Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']not only that b/c BB sells pre-paid visa cards you can basically earn RZ points for ALL PURCHASES MADE ANYWHERE(THERE IS A $6 FEE PER $200). But since this will basically ensure RZ silver status along with the 60 pm window & $250 spent nets $5 in RZ points you don't really lose anything. Give them as presents, when people borrow money...[/QUOTE]WOW. I had no idea you could do that. I'm gonna pick up a hundred dollar one every week, maybe more for grocery shopping. Thanks mang.

[quote name='Enuf']not only that b/c BB sells pre-paid visa cards you can basically earn RZ points for ALL PURCHASES MADE ANYWHERE(THERE IS A $6 FEE PER $200). But since this will basically ensure RZ silver status along with the 60 pm window & $250 spent nets $5 in RZ points you don't really lose anything. Give them as presents, when people borrow money...[/QUOTE]

I never realized this. So you get the points for the card ($200) and not just the $6 fee? I may have to do this just to extend my silver.

going to be dumb question but new to this best buy reward zone, was going to go tomorrow and pick up the card and pay the 14.99 to get the year subscription and also preorder some games for the 20 dollar RZ each. Do i do the card subscription first in one transaction then in a seperate transaction order the games or all at once?

Regarding Madden 13:
Did anyone get an email for the Walsh dlc code? I only received the Luck dlc code a few days ago and the Rice dlc code after pickup. But no Walsh in sight.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So a question for those with expiring GCU accounts. Does the renewal come as an email and/or available on the RZ website? I am now less than 4 weeks away from my unlocked membership expiring and I have not gotten an email, been asked at the counter, or been given the option to renew from the website.[/QUOTE]
I don't think you get one. My rewardzone account says i'm gamer unlocked thu Sept. 11, 2012 so my subscription ends soon. I haven't received a single email and no gaming section clerk asked me about it even though I've been trading in wii games for the past week.

My GCU expires on 9/11. I received one email on 8/12 reminding me that it expires soon, and that if I renewed before it expired, I would receive 250 bonus rewardzone points.

So I got two questions that I haven't seen answered yet.

1. I will become silver in about two weeks (my next trade in) but I'll be buying madden tomorrow,will I be able to price match madden for 60 days even though I bought it BEFORE I became silver?

2. When you renew your GCU,do they give you a new rewards card as well,or just update the one you have on you?

Oh,and thanks enuf for the visa card idea. That's going to help me stay silver for quite awhile once I get it.

[quote name='Vap']So I got two questions that I haven't seen answered yet.

1. I will become silver in about two weeks (my next trade in) but I'll be buying madden tomorrow,will I be able to price match madden for 60 days even though I bought it BEFORE I became silver?

2. When you renew your GCU,do they give you a new rewards card as well,or just update the one you have on you?

Oh,and thanks enuf for the visa card idea. That's going to help me stay silver for quite awhile once I get it.[/QUOTE]

1. No, the Silver PM window only applies to purchases made after you're officially Silver.

2. No new card, just updated GCU info on the rewards number you currently have

Still haven't gotten any codes for Madden, Luck or Rice/Walsh. If I don't get anything by tomorrow, I'll just get a hold of someone on the forums.

[quote name='advanced']Still haven't gotten any codes for Madden, Luck or Rice/Walsh. If I don't get anything by tomorrow, I'll just get a hold of someone on the forums.[/QUOTE]

Got my Rice/Walsh, but no Luck.

[quote name='advanced']Still haven't gotten any codes for Madden, Luck or Rice/Walsh. If I don't get anything by tomorrow, I'll just get a hold of someone on the forums.[/QUOTE]

I got my Luck code like last weekend, maybe on Saturday, I got my Rice code yesterday.

my points have not shown up as pending on my account

my online and rewards accounts are link and everything is done right but no sign i even did anything

Finally pre-ordered Borderlands 2 and Dishonored. Now I just gotta finish up some games so I can trade them in and get some BB credit.

[quote name='darkvulture']my points have not shown up as pending on my account

my online and rewards accounts are link and everything is done right but no sign i even did anything[/QUOTE]

I think you have to wait a couple of days for your RWZ account to be updated.

my online and rewards accounts are link and everything is done right but no sign i even did anything[/QUOTE]

My NCAA didn't show up till a week later so give it a couple days. Should be getting $10 savings code around 4 today though.

[quote name='ic dedpeeps']I can not find on BB website where they list Black Ops 2 as part of this...[/QUOTE]

Its under myrewardzone page.

Did anyone have a problem getting the Luck code to work? I recieved the Rice/Walsh code and it worked no problem, but the code for Luck said it wasn't good.

Just to clarify for some people. You will receive the code for Rice/Walsh after you pick up your pre-order.

So odd thing. I preordered Madden last week before I went on vacation. Got a notice that I need to pick it up by Friday or it's canceled. I thought I had 10 days (which would have started yesterday).

Anyone have this happen before?

[quote name='joshnorm']So odd thing. I preordered Madden last week before I went on vacation. Got a notice that I need to pick it up by Friday or it's canceled. I thought I had 10 days (which would have started yesterday).

Anyone have this happen before?[/QUOTE]
Pick it Friday next week right?

[quote name='ARsignal11']Does this offer also work by pre-ordering the Halo 4 Limited Edition?[/QUOTE]

It should, although the Best Buy website has numerous discrepancies with regard to this deal including no reference to Black Ops 2 except in one small section. I suspect many of us will have to call for manual adjustments in the coming months as Best Buy seems to have problems communicating offers like this internally.

[quote name='DWulf']My GCU expires on 9/11. I received one email on 8/12 reminding me that it expires soon, and that if I renewed before it expired, I would receive 250 bonus rewardzone points.[/QUOTE]
Interesting... I've never received such an email yet.

Mine expires on 9/26. Judging by the timing of your email, I should have received an email on 8/25. I shall look again just in case.

My friend downloaded the latest roster for Madden 13 and it had Andrew Luck on it already. He hasn't redeemed the Luck code yet. So if its on the roster , whats the code for?

[quote name='spidey35']Did anyone have a problem getting the Luck code to work? I recieved the Rice/Walsh code and it worked no problem, but the code for Luck said it wasn't good.

Just to clarify for some people. You will receive the code for Rice/Walsh after you pick up your pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Was your Rice/Walsh one code?

I got a code but it said it was just Rice.

[quote name='thelwig14']Was your Rice/Walsh one code?

I got a code but it said it was just Rice.[/QUOTE]
It has been reported on previous posts that the Rice code includes Walsh as well.

[quote name='Zygote']My friend downloaded the latest roster for Madden 13 and it had Andrew Luck on it already. He hasn't redeemed the Luck code yet. So if its on the roster , whats the code for?[/QUOTE]

It's for the Madden Ultimate Team mode, where you normally have to buy packs to get decent players.

Picked up my copy of Madden yesterday. BB just sent me a code. Doesnt say what it is but I assume it's Jerry Rice/Bill Walsh cause I got the Andrew Luck code last week.

[quote name='ic dedpeeps']I've looked everywhere on both pages and don't see it.[/QUOTE]

Go to your reward page under game offers then preorder it has it listed. Probably gonna need to call in order to eventually get $20 GC since its not listed.

Just got my Madden code. I don't like the system they use, but I won't complain as long as I always get my PO bonus. 3 for 3 this year (Lollipop, NCAA, Madden).

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Interesting... I've never received such an email yet.

Mine expires on 9/26. Judging by the timing of your email, I should have received an email on 8/25. I shall look again just in case.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it made any difference, but I'm a Silver member. I reupped my GCU yesterday when I picked up Madden. I'll give it a few days to post, and see if those bonus points show up as pending.

Well just went today and did the GCU for the first time, in the first transaction then in the 2nd transaction preordered: Borderlands 2, Dishonored and Black Ops 2.

Have a question: Does the Buy 2 Get 1 free coupon on used games get emailed to me or on the website? How long does it take to recieve it?

I've gotten a couple of Luck codes from Best Buy after canceling my order and then placing another one later on and it was for Madden 12 Ultimate Team both times.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Go to your reward page under game offers then preorder it has it listed. Probably gonna need to call in order to eventually get $20 GC since its not listed.[/QUOTE]
Thank you. I Find the game there ,however it says nothing about being part of the $20 deal there. When you select the game it links you back to BB and there is nothing there about it either. I suppose I will have to wait and see if it comes up later.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Pick it Friday next week right?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, meant 8/31 so this Friday.

So 10 day after I preordered. Given me 4 days to pick it up. Which can't happen thanks to my vacation.

[quote name='ic dedpeeps']Thank you. I Find the game there ,however it says nothing about being part of the $20 deal there. When you select the game it links you back to BB and there is nothing there about it either. I suppose I will have to wait and see if it comes up later.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you are logged in to rewardzone, then try this....

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f80095b29

So I think I am addicted to Best Buy's pre-order deal, and their 100% trade-in bonus. I just traded more games in to get Resident Evil 6. Now I have 6 games on preorder...and no time to play them :whistle2:/

[quote name='ic dedpeeps']Thank you. I Find the game there ,however it says nothing about being part of the $20 deal there. When you select the game it links you back to BB and there is nothing there about it either. I suppose I will have to wait and see if it comes up later.[/QUOTE]

Here you go. I thought this would help since Black Ops II seems to the be most confusing with this deal.

ry%3D400

I was going to ask this question but looks like it was answered. The only additional evidence that I purchased it "correctly" was the receipt of my $10 code today.

I'll just hang on and keep checking periodically.

[quote name='bob330i']I was going to ask this question but looks like it was answered. The only additional evidence that I purchased it "correctly" was the receipt of my $10 code today.

I'll just hang on and keep checking periodically.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't worry much about it, if you're GCU and have your accounts linked properly you'll get the points. I have the same thing here, nothing in Rewards Zone, but got the $10 store pick-up cert. That's the one I was more worried about.

I did the NCAA 13 pre-order deal as well, I don't know exactly how long it took for the points to show up, but they were credited to my account and I have since printed a Rewards cert. Many of these store rewards programs take a few days (or more than a few) to update with your purchase info, Staples and Office Depot are other examples.

Have a question: Does the Buy 2 Get 1 free coupon on used games get emailed to me or on the website? How long does it take to recieve it?

[quote name='therealdanhill']I'm sorry guys, can someone tell me if you are charged right away or when you pick it up/the game ships?[/QUOTE]

They charge once you pick it up/it ships.

Edit: also,if it helps anyone,last time I was in BB they had a cardboard box with a picture of every game that gives you a $20 certificate and BOll was pictured. I know it's not "proof" but I thought I'll just throw that our there.

[quote name='Vap']They charge once you pick it up/it ships.[/QUOTE]

Actually they put a hold on the funds right away, but doesn't fully charge you until you pick up.

How do you know when your Gamer Unlocked status ends?

On myrewardzone.com my gamer unlocked status states active thru 9/11/2012.

In contrast my atgamermagazine.com account states:
Account Status: Active Paid
Expire Issue: Oct 1, 2012
Subscription Term: 10 issues
Start Issue: Nov 1, 2011
Last Issue Mailed: Sep 1, 2012

So does my gamer unlocked status end on 9/11 or 10/1?

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']does anyone know if you can pricematch black friday deals? im not sure if i should preorder assassins creed or wait.[/QUOTE]
No you cannot. That is the only sale specifically listed as not matchable. In recent history AAA titles that come out in the fall have gone for $30-35 on Black Friday so IMO it is not worth the gamble waiting. Preorder it now as the 1000 reward zone points are almost as good as the cash you would save on BF and you won't have to wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back