Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed a PM on my second try. The first time the Rep wouldn't do it because the TRU "stock checker" is such a POS and said no stores in 40 miles had any. This was before TRU was open here so he said to call back later when TRU is open to confirm stock.

The second BB Rep I spoke with actually called the store to confirm stock. Of course the TRU had plenty of it despite the stock checker saying otherwise. He then gave me a refund of the difference.

I took Enuf's advice and it backfired on me. I pre-ordered NCAA in store on Monday night and I did an in store pick up order on Tuesday thinking I would get the $10gc/$20 certificate because he said as long as you fullfilled both parts of the promotion even if done seperately(pre-order by July 9th/ purchase by July 14th) that we will get the $20 certificate. My transactions show for both on the rewardzone site but I don't have 1,000 points pending like others have posted.

If there is a solution could someone please give me advice on how to rectify this.

The 8/31 date throws me off since almost everything comes after August.

So does the $20+$10 stack count for a game like AC3 or FC3?

Plus anyone know a good price match for AC3 or FC3. If someones selling it more than 10 dollars less than 59.98 it'll be worth not getting to use the $10 promo code.

^ It doesn't. Only Madden and NCAA work/worked. Everything else doesn't.

To Boogie:It took a while for it come after it first posted for me. Maybe try waiting? A day or two at the longest.

Other than that, return it and try again for Madden?

[quote name='Treyster']The 8/31 date throws me off since almost everything comes after August.

So does the $20+$10 stack count for a game like AC3 or FC3? [/QUOTE]

How does the date throw you off? That promo ends in August, the 2 games you listed don't come out until months after...so logic says no, it won't count.

[quote name='boogie4114']I pre-ordered NCAA in store on Monday night and I did an in store pick up order on Tuesday thinking I would get the $10gc/$20 certificate.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you just place an online order for in-store pickup Monday night? You knew you wanted to get the $20 RZ cert and the $10 code. So you pre-ordered in store and didn't even pick it up?

[quote name='aircobra']Why didn't you just place an online order for in-store pickup Monday night? You knew you wanted to get the $20 RZ cert and the $10 code. So you pre-ordered in store and didn't even pick it up?[/QUOTE]

The option wasn't available online for in store pick up on Moonday night till I found the little trick that someone posted but by then it was too late so I did it in store around 11:30 pm Monday night.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Well hopefully the don't try to check TRU stock in my area. They all say sold out. I guess they decided they didn't want too many people just paying $45.[/QUOTE]

yeah all the tru stores near me are also sold out but thankfully I don't think she checked availability so it was all good.

I show the 1000 points for the $20 RZ certificate, now i can order Fifa 13. I wish the $10 would get extended.

[quote name='boogie4114']The option wasn't available online for in store pick up on Moonday night till I found the little trick that someone posted but by then it was too late so I did it in store around 11:30 pm Monday night.[/QUOTE]

It worked for me. I preordered in store a while back before the instore pick up 10 dollar started. So Tuesday morning I did an instore pick up for NCAA and haven't done a damn thing with my preorder card. I have 1,000 pending points in my reward zone account.

Got the $10 email yesterday and see 1,000 points pending which says will be available around 7/23. Then I will use $10 code and $20 rewards zone credit to preorder Madden eventually getting the same deal. Probably trade in NCAA too so basically get to play for free till Madden release. Thank god I abandoned Gamestop and went to Best Buy.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']ugh now you are going to make me want to pre order all of them...[/QUOTE]You should, look at it this way all those $20 credit will be coming throughout the holidays when BB will be once again killing it with DOTD's...Once you're done with the games trade them or sell them to get even more for your money. Also, factoring in the DLC prices paid from last yr's deal you're gonna come out well ahead for each purchase. Most people that rode it out got BB to pay them to play the hottest fall titles & since all you have to do is follow CAG you'll stay ahead of the game.

Saint'sRow911;9783961]Looking like my RZ points are pending with the bonus. Pretty sweet since I did an instore price match and they did a [B][COLOR=lime]return/rebuy[/COLOR][/B]. My original purchase is still on the pending list said:
Just b/c it's pending DOESN"T mean it'll come when it's time to post in your account & they can also deduct points too. I've done things after 30 days since I have 45 days(60 now) & points have posted & been deducted later. I wouldn't get your hopes up until you actually have the points.

[quote name='boogie4114']I took Enuf's advice and it backfired on me. I pre-ordered NCAA in store on Monday night and I did an in store pick up order on Tuesday thinking I would get the $10gc/$20 certificate because he said as long as you fullfilled both parts of the promotion even if done seperately(pre-order by July 9th/ purchase by July 14th) that we will get the $20 certificate. My transactions show for both on the rewardzone site but I don't have 1,000 points pending like others have posted.

If there is a solution could someone please give me advice on how to rectify this.
it didn't backfire at all the reason your's isn't showing on the same transaction is b/c you didn't use the pre-order on the same receipt for the p/u. Side effect of the way you did the deal that's all.

Basically, your just gonna see the points appear in your account in 30ish days if they're not there just call CS & have the pre-order receipt pin & the purchase pin CS can instant credit points with that info. Did you get the $10 code yet this is what I'd be worried about since there's such a wide time range in people getting these.

It seems like people's reward accounts are showing pending for 1000 points. My account is only showing pending for 0 points. I preordered it on Sunday and picked it up Wednesday so I'm confused why it isn't showing up as 1000 points. Last time I called Customer Service they said they can't do anything until the points actually post and they don't show up. So I guess I have to just wait 30 days and then call. Ugh Best Buy.

[quote name='slowdive21']Reminder: Today is the (probably) last day to PM NCAA to TRU @ $45. I just called in and got my PM![/QUOTE]

I still need to do this. First step is to call the closest TRUs and hope they have existing stock, then hit up BBY. I just now received my $10 off $50 in-store RZ cert, still nothing showing for the $20 preorder RZ but I'm over the first hurdle.

Update from yesterday about black ops 2 removal from the promo.
I got confirmation from BB kyle that black ops 2 is still part of the promo, for previous and new pre-orders.

[quote name='htz']Update from yesterday about black ops 2 removal from the promo.
I got confirmation from BB kyle that black ops 2 is still part of the promo, for previous and new pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks htz

halo 4 limited editions shows up for the promo on the website but not on the kiosk in store. can anyone confirm that I will get the $20 cert for preordering in store? I assume I could at least get it from customer service eventually since we were told limited editions work.

[quote name='tham1988']halo 4 limited editions shows up for the promo on the website but not on the kiosk in store. can anyone confirm that I will get the $20 cert for preordering in store? I assume I could at least get it from customer service eventually since we were told limited editions work.[/QUOTE]

The OP says hi :roll:

[quote name='aircobra']The OP says hi :roll:[/QUOTE]

I know its supposed to work. I'm just worried it won't work automatically without me calling customer service after it comes out since it doesnt show up on the kiosk.

[quote name='tham1988']halo 4 limited editions shows up for the promo on the website but not on the kiosk in store. can anyone confirm that I will get the $20 cert for preordering in store? I assume I could at least get it from customer service eventually since we were told limited editions work.[/QUOTE]If the game is listed in OP for PS3 or 360 ANY VERSION will receive the $20 whether you see it on BB.com/RZ site or not doesn't matter.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ident-Evil-6-archives-20-RZ-promo/td-p/542268

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...-AC3-console-bundle-w-20-RZ-promo/td-p/542496

[quote name='Enuf']To hell with waiting 30 days for the $20 RZ getting a instant $20 BB GC would make everyone happy so vote it up
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ints-posts-w-nno-risk-to-BestBuy/idi-p/547674[/QUOTE]

Like the idea but you're looking at an IT (system) upgrade which is never easy or cheap to implement.

Second piece of changing a policy to be different from all other products/rest of store is incredibly challenging. You want a consistent experience and that would be a good experience so putting in an exception would be great for gaming customers IF it was executed properly. Hard to train over 100k employees exceptions.

So is the community saying the $20 in points within 30 days of purchase isn't a good enough deal?

Enuf: I like everything you're doing with BB ie 20 promo/ thread...
But I just hate the silver gamer idea you metion in the thread.

[quote name='dc delta90']Like the idea but you're looking at an IT (system) upgrade which is never easy or cheap to implement.

Second piece of changing a policy to be different from all other products/rest of store is incredibly challenging. You want a consistent experience and that would be a good experience so putting in an exception would be great for gaming customers IF it was executed properly. Hard to train over 100k employees exceptions.

So is the community saying the $20 in points within 30 days of purchase isn't a good enough deal?[/QUOTE]Lets be honest if there's 1 major area that BB consistantly struggles with isn't it the PC system? It has been costing them money just look at all the errors with the b2g1, multiple code issues. The pre-order system is flawed already & if they were to correct that it would also prevent SE/LE pre-orders from being sold to the wrong people. The system itself needs a upgrade from the ground up.

Also, if the system is correctly implemented it takes alot of the guess work out.

Cost to upgrade will only increase in the future anyways meanwhile the losses from pc errors will continue to mount so it's basically cutting off your nose to spite your face.

[quote name='k1ngster']Enuf: I like everything you're doing with BB ie 20 promo/ thread...
But I just hate the silver gamer idea you metion in the thread.[/QUOTE]What do you hate about it?
You have 4 ways to become silver as opposed to just spend $2500 which is the main complaint I've seen.
1 - We get the $10 for spending $150 on gaming back
2 - We get another "welcome kit" type coupon pack on the spot
3 - We get 10% off ALL NEW gaming items(not systems)
4 - We get additional Silver only @gamer mag coupons
5 - We get more coupons/deals thru the RZ site
6 - We get $10-$40 more pre-order credit for SE/CE/LE that cost more than $60.
7 - We get another 10%(20% off total) off used items
8 - We get silver only DOTD's
9 - We get early access to the black Friday gaming deals
10 - We get early/extended access to sales
11 - We get the 60 price matching policy

[quote name='Enuf']
You have 4 ways to become silver as opposed to just spend $2500 which is the main complaint I've seen.[/QUOTE]

Can you go over the 4 ways?

didn't see the link mention these.

I'm guessing this is a proposal your working on and not (yet) methods of obtaining/maintaining premier silver?

spending $1000/yr on gaming is reasonable however the others somewhat overlap. I'm guessing BB doesn't count "overspending" in a year and count it for the following.

I think spending $1000/yr on gaming OR preorder 15 unique games (PC and handhelds too) would be great ways to reach silver

We are buying a macbook later this year, that will put me back over my silver amount.

Side note, im starting to doubt Darksiders 2 will be added to this promotion. Not much time left....

I'm silver every year and the way I do it is from the Reward Zone Mastercard. I put all my months purchases on it and pay it off in full monthly. Tons of certificates to boot!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']didn't see the link mention these.

I'm guessing this is a proposal your working on and not (yet) methods of obtaining/maintaining premier silver?

spending $1000/yr on gaming is reasonable however the others somewhat overlap. I'm guessing BB doesn't count "overspending" in a year and count it for the following.

I think spending $1000/yr on gaming OR preorder 15 unique games (PC and handhelds too) would be great ways to reach silver[/QUOTE]All the ideax stuff I post needs support to go into effet if there's enuf demand BB will supply. No overspending sorry. Basically if I'm going to ask for the world from BB I need to make sure it works on business level for them too.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']We are buying a macbook later this year, that will put me back over my silver amount.

Side note, im starting to doubt Darksiders 2 will be added to this promotion. Not much time left....[/QUOTE]Make sure you buy it during this promo to get the 2X or 3X points.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325004

From what I've been hearing they may add $20 promos to games but they just won't be added to the promo as advertised, it'll just pop up. They may also have another promo on some of the other titles too. But people still need to keep voting/commenting in the link it's clear there's been severe oversite on some titles.

I just got issued my $20 cert for NCAA football. I preordered it on June 17 for the July 10 release. The 1000 points had posted to my account last week but were pending. This morning they issued the cert for me since I have it set to $20. I had called and gotten my price adjustment at the end of the week, so i am very pleased at this deal. Thanks enuf!

[quote name='slowdive21']If I preordered AC in march and I want the CE version, I am going to have to cancel my po and po the CE, right?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you will.

just got the last reckoning at my best buy. there was one copy between all the systems and that was the ps3.

also got street fighter tekken on 360 only cause my all star fight game pads are on the 360. and i can take it home this weekend to friends that only have a 360 and we can enjoy it.

also found a rare though potentially iffy anime complete series for 12.99 which is like impossible to find any anime for 12.99 anywhere in a store.

[quote name='Enuf']

From what I've been hearing they may add $20 promos to games but they just won't be added to the promo as advertised, it'll just pop up. They may also have another promo on some of the other titles too. But people still need to keep voting/commenting in the link it's clear there's been severe oversite on some titles.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Come on people, upvote those threads over there!

For sure people need to vote. I jumped on and voted for titles I won't even buy even if they gave me $20 bonus, but I know others would...so I voted those titles as well.

The more games we get with that promo the better!

hmmm weird i dont have the purchase showing up on my account but i have the points pending (i added all of my pending points together and it equals to 2xxx and it says i have 3xxx pending)

I've read back quite a bit and not seeing anything about it. When do the $20 gift cards come through? I got my $10 codes but no $20s yet.

[quote name='KishPrime']I've read back quite a bit and not seeing anything about it. When do the $20 gift cards come through? I got my $10 codes but no $20s yet.[/QUOTE]

I have already received mine.

I preordered NCAA 13 on 6/17, picked up the game 7/10. The 1000 points posted into my account shortly after pickup (I forget when exactly), and I was issued my $20 certificate on 7/18.

Until more people report in, I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but the cert was issued 31 days after preorder, or 1 day after the final day for pickup.

Hate to ask but I could not find the answer anywhere,...when you preorder online does it charge you the full $59+tax right away? I was looking to do the $20 + extra $10 with in-store pickup, but it looked like it was going to charge me the full amount right away.

[quote name='dviper2399']Hate to ask but I could not find the answer anywhere,...when you preorder online does it charge you the full $59+tax right away? I was looking to do the $20 + extra $10 with in-store pickup, but it looked like it was going to charge me the full amount right away.[/QUOTE]

I think they put a hold on your card immediately, but the charge does not go through until you pick up your purchase.

Didn't expect the $20 till next week, but got the email today.

Going to preorder Madden this Sunday during the reward zone special to get double points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back