Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few questions that I didn't see answered because I didn't look. (FYI my Internet only allows me to access forums so I can't find info for myself.)

What is this deal?
How do I get this deal?
Where is the nearest store?
How do I beat the second boss?
What's the trade in value?
What makes this a good deal?

Just pre-ordered both RE6 and AC3 using a GC (traded in a bunch of games thanks to the 50% TIV bonus) and will be picking up/paying both using GCs as well when they come out.

Got a question tho, and I'm actually a lil bit confused to the rules hence I'm asking, but will I still get the 2 x 1000 bonus points ($20 Rewards Certificate) afterwards since I'm paying in GCs, whereas the general rule is that you do not get points when purchasing using GCs and Reward Certificates?

[quote name='newtype06']Just pre-ordered both RE6 and AC3 using a GC (traded in a bunch of games thanks to the 50% TIV bonus) and will be picking up/paying both using GCs as well when they come out.

Got a question tho, and I'm actually a lil bit confused to the rules hence I'm asking, but will I still get the 2 x 1000 bonus points ($20 Rewards Certificate) afterwards since I'm paying in GCs, whereas the general rule is that you do not get points when purchasing using GCs and Reward Certificates?[/QUOTE]
If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.
Your question is answered in the first post of this thread but yes you will still get your $20 bonus points. Your regular RZ points will not show up like you said if you use gift cards or rz certs as usual.

wish i could price match gamestop ncaa football 12 for 50, but dont wanna risk my 20 cuz they will do a return/rebuy instore... do you think we might get points on 7th and i could pm then maybe?
i know i could call 888 but. argh

I didn't want to thread crap in the Newegg thread, so I thought I'd put this here.

I was checking out that $10 off pre-order deal, but I can't see how I wouldn't get a better deal or at the very least the same deal at Best Buy. Has there been a game that hasn't dropped at least $10 after 2 months. With BB's price-match policy I'm basically guaranteed any new release for at least $50, most even less. And I'm not even taking into account the bonus gift cards. Am I missing something?

[quote name='dino88']I didn't want to thread crap in the Newegg thread, so I thought I'd put this here.

I was checking out that $10 off pre-order deal, but I can't see how I wouldn't get a better deal or at the very least the same deal at Best Buy. Has there been a game that hasn't dropped at least $10 after 2 months. With BB's price-match policy I'm basically guaranteed any new release for at least $50, most even less. And I'm not even talking about the ones that come with a bonus gift card. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]
The NewEgg $10 promo is really good for portable games like 3DS and Vita games. Best Buy has my money for PS3/X360 games though, like you said with price matching, and unlocked promos.

[quote name='htz']The NewEgg $10 promo is really good for portable games like 3DS and Vita games. Best Buy has my money for PS3/X360 games though, like you said with price matching, and unlocked promos.[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. I don't pay much attention to the portable game prices. I saw some people mentioning stuff like GTA5 and thought maybe I was missing something. I'm perfectly fine with BB's 90 day pm policy. It's not even a gamble with how quickly games drop in price.

I haven't checked this thread in awhile. I was hoping Darksiders II would have been added to the list, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I guess I'll just do store pickup for the extra $10.

If I do preorder and do instore pickup for Madden 13 can I get both the $10 promo and the $20 promo? or only one?

[quote name='dino88']Oh, okay. I don't pay much attention to the portable game prices. I saw some people mentioning stuff like GTA5 and thought maybe I was missing something. I'm perfectly fine with BB's 90 day pm policy. It's not even a gamble with how quickly games drop in price.[/QUOTE]
They are most likely locking in the $10 promo now, and cancel later if a better offer comes along later. NewEgg usually sell pre-orders near launch for $47.99 anyways.
[quote name='jimmyy201']If I do preorder and do instore pickup for Madden 13 can I get both the $10 promo and the $20 promo? or only one?[/QUOTE]
You get both. Make sure you pick it up on release date or anytime before 8/31.

[quote name='htz']They are most likely locking in the $10 promo now, and cancel later if a better offer comes along later. NewEgg usually sell pre-orders near launch for $47.99 anyways.
[/QUOTE]

But you usually need to use a promo code to get that $47.99 price, right? The $10 promo says it cannot be stacked with any other promo code or discount.

[quote name='htz']
You get both. Make sure you pick it up on release date or anytime before 8/31.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='dino88']But you usually need to use a promo code to get that $47.99 price, right? The $10 promo says it cannot be stacked with any other promo code or discount.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that is correct, just saying that NewEgg usually offers pre-orders near release date for $47.99 so pre-ordering a $59.99 game with $10 promo code from them is most likely not the best deal.

Majority of CAGs probably just locking in for now and cancel later.

Well, at least I'm not totally out of the loop. I thought I was missing something in that thread. Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy, htz. :lol:

Does Best Buy charge immediately for preorders? Considering doing Madden 13 as well for the $20/$10. But if was immediately, then I would have to wait a little while.

Does 2 pre-order's get u to sliver and also if u use them do you lose sliver

[quote name='AdemaSlipknotX']Does Best Buy charge immediately for preorders? Considering doing Madden 13 as well for the $20/$10. But if was immediately, then I would have to wait a little while.[/QUOTE]

They put a hold for the amount and then it goes away and then they change couple days before it release

[quote name='starmask2k3']Does 2 pre-order's get u to sliver and also if u use them do you lose sliver[/QUOTE]

A sliver of what?

[quote name='AdemaSlipknotX']Does Best Buy charge immediately for preorders? Considering doing Madden 13 as well for the $20/$10. But if was immediately, then I would have to wait a little while.[/QUOTE]

They'll put a hold on your account, but they technically can't charge you until you pick up the item.

So the only 2 games you can get $30 credit is

NCAA Football 13 July 10 / July 17
Madden NFL 13 August 28 / September 4

because the rest of the games don't release until sometime after 8/31.

I didn't read all 11 pages, but is it confirmed to be $20 per game?

It says:

Get $20 in Reward Certificates
As a Reward Zone® Gamers Club Unlocked member, receive $20 in Reward Certificates for each select game you pre-order and purchase.

[quote name='wargod']So the only 2 games you can get $30 credit is

It says:

As a Reward Zone® Gamers Club Unlocked member, receive $20 in Reward Certificates for each select game you pre-order and purchase.[/QUOTE]

Your answer is in the OP, confirmed by a BB rep that you can earn up to 12 $20 GC.

[quote name='wargod']So the only 2 games you can get $30 credit is

It says:

As a Reward Zone® Gamers Club Unlocked member, receive $20 in Reward Certificates for each select game you pre-order and purchase.[/QUOTE]

You can't get the $30 from NCAA anymore. Only a $10 code for doing the store pick up.

On the preorder card that all the Best Buys I go to have, there is a Games for Windows SKU, so if you get them to scan that.... I doubt it's out of the system, but it's gone online. It was advertised so if you don't get your $20, I doubt it'd take more than five minutes to get it in a phone call.

[quote name='maxiell']On the preorder card that all the Best Buys I go to have, there is a Games for Windows SKU, so if you get them to scan that.... I doubt it's out of the system, but it's gone online. It was advertised so if you don't get your $20, I doubt it'd take more than five minutes to get it in a phone call.[/QUOTE]

The problem is I haven't pre-ordered yet :( It was on the list earlier and I was going to, but I put it off, went to do it today and it's not there. I guess I could go for the PS3 version, but still, was really thinking PC.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']wait BB PM policy is 60 days and unfortunately not 90 days (someone mentioned 90) right?[/QUOTE]

think its 30 days and 45 days for silver members

[quote name='Gamer SDP']wait BB PM policy is 60 days and unfortunately not 90 days (someone mentioned 90) right?

still waiting to PM NCAA 13[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was me. At first I said 2 months and then accidentally typed 90 days. It's 60 days for Silver members (they recently extended it from 45), 30 for everyone else.

[quote name='sninh']ncaa is 49.99 at gs right now[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Now I have to figure out how to show "proof" to price match an online order. Will they just call them since they don't match websites?

[quote name='Rockinjs']think its 30 days and 45 days for silver members[/QUOTE]

Silver status is 60 days -- it went up from 45 back in June.

[quote name='fmwross2']Thanks. Now I have to figure out how to show "proof" to price match an online order. Will they just call them since they don't match websites?[/QUOTE]

In my experience, if you placed an order on bestbuy.com and want to PM, the CS rep you speak to will call your local Gamestop (or whatever retailer you are tryin to PM) to see if the they have the game in stock. The only proof you need over the phone is you stating what the price is at another retailer, then they will call them and follow up on it. Good luck!

[quote name='fmwross2']Thanks. Now I have to figure out how to show "proof" to price match an online order. Will they just call them since they don't match websites?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy 100% matches websites, the only stipulation is that it is supposed to be "available in store for the same price." Typically though they simply check the website to confirm the price (if you don't have it in front of you on your phone or whatever). Technically they don't price match Amazon/Newegg/etc., but Gamestop, yes.

The same deal is available in stores, so they'll just have to call the local store to verify availability/price.

[quote name='sninh']ncaa is 49.99 at gs right now[/QUOTE]

I tried to PM this Friday night and got the bogus reasoning that BB can't PM this because Gamestop doesn't include the 5 star QB DLC like BB did.

Didn't get around to trying it again until Monday night, just now. And holy fuck, I got *the same rep*. :roll: Really??? I don't think she remembered me, but she sure remembered her go-to PM denial excuse.

Oh well, tried a 3rd time and finally got someone else. Jose hooked me up :applause:

I called CS and IDK if the guy called but im pretty sure he just checked the website and was like "Is this in-store?" and I told him yeah. Then he credited me back 10.

Yeah with the 44.99 tru the lady called and checked and everything and then I called again right after and the lady checked the website and gave it

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Best Buy 100% matches websites, the only stipulation is that it is supposed to be "available in store for the same price." Typically though they simply check the website to confirm the price (if you don't have it in front of you on your phone or whatever). Technically they don't price match Amazon/Newegg/etc., but Gamestop, yes.[/QUOTE]

Well they price match Amazon now. They started to do so 3 weeks ago as per a couple of posters on these boards(1 of which said he works at BB). Not sure what thread it was but I def remember reading those posts.

[quote name='inky1600']Well they price match Amazon now. They started to do so 3 weeks ago as per a couple of posters on these boards(1 of which said he works at BB). Not sure what thread it was but I def remember reading those posts.[/QUOTE]
US policy hasn't been updated since March and it still states...
"The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices"

[quote name='lordopus99']US policy hasn't been updated since March and it still states...
"The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices"[/QUOTE]

As you say, the website has not been updated since March and this went into effect July 17. From what I understand, this is only a pilot program to be set up in states where Amazon collects sales tax. This is from a Texas Best Buy store.

attachment.php

[quote name='inky1600']Well they price match Amazon now. They started to do so 3 weeks ago as per a couple of posters on these boards(1 of which said he works at BB). Not sure what thread it was but I def remember reading those posts.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that they only officially match Amazon prices in Canada at the moment. Test run if you will.

[quote name='lordopus99']US policy hasn't been updated since March and it still states...
"The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices"[/QUOTE]

This is referring to products marked as "online only." As I said before, the asterisk in their price matching competitors websites is that it needs to be available in store for the same price; this does also mean that if the store matches their online prices that Best Buy will match it as well. Case and point, Toys R Us will match their online prices, Walmart (and in many cases Target) will not. So technically, as everything on Walmart.com is online only pricing, you can not price match Walmart.com but you can price match Toysrus.com (and I have many times in the past) per Best Buy's PM policy.

forgot all about darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs releasing next week. guess there's no way they'll be added to the $20 promo list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back