @gamer coupons will work online? That would pretty much seal the deal on me becoming Unlocked. Thanks!

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Speaking of PM , noob question here. Can anyone qualify for Price matching or do you have to have a certain membership? I just got a Gamer Unlocked membership. Thanks For The Help![/QUOTE]There's nothing to "qualify" for it's a store policy for all. The only difference is reg. customers get 30 days & RZ silver members now get 60(started 6/18). Just follow this(there's some YMMV & alternative ways to get them too)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011&CMP=ocss

Protip:Use your smartphone to get online prices that differ from the B&M stores. If your local store likes to call to confirm price then order online or use in-store p/u then just call the # to pm. Calling seems to be the best way if your local stores won't comply.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Enuf, since you know all that goes on in BB, is there any word on when @gamer coupons will work online? That would pretty much seal the deal on me becoming Unlocked. Thanks![/QUOTE] We're up to just 77 votes(which is small considering the # of views) but as we near 90ish I gotta follow-up with them since they need to change the status again.
Hopefully, with enuf votes Sept. could be the month
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

Edit:looking at the other improvement links I'll be following up on most of them since alot are nearing 50 votes, getting so many good response threads at 1 time & so much feedback from CAG could really help us in getting a rep hear too.

[quote name='Enuf']There's nothing to "qualify" for it's a store policy for all. The only difference is reg. customers get 30 days & RZ silver members now get 60(started 6/18). Just follow this(there's some YMMV & alternative ways to get them too)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011&CMP=ocss

Protip:Use your smartphone to get online prices that differ from the B&M stores. If your local store likes to call to confirm price then order online or use in-store p/u then just call the # to pm. Calling seems to be the best way if your local stores won't comply.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Enuf! Since it is only a price adjustment does that mean that the game can be opened already? On the Best Buy FAQ you posted here, it doesnt sound like it has to be sealed when you bring it back. Or maybe Im misunderstanding

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Thanks Enuf! Since it is only a price adjustment does that mean that the game can be opened already? On the Best Buy FAQ you posted here, it doesnt sound like it has to be sealed when you bring it back. Or maybe Im misunderstanding[/QUOTE]

Price adjustments only require receipt and possibly the ad you are getting it price adjusted to (if it is a non best buy sale).

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Price adjustments only require receipt and possibly the ad you are getting it price adjusted to (if it is a non best buy sale).[/QUOTE]

Oh Sweet! This process is even easier then I thought it would be. Thanks For All the Help!

[quote name='Enuf']then what did you mean by "If this gets extended to include any console preorder of our choice"? There's a link in the OP setup to get additional titles added & even allow PC gamers to get in on some of these deals too. Allan is very open-minded to more games if there's enuf demand to warrant it but time is a factor.[/QUOTE]
I'm not really sure what your problem is in regards to my post. This post:

[quote name='Enuf']FYI, there could be a huge change made to the GC that will pretty much offer $20 credit to all games more or less. Either coupons or something attached to the paid RZ GC that would offer a limited # of $20 promos that could be applied to any title not already included in a $20 promo. And we may see this type of promo go into effect yr round to since they wanted to basically have the 5 for $100 deal 4 times a yr.[/QUOTE]
Would seem to indicate that there is a chance that the $20 promo could get extended to include all games (again, likely excluding things like the $40 portable games) by getting the certificate on games that are not already part of this offer. Also, if I submit a list of games that I want to buy that are not currently a part of this promo (and they get added to the list) wouldn't that also allow me to get this offer extended to any console game of my choice?

I'm also not entirely sure why you're trying to cut someone down that is showing an interest in this offer and is openly complimenting it. If I had posted "These game choices are terrible, I wish this would be on any console game you purchase" I could at least understand where you're coming from. As it is though, I don't understand why you've got such a problem with someone that's on your side in regards to the high quality of this deal.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Unlocked only?

No thanks, nice try BB[/QUOTE]

no kidding, who would want to spend $15 a year and get $20 off all the AAA titles coming out, not to mention the coupons every month... some folks are just plain ignorant

[quote name='snky_pete']Is there any way to get Spec Ops: The Line preorder available for store pick up?[/QUOTE]You could try speaking with a BBY representative via phone after placing the online order and ask if you could switch the delivery method to in-store pickup; I'm going to try this out tomorrow (and if it's a no-go, I'll ask that the order be cancelled).

[quote name='Enuf']There's nothing to "qualify" for it's a store policy for all. The only difference is reg. customers get 30 days & RZ silver members now get 60(started 6/18). Just follow this(there's some YMMV & alternative ways to get them too)

We're up to just 77 votes(which is small considering the # of views) but as we near 90ish I gotta follow-up with them since they need to change the status again.
Hopefully, with enuf votes Sept. could be the month
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

Edit:looking at the other improvement links I'll be following up on most of them since alot are nearing 50 votes, getting so many good response threads at 1 time & so much feedback from CAG could really help us in getting a rep hear too.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know, thanks Enuf.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I'm not really sure what your problem is in regards to my post. This post:

Would seem to indicate that there is a chance that the $20 promo could get extended to include all games (again, likely excluding things like the $40 portable games) by getting the certificate on games that are not already part of this offer. Also, if I submit a list of games that I want to buy that are not currently a part of this promo (and they get added to the list) wouldn't that also allow me to get this offer extended to any console game of my choice?

I'm also not entirely sure why you're trying to cut someone down that is showing an interest in this offer and is openly complimenting it. If I had posted "These game choices are terrible, I wish this would be on any console game you purchase" I could at least understand where you're coming from. As it is though, I don't understand why you've got such a problem with someone that's on your side in regards to the high quality of this deal.[/QUOTE]Complete misunderstanding I'm not attacking you at all I was tryin to figure out whether there's titles that were missing that you wanted or the titles listed maybe on a portable & that's what console you wanted to get it on. That's why my 1st response from about "PSvita/3DS" & the 2nd one had the link to get games added. I in no way meant to "cut you down" sorry if that's how it came across.

Portable games could definitely be added to the promo most likely at a reduced credit amount though. $10 I'd would think. Yes, if new games are added then you could chose between PS3/360 but I think there's a good chance PC gamers can get added to based off the responses from the OP link.

The current gamers club is in a state of flux so there's ALOT of improvements/changes in place & room to get better. Right now BB is gathering all the feedback from the links in the ideax area & brainstorming them. CAG is really strong in getting changes for the GC(the @gamer coupon stacking thread was a HUGE eye-opener for them) & when ideas come in that make sense & have tons of interest BB will change accordingly.

There was a deal thread from 1 yr ago on CAG that had 300,000 views before it was even posted on the BB GC site & when the mods forwarded it to the executives @ BB they were floored at how much interest there was so fast.

[quote name='Enuf']Complete misunderstanding I'm not attacking you at all I was tryin to figure out whether there's titles that were missing that you wanted or the titles listed maybe on a portable & that's what console you wanted to get it on. That's why my 1st response from about "PSvita/3DS" & the 2nd one had the link to get games added. I in no way meant to "cut you down" sorry if that's how it came across.

Portable games could definitely be added to the promo most likely at a reduced credit amount though. $10 I'd would think. Yes, if new games are added then you could chose between PS3/360 but I think there's a good chance PC gamers can get added to based off the responses from the OP link.

The current gamers club is in a state of flux so there's ALOT of improvements/changes in place & room to get better. Right now BB is gathering all the feedback from the links in the ideax area & brainstorming them. CAG is really strong in getting changes for the GC(the @gamer coupon stacking thread was a HUGE eye-opener for them) & when ideas come in that make sense & have tons of interest BB will change accordingly.

There was a deal thread from 1 yr ago on CAG that had 300,000 views before it was even posted on the BB GC site & when the mods forwarded it to the executives @ BB they were floored at how much interest there was so fast.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just realized that the sentence was probably bolded the second time due to copying and pasting. I should have realized that before. No big deal, hugs all around, etc :grouphug:

I also certainly understand your frustrations as I've seen you pulling teeth trying to get people to work with Best Buy instead of just talking about it here. It seems that people think far more people are aware of this site than what the actual numbers are. Of course, you also have to keep explaining to people that the Best Buy Gamer's Club is a good deal, so that may always be a losing battle for you ;)

[quote name='roger watersmelon']
I also certainly understand your frustrations as I've seen you pulling teeth trying to get people to work with Best Buy instead of just talking about it here. It seems that people think far more people are aware of this site than what the actual numbers are. Of course, you also have to keep explaining to people that the Best Buy Gamer's Club is a good deal, so that may always be a losing battle for you ;)[/QUOTE]not really frustrated I just like that this is a big company that you can actually get something changed with if you go thru the right process. The people who make me laugh are the ones that are completely cheapies but can't see the better value deal in their favor or don't think big picture thus spend more $ or get less credit or both. Plus, I do all the hard work all anyone has to do is express a valid concern & the post is made from their point of view so all they have to do is support themselves or others with like interests. We all want cheap games, high credit & good deals so there shouldn't be a huge set of disagreements & with me I'd rather have 5-8 options as a shopper since this will benefit all types of customers.

Since there's no other retailer with a good gamers club it's not rocket science LOL. After reading a few post in the "free deadliest warrior" thread I was just floored at the logic or lack there of. There's people who wouldn't pay $5 or $15 to get in on any of the deals that were ongoing but would for that that game. And to make it worse they were going to pay for the $15 sub to get that free game but they were so blinded by the "free" part that they didn't even realize they just paid $15 for it so how is it free LOL. With that mindset BB can rule the gaming world by doing this once every 1/2 months.

Well, I'd be frustrated. :D

I took a look at that link and the big stuff is covered: TTT2, Skylanders Giants, Last of Us. I've got a couple of suggestions I'm going to make, but they're far more niche titles so I certainly understand why they wouldn't be able to do so. One is Ni No Kuni (Studio Ghibli is popular, but I'm not sure how well that will translate to game sales). The other is The Last Story. I'd certainly switch my Amazon preorder over if there were a promo offer (I still might if I can get the $10 store pickup promo to work), but being only $50 I'm not sure that they'd want to include it (maybe an additional $10 offer).

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Well, I'd be frustrated. :D

I took a look at that link and the big stuff is covered: TTT2, Skylanders Giants, Last of Us. I've got a couple of suggestions I'm going to make, but they're far more niche titles so I certainly understand why they wouldn't be able to do so. One is Ni No Kuni (Studio Ghibli is popular, but I'm not sure how well that will translate to game sales). The other is The Last Story. I'd certainly switch my Amazon preorder over if there were a promo offer (I still might if I can get the $10 store pickup promo to work), but being only $50 I'm not sure that they'd want to include it (maybe an additional $10 offer).[/QUOTE]They had a $50 wii title on the 5 for $100 deal so that's not far fetched. I think BB is still tryin to figure out "demand" & even niche titles can be real profitable especially if BB is the only retailer with a deal on it then they corner the 1st week sales. Also, there's promos offered to them that we never see & if the demand was already their then they might pick up those niche titles & carry more of them. Basically, if BB knows they can sell then they'll stock it.

Why can't you do in-store pickup for Borderlands 2 pre-order?

Not only that, but the $10 code promo for choosing store pickup is advertised on the game, yet you can't pick the option...

[quote name='GamerDooD']Why can't you do in-store pickup for Borderlands 2 pre-order?

Not only that, but the $10 code promo for choosing store pickup is advertised on the game, yet you can't pick the option...[/QUOTE]

Borderlands 2 comes out September 18. To get the $10 gift card associated with in-store pickup, the transaction (including in-store pickup) must be completed by August 31. Read the OP in this thread for all the nitty gritty details: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323254

Long story short, you can't get the $10 GC with Borderlands 2.

[quote name='Dund3r']Borderlands 2 comes out September 18. To get the $10 gift card associated with in-store pickup, the transaction (including in-store pickup) must be completed by August 31. Read the OP in this thread for all the nitty gritty details: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323254

Long story short, you can't get the $10 GC with Borderlands 2.[/QUOTE]
Ok.

I still want in-store pickup for B2 like the other pre-order titles in the GCU $20 RZ promo. Why is it not an option like ACIII, Far Cry 3, RE6 etc. Do they not have the guaranteed in-store launch date like the other AAA games?

[quote name='GamerDooD']Ok.

I still want in-store pickup for B2 like the other pre-order titles in the GCU $20 RZ promo. Why is it not an option like ACIII, Far Cry 3, RE6 etc. Do they not have the guaranteed in-store launch date like the other AAA games?[/QUOTE]

Why not just pre-order it in store then?

Question: Do you really have to wait for 30 days in order to receive $20 coupons? Because if that's the case-- then it's not really a "coupon-train" similar to Kmart's last year. Unless you re-buy the game and use the coupons as soon as it arrives?

[quote name='newtype06']Question: Do you really have to wait for 30 days in order to receive $20 coupons? Because if that's the case-- then it's not really a "coupon-train" similar to Kmart's last year. Unless you re-buy the game and use the coupons as soon as it arrives?[/QUOTE]

Theses are really not a "coupon" like Kmart. They are points to your RZ account that can be used on anything in the store. It takes 30 days to post to prevent people from abusing this like people did at Kmart. Depending on the games you want you should be able to use some of these points towards them.

[quote name='newtype06']Question: Do you really have to wait for 30 days in order to receive $20 coupons? Because if that's the case-- then it's not really a "coupon-train" similar to Kmart's last year. Unless you re-buy the game and use the coupons as soon as it arrives?[/QUOTE]
Last I checked, Kmart doesn't coupon train anymore. This isn't a coupon train. It is credit you can use later down the line. Personally, I have bought games over multiple months/years so what is an extra 30 days to use my credit since I already have credit from previous purchases. Now thanks to Best Buy. I haven't spent an ounce of cash since last year on electronics. It all started with a Buy 5 $100 promotion. And I will continue this fall with these offers.

at least it wasn't delayed till 2013 but now BB has even more reason to add more titles that we've been asking for don't know who their promo guys are but how do you miss TTT2 or NFS.

[quote name='Proudgamer']Just a heads up for those getting farcry 3, its been delayed till december 4th

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/25/far-cry-3-delayed-to-dec-4-in-us-nov-29-in-europe-elsewhere/[/QUOTE]

While that sucks, I am just happy the new date still works with my coupon deal schedule I made, just need to alter it a bit. I was using my Max Payne 3 $20 gift card towards FC3, FC3 $20 RZ cert towards Dishonored, and Dishonored $20 RZ cert towards Black Ops 2, and getting Medal of Honor without using a coupon. Now I'll just use my Max Payne 3 gift card towards Dishonored, Dishonored coupon towards Black Ops 2, and Medal of Honor coupon towards FC3. So the dates still work with the 30 days to post. Just need to adjust a bit, but will still walk away spending the same at the end, and still have $40 RZ certs leftover.

[quote name='mightymek']While that sucks, I am just happy the new date still works with my coupon deal schedule I made, just need to alter it a bit. I was using my Max Payne 3 $20 gift card towards FC3, FC3 $20 RZ cert towards Dishonored, and Dishonored $20 RZ cert towards Black Ops 2, and getting Medal of Honor without using a coupon. Now I'll just use my Max Payne 3 gift card towards Dishonored, Dishonored coupon towards Black Ops 2, and Medal of Honor coupon towards FC3. So the dates still work with the 30 days to post. Just need to adjust a bit, but will still walk away spending the same at the end, and still have $40 RZ certs leftover.[/QUOTE]not sure if your silver or not but don't forget the points earn from the games themselves add up too along with the 25% bonus. With all the @gamer & GCU coupons deals even the $10 add up especially when there's 5-8 per month.

edit:unless your using credit from all the 110% trade in deals.:lol:

[quote name='Enuf']not sure if your silver or not but don't forget the points earn from the games themselves add up too along with the 25% bonus. With all the @gamer & GCU coupons deals even the $10 add up especially when there's 5-8 per month.

edit:unless your using credit from all the 110% trade in deals.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Not silver here, and yep, using all credit for the Fall deals, lol. Paying cash for any current @gamer deals though, so that will add up. I know I have a $5 RZ cert ready, plus I use Shopkick and have a $5 one almost ready there as well. I traded in enough to afford all four Fall games, using only my trade credits from the 110% deal and RZ certs from this deal (and my MP3 gift card). I just hope they keep FC3 on the list and not take it off because of the delay. If that happens, I'll have to change it up a bit and get Borderlands 2 for everything to work out. Which is fine, since I liked Borderlands, but I wanted FC3 more.

[quote name='mightymek']Not silver here, and yep, using all credit for the Fall deals, lol. Paying cash for any current @gamer deals though, so that will add up. I know I have a $5 RZ cert ready, plus I use Shopkick and have a $5 one almost ready there as well. I traded in enough to afford all four Fall games, using only my trade credits from the 110% deal and RZ certs from this deal (and my MP3 gift card). I just hope they keep FC3 on the list and not take it off because of the delay. If that happens, I'll have to change it up a bit and get Borderlands 2 for everything to work out. Which is fine, since I liked Borderlands, but I wanted FC3 more.[/QUOTE]they won't remove far cry b/c of the delay unless it gets pushed back again outside of 2012.

But there's still alot of time between now & then last game releasing so there maybe deals on games you're not interested in but knowing it's going on sale ahead of time(thanx 2 CAG) & a special promo + GC could make the deal to hard to pass up LOL.

I purchase games on systems that I don't even own & never will just to trade/sell on CL all the time. It's just to hard to pass up a $40 or less pm, when they give $20-$30 credit/points & they sell to a non savvy gamer for $50.

This is an easy way to stack points & reach silver status w/o really paying $2500 or $2k over 2 yrs. Once you get that silver bump & realized how to stack points with promos you'll find it hard to go back. I just wish they offer a silver tier for the gamers club too that would be beyond epic. :bouncy:

[quote name='Proudgamer']Just a heads up for those getting farcry 3, its been delayed till december 4th

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/25/far-cry-3-delayed-to-dec-4-in-us-nov-29-in-europe-elsewhere/[/QUOTE]

Man releasing a game between Black Friday and Christmas is kind of insane to be honest. The hardcore fans will buy it whenever but many people will have already spent their xmas budgets by then. I do not mind the delay since Borderlands 2 is 2 weeks later. I just hope this is about the co-op and mp stuff and not the sp experience. I really want this game to be awesome.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Looks like black ops removed from list?[/QUOTE]

Still there, just look at the reward zone page. It's not on the bestbuy page for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back