Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WV Matsui']I did the exact same transaction that you did and would like to know the best way to PM[/QUOTE]If you did in-store p/u your only option is to call to get the pm.

[quote name='IceColdKilla44']It's a shame that this promotion doesn't work for Resident Evil 6 Anthology :([/QUOTE]Really? I guess you didn't read the OP
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ed-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Too bad Sleeping Dogs isn't on the list. I think that is my most highly anticipated game of the year besides Borderlands 2.[/QUOTE]Did you vote for it in the link found in the OP? It may not be added to the list but they may just offer a $20 RZ or $20 instant GC deal for the games not on the list IF THERE'S ENOUGH DEMAND for it. Only 26 people have posted their requested titles.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/831/page/4#comments

[quote name='Enuf']

Did you vote for it in the link found in the OP? It may not be added to the list but they may just offer a $20 RZ or $20 instant GC deal for the games not on the list IF THERE'S ENOUGH DEMAND for it. Only 26 people have posted their requested titles.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/831/page/4#comments[/QUOTE]

This - I see so many people asking how to get more games added, yet nobody goes to the forum and votes/adds comments. It takes 2 minutes.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']This - I see so many people asking how to get more games added, yet nobody goes to the forum and votes/adds comments. It takes 2 minutes.[/QUOTE]I make the links based on the complaints I see from alot of people but even the people who complain don't even vote to support themselves LOL.

If you like the current game deals that BB has been providing it would make the most sense to vote up the ideas that I've linked since they're geared to getting more of the deals happening MORE OFTEN, making it easier to get in on the deal in general, getting MORE COUPONS/COUPON PACKS & easier access to the coupons. How could anyone disagree with that?

I believe there's a way to get at least 4 more mags full of coupons added to the @gamer subs along with 8-10 more coupons being added to each mag going forward. Once I get it written up & linked I'll post it as usual though. This would seem to be the most ideal situation for all gamers but I would still wonder if it would get at least 100 votes .

[quote name='Enuf']I make the links based on the complaints I see from alot of people but even the people who complain don't even vote to support themselves LOL.

If you like the current game deals that BB has been providing it would make the most sense to vote up the ideas that I've linked since they're geared to getting more of the deals happening MORE OFTEN, making it easier to get in on the deal in general, getting MORE COUPONS/COUPON PACKS & easier access to the coupons. How could anyone disagree with that?

I believe there's a way to get at least 4 more mags full of coupons added to the @gamer subs along with 8-10 more coupons being added to each mag going forward. Once I get it written up & linked I'll post it as usual though. This would seem to be the most ideal situation for all gamers but I would still wonder if it would get at least 100 votes .[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll be voting. It really does only take 2 minutes to hop over and vote/include a comment. It only takes about 10 seconds to just up vote...

[quote name='htz']https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

The RZ website has been updated, and black ops 2 has been removed from the promotion. The only place you will find reference to black ops 2 being part of the promo now, is on the BB forums. Not sure what will happen to those that already have pre-ordered.

OP has been updated with black ops 2 crossed out of the promo list for now.[/QUOTE]
Still shows it for me

[quote name='aircobra']You get directed to the page I linked when going through your RZ account.[/QUOTE]
Through your link I definitely still see it. But I think the one linked through the main $20 promo page is the updated version. BB has removed the offer from the black ops 2 listings already anyways.

Edit: I have contacted one of the BB mods about this, will update when I get a response back.

I think you don't get the CoD:BO2 promotion if you join GCU after a specific date. They read differently.

The one that shows BO2 starts off as "As a Reward Zone® Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles."

While the other one starts off by saying "Join Reward Zone® Gamers Club [Unlocked] at a Best Buy® store near you and get $20 in Reward Certificates for each select game you pre-order and purchase."

Hey guys, about a month ago I went to Best Buy and preordered Halo 4 but I forgot to give the cashier my RZ account info so I just went on to the RZ website and reported the points as missing. I did get my rewards points for the preorder but the site lists the purchase as a $3.68 preorder which is odd so I was just wondering if I'll still get the $20 promo or if I should just cancel and re-preorder?

NCAA order came up in my RZ, followed by a weird one with no points or anything.

Description Quantity SKU Price Total
REWARD ZONE CARD 1 5880889 $0.00 $0.00
PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY AND 1 1000002404 $0.00 $0.00

It's all 0 points though. Must be for the 1000 points or something for the promo?

probably was the pre-order dlc. When I called in to check my online order status, the automated system said I had 2 items in my order, the game and the dlc.

[quote name='Kyden139']probably was the pre-order dlc. When I called in to check my online order status, the automated system said I had 2 items in my order, the game and the dlc.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. Well, my 1000 isn't showing then. They'll probably update it later though like last year's 5/$100 deal.

my pre-order points have not posted yet for picking up ncaa 13, neither is store pick update which i was thinking would post.

but going back it shows a record on 6/20 with the following:

REWARD ZONE CARD 1 $0.00 $0.00
X360-NCAA FOOTBALL 13 1 $0.00 $0.00
Subtotal
(Sales Tax does not earn points) Sales Tax
Total $0.00
$0.29
$0.29

does this indicate my order qualifies? I mean i have gamers unlocked, and i believe my online account is linked, but i haven't opened the game until i can somehow confirm that i will get the $20 RZ points

[quote name='person123']Did anyone try to PM ToyrsRus ($44.99) for the people who Pre Ordered NCAA 13 online?[/QUOTE]

I called earlier today and they gave me the price match just told them I ordered online and picked up in store and I saw it on toysrus.com I got a price match email seconds later

[quote name='Enuf']
Really? I guess you didn't read the OP
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ed-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616
[/QUOTE]

Wow, don't know how I missed that :drool:

Thanks for pointing that out!

For those who still wanna to do the NCAA 13 price match just call the 1888BestBuy number. I just said it was cheaper at Toy R Us and the lady said she just did one. Don't even mess with doing this in store.

I had a problem pricematching over the phone for my online order/in-store pickup

since i used reward certs and gift cards, they were unable to price match to TRU.

they sent the issue over to the gift card department and I am waiting on a ruling to get a $15 gift card sent my way.

seems unlikely however

i used a gift card to buy ncaa 13 and got the price match of $15 back onto the gift card. I call the 1 888 bestbuy number and did this over the phone.

I have never tried this before, but, whats the rule on PMing more than once? Since ncaa is 45 at tru right now and peope are pming, what if it drops to 39 inside 45-60 days of purchase. Can it then be PMed again? If so, is there a limit of PMs inside the 45-60 day window?

[quote name='xpiredcoupon']I had a problem pricematching over the phone for my online order/in-store pickup

since i used reward certs and gift cards, they were unable to price match to TRU.

they sent the issue over to the gift card department and I am waiting on a ruling to get a $15 gift card sent my way.

seems unlikely however[/QUOTE]Form of payment(s) should have no effect your pm at all. Keep calling until you get a good rep.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']I have never tried this before, but, whats the rule on PMing more than once? Since ncaa is 45 at tru right now and peope are pming, what if it drops to 39 inside 45-60 days of purchase. Can it then be PMed again? If so, is there a limit of PMs inside the 45-60 day window?[/QUOTE]There's no limit on pm's you can pm an item 60 times in 60 days if you wanted to.

[quote name='Enuf']Form of payment(s) should have no effect your pm at all. Keep calling until you get a good rep.

There's no limit on pm's you can pm an item 60 times in 60 days if you wanted to.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Will probably go ahead a pm tru on ncaa.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']I have never tried this before, but, whats the rule on PMing more than once? Since ncaa is 45 at tru right now and peope are pming, what if it drops to 39 inside 45-60 days of purchase. Can it then be PMed again? If so, is there a limit of PMs inside the 45-60 day window?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can PM multiple times. I PM'd Max Payne 3 twice with BB on the phone. No issues at all.

[quote name='advanced']My NCAA order just had the 1000 points added to it. It was titled "Project 20 - UNLOCKED" in the points earned breakdown. Nice![/QUOTE]

Yeah, got mine too, that was quick. I was a little hesitant to price match but I've received my $10/$20 already.

[quote name='heatison777']Yeah, got mine too, that was quick. I was a little hesitant to price match but I've received my $10/$20 already.[/QUOTE] "price matches/adjustments" don't effect promos unless it would drop it below the $50. Now return/rebuys kill promos.

has anyone pre ordered farcry? im looking for a reason. i couldn't finish farcry 2's single player, the amount of driving became too tedious, and the multiplayer left much to be desired.

Question -

If I pre-order Madden 13 and do in-store pickup, I get the $20 cert and the $10 online coupon right?

But what happens if I use a GC? Will I still get the $30 in credit?

^^ Hell to the yeah. I'll give you three good reasons. Best Buy gives YOU twenty bucks back if you pre-order and fulfill it during their promotion. IF you decide you don't like it, you'll most likely come to that conclusion within the first few days of launch. YOU have a chance to easily get rid of it for 40 dollars, successfully getting all your money back. Not to mention the possible Price Matches .

If you play your cards right, you could possibly play most, if not all the upcoming releases for nothing out of pocket. Maybe you could even get payed to play them :bouncy:...

^ I think I read a couple pages back that using a gift card would yield you the 10/20 promo.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']When I called to PM toys r us they told me that since the price in the store isn't actually 44.99 that they can't pricematch it.[/QUOTE]

ditto. was told they don't pm competitor's websites.

My 1,000 points ($20 rz cert) are now pending from the NCAA transaction, but my $10 code for in store pickup is still missing.

[quote name='lordopus99']Isnt instore pricing 60 with 15 gc?[/QUOTE]

Explain to the cs rep over the phone on the website it lets u do instore pickup for the $45 price. Thats how I explained it to her.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']Explain to the cs rep over the phone on the website it lets u do instore pickup for the $45 price. Thats how I explained it to her.[/QUOTE]

Awesome point. Thanks for this, will use it when I call as I just picked up my copy of NCAA 13 today from my BBY.

Looking like my RZ points are pending with the bonus. Pretty sweet since I did an instore price match and they did a return/rebuy.

My original purchase is still on the pending list, but it doesn't have the bonus...my price mached rebuy has the bonus. Woot!

My purchase also put me over another 250, so I should be getting $25 RZ certs my way + my $10 code. Looks like Madden will have a cool $35 knocked off.

[quote name='heatison777']Yeah, got mine too, that was quick. I was a little hesitant to price match but I've received my $10/$20 already.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Enuf']"price matches/adjustments" don't effect promos unless it would drop it below the $50. Now return/rebuys kill promos.[/QUOTE]

Just like to say, I picked up (online order, in-store p/u) NCAA yesterday and in a moment of absentmindedness, I called and PMed to TRU this morning, BEFORE getting a savings code email. NCAA was the only thing on the order so the $15.80 back dropped me back under the $50 threshold, likely screwing me out of the $10 code.

HOWEVER, I still got the code today around 4pm EDT (the time many people report), about 6 hours after getting the PM returned to my card.

$45 oop = NCAA on release week + $30 credit; basically a 1.5 month free rental till Madden comes out (maybe getting paid to play it depending on TIV). Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back